Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Would it be a good idea to start a new firmware thread while we're at it. All the latest ones included in the first few posts?

Exactly. I pm'd championc there, he's plans on starting on it next week.

As the other Thread is now closed I have done a quick scan through it to pull out the Lads images. If I’ve missed one then please let me know. I cannot say if these links still work but I’m sure if you PM the Guys they will provide you with a working link if needs be or someone else may have it to hand on their PC.

This is only a "fill me in job" as I think as of next week ChampionC is starting a new Thread for Enigma2.

Hyperion v4 for Amiko Alien 2 -
    http://goo.gl/eLaUN1 ***UPDATED 14/05/14*** (FRESHPOTS IMAGE)

Hyperion 4 for Amiko Alien 2- https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii79zf8xt2...back_of_e2.zip (GIVE CREDITS IMAGE)

(ChampionC) Image Download Link – Open ARP - http://goo.gl/2DuVm0

(ZardoZ) Image Download Link – HDMU -
    http://www.2shared.com/file/cnPEGArN/HDMU_Backup.html

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭FlexMcMurphy

The firmware thread should only have things like firmware and perhaps short guides on how to set up images and plugins.

I think any new firmware thread should be assigned a Moderator. If possible, any post that is not about _firmware_ should be moved to the general Alien2 thread and the person who posted it be informed where their post was moved to and why.

Flex

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Hi all,

Just ordered this box Monday gone as an upgrade from my Patched Ariva 120 and it was meant to come with Enigma2 installed. It didn't, and I'm glad now (not at the time though!)

I tried with the help here to install the Open Pli image, and for my first time at this it was to say the least tough to configure and thank god I'm blessed with patience.

Today trying to install Rats Bouquets auto Update i couldn't and then seen givecredit's link to a Hyperion v4 image and installed it hoping for better luck.

Thanks Give Credit! :) This has everything I want!
    I have just successfully FTP my oscam.server over and it looks great.

I'd like to replace the auto bouquets with rats auto bouquets. Its an ipk file and I tried to use Putty to put it accross but it won't. Do I need to delete the current autobouquets? does it even work on the Amiko 2 Tripple?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

The firmware thread needs to be locked, only posted in and updated by a mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

willyb007 wrote: »
    I'd like to replace the auto bouquets with rats auto bouquets. Its an ipk file and I tried to use Putty to put it accross but it won't. Do I need to delete the current autobouquets? does it even work on the Amiko 2 Tripple?

Yes it does work on the Triplex.
    Just ftp the files in this post across and restart your receiver
    It will work in tandem with Autobouquets so no need to delete it.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85670158&postcount=26

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Hi Zardoz thanks for the reply,

Im unsucsessful again installing it from both putty and through the file manager on the box I get this every time:

Installing enigma2-plugin-rats-bouquets (1.1) to root...
    Collected errors:
    *satisfy_dependancies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependancies for enigma2-
    plugin-rats-bouquets:
    * enigma2 *
    * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-rats-bouquets.
    Execution finished!!

Any ideas?
    Im really done in by this 1!!!

***EDIT***

Sorry Zardoz I was using an ipk file i had previously downloaded and did not realize that the link you provided me with had the actual files needed for the FTP.

Thanks again so much for your help pal :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

Lads, please keep discussions about problems with installation of images and ipk's and any other issues for the new

Amiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Does anybody know the telnet username password for give credits image? I have tried root/password and root/dreambox with no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

topper1978 wrote: »
    Does anybody know the telnet username password for give credits image? I have tried root/password and root/dreambox with no luck.

If that's the pkt image it's probably username:root and password:pkteam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    If that's the pkt image it's probably username:root and password:pkteam

Thanks a million. That combination works.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭GWNiall

My epg info, such as whats on, whats next, etc, isn't being downloaded. I'm using champions image and have set up epgdownloader to automagically do it.

To repeat AGAIN

Lads, please keep discussions about problems with installation of images and ipk's and any other issues for the newAmiko Alien2 / SAB / GM / ST7162 ** ENIGMA ** Discussion Thread

Can a mod please lock this thread so we can create a new one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Can a mod please lock this thread so we can create a new one

Create it now and report your post .

Create it now and report your post .

Don't have time to create it at this present moment, I'm minding a 12 week old, can post here on mobile with one hand but cannot take my eyes off him :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Rucking_Fetard

Don't have time to create it at this present moment, I'm minding a 12 week old, can post here on mobile with one hand but cannot take my eyes off him :D
    lol, sound, I was just throwing up the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Hi

Can someone help me with ftp problem. I have tried to use FileZilla to connect to amiko alien 2 and get the following message ehostunreach - cannot connect to server.

I connected once and transferred 1channel file but since then I have not been able to connect.

I tried in spark and enigma2 Open Pli image.

I use Open Suse 13.1 operating system. I have tried to complete through MacBook using FileZilla but it did not work.

Connected box to router with Ethernet and wrote down ip 192.168.1.etc and entered root/root but no joy!

What is the problem here?

Thanks

The problem is that you are in the wrong thread. Please use the Enigma Discussion Thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Below is a link to my new OpenATV 4.1 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2, Golden Media Triplex and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This is a game changer image for these boxes.
    Build with OE-A 2.2
    many many more Plugins
    complete identical Linux and folder struture like all mipsel boxes
    online Update system via IPK like all mipsel Boxes
    rework drivers less e2 hacks needed
    VFD Diskplay now fully skinned with e2 hardware depend
    complete fresh Build all tools and linux from July 2014 no more old libs and binarys

Full Feature openATV Image

Full Online Feed

all Source are open Source for all every can build where own image

thanks to all SH4 Developer
    thanks to Duckbox-Developer
    thanks to TDT Duckbox Team
    thanks to Project magpie

and all plugin devs
    Enjoy!

This image is working with the following:

AutoBouquets July 2014 version (I have tweaked this to suit people who use receivers for FREE to Air and Free to View channels. Free to view require active card in top slot. Insert upside down)
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    Alternate softcam Manager
    Ondemand Full Version (Smart dns required for BBC and ITV player) Now includes TV3 player
    Remotechannelstreamconverter
    Satellite Picons
    TSMedia 7.5
    MediaPortal.
    And Much More!

Installation instructions

1. Unplug USB Stick from back of receiver.
    2. Turn Off receiver using toggle switch at back left side.
    3. Open front flap. (from top)
    4. Insert memory stick with new software in front USB port to right of receiver
    5. Press ok button on front panel, turn on receiver at back switch, keep ok button pressed. Wait to see Forc on front display. Release ok button and press the p+ button on front panel until you see SPAR then press ok button again.
    6. Box will bootup in spark.
    7. Press menu on remote and go to plugin, select.
    go to E2upgrade.If icon on screen to right of E2upgrade is already green go straight to step 8 below, if it not green press ok, plugin will start.
    8 Press red again, "upgrade path/storage/c/ will appear. press ok and select "back_of_E2"
    9.Press red again.
    10. Box will upgrade. When finished (takes about 2 mins) it will say success and return to "upgrade path"
    11. Exit out of menu.
    12. Turn off receiver using switch at back, remove front USB stick and reinsert back usb stick.
    13. Press ok button on front panel.
    14. Turn on box using switch at back, keeping ok button pressed.
    15. When you see FORC on front display release ok button and press p- button, until you see ENIG
    16 Press OK button. Box will reboot and you have upgraded software.
    infoscreen_zps2076fcf6.jpg

demand_zpsf769f378.jpg

menu_zpsd0eda935.jpg

plugins_zpsf866979d.jpg
    Backup Link here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/un0urrb6weq4yd5/AACt507f3lt0S641mC5ylStsa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Is this image any better than Champions Hyperion v4? If so, why?

lsjmhar wrote: »

This is the firmware thread, keep chat to the enigma thread, this one is just for links to images and plugins

lsjmhar wrote: »

Plus, please don't start getting lads images mixed up on anyone new joining the threads.
    Championc image is openarp
    Freshpots + give credits image are V4

Give credit now has a new image release. Openatv

This is an update to the openATV image I posted last week. It includes all the fixes that were added this week. It has most of the basics covered. That is everything I included in last image. I received a few PMs requesting some additional functions to be added and setup. This is included in this latest image. You just need to add your own settings.

infoscreenimage_zpsf8f7bc51.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k6iqblzrmr07ih8/AABljw0-g0zD9efzH5ILX7ula

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Digidol

Just a little recommendation, can any users posting backups of their images please have the resolution set at 720p so it will work for the vast majority of users. Just setting it at 1080p leaves 720p users with a black screen at not able to do much with it.

Thanks again to everyone posting backups, it is appreciated by everyone as it saves time and hassle if you have other family member waiting to watch TV!

Digidol wrote: »
    Just a little recommendation, can any users posting backups of their images please have the resolution set at 720p so it will work for the vast majority of users. Just setting it at 1080p leaves 720p users with a black screen at not able to do much with it.

Thanks again to everyone posting backups, it is appreciated by everyone as it saves time and hassle if you have other family member waiting to watch TV!

Apologies for that. I will try to get 720p backup online in next few hours.

Here is a backup with today's build 26th July 2014 saved at 720p for those of you who are having blank screen problems.
    720pinfo_zpsd80fb731.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cw5zdincnc4dowv/AABMhhn74vc_kBTjMhuQ99Uba

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ovi2ukas

box amiko alien2 triple,enigma 2 champions image,realy need help to setup oscam I had before HDMU with mgcamd,how to put mgcamd line in oscam?
    Thank for your help

• Advertisement

ovi2ukas wrote: »
    box amiko alien2 triple,enigma 2 champions image,realy need help to setup oscam I had before HDMU with mgcamd,how to put mgcamd line in oscam?
    Thank for your help

Not allowed to be discussed here, thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement