Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    You'll find it in /boot as far as I remember but you'll need to replace it with another .mvi file or I think you"ll just get stuck at boot.

Yeah I found a software online that handles all that but have since taken a backup and moved on to a new image as the vfd isn't working in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Yeah I found a software online that handles all that but have since taken a backup and moved on to a new image as the vfd isn't working in this.

Yeah i haven't seen a fix for hyperion yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

this may help those with audio issues on PKT Hyperion images. Its a replacement for the audio file.
    It fixes the issue of delay in audio when flicking between channels (if using spdif setting and amp)
    Also , less of a volume difference in volume when flicking between channels also
    As always, make a backup first, and take a copy of your original file.
    unzip and ftp it to /boot

(credit to Spectrum on another forum and mui4lier folks who created in first place. I just dug it out)

Here is the link to my latest image http://bit.ly/1nxo0aY

It's a new from scratch updated version of the image I prepared before with the latest OpenPli but it also includes an update script (credit to martinxp). To update the image telnet in and run "./Update_E2.sh"

You will need a 256MB swapfile enabled and mounted in the hddmountmanager plugin
    As I'm based in Ireland this image is setup to suit satellite on 28e and Irish Terrestrial

What I have confirmed as installed and working:
    Working for Irish terrestrial on T+ tuner (works set to Italy, do a full scan if you're not on Cairns Hill)
    Working VFD on latest boxes (no red recording icon on latest VFD though)
    Oscam (edit your details to the oscam.server file and restart oscam in Alternative SoftCam Manager plugin)
    Autobouquets (set to London HD, older version not from repo that adds correct channel numbers in bouquets, 401 SS1 etc)
    Rats picon updater (original is not working with this image, I've script modified to suit the location in this image)
    Picons (Rats picons for satellite and ones for Irish terrestrial)
    Hddmountmanager (external is mounted in /hdd, enable swapfile on first boot)
    CrossEPG (daily 7AM)
    CoolTVGuide (opens on EPG)
    Autotimers
    Samba server
    Webinterface
    Virtual Zap (set to exit button)
    Cache flush (set to 15mins)

Not included:
    1Channel, TSMedia, RTE player etc (I don't usually add them as they do not stay working for long before needing updates)

Notes:
    A/V is set to 1080p 60hz
    Audio is set to AC3 downmix
    Streaming and recording two $ channels working
    Be sure to create a 256MB swapfile in hddmount manager plugin on first boot (You'll get a green screen on cold boot, but the box boots fine after it restarts)
    FTP User: root, pass: blank (to set a pass telnet in and run "passwd root" and it will ask for a pass)
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam

To update the image telnet in and run "./Update_E2.sh"

Credit goes to martinxp on the linuxsat-support forum, if you make this image better please share

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You will need a 256MB swapfile enabled and mounted in the hddmountmanager plugin

Good work .

I'm curious as to why the swap file is so big ,seems massive .
    I wish these receivers had more memory ,a swap file isnt ideal.

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    Good work .

I'm curious as to why the swap file is so big ,seems massive .
    I wish these receivers had more memory ,a swap file isnt ideal.

You could probably get away with much less but having a 500GB drive attached I just went with 256MB

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newbiee01

givecredit wrote: »
    Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets Oct 2013 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.6.2
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various selection of Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE WEB Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview and Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 6.2
    Virtual Zap.

Instruction for Amiko Alien 2, GoldenMedia and other ST7162 Based Boxes with new software.

1. Press RED button, select crossepgdownloader to upload tv guide for 1st use.

2. RED button also has RTE web player if connected to internet.

3. Press MENU for Internet Movie player under tsmedia if connected to internet.

4. Press P up or down for channel change.

5. Press EPG for tv guide. Navigate to desired channel and press OK button.

6. In EPG you can change bouquets (Entertainment, movies, music etc) by pressing Page+ Page- buttons.

7. In EPG you can also set a one off recording by pressing GREEN button. (timer)

8. In EPG you can also set a recording to record a whole tv series by pressing BLUE button. (Autotimer)

9. In EPG you can also change the look of EPG by pressing YELLOW button.

10. In EPG you can change bouquets by pressing RED button.

11. Press RECORD to start recording straight away. See options when you press record. First option is most common used.

12. To stop recording press RECORD again.

13. To navigate in EPG press up/down/left/right/buttons. Press OK to select program.

14. Press INFO to see information on what’s on tv now and next. Press INFO again to see more info. Press INFO 3rd time to get option for single epg. Yellow button. This shows your TV guide for current channel for 7 days. You can also set a recording (timer) here.

15. Press RECALL to go to previous channel.

16. Press FOLDER to see all your recordings. You can also press PLAY button to see recordings.

17. Press PLAY to play recording.

18. Press OK to see what’s on now and next on channels. Press PAGE+ PAGE- to change bouquets.

19. TV/RADIO changes from TV to Radio.

20. Press RED button and select youtube to view youtube videos.(Connect to internet needed)

21. Press FAV to bring up bouquet list. You can then navigate to desired bouquet.

22. Some channels will be blank. EG Sony TV, Sony movies, LFC TV, Motors TV, London Live and 4 MUSIC. An active viewing Free to View card or Active EX subscription card is required. Put card in top slot upside down.

23. Can be set to full channel list incl encrypted in Autobouquets. Change scan FTA only to = No.

Hi I am new to all of this so sorry if this sound stupid. I had an Enigma2 image on my AA2 box. I tried to change to this image by doing an Enigme2 upgeade from Spark. However when I try to boot in Enigma2 now it stays stuck on Boot and nothing appears on the screen. I have FTP into the box and I cant see any Enigma2 folder under etc\. Anybody have any idea on how to this?

newbiee01 wrote: »
    Hi I am new to all of this so sorry if this sound stupid. I had an Enigma2 image on my AA2 box. I tried to change to this image by doing an Enigme2 upgeade from Spark. However when I try to boot in Enigma2 now it stays stuck on Boot and nothing appears on the screen. I have FTP into the box and I cant see any Enigma2 folder under etc\. Anybody have any idea on how to this?

Boot to Spark and flash again

Boot to Spark and flash again

Does it matter what the folder structure is? Does the "backup_of_e2" folder need to be at the root of my usb?

Does it matter what the folder structure is? Does the "backup_of_e2" folder need to be at the root of my usb?

Yes and if you rename it you need to preserve the linux file name ie no spaces

• Advertisement

Yes and if you rename it you need to preserve the linux file name ie no spaces

Cheers, got it working now by changing the folder structure. Thanks.
    One other thing, when flashing to a new image do you need to update the plugins to suit the new image? Or are they stored within the backup?

Cheers, got it working now by changing the folder structure. Thanks.
    One other thing, when flashing to a new image do you need to update the plugins to suit the new image? Or are they stored within the backup?

Most of the images posted here have the latest or the ones that work best

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭SteJay

championc wrote: »
    Hi all

Here's a link to my Champions Dec 2013 AR-P based Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following plugins:-
    AutoTimer, AutoVolumeAdjustment, AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs), CacheFlush, CrossEPG, CoolTVGuide v6.4.0, 1channel, IPTV Updater v1.1, Various Skins, all Picons, Rats Picons, OSCam (blank with sample line), SDA1 mounted as HDD, TSMedia v3.3, PermanentTimeShift, OpenWebIf and Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel. Sorry but I just could not get SambaServer to work :( You can obviously install any other plugins you choose. Just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins.

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password Blank
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip:50080 - change it in Plugins > OpenWebIf

Here's the link but Download the FOLDER, not the files
    https://app.box.com/s/c7495z9bg2px5x32hxxe
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m2dszrskdyh4pah/AiGshUnOZa

Included in the download folder is plugin_e2upgrade.s This is a SPARK file and if FTP'd to /root/plugin/var/bin/ when in Spark, it will allow you to take Backups of E2 images too rather than just allowing for Upgrading / Overwriting of the current E2 Image. I believe the Spark default Username and Password is root / root

Please use the main thread for asking any questions or seeking assistance.

Don't forget to click the Thanks button below

Great image.flashed without any problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

There's fresher images mate!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davedew

same old sh1te, uploaded the openpli image to box got everything i want thanks but when i go on network i get a green screen and i cant connect a ftp program,any ideas? the internet works fine on box but i cant edit any configs thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

hallo dare wrote: »
    There's fresher images mate!!!

link please :)

chris1970 wrote: »

Cant, cos on phone, but simply just look a page or 2 back there's an image from "give credit"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

there are plenty around but champs in the only one that supports ntfs format harddrives . which although slower will put some people off using them

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

would anyone have CrossEPG 0.6.2 ipk link please, messed it up, cheers

would anyone have CrossEPG 0.6.2 ipk link please, messed it up, cheers

If your using any of the pkt hyperion images its in the downloads section. If not it's here
    https://code.google.com/p/crossepg/downloads/detail?name=enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg_0.6.2-svn-259_sh4.ipk

• Advertisement

Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.6.2
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550 (with blank sample readers)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview Picons
    Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel
    TSMedia 6.5
    Virtual Zap

Vfd fix applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

Download link: http://goo.gl/eLaUN1

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

Need help

new to all this

Just got an Alien 2 with Enigma

Im trying to add a plugin pack but every time I plug in the usb I get this message

" no displayable files on this medium found"

3206jake wrote: »
    Need help

new to all this

Im trying to add a plugin pack but every time I plug in the usb I get this message

Are you on the spark or enigma side?

Need help

new to all this

if its on spark you need to have it in a folder called plugin on your usb and

it will pop up asking you do you want to upgrade your plugins

select yes

hallo dare wrote: »
    Are you on the spark or enigma side?

when I go to Information this is what i have

Hardware: spark7162
    Image: undefined
    Kernel version: 2.6.32_stm24_0213
    Enigma: 2014-03-02

Nowso wrote: »
    if its on spark you need to have it in a folder called plugin on your usb and

it will pop up asking you do you want to upgrade your plugins

select yes

you can boot into spark or enigma 2

when u hot menu is there a spark icon on the top right of a blue box if not your in enigma2

Nowso wrote: »
    you can boot into spark or enigma 2

when u hot menu is there a spark icon on the top right of a blue box if not your in enigma2

I was in enigma but couldnt get any plugin's but had channels,

Just done a factory reset,its all different now,lost all my channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I was in enigma but couldnt get any plugin's but had channels,

Just done a factory reset,its all different now,lost all my channels

Download the image in post 202 of this thread. Put image on a usb memory stick and follow my instructions below:

1. Unplug USB Stick/hard drive if any from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup. Green screen will appear. Picture of lady and caption GM Spark series. Wait until you see message "No Service"
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu until you see "No Service" again.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    Download the image in post 202 of this thread. Put image on a usb memory stick and follow my instructions below:

1. Unplug USB Stick/hard drive if any from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup. Green screen will appear. Picture of lady and caption GM Spark series. Wait until you see message "No Service"
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu until you see "No Service" again.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.

Cheers For the help!

I done this,

But no pic of a lady came up,I'm on spark now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement