Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

There was an issue several months/images back where crossepg only saw the HDD sometimes. The solution was to edit the crossepg.config file found in var/crosspeg folder.
    Change the HDD line to
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg
    then make the file read only. Cumbersome but worth a shot at this stage. Otherwise consider another image.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

There was an issue several months/images back where crossepg only saw the HDD sometimes. The solution was to edit the crossepg.config file found in var/crosspeg folder.
    Change the HDD line to
    db_root=/media/hdd/crossepg
    then make the file read only. Cumbersome but worth a shot at this stage. Otherwise consider another image.
    Had checked that too & all was as you listed, I searched through my junk box & found an old 4gig kingston stick & the box loves it, crossEPG too :D thanks for all the suggestions folks

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

hallo dare wrote: »
    Anyone get the record one watch a different channel working on thetechguysimage? I cannot get it to work like other images.

Ya this is the only issue with this image, pity it's near perfect except for this. I have another copy of V3 i found on another site that says it will record
    & watch another pay channel at same time, I'm going to try tomoro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Ya this is the only issue with this image, pity it's near perfect except for this. I have another copy of V3 i found on another site that says it will record
    & watch another pay channel at same time, I'm going to try tomoro.

I've sorted it, sorry i thought i posted the solution.

Hold blue until the screen comes up, then there's something like ca1 to ca0 (something like that) just have it that the line reads with disabled in it. Then it works perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

I've sorted it, sorry i thought i posted the solution.

Hold blue until the screen comes up, then there's something like ca1 to ca0 (something like that) just have it that the line reads with disabled in it. Then it works perfectly.

Thanks, I'll try tech guy's version again with this, I read something about this before but interpreted it as something that couldn't be fixed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Slevster

rte player which works on hyperion V3.

Unzip and FTP to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Slevster wrote: »
    rte player which works on hyperion V3.

Unzip and FTP to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

Hi there,

Do all plugins go in the folder above?

I have a sportmax plugin that I want to add manually.

TheChevron wrote: »
    Hi there,

Do all plugins go in the folder above?

I have a sportmax plugin that I want to add manually.

Others with more knowledge might reply with better information, but as far as I know, it depends on the plugin. Some plugins require components place in the etc folder and others. All depends. If you breakdown the plugin, you may see what directories it is intended for.
    But as I said other folk will maybe point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 3 suarez07

RTE Player works perfect.Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Went back and started from scratch and found out why rte player had stopped working. It was down to a file used in the newer version of tsmedia. I set back up my image with the tsmedia 4.4 and all works fine.

Only other changes in this image are an updated version of the sky skin and a sky spinner.

Here's a link
    http://goo.gl/sHTK05

• Advertisement

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Went back and started from scratch and found out why rte player had stopped working. It was down to a file used in the newer version of tsmedia. I set back up my image with the tsmedia 4.4 and all works fine.

Only other changes in this image are an updated version of the sky skin and a sky spinner.

Here's a link

Absolute quality mate. Extremely clean image. One thing, when i try to access the box via pc by entering my ip followed by :8888 i get a message saying "403 forbidden". Any ideas? Thanks

Absolute quality mate. Extremely clean image. One thing, when i try to access the box via pc by entering my ip followed by :8888 i get a message saying "403 forbidden". Any ideas? Thanks

My fault, the allowed ip range wasn't wide enough, if your handy with filezilla go to /var/keys and edit oscam.conf. Change the allowed ip address range to 192.168.0.0-192.168.255.255. Otherwise redownload the image as I've updated it now.

Yeah , itried those ip changes but still no joy, i'll download your updated image later and try that instead.

Did you have a look at the movie channels? Volume is really loud and cannot be turned down. Every other channel is grand for volume except movies. When you get a sec just throw your eye on them and see if it's the same for you.

Thanks

Yeah , itried those ip changes but still no joy, i'll download your updated image later and try that instead.

Did you have a look at the movie channels? Volume is really loud and cannot be turned down. Every other channel is grand for volume except movies. When you get a sec just throw your eye on them and see if it's the same for you.

Thanks
    Working perfect for me. PM me a copy of the text from oscam.conf and I'll see if I spot anything. The sound problem is a new one on me, usually the hd channels aren't as loud. I'll have a look tonight when I get home.

Just installed your updated new image, what's the username and password for 8888. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Just installed your updated new image, what's the username and password for 8888. Thanks

It'll be in the oscam.cfg, it's usually root/oscam but you can change it by editing the file

It'll be in the oscam.cfg, it's usually root/oscam but you can change it by editing the file

Yup, just seen it. Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 21 agentsmiith

Is it possible to install enigma over pc? Since i failed to start enigma upgrade plugin. And if So can someone do it for me over teamviewer? I would be weary greatefull. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Not sure if that is possible, someone else will know,

You should keep trying, everyone on other thread are super helpful and will guide you.
    When you do get it sorted, think of the satisfaction ; )

Is it possible to install enigma over pc? Since i failed to start enigma upgrade plugin. And if So can someone do it for me over teamviewer? I would be weary greatefull. Thank you.

Cannot say if this works as I haven't tried it myself, but the original poster knows his stuff, so it may be what you need:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=88038720&postcount=3750

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Shleeh

championc wrote: »
    Useful bits and pieces of info for Enigma2

The Spark Image on these boxes have limitations and so, a proper Linux Based firmware seems to provide more possibilities and it could be said, has been supported better than Spark.

Some reasons for considering Enigma
    The Spark code is being updated now and again with features being added gradually.

Satellite 7 day EPG
    Recording by programme name
    Recording from both Terrestrial and Sat simultaneously
    FF and Rew working without freezing
    Resume playback from last point watched
    Series Link (sort of - using an Auto Timer plugin) - See below
    Streaming of TV channels to both PC's, laptops, phones
    Program the Timer when out and about with an Android Phone App

And then there's CCCam / C-Line compatibility !!!

Full Setup Guide in Post #2

Some useful website Links
    http://www.hdmedia-universe.com/board/forum.php
    http://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f268-amiko-alien-2-enigma-2/
    http://linuxsat-support.com/amiko-alien-2-images-e2-spark/

CoolTVGuide
    Allows for a combined Terrestrial and Satellite EPG

AutoTimer Plugin
    Allows the box to search the EPG, both Terrestrial and Satellite, for a programme name, within any timespan, and automatically add it to the Timer for recording.

How may I update Firmware if my receiver doesnt have rs232 ? Technosat t786 hd . it uses same chipset as Amiko Alien 2 and can work on E2 ..
    http://www.technosat.com/product-more.php?product_id=7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 its fukt

Shleeh wrote: »
    How may I update Firmware if my receiver doesnt have rs232 ? Technosat t786 hd . it uses same chipset as Amiko Alien 2 and can work on E2 ..
    http://www.technosat.com/product-more.php?product_id=7

You use USB, but none of the files, images and plugins in these Alien 2 threads are of any use to you and I'm not sure where you go as you have a different box

thank you .. my box has ethernet input but when i connect the router there's nothing in the software that enables me to access internet , also nothing in the sotfware about lan sharing .. seems the box was made for differrent country .. I' believe if i caninstall the right software this means i can have internet , sharing and other features working .. the box im using has the sti7111 process and its the same processor and conax cam , which is the same process and cam on the below boxes :
    Edision Argus Pingulux HD , FULAN Linux-ST7111, EDISION ARGUS PINGULUX, GoldenMedia 990 CR HD PVR SPARK X,DynavisonSpark
    HD GI S8120E, SAB Unix F+ Solo .

I hope you or anyone can help in this ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 its fukt

thank you .. my box has ethernet input but when i connect the router there's nothing in the software that enables me to access internet , also nothing in the sotfware about lan sharing .. seems the box was made for differrent country .. I' believe if i caninstall the right software this means i can have internet , sharing and other features working .. the box im using has the sti7111 process and its the same processor and conax cam , which is the same process and cam on the below boxes :
    Edision Argus Pingulux HD , FULAN Linux-ST7111, EDISION ARGUS PINGULUX, GoldenMedia 990 CR HD PVR SPARK X,DynavisonSpark

You are mistaken, the Alien 2 has the Sti7162 chipset, not the Sti7111. The sti7111 is in older boxes like the single tuner Alien 1. This thread is for firmware for the Sti7162 Alien 2, a different box

Try asking on http://linuxsat-support.com/, lots of support there for the various boxes you listed above

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I have an Enigma2 image for the STi 7111 chipset made by champion from here , Im not at the machine with the link on it at the moment but will post here later or tomorrow with it.

I have an Enigma2 image for the STi 7111 chipset made by champion from here , Im not at the machine with the link on it at the moment but will post here later or tomorrow with it.

thanks , Im looking forward to receive that link.. and how can I install it on technosat t 786 without rs 232 ?

its fukt wrote: »
    You are mistaken, the Alien 2 has the Sti7162 chipset, not the Sti7111. The sti7111 is in older boxes like the single tuner Alien 1. This thread is for firmware for the Sti7162 Alien 2, a different box

Try asking on http://linuxsat-support.com/, lots of support there for the various boxes you listed above

Hi , thans for the link but the website you provided has nothing , the link take me to apache test page and no information is there ..

I hope someone can help me with this ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

thanks , Im looking forward to receive that link.. and how can I install it on technosat t 786 without rs 232 ?

You're on your own mate on that one. This thread is for the Amiko Alien2 and other badged versions of the ST7162 boxes. The ST7111 based boxes have a similar procedure to upgrade them from Spark but I don't know if your box even runs Spark. So if it doesn't, then maybe start a new thread for assistance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

TheTechGuy wrote: »

Here's a link

Thank you very much for your backup image. Working perfectly for me. One thing though. The Terrestrial.xml was out of date or empty. I could not do a "complete" DTT scan until I updated this. Luckily I could FTP from one from another receiver I have.

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your backup image. Working perfectly for me. One thing though. The Terrestrial.xml was out of date or empty. I could not do a "complete" DTT scan until I updated this. Luckily I could FTP from one from another receiver I have.

I'm having the same problem with automatic scan on v4, could you post up a link to the terrestrial.xml file you used?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement