Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Or leave the boomers alive and get four people to stand on the ledge outside the crystal room between the glass and Crota. Boomers can't hit you here. Then sword carrier and a defender titan grab the sword and run up as usual but the Titan pops a bubble over the swordcarrier where he hits Crota. Stops the Carrier getting hit by the boomers. Then rinse and repeat.

That's what they do there but they still have to move to the left at some point to avoid crota, plus it's better to have one boomer shooting at you than two I reckon.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's what they do there but they still have to move to the left at some point to avoid crota, plus it's better to have one boomer shooting at you than two I reckon.:)

The video wouldn't load for me :) yea I think you need a mix of a lot of techniques and need to be able to switch them when necessary.

I have to say though I much prefer VOG to Crotas now. I think Crota will get very stale very quick.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,194 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The video wouldn't load for me :) yea I think you need a mix of a lot of techniques and need to be able to switch them when necessary.

I have to say though I much prefer VOG to Crotas now. I think Crota will get very stale very quick.

Absolutely, it feels more like a big strike than a raid, only real part where you need to be coordinated is Crota himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Or leave the boomers alive and get four people to stand on the ledge outside the crystal room between the glass and Crota. Boomers can't hit you here. Then sword carrier and a defender titan grab the sword and run up as usual but the Titan pops a bubble over the swordcarrier where he hits Crota. Stops the Carrier getting hit by the boomers. Then rinse and repeat.

They leave one boomer as two boomers on each side hitting you at the same time will take you down quickly despite deploying the titan shield and there is no harm in killing one.

You can safely kill him from inside the room. Looking forward to trying this later today.

PS: Just saw Micks response ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Creeping up on level 30 and not done VoG yet.

I have a level 32 friend who wants to run it on normal first, was wondering if anyone would want in? Basically a practice run for me. It'll prob be next Monday or Tuesday (busy weekend for me)...

What platform you on?

Myself and MerryDespot on X1 (I'm 29 and he's 31) would be up for that on Monday night.

He's done VoG once and I'm a total noob. But both should be up to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just a GENTLE reminder that "enabling signatures" when viewing threads and Adding your PSN ID / XBOX GT in your signature would be VERY beneficial as I'm now reading page each day of people on different platforms scheduling raids until the inevitable. "I'm on the other console" happens. I mean it's all fine by me, but it just makes sense, once you "enable viewing of signatures" 1/2 the battle is done and you save yourself some time/heartache. Gentle reminder is gentle..... :P

Caveat being that Bohrio is on both consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Cormac... wrote: »
    Just a GENTLE reminder that "enabling signatures" when viewing threads and Adding your PSN ID / XBOX GT in your signature would be VERY beneficial as I'm now reading page each day of people on different platforms scheduling raids until the inevitable. "I'm on the other console" happens. I mean it's all fine by me, but it just makes sense, once you "enable viewing of signatures" 1/2 the battle is done and you save yourself some time/heartache. Gentle reminder is gentle..... :P

Were you 1/2 way up the clocktower with your Ice Breaker when you thought, F**k it I'll remind them all one more time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Were you 1/2 way up the clocktower with your Ice Breaker when you thought, F**k it I'll remind them all one more time :)

:pac: :pac: :pac:
    pretty much

Also trying not be Johnny-Back-Seat-Mod here like

EDIT: Rule does not apply to Gimli as he has real life friends.... best you'll get out of him is an ole wave in the tower :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Done - Test

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Does anyone on xb1 want to do a VoG normal mode after 6 tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

awec wrote: »
    Does anyone on xb1 want to do a VoG normal mode after 6 tonight?

Would love to, but it depends if the missus will let me :o

Add me and my friend "shazam mcg" and if it doesn't happen tonight, we could do it over the weekend. I'm level 31 (Warlock and Titan) and she's just reached 27 (Hunter) and we've both never run VoG.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Can you view sigs on the touch site? I've got view sigs ticked in my user CP and can see them on the desktop version. Just not on the touch version.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Would love to, but it depends if the missus will let me :o

Add me and my friend "shazam mcg" and if it doesn't happen tonight, we could do it over the weekend. I'm level 31 (Warlock and Titan) and she's just reached 27 (Hunter) and we've both never run VoG.

I can be available for about 8. Gamer tag is CANTO CGI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Does everyone else feel that the dailys since the DLC drop has been disproportionately in favour of the new DLC missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Does everyone else feel that the dailys since the DLC drop has been disproportionately in favour of the new DLC missions?

Yep. Refusing to save Rasputin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yep. Refusing to save Rasputin today.

But...what about the darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

dudeeile wrote: »
    But...what about the darkness?

They're doing a pub tour, should keep them out of the way.

They're doing a pub tour, should keep them out of the way.

Tour or crawl, either way all good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Just a GENTLE reminder that "enabling signatures" when viewing threads and Adding your PSN ID / XBOX GT in your signature would be VERY beneficial

Just realised I never added a signature here, fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If any of the regular crew would like to give me a hand with the "THORN" bounty tonight plz giz a shout......grassy ass!

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If any of the regular crew would like to give me a hand with the "THORN" bounty tonight plz giz a shout......grassy ass!

I'm not on tonight unfortunately just asking if this is Crucible or Xyor section.

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

anyone want to do nightfall right now on xb1?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Finally beat Crota, got the Scout Rifle, looks sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Cormac,
    I've enabled sigs, but can't leave my sig at the end of the post.
    I think my post count is too low, how many do I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Would like to get the Weekly done now if anyone wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Would like to get the Weekly done now if anyone wants to join.

PS4? If so, I'll join. PSN: calvinleong

Also, what level would you guys recommend for running VoG?

Also, what level would you guys recommend for running VoG?

VOG normal is level 26 but having 2 or 3 players who are level 28+ would make it a lot easier to breeze through.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,487 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I dunno how people are getting along with Crota but we managed to do it in a way that doesn't involve any specific exotics really.

We had a 5 man DPS team and me with the sword. I was a bladedancer with invisibility, longer invisibility and blink striking an enemy makes me invisible.

After clearing out the first room we all jumped to the middle ledge (other side of the glass), from here the DPS team took the sword bearer down to low health then I ran down and rocketed him. I then pick up the sword and run whichever side is more clear, jumping on the ledge to the side and slightly beneath Crota. Once invisible I'd give the call and jump us as the DPS team would rocket Crota, bringing his shield down immediately. After 3 hits I'd drop the sword, quickly melee Crota to regain my invisibility before he notices me, the DPS team would go again and I'd go for another 3 hits before fleeing. Then everyone ran back inside the room to wait for Crota to go middle again. Once he went middle again we did the same then back to the room. We dealth with the Ogres from the stairs then ran the same strat again with the 3rd sword which should kill him.

On the damage/oversoul: We counted 14 before he hit oversoul, so in the first two swords you can only do 3x3 and 1x4, then finish him with the 3rd sword.

Also by sword I mean swordbearer run, we were using the sword twice each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Was listening to some of my guys trying to kill Crota last night. They were at it a while and tempers were becoming frayed. Some of them had seen videos and no-one was listening to the one guy who'd actually done it. It all boiled over when one of them, who'd never done the sword on normal, decided he wanted a shot. Had to mute myself so they wouldn't hear me laughing.

Best way I've seen is to have a defender put down a bubble on the sides to protect the sword guy. Fair play to you Adam for doing it without that protection.

Consensus is Xur will bring the Suros or Red Death today to help with the heath regain. I have my doubts but also have 2 Suros' and 2 Red Deaths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Bungie said Xur sold 1,143,320 Ice Breakers last weekend, to the value of 19,436,440 coins - or the equivalent of 2,159,604 Weekly Heroic Strikes on the highest level of difficulty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement