Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thunda

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.6.2
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550 (with blank sample readers)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview Picons
    Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel
    TSMedia 6.5
    Virtual Zap

Vfd fix applied so newer boxes have a working display panel.

Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

Had my box a month using it for freesat and this is the best image i have had, i was nearly giving up on the box but now its working a treat, the HD picture on BBCHD etc is amazing on my 100" projector screen. Thanks.

As i'm new to all this can someone if possible answer the following.

1. Do i need to update channel lists for freesat and how do i do it.

2. Is channel 5HD and E4HD available on freesat as i get a black screen when i select them or are they pay channels now.

3. If i have movie files in media player can I set it up in a way that allows me to press a button and it searches IMDB and gives info on the selected movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

thunda wrote: »

2. Is channel 5HD and E4HD available on freesat as i get a black screen when i select them or are they pay channels now.

If you are using receiver for freesat only can I suggest you try my image posted on post 174 of this thread. Its setup for FTA tv. The Freesat channels update nightly at around 5am.

CH5HD and E4HD are subscription channels.

Hi thanks i will look at that image, I thought all i would have to do with other images is to run AB and select my location and FTA ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

"thunda wrote: »
    Had my box a month using it for freesat and this is the best image i have had, i was nearly giving up on the box but now its working a treat, the HD picture on BBCHD etc is amazing on my 100" projector screen. Thanks.

3. If i have movie files in media player can I set it up in a way that allows me to press a button and it searches IMDB and gives info on the selected movie.

1.yeah use the autobouquets plugin and set it to scan for free to air only.

2. Neither of these channels are free to air. Ch5HD is free to view though if you have a card.

3.not sure but there is a imdb plugin, maybe download that and see if you can link it somehow.

Thanks for the help. I did try the IMBD thing but the box crashed and rebooted.

Maybe there is another way to get some sort of artwork and info on your movie files.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help. I did try the IMBD thing but the box crashed and rebooted.

Maybe there is another way to get some sort of artwork and info on your movie files.

To be honest I never tried it, I'd image it would be fairly fiddly though with movies named in different ways etc.

Hi thanks i will look at that image, I thought all i would have to do with other images is to run AB and select my location and FTA ?

Yes that will get most of the FTA channels. But not them all. Autobouquets needs a bit of tweaking to get all FTA and FTV channels.

givecredit wrote: »
    Yes that will get most of the FTA channels. But not them all. Autobouquets needs a bit of tweaking to get all FTA and FTV channels.

What channels does it miss?

To be honest I never tried it, I'd image it would be fairly fiddly though with movies named in different ways etc.

Never tried this, But I think project valerie plugin might do some of this.(artwork i mean)

https://code.google.com/p/project-valerie/

yeah it probably would be, it's not a big deal just something I read about that you can do on spark if you hit the red button it does an auto search on IMDB, thought maybe it could be the same on enigma 2.

• Advertisement

Never tried this, But I think project valerie plugin might do some of this.(artwork i mean)

This looks like it could be good , thanks.

Not really noticing any I just wondering if there were certain ways to do things and maybe I'm missing something lol . Apart from cbeebies kids channels etc, I have to press the boquets button and select kids for them to show up

Not at home at moment. But if you examine the autobouquets log file you will see that autobouquets reports some FTA channels as NDS and some NDS channels as FTA. So when running autobouquets it leaves out the FTA channels that are reports as nds and adds some nds channels.

Also I recommend selecting the SD version of region you pick. It improves the channel order slightly. Tweaking required for better channel order.

@ thunda. Entering Channel number should bring you direct to desired channel.

Not at home at moment. But if you examine the autobouquets log file you will see that autobouquets reports some FTA channels as NDS and some NDS channels as FTA. So when running autobouquets it leaves out the FTA channels that are reports as nds and adds some nds channels.

Also I recommend selecting the SD version of region you pick. It improves the channel order slightly. Tweaking required for better channel order.

@ thunda. Entering Channel number should bring you direct to desired channel.

Thanks I will try that . How do you tweak the order of the channels?

Thanks I will try that . How do you tweak the order of the channels?

Using something like notepad++ you need to tweak the swap file and supplemental.txt files in autobouquets.

From top of my head, I think some of the missing FTA channels are Ch5+1 and nhk hd.

Using something like notepad++ you need to tweak the swap file and supplemental.txt files in autobouquets.

From top of my head, I think some of the missing FTA channels are Ch5+1 and nhk hd.

I noticed posts about channel lists would installing one put everything exactly as its meant to be ? or am i talking rubbish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭3206jake

I noticed posts about channel lists would installing one put everything exactly as its meant to be ? or am i talking rubbish lol

Yes I downloaded one here,Its very good, you go to favourites after you install and the list will be their

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=41699&p=154769#post154769

Thanks where do I install it to .

3206jake wrote: »
    Yes I downloaded one here,Its very good, you go to favourites after you install and the list will be their

This says it is a spark channel list , will it work with enigma.

No, You are not talking rubbish. The thing about channels lists is they go out of date. The beauty of Autobouquets is it updates any changes daily.
    A spark list will not work in enigma2.

• Advertisement

No, You are not talking rubbish. The thing about channels lists is they go out of date. The beauty of Autobouquets is it updates any changes daily.
    A spark list will not work in enigma2.

Ah that's great then so i don't need nothing else apart from AB. One thing i did notice on other images i struggled to get the channels on EPG to fill up but this image seems ok.

Ah that's great then so i don't need nothing else apart from AB. One thing i did notice on other images i struggled to get the channels on EPG to fill up but this image seems ok.

Yes, Some backup images were using version 0.8.1 of crossepg which is not working properly on these receivers. When using a backup image make sure it included ver 0.6.2 of crossepg. It works better on the receivers.

Yes, Some backup images were using version 0.8.1 of crossepg which is not working properly on these receivers. When using a backup image make sure it included ver 0.6.2 of crossepg. It works better on the receivers.

Ok thats good to know!

The last image I tried before this was problematic as when i scanned AB for FTA channels it would show up sky channels in the EPG and also had 5 BBC1 channels and 5 BBC 2 channels etc. Is it normal for that to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Ok thats good to know!

The last image I tried before this was problematic as when i scanned AB for FTA channels it would show up sky channels in the EPG and also had 5 BBC1 channels and 5 BBC 2 channels etc. Is it normal for that to happen.

Your best option is to move all your channels you want to favourites. Then set your EPG to favourites. There you can set your channels in a particular order which suites you. Thats what I do.

hotwhiskey wrote: »
    Your best option is to move all your channels you want to favourites. Then set your EPG to favourites. There you can set your channels in a particular order which suites you. Thats what I do.

That sounds a good idea, i will have a fiddle

Ok thats good to know!

Autobouquets is programmed to show some Free to View channels when set to FTA. EG 4 music, London live, sony movies etc. Motors Tv. Are these the channel you saw? Activated viewing card required for these.

The multiple bbcs must have been the various main regions? NI, SCOT, ENG and WALES. These normally appear under "other" bouquet.

hotwhiskey wrote: »

Yes, thats certainly a workable solution. What I do not like about this is you end up with a pretty full favourites bouquet and if a channel changes frequency etc its upgraded in autobouquets but not in favourites. So manual intervention is required,whereby you need to delete old channel and add new one from bouquets, which is defeating the purpose of Autobouquets.

Its not hard to reorder channels in autobouquets.

Autobouquets is programmed to show some Free to View channels when set to FTA. EG 4 music, London live, sony movies etc. Motors Tv. Are these the channel you saw? Activated viewing card required for these.

The multiple bbcs must have been the various main regions? NI, SCOT, ENG and WALES. These normally appear under "other" bouquet.

Could have possibly been those channels, I don't currently have that image installed now. really happy with this image its great with no crashes.

Just tried webif and streamed a channel on pc which is cool, my kid came running upstair shouting the tv has turned itself over lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Scoobydoo 2

Hi all
    Many thanks to all the users here for the big effort to find the most stable and pleasing image
    i downloaded and tried fresh pots image of the 15th I think the sky looking version
    for me I was unable to retune the saorview channels got a green screen every time I tried to rescan as im looking to the greystones transmitter
    tried a redownload of the image and reflash of the box but same problem every time when i went to scan the box would green screen and crash & reboot
    rebooted into spark and everything back as usual
    but many thanks for the effort in posting your image

downloaded the hyperion 4 image from another site and it looks good seemed stable but was unable to delete all the existing stuff ( eastern european ) channels the image came with
    whats the easiest way to delete these channels and start again
    Again thanks to everyone for the huge effort involved :-)

• Advertisement

Hi all
    whats the easiest way to delete these channels and start again
    Again thanks to everyone fot the huge effort involved :-)

Try by installing Fresh Pots image again, except this time FTP the xml attached to etc/tuxbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt3yc5yyjyp38q0/terrestrial.xml

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement