Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien2 - Enigma2 Firmware Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with automatic scan on v4, could you post up a link to the terrestrial.xml file you used?

I will put up a dropbox link later.(after 6pm)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Here's a copy of Open AR-P i've been using for last 2 weeks I got from another site and did some slight mods. Logins & pwds are root.
    Set to skymod skin. Cooltv v7 stable. TS media works on icefilms but not 1channel. Have a play around it, if u make any improvements, please forward. Saorview on Mount Leinster. Also set up with EMC on play button.

forgot to fix oscam.conf - overwrite ip addresses on line 24 with 192.168.0.0-192.168.99.99

https://app.box.com/s/prij6mnmbfxxg7m8ca8u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

I'm having the same problem with automatic scan on v4, could you post up a link to the terrestrial.xml file you used?

Here is Terrestrial.xml as promised:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt3yc5yyjyp38q0/terrestrial.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I am uploading a folder of some plugins that I use on my Alien 2 here so that people can have them all in one place .

Just unrar the files and ftp them to your receiver.
    Most plugins go in the usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/extensions folder the rest go in the corresponding folders as mentioned in the rar file.

The enclosed plugins are :

1channel (no proxy needed if in Ireland)
    Coolman V7 (with enhanced keymap)
    IPTV Listupdater V1.4
    Cacheflush
    RTE Player (latest version)
    Navibar
    TVDB
    TMDB
    Virtual Zap
    Spinner Selector
    Virtual Zap
    Rats Picons
    Rats Bouquets

http://www.2shared.com/file/B2DNq7tZ/Plugins.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭championc

Upgrading the SPARK e2upgrade plugin

1. Take the plugin folder from the link below and place it on a usb stick.

2. Boot into Spark

3. Once booted, insert the usb stick into the front (or rear on Plus boxes) usb. It will ask to install plugins - say Yes

4. Done !!!

Do NOT try and be clever and ftp the files yourself - it won't work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

championc wrote: »
    Upgrading the SPARK e2upgrade plugin

1. Take the plugin folder from the link below and place it on a usb stick.

2. Boot into Spark

3. Once booted, insert the usb stick into the front usb. It will ask to install plugins - say Yes

4. Done !!!

Do NOT try and be clever and ftp the files yourself - it won't work

Thx.
    For the benefit of others, this procedure does not work for me on a plus box.
    Need to boot up with the USB in the rear slot and it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Went back and started from scratch and found out why rte player had stopped working. It was down to a file used in the newer version of tsmedia. I set back up my image with the tsmedia 4.4 and all works fine.

Only other changes in this image are an updated version of the sky skin and a sky spinner.

Here's a link
    http://goo.gl/sHTK05

Absolutely brilliant image, upgraded from a glitch ridden one that froze too often for comfort - thanks!

the one issue I haven't resolved is with streaming, when I use Open Webif it opens the stream in VLC but buffers and then reports an error eventually aswell - is there any further configuration required to get the web streaming going? (it was working on the previous image)

the url it generates when attempting to view a channel: http://192.168.1.2:8001/1:0:19:2588:7FB:2:11A0000:0:0:0::RTE TWO HD

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

So is anyone running a stable Hyperion v4 image yet? Looking forward to trying it out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭same ol sh1te

Here's my image based on the 24/3 compile of GIT version of duckbox OpenPli by martinxp http://bit.ly/1grGI02

What I have confirmed as installed and working:
    Working for Irish terrestrial on T+ tuner (works set to Italy, do a full scan if you're not on Cairns Hill)
    Working VFD on latest boxes (no red recording icon on latest VFD though)
    Oscam (edit your details to the oscam.server file and restart oscam in Alternative SoftCam Manager plugin)
    Autobouquets (set to London HD, older version not from repo that adds correct channel numbers in bouquets, 401 SS1 etc)
    Rats picon updater (not working at present, server is down)
    Picons (Rats picons for satellite and ones for Irish terrestrial)
    Hddmountmanager (external is mounted in /hdd, enable swapfile on first boot)
    CrossEPG (daily 7AM)
    CoolTVGuide (opens on EPG)
    Autotimers
    Samba server
    Webinterface
    Virtual Zap (set to exit button)
    Cache flush (set to 15mins)

Not included:
    1Channel, TSMedia, RTE player etc (I don't usually add them as they do not stay working for long before needing updates)

Notes:
    A/V is set to 720p 50HZ
    Audio is set to AC3 downmix
    Streaming and recording two $ channels working
    Be sure to create a 256MB swapfile in hddmount manager plugin on first boot (You'll get a green screen on cold boot, but the box boots fine after it restarts)
    FTP User: root, pass: blank (to set a pass telnet in and run "passwd root" and it will ask for a pass)
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam

Credit goes to martinxp on the linuxsat-support forum, if you make this image better please share

Enjoy

Here's my image http://bit.ly/1grGI02

What I have confirmed as installed and working:
    Working for Irish terrestrial on T+ tuner (set to Italy, do a full scan if you're not on Cairns Hill)
    Working VFD on latest boxes (no red recording icon though)
    Oscam (edit your details to the oscam.server file and restart oscam in Alternative SoftCam Manager plugin)
    Autobouquets (set to London HD, older version not from repo that adds correct channel numbers in bouquets, 401 SS1 etc)
    Rats picon updater (not working at present, repo down)
    Picons (rats picons for satellite and ones for Irish terrestrial)
    Hddmountmanager (external is mounted in /hdd)
    CrossEPG (daily 7AM)
    CoolTVGuide
    Autotimers
    Samba server
    Webinterface
    Virtual Zap (set to exit button)
    Cache flush (set to 15mins)

Not done:
    No remote mapping for CoolTVGuide, will update with better keymap later
    1Channel, TSMedia, RTE player etc (I don't usually add them as they do not stay working for long before needing update)

FTP User: root, pass: blank
    Oscam port: 8888 user: root, pass: oscam

Credit goes to martinxp on the linuxsat-support forum, if you make it better please share
    Enjoy

Cheers, what is this image based on?

