Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Gamestop trade in deal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Did you see the text at the bottom of that screen?

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList
    Applies to purchase of standard edition only. Offer valid until 28/02/13. No trade. No multiples. No dealers. Trade-ins are subject to Manager approval. No cash alternative.
    Trade-ins must be in full working condition to receive full value. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher or sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Didn't actually, thanks! I'll just do the credit deal so. Might go Xtravision/Amazon hoarding to build credit for PS4 :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Did you see the text at the bottom of that screen?

http://www.gamestop.ie/TradeList

luigi masion 2 3ds and lego city stories wii u are out the 28th

does it end on the day the 28th or after ?

EDIT my gamestop in limerick is running till the 31th of march

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

luigi masion 2 3ds and lego city stories wii u are out the 28th

does it end on the day the 28th or after ?

EDIT my gamestop in limerick is running till the 31th of march

The offer will be on in march but the games list may change after 28/02/13 im also told.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Wondering will I be able ro preorder the new tomb raider today in the 2 games plus 9.99 deal?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sweetie wrote: »
    Wondering will I be able ro preorder the new tomb raider today in the 2 games plus 9.99 deal?

No I was told its only valid for games that are out now, not for pre orders.

Has anyone had any trouble going in with 10 games and getting €180 store credit as I have 10 games here that are on the list, no multiples, but dont want them to turn me away by thinking im a trader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,421 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Tinie wrote: »

Has anyone had any trouble going in with 10 games and getting €180 store credit as I have 10 games here that are on the list, no multiples, but dont want them to turn me away by thinking im a trader.
    No I did exactly that. Might be worth ringing ahead if you have a bit of travel ahead of you. I brought 11 games in case 1 wasn't accepted (which happened).

Avoid this by running the list past someone first :)

Tinie wrote: »

ok thanks. might pick up crysis 3 and Dmc so. This 9.99 deal finishes tomorrow but the credit deal goes till the 4th march so I'm hoping they do another go of the 9.99 deal to get Tomb raider as I've 6 games for that and another 6/7 for the credit one.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

i bought in 10 games that were on the list two of them were mortal kombat(same ones) i put 1 in the 1st five games got me 90e then gave the other with the 2nd set of 5 and nothing said 180e 10 games cant go wrong both transactions done 1 after the other

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

I asked them this on their Facebook page and they said you can.

• Advertisement

I literally asked the same thing in store today if the deal was on for Bioshock Infinite/could I pre-pay with the deal and the guy said he didn't know and "probably not". It's really true that each Gamestop operates differently, one branch didn't take my US Mario Kart and the other did.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭shockinsocky

do ye think they will accept mario kart(ds),lego indiana jones(ds),super mario brothers(ds),arkham city(xbox) and wii party(wii):confused:.there all on the list so i should get the credit...but did any of ya get refused,
    thanks in advance:D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

do ye think they will accept mario kart(ds),lego indiana jones(ds),super mario brothers(ds),arkham city(xbox) and wii party(wii):confused:.there all on the list so i should get the credit...but did any of ya get refused,

lego indiana jones 2 not the 1st one i traded mario kart, super mario and batman meself today with no problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I brought 15 in today including 3 you mentioned above(mario kart,new super mario bros and wii party),the guy working there was dead sound too.

ah right,my mind is at piece now hahaha.thanks a lot:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

ah right,my mind is at piece now hahaha.thanks a lot:)
    Actually the super maro brothers I brought in was on wii not ds,my mistake

i might bring one extra ...just to be sure

i was jsut one there facebook and i looked at all the comment i didnt find yours

i was jsut one there facebook and i looked at all the comment i didnt find yours

Scrolled through them there, found it at 13th of February. Gonna quote them on this tomorrow when I try to do the deal for Bioshock!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PhilieQuinn

I posted it a couple of weeks ago. Keep scrolling down and you should find it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

they are giving a free mousemat when you order sim city which is out saturday week. i hopped on the deal

Hayezer wrote: »
    Scrolled through them there, found it at 13th of February. Gonna quote them on this tomorrow when I try to do the deal for Bioshock!

thanks i doing this for lego city undercover wii u and luigi mansion 2 dark moon

:mad::mad::mad::mad: thoose liars in gamestop knew i was right and they just want more money from me

i took a pic of that message im going in there tomorrow with my 4 games 20 euro and my picture

thanks i doing this for lego city undercover wii u and luigi mansion 2 dark moon

:mad::mad::mad::mad: thoose liars in gamestop knew i was right and they just want more money from me

i took a pic of that message im going in there tomorrow with my 4 games 20 euro and my picture

One thing to bare in mind, he asked about 2 certain games, and they said you can preorder these games, so it MIGHT be only valid for those 2 games. See what they say anyway.

not seeing that question on the Gamestop Ireland facebook page myself? any chance of the pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I got €120 this morning for AC Revelations, Batman Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, Crysis 2, GTAIV & Expansion Pack and DiRT 2.

Thanks for posting this OP!

so went into Gamestop Henry st at lunch with Tiger woods 13, saints row 3, batman arkham city (3 for 30 in xtravision) Demon souls and mass effect 3. They wouldnt accept demon souls as its the US version or SR3 (laser burn) and then I had to preorder tomb raider and come back with batman and mass effect on tuesday. Went onto Liffey st and they took saints row 3 and tiger and gave me a credit note to bring back in for Bioshock and then I can pay the 9.99. Tempted to go back next weekand do the same for the new God of War and Gears of war. The 9.99 deal has been extended til 31/3 by the way.

not seeing that question on the Gamestop Ireland facebook page myself? any chance of the pic?

yep here

C6Nyzi6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

What's the €10 euro deal guys? Sorry for being thick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Just picked up GoldenEye 007 and Portal 2 on PS2 and Rayman on 3DS for 35 in xrta-vision to trade in along with two of my own for the 5 for 90. Going to do it tomorrow, hope they accept the 5 :)

• Advertisement

They wouldn't let me pre-pay for Bioshock Infinite with the trade in 2 and get game for 10e deal. Told the guy ye said you can do it on the Facebook page but he said "Ah sure that could be anyone on the Facebook page" and wouldn't do it. Protested a bit and he just said "Here lads, you've come in, I've given you the story and thats it". Was pretty angry, Gamestop are awful. Why on earth do they have pictures of games out in March when the deal ends in February? He just told me to come back when the game is out even though the deal will be over. Didn't hear anything about the deal going on to end of March.

Advertisement