Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shockinsocky

what county was that shop in,if you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Patrick Street, Cork. I only went in to do it after I saw the Facebook post that Tinie posted on here. Went into the same shop the other day and traded in 5 games for 90e and the guy was lovely, seems it's all about what staff you get really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hayezer wrote: »
    Patrick Street, Cork. I only went in to do it after I saw the Facebook post that Tinie posted on here. Went into the same shop the other day and traded in 5 games for 90e and the guy was lovely, seems it's all about what staff you get really.
    Ya I'd say its all about what staff you get,guy who served me was sound

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

That's surprising enough actually. Usually they're nice enough in there and had no problem trading in 5 games and the buying stuff a few days later in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shockinsocky

im goin to gamestop in clonmel on saturday to geta new hardrive for the old xbox.here s hoping i guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I got the new printout and the date is now 31st march so bioshock Gears 4 and god of war all out before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

sweetie wrote: »
    I got the new printout and the date is now 31st march so bioshock Gears 4 and god of war all out before then.

is there many games taken off the new list?

None that I noticed yet. This is the 9.99 list the 5 for 90 is active till the 4th and probably longer

They wouldn't let me pre-pay for Bioshock Infinite with the trade in 2 and get game for 10e deal. Told the guy ye said you can do it on the Facebook page but he said "Ah sure that could be anyone on the Facebook page" and wouldn't do it. Protested a bit and he just said "Here lads, you've come in, I've given you the story and thats it". Was pretty angry, Gamestop are awful. Why on earth do they have pictures of games out in March when the deal ends in February? He just told me to come back when the game is out even though the deal will be over. Didn't hear anything about the deal going on to end of March.

gamestop are awful , im amazon all the way but i want that 10 euro deal

the deal is until the 31th of march so all good till for my games and yours

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone know if no manual affects the offer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Just traded in my last 5 games (Can't see myself trading anything else on the list). Now have €265 in credit and a €5 pre-order for Bioshock Infinite.

So, I'm playing the waiting game. The longer I wait, the more likely it is that Gamestop close down and my credit is worthless, but also, the more likely that I can pick up the PS Vita once it gets a price drop... which I really hope is coming :pac:

Or I could be a serious gambler and hold out for PS4 :P
    Soby wrote: »

I don't know tbh man... All my games had manuals, hell GTA, RDR and Skyrim all had the maps... Whoever buys my pre-owned games is essentially getting a new copy!

I bought saints row 3 for a tenner in xtra vision and the disc was worn and no manual but the game worked for me (thought it was crap) and they refused it in GS henry st because of the disk but took it in GS liffey st, no mention of the manual at all. My backup was Cex who are giving 18 euro credit for it btw.

Just traded in my last 5 games (Can't see myself trading anything else on the list). Now have €265 in credit and a €5 pre-order for Bioshock Infinite.

So, I'm playing the waiting game. The longer I wait, the more likely it is that Gamestop close down and my credit is worthless, but also, the more likely that I can pick up the PS Vita once it gets a price drop... which I really hope is coming :pac:

Or I could be a serious gambler and hold out for PS4 :P

I don't know tbh man... All my games had manuals, hell GTA, RDR and Skyrim all had the maps... Whoever buys my pre-owned games is essentially getting a new copy!
    Same as,have 270 credit and also playing the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Went in with Skyrim (360), Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) and God Of War 3 (PS3) all of which are on the online list, and was told only Skyrim could be accepted. This was in Bray, so I'm going to give Dun Laoghaire a go as I reckon it depends on the shop.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Went in with Skyrim (360), Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) and God Of War 3 (PS3) all of which are on the online list, and was told only Skyrim could be accepted. This was in Bray, so I'm going to give Dun Laoghaire a go as I reckon it depends on the shop.
    It does I'd say,God of War 3 was accepted where I brought mine,they had their own print out of the list though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Wrote to them on Facebook , not travelling all the way into town to be refused some of the games, joke having different lists all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Wrote to them on Facebook , not travelling all the way into town to be refused some of the games, joke having different lists all over the place

The inconsistency is f*cking bull****! For the record Gamestop Parkway accepted everything I threw at them - 15 games of varying age!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Used mario and sonic at winter olympics on wii, 2 grand theft autos, xmen and batman arkham asylum in stephens green with no problems

For the credit deal? I traded in Gran Turismo 2 days ago with that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

For the credit deal? I traded in Gran Turismo 2 days ago with that deal.

Yeah for the credit deal.

The guy had a list in hand that he checked against, so it must be dependant on how many copies each store has of each game.

• Advertisement

Yeah for the credit deal.

The guy had a list in hand that he checked against, so it must be dependant on how many copies each store has of each game.

In my Gamestop, the list they have on the counter is an incomplete one anyway, perhaps they were looking at that? Or else maybe looking at the "trade in 2 games" offer list?

Was able to do the trade in 2 games deal for Bioshock Infinite today, even though I couldn't do it yesterday. Inconsistency is amazing

Also, thinking of maybe buying 3 games for the deal tomorrow to make up 5. Anyone know the cheapest place to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Here lads can anyone tell me what the cash equivalent for the €90 credit for 5 games

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Here lads can anyone tell me what the cash equivalent for the €90 credit for 5 games

It varies sure. I was offered €28 cash by gamestop for the 5 games I traded in, but got the €90 store credit for them.

Also, thinking of maybe buying 3 games for the deal tomorrow to make up 5. Anyone know the cheapest place to go?

At the moment xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Traded in 5 games for €126 credit today plus a free €15 deposit towards an upcoming game (picked tomb raider)

Thanks op! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Traded in 5 games for €126 credit today plus a free €15 deposit towards an upcoming game (picked tomb raider)

Thanks op! :pac:
    How did you get the free €15 deposit towards tomb raider? What did you say?

Also what 5 games did you trade in to get €130 for them?! :eek: were they games that are out for literally a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Will i still be able to trade in my games on Monday? It says the deal ends the 4th, Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

mcw92 wrote: »
    Will i still be able to trade in my games on Monday? It says the deal ends the 4th, Monday.

Deals usually ends on close of business on end date, so 6pm Monday the deal is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Is the list of games applicable to the "Trade 2 get a new game for €9.99" the same as the one for the "Trade 5 for €90 credit"? or is there even a list for the first offer? :confused::confused:

Advertisement