Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

got another legendary engram. This time I got 3 ascendant shards..what are they used for?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

got another legendary engram. This time I got 3 ascendant shards..what are they used for?

They're used for upgrading legendary armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Use armour with perks that regent health when orbs are picked up. Really handy to keep people alive !!

Good list here from Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2t7py1/here_is_an_organized_list_of_all_of_the_ways_you/

Have Light Beyond Nemesis and the Suros. Also, life steal as a void walker could be useful, if a bit risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone got the gun "The Saterine Rapier" ? How did you get it and is it any use ? A lot of the high lvl guys seem to be using this or the vex for hard raid.

It's pretty decent scout rifle. It has Firefly as one of it's perks. I prefer the insane fire rate of the B Line Trauma even though it has low impact. I got it from a nightfall or engram. One of the vanguards sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They're used for upgrading legendary armour.

So after my xb1 session yesterday and watching you solo the first part I decided to attempt to solo the first bit with my lv31 hunter as well, and after watching you earlier I can say that the little spot behind the rock def works perfect!

Attempted to kill the ogres but I could go as far as 1/4 of their health before they spotted me and start shooting at me.

Did it 3 times, and completed it all on my first attempt, still find it ridiculous that you can solo the first part even on hard, in fact, I finished it without killing a single enemy!

As reward for my hard working experience I got nothing but shards, no surprise here as CE def doesnt like me on PS4.

On the plus side I got the shard I needed to make it to 32 so now I am 32 on all my 6 characters! so happy days :)
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Phase 5: Crota[/B]
    Level 33 enemies
    Knights are majors in the initial hallway (yellow HP bars)
    No chalice (no healing)
    Boomers are yellow bar as well
    A yellow wizard spawns next to crota to protect him each time he is downed, you will have to take this wizard down to help your sword bearer
    There is a gatekeeper that spawns down below

I think the wizard comes out independently, at least for us yesterday I noticed that the wizard was coming out at random times, it seems it was coming out instead of the knight (the one that jumps on the bridge) so maybe it could either spawn the wizard or the knight? or maybe the knight always spawn and the wizard only randomly?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Complete noob here. Well maybe not complete... I've finished the game and am level 19.

What kind of stuff should I be paying attention to, so I can get to 30? I've only been playing patrol a bunch, but keep overhearing about dailies and weeklies and I don't know where to start. Any advice for getting to 30?

You should start with doing the Strike lists at the highest level you feel comfy with, that will give you vanguard marks and reputation needed to buy the purple gear you'll need as a basis to level.

You can buy them off your vanguard (the dudes in the end room under the bounty robot).

Start with the gloves and boots as they're easiest to get and will bump you up a few levels, enough so you can do harder tasks.

You should start with doing the Strike lists at the highest level you feel comfy with, that will give you vanguard marks and reputation needed to buy the purple gear you'll need as a basis to level.

You can buy them off your vanguard (the dudes in the end room under the bounty robot).

Start with the gloves and boots as they're easiest to get and will bump you up a few levels, enough so you can do harder tasks.

Yeap that is pretty much the way to do it, do bounties instead of patrolling (or do the bounties while you patrol). You can also start doing strikes but I would probably focus on the bounties first and to get to level 20 as quickly as possible.

Once you reach level 20, your level will no longer increase based on your experience but on your light level (every rare/legendary armour will have a light level). You need to start using armour with the highest light level, to reach level 21 you will need 21 lights, level 22 32, etc etc. See below.

21 20
    22 32
    23 43
    24 54
    25 65
    26 76
    27 87
    28 98
    29 109
    30 120
    31 132
    32 144

To get more armour, the best way to do this is to do level 20 strikes, they will drop armour (randomly) with light level 14/15. As you are equipping this armour (always equip armour with the highest light level) your level will start to increase.

As your level start to increase do higher level strikes (22, then 24 and then 26).

It shouldn't take long for you to reach level around 24-25. Once you are at this level you will probably have enough vanguard marks to buy boots, so buy them! (as doom said you can buy them from the vanguard lads).

The boots will boost your light level, once you are level 26 you can start doing the urn challenge (if you have the DLC) if not, keep doing strikes/bounties until you can get enough marks to buy, for example, gauntlets. If you are lucky you might get a legendary engram which might give you either weapons or more armour (you really want to focus on armour). Also, when you are level 26 you can attempt the Vault of Glass on normal (we can give you a hand with that), this will provide you with shards and weapons/amour. Shards are needed to upgrade your armour.

So in conclusion there is a lot going on but at the moment, just focus on getting to 20 and then start doing strikes and start equipping your guardian with the highest light level armour, this will slowly increase your level giving you access to higher level strikes which are likely to drop better gear

• Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bohrio wrote: »
    So after my xb1 session yesterday and watching you solo the first part I decided to attempt to solo the first bit with my lv31 hunter as well, and after watching you earlier I can say that the little spot behind the rock def works perfect!

Attempted to kill the ogres but I could go as far as 1/4 of their health before they spotted me and start shooting at me.

Did it 3 times, and completed it all on my first attempt, still find it ridiculous that you can solo the first part even on hard, in fact, I finished it without killing a single enemy!

As reward for my hard working experience I got nothing but shards, no surprise here as CE def doesnt like me on PS4.

On the plus side I got the shard I needed to make it to 32 so now I am 32 on all my 6 characters! so happy days :)

I think the wizard comes out independently, at least for us yesterday I noticed that the wizard was coming out at random times, it seems it was coming out instead of the knight (the one that jumps on the bridge) so maybe it could either spawn the wizard or the knight? or maybe the knight always spawn and the wizard only randomly?

Its been confirmed that the wizard spanws after killing the two boomers instead of the old sword knight.

I really shouldn't have chased after the GateKeeper yesterday with the second sword after getting 5 hits and a super on Crota with the first sword. Just panicked a bit :)

Its been confirmed that the wizard spanws after killing the two boomers instead of the old sword knight.

I really shouldn't have chased after the GateKeeper yesterday with the second sword after getting 5 hits and a super on Crota with the first sword. Just panicked a bit :)

that would make more sense, I think we need to practice more Crota on normal and then attempt it on hard, we need to get the timing right, most of the fails were caused by us not being in sync with your movements!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got the auto rifle from the bridge when I ran it with one of my other characters with a few of Gerard's chums so happy with that. Ended up soloing the lamps again.

The whole raid up to crota himself really is not much more difficult than normal. Reckon we should just concentrate on crota tonight and get a bit of a rythm going with him but stick to hard mode.

• Advertisement

Got the auto rifle from the bridge when I ran it with one of my other characters with a few of Gerard's chums so happy with that. Ended up soloing the lamps again.

The whole raid up to crota himself really is not much more difficult than normal. Reckon we should just concentrate on crota tonight and get a bit of a rythm going with him but stick to hard mode.

That rifle looks good, I think it will come really handy against wizards

I hope I get it with one of my other 2 characters

I think we should try to do the raid on the other 2 up to Crota and then focus on him so once we have the thing going all we will need is switch to another character and doing while it is still fresh, what do you recon?

Bohrio wrote: »
    That rifle looks good, I think it will come really handy against wizards

I hope I get it with one of my other 2 characters

I think we should try to do the raid on the other 2 up to Crota and then focus on him so once we have the thing going all we will need is switch to another character and doing while it is still fresh, what do you recon?

I'd rather just take a lash at crota but I do have my warlock to get up to that point too so I'll go with what ever, it shouldn't take long anyway. I definitely think we're better off sticking to hard mode though as their's too many new variables with the crota fight and we'd be better off getting used to them.

I'd rather just take a lash at crota but I do have my warlock to get up to that point too so I'll go with what ever, it shouldn't take long anyway. I definitely think we're better off sticking to hard mode though as their's too many new variables with the crota fight and we'd be better off getting used to them.

Stick with hard but get everyone to Crota then we can perfect that section by rerunning it 3 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

There doesn't seem to be a set trigger for the wizards which is a joke tbh, they've made the Crota fight incredibly dull. Essentially repeating the same formulaic 5 minutes over and over until you can time it perfectly and make no mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Complete noob here. Well maybe not complete... I've finished the game and am level 19.

What kind of stuff should I be paying attention to, so I can get to 30? I've only been playing patrol a bunch, but keep overhearing about dailies and weeklies and I don't know where to start. Any advice for getting to 30?

Hit 20.
    Do as many daily PvE and PvP bounties as you can reasonably handle.
    Do the daily mission at whatever level you are capable of.
    Do the Weeky Strike at whatever level you are capable of.
    Do you own the DLC? If so, complete the entirety of the Eris quests.
    Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone got the gun "The Saterine Rapier" ? How did you get it and is it any use ? A lot of the high lvl guys seem to be using this or the vex for hard raid.

They are probably newbies who got it as their x-mass gift, it's a decent Scout Rifle as they go depending on the roll
    AdamD wrote: »
    Health regen perks are huge for Crota, no respawns OR health regen. Boomer dutys a bitch too, they take 4/5 headshots.

Myself and Wes have pretty much been practising not actually having the chalice for the entire Crota run for the last 3 weeks so hopefully we'll find that a bit easier. Trying to get the chalice up and down be between the DPS team and Snipers just seemed like a hassle we didn't need
    neasyerac wrote: »
    Been at the raid since 6, breezed to Crota and been stuck there since. Got the pulse rifle, doesn't seem that great but I'll upgrade it to see how it is.

Pulse Rifles are universally s**t
    Bad Juju, Red Death, Praedeyths Timepiece et-al, they are situational at best and only viable if linked with certain armour. I have all 3 and I'm only levelling them as I have Obsidian Mind and to have for one section of the 13 Raid sections in existence (8 in VoG, 5 in Crota)
    There doesn't seem to be a set trigger for the wizards which is a joke tbh, they've made the Crota fight incredibly dull. Essentially repeating the same formulaic 5 minutes over and over until you can time it perfectly and make no mistakes.

Enemies spawning without a "trigger" would never be mentioned in any other context of this game. I've never seen someone work out the timing of the Supplicant spawns on VoG.

Also, for the Thrall Abyss, I robbed this :P

hg2XyzV.png

Creeping up on level 30 and not done VoG yet.

I have a level 32 friend who wants to run it on normal first, was wondering if anyone would want in? Basically a practice run for me. It'll prob be next Monday or Tuesday (busy weekend for me)...

I have a level 32 friend who wants to run it on normal first, was wondering if anyone would want in? Basically a practice run for me. It'll prob be next Monday or Tuesday (busy weekend for me)...

I'm going to Sherpa some more newbies through it again this weekend, I might do the same next weekend

Also handy tip for CE HM
    if there's a titan have him run up to where the boomers spawn and place a bubble there so that one boomer is trapped or can't shoot at you, kill the other boomer not both. This stops the wizard from spawning so now you can kill the swordbarer and down crota twice

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Killing the the 2 nights up on the left will spawn the wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'm going to Sherpa some more newbies through it again this weekend, I might do the same next weekend

Also handy tip for CE HM

Reading that if you have enough G'Horns you CAN get him down a third time on each sword run.

• Advertisement

Also handy tip for CE HM

At weekends I can generally only get on after midnight, if even sadly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

I'd probably be able to do it with you. I'm lvl 29 - but will be 30 by Saturday evening. Have done VoG a couple times on Normal, its fine, just as long as everyone is on headsets and knows whats happening.

Only thing is that I have never carried the relic so don't really know what to do with it.

I also don't know the locations of all the chests.

So therefore I think provided we had 2 more who know the chest locations and can use the relic we'd be grand.

It's awesome by the way.

I'd probably be able to do it with you. I'm lvl 29 - but will be 30 by Saturday evening. Have done VoG a couple times on Normal, its fine, just as long as everyone is on headsets and knows whats happening.

Only thing is that I have never carried the relic so don't really know what to do with it.

I also don't know the locations of all the chests.

So therefore I think provided we had 2 more who know the chest locations and can use the relic we'd be grand.

It's awesome by the way.

You on PS4? I forgot to mention that :/

I gets the feels this level 32 guys knows it in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

I'm currently level 30, hopefully 31 by the weekend. Have done CE raid a few times but never VoG so happy to give it a go with people over the weekend.

So he auto enrages and an oversoul spawns when his health gets to a certain point, they reckon it's best to ignore the oversoul completely and just kill him. Having the sword bearer on top of him before he kneels seems to be key too:

Also only kill one boomer on each side so the knight/wizards never spawn and just ignore the gatekeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Yep I'm PS4 - PSN : Mikiemax80

I'm around Saturday, Sunday, Monday eve and Tuesday eve - so should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on the swordbearer. I don't envy you. You were very unlucky on the last run at Crota, when you tried to use the sword super but popped a bubble shield on him instead. Fine lines between winning and losing......

Ummm if you know him and trust him then I would say yes but be weary!

I have played with lv32 guys who had no clue of what they were doing
    You can find out how many times he has ran it by checking his PSN on bungie

Yeah, there's a lot of pressure on the swordbearer. I don't envy you. You were very unlucky on the last run at Crota, when you tried to use the sword super but popped a bubble shield on him instead. Fine lines between winning and losing......

I forgot about that one :D he just needed two more hits to finish him off and by the time I chased him around the right hand side got the first hit press the super I pop a bubble and Crota gets protected :D

• Advertisement

So he auto enrages and an oversoul spawns when his health gets to a certain point, they reckon it's best to ignore the oversoul completely and just kill him. Having the sword bearer on top of him before he kneels seems to be key too:

Also only kill one boomer on each side so the knight/wizards never spawn and just ignore the gatekeeper.

Or leave the boomers alive and get four people to stand on the ledge outside the crystal room between the glass and Crota. Boomers can't hit you here. Then sword carrier and a defender titan grab the sword and run up as usual but the Titan pops a bubble over the swordcarrier where he hits Crota. Stops the Carrier getting hit by the boomers. Then rinse and repeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement