Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

givecredit wrote: »
    Try by installing Fresh Pots image again, except this time FTP the xml attached to etc/tuxbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt3yc5yyjyp38q0/terrestrial.xml

Does that fix the auto scan problem or does it just contain the greystones frequencies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scoobydoo 2

Will do cheers lads
    will give it a go in the morning before the kids get up and start to watch tv
    Thanks again
    Jd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Does that fix the auto scan problem or does it just contain the greystones frequencies?

If you do a manual scan and "select complete" scan, it should tune in saorview anywhere in ROI.

Before doing this, If using Fresh Pots recent backup, you should configure DTT tuner, (First tuner) to Terrestrial Europe. Its configured to Scandinivia in backup.

@Fresh Pots. Using Virtual Zap how do I map an info bar skin to the right/left actions, as in your sky skin in your back up? I cannot get a skin other than sky one to do this. Am I doing something wrong? Or is this a limitation of skins i am using?

Thanks again to all
    before reinstalling fresh potts image
    Thought I would just load the xml file from Give credit into the existing polish pkt hyperion 4
    went to tuner and scanned for terrestrial but it found no channels with the tuner set for europe
    Changed it to Italy and it worked fine all the Saorview are back
    downloaded the Dreambox edit software and I was able to delete all the existing services and bouquets
    Now scanning the astra 28.2E and will sort them in Dreambox edit :-)

The hyperion 4 image that im using does not appear to have the VFD display fix as the display just says "boot" can this fix be applied later
    If not I will install fresh potts image which has the fix already applied load the xml and see if it scans without the green screen
    On the face of it it seems to be a good stable image
    cheers everyone
    Jd

The hyperion 4 image that im using does not appear to have the VFD display fix as the display just says "boot" can this fix be applied later
    If not I will install fresh potts image which has the fix already applied load the xml and see if it scans without the green screen
    On the face of it it seems to be a good stable image
    cheers everyone
    Jd
    Just go into Plugins and press the green button, navigate to other and it's the last one in that category.

• Advertisement

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Just go into Plugins and press the green button, navigate to other and it's the last one in that category.
    Cheers
    I have downloaded that and installed itself
    great
    Thanks for your help fresh potts :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi sorry if these questions have already been asked but does anyone know how to overclock the cpu in the open pli image as the terrestrial channel changing is quite slow also the green screen at first startup is annoying and finially has anyone found a way to get the downloading of plugins working please thankyou in advance .

has anyone found a way to get the downloading of plugins working please .

The plugins in hyperion 4 seem to be working fine I just downloaded the display fix for The amiko alien 2 fresh potts posted how to download there just 1 or 2 posts back

also did not notice any green screen on boot yet

Have you set up your network settings I assume you have a network cable to your box or are on wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭satelliteman20

Hi thanks for your reply scooby I have hyperion 3 running at the moment at it works fine but I did try the latest open pli image and it green screens on startup the plugins section doesnt work and i wondered whether there was an overclocking tool for the cpu available thanks

Hi thanks for your reply scooby I have hyperion 3 running at the moment at it works fine but I did try the latest open pli image and it green screens on startup the plugins section doesnt work and i wondered whether there was an overclocking tool for the cpu available thanks

In hyperion 4 there is an overclocking tool
    I had tried a backup of someone's system and my box did not like it green screened any time i tried to scan saorview
    but with some help from the guys on here seems to be working fine now on a polish download of hyperion 4
    image size was 55 mb compared to 119 mb from freshpotts image so he probably alredy had all the plugins and things installed
    been using and editing ( dreambox edit ) mine now for a good few hours and not 1 green screen :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Hi sorry if these questions have already been asked but does anyone know how to overclock the cpu in the open pli image as the terrestrial channel changing is quite slow also the green screen at first startup is annoying and finially has anyone found a way to get the downloading of plugins working please thankyou in advance .

You'd be better off asking in the main Alien 2 thread instead of taking this one way off topic .
    This thread is meant for posting firmware ,plugins,backups and software,it is not a discussion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

hiya lots of different images buzzing about on this forum which is the best stable enigma image for the Amiko alien 2 and amiko 8900?

thanks in advance

Franco__ wrote: »
    hiya lots of different images buzzing about on this forum which is the best stable enigma image for the Amiko alien 2 and amiko 8900?

thanks in advance

How long is a piece of string! I'd say try out either my hyperion v4 image or open pli or champs ARP image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Franco__ wrote: »

thanks in advance

None of them will work on the 8900, Alien 2 only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Below is a link to my new Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets Oct 2013 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels. Free to view require active card in top slot. Insert upside down)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.6.2
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various selection of Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE WEB Player
    Samba Server
    NEW HD bootlogo
    Soarview and Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 6.5
    Virtual Zap (MODIFIED VERSION).

Instruction for Amiko Alien 2, GoldenMedia and other ST7162 Based Boxes with new software.

1. Press RED button, select crossepgdownloader to upload tv guide for 1st use.

2. RED button also has RTE web player if connected to internet.

3. Press MENU for Internet Movie player under tsmedia if connected to internet.

4. Press P up or down for channel change.

5. Press EPG for tv guide. Navigate to desired genre and navigate to desired channel and press OK button.

6. In EPG you can change bouquets (Entertainment, movies, music etc) by pressing Page+ Page- buttons.

7. In EPG you can also set a one off recording by pressing GREEN button. (timer)

8. In EPG you can also set a recording to record a whole tv series by pressing BLUE button. (Autotimer)

9. In EPG you can jump forward to 8pm in EPG by pressing YELLOW button. Pressing yellow again jumps forward to 8pm the following day. Repeat pressing of yellow jumps forward a day on TV guide.

10. In EPG you can change bouquets by pressing RED button.

11. Press RECORD to start recording straight away. See options when you press record. First option is most common used.

12. To stop recording press RECORD again.

13. To navigate in EPG press up/down/left/right/buttons. Press OK to select program.

14. Press INFO to see information on what’s on tv now and next. Press INFO again to see more info. Press INFO 3rd time to get option for single epg. Yellow button. This shows your TV guide for current channel for 7 days. You can also set a recording (timer) here.

15. Press RECALL to go to previous channel.

16. Press FOLDER to see all your recordings. You can also press PLAY button to see recordings.

17. Press PLAY to play recording.

18. Press OK to see what’s on now and next on channels. Press PAGE+ PAGE- to change bouquets.

19. TV/RADIO changes from TV to Radio.

20 Press FAV to bring up bouquet list. You can then navigate to desired bouquet.

21. Press Left/right arrow < > to see now and next on next channel. Keep pressing left/right < >to see info on more channels and press OK to switch to desired channel.

22. Some channels will be blank. EG Sony TV, Sony movies, LFC TV, Motors TV, London Live and 4 MUSIC. An active viewing Free to View card or Active EX subscription card is required. Put card in top slot upside down.

23. Can be set to full channel list incl encrypted in Autobouquets. Change scan FTA only to = No.

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.

bootlogo_zps4045456d.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii79zf8xt2m5nym/back_of_e2.zip

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

None of them will work on the 8900, Alien 2 only

Here you go mate, the Champs Image for the 8900 - http://goo.gl/up5tIu

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Franco__

cheers folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Tried both Givecredit and Freshpots images in the last week or so. Both crashy (screen freeze requiring a restart) on RTE Saorview channels. Reverted to Zardoz HDMU and its more stable for me. Any ideas? Running 28, 19 and Saorview. Ethernet connection, 128gb usb solid state drive, otherwise nothing special. Any ideas?

TJJP wrote: »
    Tried both Givecredit and Freshpots images in the last week or so. Both crashy (screen freeze requiring a restart) on RTE Saorview channels. Reverted to Zardoz HDMU and its more stable for me. Any ideas? Running 28, 19 and Saorview. Ethernet connection, 128gb usb solid state drive, otherwise nothing special. Any ideas?

Could be a low signal on the Saorview channels ,the signal levels on Hyperion 4 are alot lower than HDMU .
    You need an snr of >60% for stability on Saorview on Hyperion 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Thanks Zardoz, I'm suspicious that's what it is. Haven't had problems with images before but mostly using HDMU versions. I'll try again during the week and report back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

on crossepg o.6.2 using spark but simular plugin

on information tv im getting listings for B.E.T tv

can this be changed

I'm uploading a couple of useful modifications for anyone using Hyperion 3 or 4.
    The first one is an enhanced keymapper which has extra functionality and allows one to map extra buttons.Its the same as the official inbuilt PKT keymapper but with added code.
    Credit to Data Devil

The second file is a better tuxtext.ttf file for English speaking users,the teletext font is alot more rounded,larger and easier on the eye , unlike the inbuilt teletext .
    It goes in the usr/local/share/fonts directory

I am currently testing an improved audio mod that will hopefully made the audio output louder and more uniform between mpeg and ac3.

Here's a nice audio fix I came across that increases the audio output of the Alien 2/Triplex in E2.

It uses the alsamixer function to boost the output audio by whatever percentage you wish .

The files contain a modified rcS file (/etc/init.d ) and the amixer file (/usr/bin)

Just ftp the following two folders into your receiver and change the attributes to 755

You can edit the rcS file (Run Control Script) with your own audio boost levels if you wish
    The modified rcS file has 3 lines of additional code

/usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set Analog playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set SPDIF playback '60%' unmute &
    /usr/bin/amixer -c 1 set HDMI playback '60%' unmute &

The files are for Hyperion but you can edit the rcS file in other images too ,just add the extra 3 lines manually.

With this fix the audio levels are much louder in general and more comparable to Spark and other receivers.
    You will no longer have to increase the volume levels on your tv to high levels and the fix doesn't distort the audio.
    I have increased the audio levels by 60% as I tried a number of different settings and this seemed the best .

Coupled with the automatic volume adjustment plugin the audio levels on the receiver are pretty constant now.
    I set the mpeg audio level at 60% on my remote and adjust ac3 channels for +40 in the automatic volume adjustment plugin .
    Hope this helps people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

I had Enigma2 running on my SAB box, but after it started to crash frequently with a green screen (two or three times a day) I tried to reinstall it.

It now boots and I get sound, but no picture (multi-coloured snow). It's an old TV with no HDMI. I've tried SCART and composite video and neither works.

Doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, because if I switch back to Spark, the picture and sound are perfect.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I'm finding Spark very primitive by comparison!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

gizmo555 wrote: »
    I had Enigma2 running on my SAB box, but after it started to crash frequently with a green screen (two or three times a day) I tried to reinstall it.

It now boots and I get sound, but no picture (multi-coloured snow). It's an old TV with no HDMI. I've tried SCART and composite video and neither works.

Doesn't appear to be a hardware problem, because if I switch back to Spark, the picture and sound are perfect.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated, I'm finding Spark very primitive by comparison!

Are you able to try it on another tv? Or try reflashing again.

hallo dare wrote: »
    Are you able to try it on another tv? Or try reflashing again.

Have tried reflashing several times, with both Enigma2 and just for pig iron, with givecredit's image linked to above.

I could try another TV, I guess, but since it was working with Enigma2 and it is still working now with Spark, I think it has to be a configuration issue and not a hardware issue. Anyway, I need it to work with this TV. (Don't want to buy a new one just now!)

I wonder, for example, are there any video output related settings I could access by telnetting on to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Have tried reflashing several times, with both Enigma2 and just for pig iron, with givecredit's image linked to above.

I could try another TV, I guess, but since it was working with Enigma2 and it is still working now with Spark, I think it has to be a configuration issue and not a hardware issue. Anyway, I need it to work with this TV. (Don't want to buy a new one just now!)

I wonder, for example, are there any video output related settings I could access by telnetting on to it?

You may need to find a hdmi tv for the initial setup or if someone is able to tell you what directions to take but you'll be doing it blind as I'm pretty sure the lads backup images come with hd 720 as the default output. You need scart, that's why you're seeing nothing I'd say. I'm not at mine at the moment so i can tell you what buttons to press. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭championc

Try the following

Menu > Up > Up > OK > OK > OK > Left > Green Button

That should change from HDMI to Scart

hallo dare wrote: »
    You may need to find a hdmi tv for the initial setup or if someone is able to tell you what directions to take but you'll be doing it blind as I'm pretty sure the lads backup images come with hd 720 as the default output. You need scart, that's why you're seeing nothing I'd say. I'm not at mine at the moment so i can tell you what buttons to press. Sorry.
    championc wrote: »
    Try the following

Menu > Up > Up > OK > OK > OK > Left > Green Button

That should change from HDMI to Scart

Found a TV with both HDMI & SCART and figured it out using your suggestions - thanks!

• Advertisement

Would it be a good idea to start a new firmware thread while we're at it. All the latest ones included in the first few posts?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement