Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim City

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was just about to pre-order on g2play when I thought I'd check here for a cheaper copy. But when I read about
    VinLieger wrote: »
    server issues
    I decided that I can wait a while longer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i can't play it yet anyway, but if i could i'd hold on until the initial issues are fixed. Nothing worse then having a great city going, only for a server restart to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

havnt followed this game at all, whats the big idea with having everyones game on servers? is it one big world with everyone in it or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Looking forward to this everyday since it was released , Did a "Can you run it" test last night and failed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no surprise: on-line launch a disaster
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/180/9324331.page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,489 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

no surprise: on-line launch a disaster
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/180/9324331.page

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's funny reading through that. Some people seem to think it's the worst thing that could ever happen to them.

I guess that this is one of the benefits of European release dates being later than the US, in that if it's an easily fixed problem then it can be sorted before we play. Of course, if it's a bigger problem we're equally screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,911 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

humanji wrote: »
    It's funny reading through that. Some people seem to think it's the worst thing that could ever happen to them.

I guess that this is one of the benefits of European release dates being later than the US, in that if it's an easily fixed problem then it can be sorted before we play. Of course, if it's a bigger problem we're equally screwed.

Exactly on one side im pissed were getting screwed again with a friday release compared to the rest of the world, but if it means major problems get ironed out by then its not too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Has anyone been watching the ign game play videos, quite interesting to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Installing now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I thought it's not out here until friday? Or are you just pre-loading it?

Kirby wrote: »
    I thought it's not out here until friday? Or are you just pre-loading it?

He got his key and is using a VPN to trick origin, exactly what i intend to do the second i get mine

Out of curiosity, which VPN are you guys using? I've had mixed results in the past.

Out of curiosity, which VPN are you guys using? I've had mixed results in the past.

Dont need to use one to download it just to activate it as far as i know so it doesnt really matter

Tunnelbear

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MI'll be playing later this week, copy coming to me as a bit of a suprise, the joy of knowing EA employees :)

Watching some streams on Twitch.tv, looks really enjoyable especially with the friends aspect

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Merger

This friends thing...Do you have to be connected before hand or can you send out links?

Merger wrote: »
    This friends thing...Do you have to be connected before hand or can you send out links?

To play with someone you need to be friends over origin then you setup a region and send out invites

Damn! Though as much, Clearly I'll be going alone lol

• Advertisement

Merger wrote: »
    Damn! Though as much, Clearly I'll be going alone lol

Why? Hopefully gonna get a region going with some boardsies

I'm ShaneBRB on origin

Will probably pick this up in Smiths (44.99 online) this weekend. Didn't pre-order.

First time in a while buying a physical DVD - I have a voucher somewhere I think.

Sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Will probably pick this up in Smiths (44.99 online) this weekend. Didn't pre-order.

First time in a while buying a physical DVD - I have a voucher somewhere I think.

That's really good value. The prices I saw was around double that (£65).
    I need a new PC/Laptop to play :(
    Thinking of building a gaming PC that I can use with my TV... in about 6 months :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

So we can buy this now on Origin or whatever and download it, and use it via VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Mc Love wrote: »
    So we can buy this now on Origin or whatever and download it, and use it via VPN?

Why do you need a VPN? Is it not released in ROI yet?

Why do you need a VPN? Is it not released in ROI yet?

Nope not available here till friday, EA are one of the publishers who still dont understand the concept that oceans dont exist on the internet

So if I want to play it now, should I buy it on the american origin using a proxy? Will that limit me if I turn the VPN off at some point? I know the game is region free....but is origin?

Whats the best way to go about this..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

VinLieger wrote: »
    Nope not available here till friday, EA are one of the publishers who still dont understand the concept that oceans dont exist on the internet

From the release problems, I think the staggered release was probably a good idea here (even though them having published SWTOR should have given them the experience to do a global release).

Advertisement