• Advertisement

BigCon wrote: »
    Cheers, what is this image based on?

The latest compile of GIT version of duxbox OpenPli by martinxp
    http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=56831
    OpenPli 24.3. 2014 spark 7162

Fixed remote control mapping for EPG key, image files updated

There's been lots of little fixes, get the latest if you're going flashing

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

OK ready to try a new firmware on my AA2.

currently running H2

anyone want to recommend a good stable (wife friendly) image, or should I wait a couple more weeks until the most recent release get a good going over first?

Agueroooo wrote: »
    OK ready to try a new firmware on my AA2.

currently running H2

anyone want to recommend a good stable (wife friendly) image, or should I wait a couple more weeks until the most recent release get a good going over first?

The most recent release is a few posts up

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

The most recent release is a few posts up

Have you tried H4 ?

I like the Hyperion releases...anyone got one with lots of goodies pre-installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Have you tried H4 ?

I like the Hyperion releases...anyone got one with lots of goodies pre-installed?

I might get around to putting a copy of my image this weekend, still one or two things I want to set up correctly in it before I release it to the masses!

Below is a link to my Hyperion v4 based Complete Image - for the Amiko Alien2 and other ST7162 Based Boxes.

This image is working with the following:
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets 20131020 (works in about 60 secs)
    CacheFlush
    CrossEPG 0.8.1
    CoolTVGuide v7.0
    EMU Manager
    MyTubePlayer
    OpenWebIf
    OSCam v9550 (with blank sample readers)
    PermanentTimeShift
    Various Skins
    Rats Picons
    RTE Player
    Samba Server
    Sly HD bootlogo
    Soarview Picons
    Streaming / Recording of $ Channels while watching another $ channel
    TSMedia 5.6
    Virtual Zap.

Use the Download menu in Plugins or just FTP the .ipk files to the /TMP folder, telnet to the box and type IPKG INSTALL xxxxxxx.ipk. This should work for most plugins. CoolTVGuide is linked to the EPG button

The image is setup to use DHCP automatically and is also set for using HDMI at 720p. Terrestrial channels may need to be rescanned depending on your geographical location.

FTP and Telnet - Username "root", Password "pkteam"
    OSCam - http://box_ip:8888 - Username "root", Password "oscam"
    OpenWebIf - http://box_ip (Default Port 80)
    DreamBoxEdit paths - /etc/enigma2/

Newer revisions of the AA2 have a slightly different driver for the display on the front of the box. As a result on these newer boxes your display will show "Boot" all the time. When a fix becomes available I will update the image and post it on the forum.

Download link: http://goo.gl/eLaUN1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I've tried to load Fresh Pots image.

It seems to upload correctly but when the box reboots it hangs at the 'Sky HD' splash screen and 'PKT SVN' on the box led display. Any ideas. Amiko Alien 2 twin tuner.

kaizersoze wrote: »

It seems to upload correctly but when the box reboots it hangs at the 'Sky HD' splash screen and 'PKT SVN' on the box led display. Any ideas. Amiko Alien 2 twin tuner.

Try downloading my image again, I've updated the link with a backup from today. Hopefully that sorts the problems a couple of you were having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 suarez07

Hi Fresh Pots, Just want to say I loaded your image on my alien 2 yesterday and just want to say it works perfect and thanks very much for sharing it so people can use

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

is it possible to play the $ recordings from any of these boxs on Pc

Nowso wrote: »
    is it possible to play the $ recordings from any of these boxs on Pc

Yes, just copy them to PC, VLC Media Player will play them. They're huge though, HD is ~4GB per hour

Yes, just copy them to PC, VLC Media Player will play them. They're huge though, HD is ~4GB per hour

is this with sly emu recordings also . i have tried with using ferguson non linux boxs and recordings are still encrypted an only play via the box

is this with sly emu recordings also . i have tried with using ferguson non linux boxs and recordings are still encrypted an only play via the box

All recordings, this is a linux box, it records using open formats without DRM. A Ferguson is a locked down box.

thanks . that sounds good

i read earlier that there is a latest firmware vfd? version of this box. how do you know if ots the latest version when you go to buy a box?

i read earlier that there is a latest firmware vfd? version of this box. how do you know if ots the latest version when you go to buy a box?

You don't unless the supplier can tell you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dinvek

kaizersoze wrote: »

I just downloaded this image and get the same as above. Also have alien2 twin tuner box. Did you get the issue resolved?

• Advertisement

Running Fresh Pots V4 image. Everything is working fine except for CrossEPG.

When I select CrossEPG downloader it shows "Starting Downloader, Starting Converter, Loading data" all in the space of a few seconds but it doesn't work.

I am using a kingston usb drive connected to the front USB port as I did in V3 but it doesn't seem to be working.

I also tried downloading to a HDD connected to the rear USB with no sucess either. Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement