Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options
  • 19-02-2013 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Details on latest Gamestop trade in deal can be found here.

Before last Saturday I traded 1 game in my life, but there is some serious value to be had from trading in games from this list (imo).

5 games gets you €90 in store credit - which could be handy considering Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are all out in the next 5 weeks.

As an example of some of the older games on the list, trading in Arkham Asylum, GTA 4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (?!), Toy Story and Lego Batman would net you €90.

Plenty of other oldies on the list, of if you're a PS+ subscriber, plenty of games you now own digitally, so trade in your old physical copy (LBP2, Crysis 2, RDR, Arkham City, etc.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Details on latest Gamestop trade in deal can be found here.

Before last Saturday I traded 1 game in my life, but there is some serious value to be had from trading in games from this list (imo).

5 games gets you €90 in store credit - which could be handy considering Metal Gear Rising, Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite are all out in the next 5 weeks.

As an example of some of the older games on the list, trading in Arkham Asylum, GTA 4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance (?!), Toy Story and Lego Batman would net you €90.

Plenty of other oldies on the list, of if you're a PS+ subscriber, plenty of games you now own digitally, so trade in your old physical copy (LBP2, Crysis 2, RDR, Arkham City, etc.)

I just checked my console games and i manged to get 4 games out of the list: Mortal kombat, MVC, MW3 and BF3. I dont have fifth game.... I would really love to do this deal and get Bioshock and Starcraft 2 expansion. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Glenn220390

I just checked my console games and i manged to get 4 games out of the list: Mortal kombat, MVC, MW3 and BF3. I dont have fifth game.... I would really love to do this deal and get Bioshock and Starcraft 2 expansion. :(

Maybe buy the cheapest game on the list so you will have 5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

God I am so pissed I traded in sleeping dogs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Maybe buy the cheapest game on the list so you will have 5

Was thinking that. Or just go to local extravision and see what they got in bargain bin! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Was thinking that. Or just go to local extravision and see what they got in bargain bin! :o

Looks like there's a "trade 2 games and get a new release for €9.99" promo going too... maybe look into that (x2)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

Cant believe assassins creed 1+2 are on that list for ps3, I'm sure I have them somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

theavenger wrote: »
    Cant believe assassins creed 1+2 are on that list for ps3, I'm sure I have them somewhere

could be the doublepack.

Wonder can you mix formats, say 3 ps3 & 2 xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Pretty sure that's for the double pack only.

Wonder if this scales up? I've 9 straight away I'd be happy to trade, would definitely pick up another for 180 credit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I have them as well, going to bring them in with me anyways, hope it's not the double pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

I think that they're talking about the double pack with AS1 & 2 together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭theavenger

I think that they're talking about the double pack with AS1 & 2 together.

Ah ok cheers for that, I'll chance them anyway. You never know

RedXIV wrote: »
    Pretty sure that's for the double pack only.

Wonder if this scales up? I've 9 straight away I'd be happy to trade, would definitely pick up another for 180 credit

I've traded in 5 so far, am planning on trading in another 10 (I'm a hoarder). €270 should get me Bioshock Infinite, and hopefully a discounted PS Vita once the price drops.

3 Gamestops in Limerick, so I should be fine if the first one refuses to take any more.

Definitely the Double Pack, no question there I reckon.
    could be the doublepack.

Wonder can you mix formats, say 3 ps3 & 2 xbox 360?

I traded in 4 Xbox and 1 PS3, so yes, no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

I traded in 4 Xbox and 1 PS3, so yes, no problem.

sweet, thanks, will head to the parkway after work. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

I also traded in mixed formats (ps3 and xbox360) with no problem, brought in ten old games this morning for €180 store credit on a giftcard!

sweet, thanks, will head to the parkway after work. :D

Same as myself, might see you in there! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Kilteragh

Brilliant. I have 7 games on that list. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I do love these Gamestop trade in deals. I remember they had one where you got a ridiculous amount towards a pre-order for some very old games. I had 5 of them and I picked up another 5 crappy DS games in Smyths for 40 euro and traded in the lot for a pre-order of a PS3 slim the day before it was released.

That was a good day! :D

I would not hold on to the store credit for long. Use it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Thats actually quite a good point... :(

I realise that following the recent debacles with HMV and Game that this may be your line of thinking but I have to admit, of all the game stores going, GameStop is the one I'd be least worried about. As someone who used to work in the seasonal market for games, GameStop is the go to shop for countless parents who don't know any better.

I'd be surprised if they were indeed in dire financial trouble.

• Advertisement

RedXIV wrote: »
    I realise that following the recent debacles with HMV and Game that this may be your line of thinking but I have to admit, of all the game stores going, GameStop is the one I'd be least worried about. As someone who used to work in the seasonal market for games, GameStop is the go to shop for countless parents who don't know any better.

I'd be surprised if they were indeed in dire financial trouble.

I got stung with HMV vouchers recently... €120 worth to be exact.

I think Gamestop are safer, and my reasoning is similar to yours above, but also the fact that their business model derives money from selling pre-owned games, as opposed to new stock, with much better margins. Still, not going to hang about on the voucher front. 5 weeks tops, i.e., Bioshock Infinite's release date, I'll unload them all, PS Vita price drop or no!

I can't see them failing so this is going towards my PS4 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Just traded in three games of the list and got €63 store credit instead of €50! Not that im complaining.....:)

donmeister wrote: »
    Just traded in three games of the list and got €63 store credit instead of €50! Not that im complaining.....:)

Mind me asking which games? Maybe they're new enough to still be worth something.

I traded in another 5 this evening. Lady behind the counter offered €46 credit or €32 cash. When I asked if they qualified for the 5 for €90 she hit some key and said, Oh ya! :pac:

Last 5 tomorrow.

Do they still do Steam vouchers? I wouldn't mind being able to transfer some of my console games to steam games (in a sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

kendragon wrote: »
    Do they still do Steam vouchers? I wouldn't mind being able to transfer some of my console games to steam games (in a sense).

I was just thinking the same thing. There's nothing that I'd want on Xbox that's coming up as I'd much rather have everything on PC.

Just want to warn people who might be availing of this offer in Limerick of some hassle that I went through.

Tried trading in my five games from the list in the William St. Branch in Limerick and got a load of hassle. They claimed two of the games weren't on their print-off and thought it was very smirk-worthy when I told them that I had seen the games on the online list. They told me that the list was subject to change every day. I ended up leaving the shop fuming. :mad:

Completely different experience in the Parkway, Limerick branch. Girl there knew what she was doing and traded in the games without a bother. Even transferred the credit off an old gift-card I had into a new card with the extra credit. Nice to find someone who knows what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Going to trade some over the weekend (to get ready for Tomb Raider and Castlevania 3DS at the start of March).

Which two games did they not accept?

Just about to go in with 10, let's see how we get on :)

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Going to trade some over the weekend (to get ready for Tomb Raider and Castlevania 3DS at the start of March).

Which two games did they not accept?

It was Sonic Generations 3ds and Rabbids travel in time 3ds but it doesn't matter. It was the store that was wrong. The online list is correct up until march. I posted my grievance on the Gamestop Ireland Facebook page and Gamestop replied saying that the store was using a wrong list or something. Gamestop parkway was a pleasure to deal with and took all the games without issue.

Advertisement