Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

BigCon wrote: »
    Running Fresh Pots V4 image. Everything is working fine except for CrossEPG.

When I select CrossEPG downloader it shows "Starting Downloader, Starting Converter, Loading data" all in the space of a few seconds but it doesn't work.

I am using a kingston usb drive connected to the front USB port as I did in V3 but it doesn't seem to be working.

I also tried downloading to a HDD connected to the rear USB with no sucess either. Any ideas?

One or two seem to be having this problem while others aren't so I'm not sure why it's happening. What you could do I download crossepg 0.6.2 from the plugins menu and see if that works better for you. The advantage of the newer version is its meant to download in the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Will try this now and see what happens...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

When I select CrossEPG downloader it shows "Starting Downloader, Starting Converter, Loading data" all in the space of a few seconds but it doesn't work.

I am using a kingston usb drive connected to the front USB port as I did in V3 but it doesn't seem to be working.

I also tried downloading to a HDD connected to the rear USB with no sucess either. Any ideas?

This issue happened me on V3 also. On V3 deselecting 28.2 and leaving 28.4 ticked and then downloading sorted it for me, another time it was vice versa, and another time it was having both selected.

Try this if you've no luck with anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    One or two seem to be having this problem while others aren't so I'm not sure why it's happening. What you could do I download crossepg 0.6.2 from the plugins menu and see if that works better for you. The advantage of the newer version is its meant to download in the background.
    hallo dare wrote: »
    This issue happened me on V3 also. On V3 deselecting 28.2 and leaving 28.4 ticked and then downloading sorted it for me, another time it was vice versa, and another time it was having both selected.

Try this if you've no luck with anything else.

Ok, I've tried both of these with no luck. Also having issues with activating swapfile.
    I have an 8gb kingston in the front USB port and a 1TB seagate in the rear USB port (both formatted to EXT3).

Couple of questions:
    (1) After loading the new image do I need to mount the drives in the pkt blue screen (how exactly should I do this, I tried automount and it never seems to work, but yet I can see the drives when I select disks).

(2) How do I enable swapfile? I tried using the swapfile on in the pkt blue screen but it says unable to detect sda2 (I also created a swapfile on the hdd using partition manager but that didn't seem to do any good)?

(3) Do I need to change the recording path? It usually just says HDD/Movie, but if I try to change it to drive name it says invalid path?

Thanks for any help...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

quick question

I'm currently getting a green screen loading enigma 2
    [Errno 28} No space left on device:'/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/multiquickbutton/keymap.xml'

I've booted back to spark .. using winscp can I get to the enigma filesystem while in spark to delete an extension ?

thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

celtic_oz wrote: »
    quick question

I'm currently getting a green screen loading enigma 2
    [Errno 28} No space left on device:'/usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions/multiquickbutton/keymap.xml'

I've booted back to spark .. using winscp can I get to the enigma filesystem while in spark to delete an extension ?

thanks!

No, not from spark, from enigma, you need to delete the multiquickbutton folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions, you'll be able to do it using ftp while it's green screening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

No, not from spark, from enigma, you need to delete the multiquickbutton folder from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions, you'll be able to do it using ftp while it's green screening

Perfect thanks!

Is there temp files I should delete somewhere I've only 2% diskspace left !

celtic_oz wrote: »
    Perfect thanks!

Is there temp files I should delete somewhere I've only 2% diskspace left !

Have you an external plugged in? CrossEPG should save to there. If not you'll be in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparkemo

I had this problem also recently.
    Tried several of the new images with the same result so loaded my backup of Championc V3 image which was working fine with crossepg. Then when I transfered a new channel list (from solo2) the same thing happened.
    I then did a manual satellite scan on the Alien 2 receiver and all is working again.
    Haven't had time to try it with the newer images yet.
    Maybe worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

I also had the same issue with crossepg. Just download the older 0.6.2 version and install the .ipk. This version works perfectly for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

HDMU Backup

Here is a backup of a recent HDMU image if anyone wants to give it a go

It is configured for 28e and Saorview ,all picons are installed as is an up to date channel list .
    The following plugins are installed and working well:
    AutoTimer,AutoVolumeAdjustment,AutoBouquets,CacheFlush aka Clearmem,CrossEPG,CoolTVGuide v7.0 (opens on EPG) ,Rats Picons,RTE Player,1channel,IPTV Loader,Virtual Zap,TMDB,TVDB,TS Media 5.9,Oscam status and WebInterface

Oscam is installed and running,you just need to edit the oscam.server file.

Crossepg is configured to update when the box is in standby .

It is running PLi-HD skin but there are a few other Skins to try if you dont like that.
    The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for HDMI at 1080i.
    Saorview is tuned for Mullaghanish

I made a few alterations to the keymap to make it more like Hyperion ,F1 button is teletext btw.

Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam
    FTP: user:root ,pass:HDMU
    Audio is set to AC3 downmix
    Streaming and recording two $ channels working

A swap file is not being used

Its a nice image ,quite fast and stable ,the only issues I have had were the odd tune failed with Saorview when sometimes recording a satellite channel which is an old failing of HDMU.
    The sound on HDMU is louder than the other images ,and the picture is also the closest to Spark I have found .
    The download server is also excellent ,a vast amount of plugins.

Please note that HDMU requires you to label your HDD as RECORD for it to use it correctly so you will need to run the command
    tune2fs -L RECORD /dev/sdxy ,where where sdxy is the partition you wish to rename (usually sda1)
    This will not remove any of you files on the drive so you can keep your existing recordings and use the drive with other images .

http://www.2shared.com/file/cnPEGArN/HDMU_Backup.html

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Zardoz,
    I've a sly mod skin I've been using that i really like on ARP, will this work on HDMU?
    I know it works on Pli but crashes on V4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Zardoz,
    I've a sly mod skin I've been using that i really like on ARP, will this work on HDMU?
    I know it works on Pli but crashes on V4.

Not sure but it should work ,I think the HDMU skins are fairly universal ,its only the PKT (Hyperion) skins that are different for some reason .
    If you put a link to the Skin I can install it and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Zardoz wrote: »
    Not sure but it should work ,I think the HDMU skins are fairly universal ,its only the PKT (Hyperion) skins that are different for some reason .
    If you put a link to the Skin I can install it and let you know.

I tried this skin on the HDMU image myself but kept crashing on reboot. Here's link to skin anyway.

https://app.box.com/s/tl5usyfy6ea9v1qcrll5

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lfcmayo

Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550 (with blank sample readers)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview Picons
    Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel
    TSMedia 5.6
    Virtual Zap.

Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

Im new to this so sorry if this sounds daft ok but ive downloaded that file but to me
    it appears as a .img file not .ipk so when trying to Telnet to the box i get the message
    'not found' Im using DCCe2 trying to do this process, is that correct or should i be using
    Winscp instead?
    Im just unsure of how to do this process correctly.
    Any help greatly appreciated and apologies for my ignorance

lfcmayo wrote: »
    Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550 (with blank sample readers)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview Picons
    Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel
    TSMedia 5.6
    Virtual Zap.

Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

Im new to this so sorry if this sounds daft ok but ive downloaded that file but to me
    it appears as a .img file not .ipk so when trying to Telnet to the box i get the message
    'not found' Im using DCCe2 trying to do this process, is that correct or should i be using
    Winscp instead?

This is a full image, not a plugin. You do not install it through telnet, you boot to spark and install it from there. It will wipe all settings, be prepared. You'd be better ask your questions in the other thread, this one is for download links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

lfcmayo wrote: »

follow instructions on first page of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭aireng

You can also follow the instructions from the Amiko website to install Enigma 2 using a usb http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=153 and click on downloads then the pdf how to_ENG_Upgrade_E2_on_Amiko_Alien_v121220_web.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I've tried to load Fresh Pots image.

It seems to upload correctly but when the box reboots it hangs at the 'Sky HD' splash screen and 'PKT SVN' on the box led display. Any ideas. Amiko Alien 2 twin tuner.

Hi guys, i had the same thing happening when i installed Fresh Pots V4. I see a few people have had the problem but no one has said how the fixed it. Any ideas? I'm running an Amiko Alien 2 Triplex.

FatBeard wrote: »
    Hi guys, i had the same thing happening when i installed Fresh Pots V4. I see a few people have had the problem but no one has said how the fixed it. Any ideas? I'm running an Amiko Alien 2 Triplex.

Had this problem myself when trying to install it on a few boxes. It seems you need a hard drive connected on boot formatted to ext3. That sorted it for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Had this problem myself when trying to install it on a few boxes. It seems you need a hard drive connected on boot formatted to ext3. That sorted it for me.

Ah good stuff, i'll give that a try. Other than that issue, is the image stable?

FatBeard wrote: »
    Ah good stuff, i'll give that a try. Other than that issue, is the image stable?

I've had no problems with it. Seems to handle multiple recordings better than v3. The only issue anyone has mentioned is crossepg. I have 0.8 installed but some people have went back to 0.6.2. as they says it wasn't loading properly.

0.8 loads in the background so I'm not sure if people just didn't realise that and presumed it wasn't loading. If it doesn't work for you its simple enough to go to 0.6.2 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBouquets Oct 2013 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.6.2
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various selection of Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE WEB Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview and Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 6.2
    Virtual Zap.

Instruction for Amiko Alien 2, GoldenMedia and other ST7162 Based Boxes with new software.

1. Press RED button, select crossepgdownloader to upload tv guide for 1st use.

2. RED button also has RTE web player if connected to internet.

3. Press MENU for Internet Movie player under tsmedia if connected to internet.

4. Press P up or down for channel change.

5. Press EPG for tv guide. Navigate to desired channel and press OK button.

6. In EPG you can change bouquets (Entertainment, movies, music etc) by pressing Page+ Page- buttons.

7. In EPG you can also set a one off recording by pressing GREEN button. (timer)

8. In EPG you can also set a recording to record a whole tv series by pressing BLUE button. (Autotimer)

9. In EPG you can also change the look of EPG by pressing YELLOW button.

10. In EPG you can change bouquets by pressing RED button.

11. Press RECORD to start recording straight away. See options when you press record. First option is most common used.

12. To stop recording press RECORD again.

13. To navigate in EPG press up/down/left/right/buttons. Press OK to select program.

14. Press INFO to see information on what’s on tv now and next. Press INFO again to see more info. Press INFO 3rd time to get option for single epg. Yellow button. This shows your TV guide for current channel for 7 days. You can also set a recording (timer) here.

15. Press RECALL to go to previous channel.

16. Press FOLDER to see all your recordings. You can also press PLAY button to see recordings.

17. Press PLAY to play recording.

18. Press OK to see what’s on now and next on channels. Press PAGE+ PAGE- to change bouquets.

19. TV/RADIO changes from TV to Radio.

20. Press RED button and select youtube to view youtube videos.(Connect to internet needed)

21. Press FAV to bring up bouquet list. You can then navigate to desired bouquet.

22. Some channels will be blank. EG Sony TV, Sony movies, LFC TV, Motors TV, London Live and 4 MUSIC. An active viewing Free to View card or Active EX subscription card is required. Put card in top slot upside down.

23. Can be set to full channel list incl encrypted in Autobouquets. Change scan FTA only to = No.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii79zf8xt2m5nym/back_of_e2.zip

Excellent image mate. Well done!!!

Is the new vfd working in this image? I have a spare box here, no buyer yet so might mess about

Is the new vfd working in this image? I have a spare box here, no buyer yet so might mess about

Honestly couldnt tell you. Just threw it on before work this morning and seen all channels were working and it was a nice clean and stable image, didnt pass any attention to the display on the box.

Will look tonight, or maybe someone will know before then.

The vfd is working, shows all im looking for, channel selection when on. In standby it shows the day, time and date.

hallo dare wrote: »
    The vfd is working, shows all im looking for, channel selection when on. In standby it shows the day, time and date.

Do you have the new Vfd?

I'll know in 20 mins, just getting setup to flash it

Lovely image givecredit, but aaaaahhhh, the bootlogo :eek: Most people I know get this box to get away from Sly, where is it located so I can change it? The new Vfd just says boot, I've tried updating actualisations but it stays the same.

I think now I've a spare box and some time over the weekend I'll put an image together with the latest Duckbox

• Advertisement

Lovely image givecredit, but aaaaahhhh, the bootlogo :eek: Most people I know get this box to get away from Sly, where is it located so I can change it?
    You'll find it in /boot as far as I remember but you'll need to replace it with another .mvi file or I think you"ll just get stuck at boot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement