Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just had a similar issue in liffey street, Dublin. There must be a few lists going as the one I picked my games from was posted here.

They had one list on the counter missing a load of my games, and girl was looking at one on the screen and some of the missing games were being accepted and some weren't. Was going to get 171 instead of 180 so didn't say much but mentioned the list online and she said she knew it'd cause issues. But she gave me the 180 in the end without me realising so can't complain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

I popped into the store on Henry st in Dublin to trade in 3 for €50. They said that I had to pick a game on the day to trade agasinst and couldn't have a gift voucher for the amount.

So, I strolled around the corner to the one on Liffey st. and they gave me a voucher there. Actually got €57 for them which was decent.

The 3 games were Portal 2 and Dead Island on the xbox. And Mario Kart on the 3DS.

Seems it depends on the staff.

Was trying to find the old list to compare it so people could see what was changed but them sneaky buggers changed it :) First post has a different list to the one I had yesterday

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The one thing I have learned about Gamestop is that the procedures followed by one store have absolutely no bearing on other stores, even if they are in the same geographical area. One store will refuse to do something that another store in the same city will do without fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

DOes anyone know if Gamestop credit expires? I've a couple of cards with money on them from about 3 years ago. May go trade a few games in with this offer and check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

DOes anyone know if Gamestop credit expires? I've a couple of cards with money on them from about 3 years ago. May go trade a few games in with this offer and check.

Girl I dealt with today actually took the credit off an old tatty giftcard I had and transferred it onto the new one so its worth asking them. You wont even need to buy anything.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is there a leaflet in-store with a list of games or it? I can bring that to the counter with my games circled then.
    I have about 25 on the list(can spread them between family members if thats too many for one person)

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is there a leaflet in-store with a list of games or it? I can bring that to the counter with my games circled then.
    I have about 25 on the list(can spread them between family members if thats too many for one person)

Ask them if they mind printing one out for you. Like I said, the official one seems different to the ones on the counter

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

Considering these games cost about 50 euro each.they want to trade in 5 games for 90 euro credit? so €250 = €90 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Considering these games cost about 50 euro each.they want to trade in 5 games for 90 euro credit? so €250 = €90 ???

Not many of them games on the list are worth 50, i'd say most aint even worh half that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭CR 7

They might cost that much in Gamestop. I just traded in 7 games for €120 credit. Before I went in, I checked and I can buy all of them for around €10 each on amazon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

RedXIV wrote: »
    Ask them if they mind printing one out for you. Like I said, the official one seems different to the ones on the counter
    Good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CR 7 wrote: »
    They might cost that much in Gamestop. I just traded in 7 games for €120 credit. Before I went in, I checked and I can buy all of them for around €10 each on amazon.

And that's exactly why I posted this.

Trading in Far Cry 3 as part of your 5 games is probably a silly idea. Trading in Marvel Ultimate Alliance however, is great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

But arent most games about 50 euro new,some of the games listed seem fairly new?

But arent most games about 50 euro new,some of the games listed seem fairly new?

Plenty of them are old, GTA IV is over 4 years old at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Dont hold on to your credit for too long folks. You saw what happened with HMV. It wouldnt surprise me if Gamestop were to follow in the footsteps of Game and HMV. I wouldnt see them around for too much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭CR 7

Hogzy wrote: »
    Dont hold on to your credit for too long folks. You saw what happened with HMV. It wouldnt surprise me if Gamestop were to follow in the footsteps of Game and HMV. I wouldnt see them around for too much longer.

Just as long as they stay open til my Bioshock pre-order is ready, I don't mind.:pac:

Actually, I presume I'm right in thinking that a pre-order will be as useless as vouchers if they do close?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

CR 7 wrote: »
    Just as long as they stay open til my Bioshock pre-order is ready, I don't mind.:pac:

Actually, I presume I'm right in thinking that a pre-order will be as useless as vouchers if they do close?

Yup. You'll become an unsecured creditor.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Will they take a platinum version of Racedriver Grid anyone know?

Im one short of the five, any game going cheap in Xtra Vision to buy and trade in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just traded in NCIS, Sniper Elite v2 and Racegrid Driver for 51.68 euros credit in Wexford no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

Just traded in 5 games and got 104 euro credit :D

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

No problems in Blackpool Cork....Traded in Black Ops 1 and GTA4 for 34 euro and got 32 euro for Black Ops 2...not too bad since I paid 40 for the game on launch day.

Bought Toy Story 3 for a tenner now realise its been taken off the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Try a different branch, I went to 3 different branches to get my 10 games traded:-)
    Naas branch used the list from the web
    Tallaght and dunlaoghire used a shop copy of a list

wilser wrote: »
    Try a different branch, I went to 3 different branches to get my 10 games traded:-)
    Naas branch used the list from the web
    Tallaght and dunlaoghire used a shop copy of a list
    It was on the online list but its gone now. Will check instore. At least if it was a game I was bothered playing I could have kept it!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Went in to Gamestop in Cork City today and got the 90 quid on a gift card until I decide what I want. Traded in Skyrim, Battlefield 3, The Orange Box, Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart DS. The Orange box would normally only be worth €3.60 but was worth €18 with the deal. They still do Steam Cards as well but I might pick up some game pre-orders since they're actually quite competitive with PC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭amacca

mdwexford wrote: »
    Will they take a platinum version of Racedriver Grid anyone know?

Im one short of the five, any game going cheap in Xtra Vision to buy and trade in there?

mullingar gamestop wouldn't take this off me...said it wasn't even on the system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Gamestop in swords accepted Race driver grid from me. Although wasn't the platinum version.

Picked up lord of the rings : war of the North in xtra vision for €10 second hand. They also have a 3 for 2 offer on all second hand games.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Think they'd take Mario Kart on DS but it was bought in the US? DS games aren't regional locked so works fine on European DS'es. If it works I've got the 5 games :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Also does anyone have any idea when the "Trade in 2 games, get new release for 10e" deal ends? I asked in store and the guy didn't have a clue. I planned on using it for Bioshock Infinite which is out March 26, but I'm scared the offer will end/list will change :(.

The picture on the offer page has the Bioshock character but still...
    http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

Advertisement