Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Some Crota info:

An apparently 'safe' way of downing crota:
    Reddit wrote:

Takes 18 heavy smashes to kill him - enrage triggers on the 15th. So - the idea, seemingly, is:

1st run - 1st sword: 3 Smashes
    1st run - 2nd sword: 3 Smashes
    2nd run - 1st sword: 3 Smashes
    2nd run - 2nd sword: 3 Smashes
    3rd run - 1st sword: 3 Smashes - Last Smash enrages. Oversoul will trigger. Ignore oversoul, ROCKET THE FECK OUT OF CROTA so he goes down IMMEDIATELY and go straight to
    3rd run - 2nd sword: 3 Smashes

Should have him killed before Oversoul wipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Also forgot to mention I was using Suros to regain health, doing it our way health wasn't really an issue for the people not using the sword though, the biggest risk is when killing the ogres.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Great boot day at Xurs

It has the titan and hunter boots, starfire protocol for warlocks, and this is it

It has no land beyond!!!! so be sure to grab it before it is sold out as this thing is by far, the worse weapon in the game, worse than most rares and greens as well... ffs

At least it has engrams this week

Bohrio wrote: »
    Great boot day at Xurs

It has the titan and hunter boots, starfire protocol for warlocks, and this is it

It has no land beyond!!!! so be sure to grab it before it is sold out as this thing is by far, the worse weapon in the game, worse than most rares and greens as well... ffs

At least it has engrams this week
    Another week of nowt from Xur then. Bugger. GIVE ME SOME TITAN GAUNTLETS YOU *****!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

another sniper rifle..wtf is going to buy that after icebreaker last week..bungie need to look at what xur is selling and tweak it.
    On the plus side I got armour for my titan and my level 1 warlock :)
    Bought the enagram and gets armour for my titan :mad:

• Advertisement

Doesn't even have any upgrades I want (Suros or Red Death), what an ARSE!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭synesthesia

so , Starfire protocol. Yeah or Neh ?

Crappy XurDay, in graphical web form:

http://xurday.com/

Armour - useless to me.
    Weapon - useless to EVERYONE.
    Upgrades - useless to me.
    Heavy ammo synth? NOPE.

I hate you Xur.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Need those heavy ammo synths, I've spent 30 since HM came out :(

I got myself 6 engram from Xur :

- ATS/8 Arachnid hunter helm
    - Helm of Saint-14 Titan Helm
    - Light Beyond Nemesis - Yay! that's gonna be usefull with HM Crota.
    - Achlyophage Symbiote Hunter Helm ( already have this one - so sharded )
    - The Glasshouse Titan Helmet ( already have this one - so sharded )

Happy about the invective upgrade, I really didn't want to do this bounty again, this was my very last piece of gear to re-roll.

Still, ****ty Xur day, where is Suros Regime ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Xur is back to his usual self. Did my first nightfall -- got coins -- and also did the daily last night (thanks to SolvableKnave & Conovar). I was looking forward to spending them this weekend.

Am I right in thinking that the Titan armour is a pass? I am starting to level up one at the moment, but haven't really looked at Titan specific armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

In fairness, if 1.4m icebreakers sold last weekend Bungie are probably of the view that most non-hardcore (ie ... not ye!) players won't have the coin for Suros or Red Death yet. I'd say it'll be next weekend or the weekend after.

I'm at 21sc this weekend (bought Last Word like a fool two weeks ago) so happy enough that it's a crap Xur day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I guess I'll be keeping my Strange Coins till next week.
    I'm at 21sc this weekend (bought Last Word like a fool two weeks ago) so happy enough that it's a crap Xur day!

Nothing wrong with The Last Word. It's an excellent weapon, plus it looks cool. The only downside is that it's an Exotic and who'd equip anything other than an Ice-Breaker.

nevelator wrote: »
    Xur is back to his usual self. Did my first nightfall -- got coins -- and also did the daily last night (thanks to SolvableKnave & Conovar). I was looking forward to spending them this weekend.

Am I right in thinking that the Titan armour is a pass? I am starting to level up one at the moment, but haven't really looked at Titan specific armour.

Titan boots look rubbish. Incerae Heavy ammo carry (not a super perk) and increase duration Shoulder Charge is active... **** OFF!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

In defence on No Light Beyond you do get a Grimoire Card when you buy it...... or at least I did.

yeah - while doing the Crucible part of the Thorn bounty with Goose and Roni-Pie I had a good go at The Last Word ( all maxed out ) in PVP ... What a beast ! so fun to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

I have enough Motes to gamble on 1 engram. Really REALLY hoping for Saint-14. Beyond that, meh. No Land Beyond was bought the first time he sold it, partially because it's an exotic, and partially because I think it may receive a buff at some point.

I have enough Motes to gamble on 1 engram. Really REALLY hoping for Saint-14. Beyond that, meh. No Land Beyond was bought the first time he sold it, partially because it's an exotic, and partially because I think it may receive a buff at some point.

Go for it. It really is worth it if you get Saint-14.
    Situational - Yes. Funny - Always.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Go for it. It really is worth it if you get Saint-14.
    Situational - Yes. Funny - Always.

So long as I get a Titan helm, not the Glasshouse. I had Helm of Inmost light also, but it was collecting dust so sharded it to get Glasshouse fully upgraded. Need to get the Raid Boots and Helm now.

Ran it the other night, started off joining Cormac who was helping a friend try get something from the Abyss checkpoint by soloing it. We eventually got it, Cormac and his mate left, and we continued on with 2 more. Bridge part was done in 2 or 3 attempts (Only my second time getting to the bridge at all). Thrallway was done in one, I made it into chest room, a Titan. :P Ir Yut took quite a few attempts but we got her eventually.

Crota. We had a fair few attempts. I think we got 2 rotations out. I really need to level a RL. We just weren't getting enough damage on him consistently to be effective. I had to bail around half 1, the rest I think tried once or twice more. Not sure how they got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Happy out with Xur (because I only have 17 coins and didn't want to have to risk divorce by attempting to grind out six more in a manic state so as not to miss some amazing kick ass primary!).

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I recommend the No Land Beyond, its great fir crotas shield.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If any of the regular crew would like to give me a hand with the "THORN" bounty tonight plz giz a shout......grassy ass!

Will there be drinking? :D
    onlyTobes wrote: »
    Cormac,
    I've enabled sigs, but can't leave my sig at the end of the post.
    I think my post count is too low, how many do I need?

Probably, I dunno how boards works, maybe you need to hit a post count
    Some Crota info:

An apparently 'safe' way of downing crota:

Should have him killed before Oversoul wipes.

I'd be up for this, looks solid
    Crappy XurDay, in graphical web form:

http://xurday.com/

Link should have downloaded a computer virus, i'd have been ok with a virus over this
    Ran it the other night, started off joining Cormac who was helping a friend try get something from the Abyss checkpoint by soloing it. We eventually got it, Cormac and his mate left, and we continued on with 2 more.

That was pretty funny alright. I totally forgot about the going invisible while Arc Blade thing and that I could use Mida to run faster, also did not know i didn't need to kill the Orge. Ended up doing it legit with 5 of us anyway :D
    quad_red wrote: »
    Happy out with Xur (because I only have 17 coins and didn't want to have to risk divorce by attempting to grind out six more in a manic state so as not to miss some amazing kick ass primary!).

:o

Haha :D

F**k you Xur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Can anyone on PS confirm if the Hawkmoon upgrade is available from Xur this week?

cdb wrote: »
    Anyone on PS know if the Hawkmoon upgrade is available from Xur this week?

It is yes apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Cormac... wrote: »
    It is yes apparently

He'll be getting 7000 of my glimmer and an exotic shard so. I'll even throw in a dance for good measure.

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sunbreaker upgrade, happy days!

cdb wrote: »
    He'll be getting 7000 of my glimmer and an exotic shard so. I'll even throw in a dance for good measure.

He'll just laugh at you and look for the 500 you owe him for the upgrade.
    He's a real b******d

Considering this was made by one person it's really impressive and well worth a watch

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Goddammit, all I wanted from Xur was heavy ammo synths.

• Advertisement

Taken from Bungie Forums

Crota gets Atheoned..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement