Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Benzino wrote: »
    Yeah we had a smooth run too, a couple died but no wipes at all. Also got the universal remote (and like a fifth fatebringer) from the chest, so a pretty good return from VoG. I do find it hilarious how some people keep getting the vex while the rest of us struggle on.

We nearly took down crota on hard also, that raid has been disappointing, nothing but shards so far. Gonna have to give it one last go tonight.

I think I prefer VoG over Crota, although the abyss is a lot of fun, hunter invisibility ftw.

I know guys that have sunk tonnes of hours in and still don't have certain guns - monte carlo and hawkmoon in particular (myself included)
    Crota was good to me this week got an auto rifle but on the bridge part I really wanted the chestplate for my Warlock and it dropped. Sad to say I went beserk. He's joining the level 32 ranks this week :)
    Got a second set of gloves for the titan and the damn things are better than the ones I have - there's 21 radiant shards down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I know guys that have sunk tonnes of hours in and still don't have certain guns - monte carlo and hawkmoon in particular (myself included)
    Crota was good to me this week got an auto rifle but on the bridge part I really wanted the chestplate for my Warlock and it dropped. Sad to say I went beserk. He's joining the level 32 ranks this week :)
    Got a second set of gloves for the titan and the damn things are better than the ones I have - there's 21 radiant shards down the drain

Same here, would love the Hawkmoon in particular. I remember when I was a Destiny noob and shunned Hand Cannons for the clearly superior Auto Rifles. Then Fatebringer dropped...

Yeah Fatebringer is awesome in PvE. Got the Chance from a Nightfall. Bohrio was banging on about it recently and I can see why. Didn't get the extended mags for it though.
    Got an arc trolley problem fusion as well. Only 4 rounds in a clip but the impact is unreal. Thing's going to be monster in the Crucible. If only it had been void :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,227 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got the Chosen sniper rifle at the weekend. PIECE OF CRAP.

It has an amazing sounding perk:

"Kills with this weapon grant bonus reserve ammo"

This is an irritating lie. It should read "SOME kills with this weapon MIGHT grant bonus reserve ammo, maybe"

Thought it was going to be an amazing sniper rifle, but the fact the perk isn't as it says ruins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Yeah Fatebringer is awesome in PvE. Got the Chance from a Nightfall. Bohrio was banging on about it recently and I can see why. Didn't get the extended mags for it though.
    Got an arc trolley problem fusion as well. Only 4 rounds in a clip but the impact is unreal. Thing's going to be monster in the Crucible. If only it had been void :(

I have a void trolley problem with extended clips maxed out, i flew through the crucible bounties for thorn and bad juju with it.

• Advertisement

Mcsirl wrote: »
    I have a void trolley problem with extended clips maxed out, i flew through the crucible bounties for thorn and bad juju with it.

No game instills jealousy quite like Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

Jumped in on the final fight of Crota's End NM last night. First time doing it, and it went well. Plenty of experienced guys in the Fireteam, so after 3-4 tries we had him beat.

Got the "Suros Regime" at the end. Seems a good gun.

It must be only just over a week ago I was desperately trying to pick up a decent Legendary weapon to compliment my fully upgraded "Up for Anything", now I've got the "Suros" "Hawkmoon" and "Icebreaker".

Could really use a nice Legendary or Exotic Heavy weapon - still lugging around a rare rocket-launcher and machine gun.

Jumped in on the final fight of Crota's End NM last night. First time doing it, and it went well. Plenty of experienced guys in the Fireteam, so after 3-4 tries we had him beat.

It must be only just over a week ago I was desperately trying to pick up a decent Legendary weapon to compliment my fully upgraded "Up for Anything", now I've got the "Suros" "Hawkmoon" and "Icebreaker".

Could really use a nice Legendary or Exotic Heavy weapon - still lugging around a rare rocket-launcher and machine gun.

My favourite gun in the game. It's brilliant in PvP and PvE.

My favourite gun in the game. It's brilliant in PvP and PvE.

Oh cool. I loved Up for Anything, and I really like the kick off it - seems like it'll be savage when I level up the damage.

Just remembered I got Suros on the penultimate fight on CE, and it was "Swordbreaker" I got at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

What would people say is the best Hand Cannon?, I have Fatebringer and I find it hard to stray away from.Also have the last word and another one that has 1919 at the end of it . Must do that thorn bounty as well

• Advertisement

Really want this gun, only gun left that i want ..... and maybe the CE Hard mode autorifle :(

What would people say is the best Hand Cannon?, I have Fatebringer and I find it hard to stray away from.Also have the last word and another one that has 1919 at the end of it . Must do that thorn bounty as well

Fatebringer's probably still the best in PvE. They really should let us 331 it though.
    Hawkmoon and Thorn seem to be the best for PvP.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Fatebringer's probably still the best in PvE. They really should let us 331 it though.
    Hawkmoon and Thorn seem to be the best for PvP.

The Last Word is the best for PvP I would have thought.

Mickeroo wrote: »

Sorry, should have qualified my comment. I don't play a lot of PvP and never use hand cannons in it. I'm going by what friends tell me. TLW has range issues..... apparently but yes it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Would love the Fatebringer but have recently levelled up the TFWPKY 1969 and it has replaced my old reliable Devil You Know. Explosive rounds make a big difference.

Also have the Thorn bounty to complete sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Thorn has the burn damage.
    Hawkmoon has a ridiculously big clip.
    TLW has no recoil.

Hard to choose one over another really, I generally use Hawkmoon for the clip though.

bucks73 wrote: »
    Would love the Fatebringer but have recently levelled up the TFWPKY 1969 and it has replaced my old reliable Devil You Know. Explosive rounds make a big difference.

Also have the Thorn bounty to complete sometime.

Highly recommend completing the thorn bounty, never used hand cannons before I got the chance and then fatebringer , but thorn in my opinion is better than both but obviously it's situational and fatebringer has firefly rounds which are nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Highly recommend completing the thorn bounty, never used hand cannons before I got the chance and then fatebringer , but thorn in my opinion is better than both but obviously it's situational and fatebringer has firefly rounds which are nice

I have all of them but thorn and fatebringer still comes up first. Specially on nightfalls with arc burn or situation where a lot of enemies are involved (like thralls etc).

However, hakwmoon even though it doesnt have any elemental damage holds pretty well against shielded enemies, my main drawback is that I ran out of bullets very quickly (specially when jugler is on)

The new raid gun looks good but I dont think it will be better than fatebringer.

I like using the chance, it is normally my preference in CE, it can take down most enemies with one shot.

So I would say in order

1 FB
    2 Hawkmoon
    3 The Chance
    4 Word of Crota (possibly depending on how it works when fully maxed out)

I need to complete the thorn bounty soon though we will see then

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Mickeroo wrote: »

Definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Oh cool. I loved Up for Anything, and I really like the kick off it - seems like it'll be savage when I level up the damage.

Just remembered I got Suros on the penultimate fight on CE, and it was "Swordbreaker" I got at the end.

Pretty sure you jumped in on ours and must have jumped in on the Crota fight elsewhere because a couple had to jump off because it was getting late. Mikiemax was your GT? Because that's who got Suros frpm deathsinger on ours.

That was our first time trying Crota and we fairly blazed through it up to Deathsinger. Deathsinger we got done in a couple of wipes. We had been trying with 5 up until that point and the extra one made the difference.

We did pretty well for 5 blind newbs trying to figure out strategies and I can't help but feeling that VOG NM was harder when we first did it. Maybe we just had better weapons. We'll give Crota a good go tonight but I don't think it'll take long as long as we can all afford a few heavy ammo synths. Glimmer is getting scarce for me these days.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure you jumped in on ours and must have jumped in on the Crota fight elsewhere because a couple had to jump off because it was getting late. Mikiemax was your GT? Because that's who got Suros frpm deathsinger on ours.

That was our first time trying Crota and we fairly blazed through it up to Deathsinger. Deathsinger we got done in a couple of wipes. We had been trying with 5 up until that point and the extra one made the difference.

We did pretty well for 5 blind newbs trying to figure out strategies and I can't help but feeling that VOG NM was harder when we first did it. Maybe we just had better weapons. We'll give Crota a good go tonight but I don't think it'll take long as long as we can all afford a few heavy ammo synths. Glimmer is getting scarce for me these days.

Yep that's right. I actually did it backwards a little though, because I had jumped in on the End with a group of americans and finished that - got the "Swordbreaker" shotgun - then about a half hour later jumped in to your team doing the Deathsinger, and then I got the "Suros"

Well hopefully we'll be able to get together again for some more raids. What's your PSN?

I still have some issues with my connection which gets really annoying - when I can hear only 2-3 players from the Fireteam, so I need to sort that out.

I need to do the VoG alot still to get more Ascendant Shards (I think they're got from that Raid right?)

Also sorry about trying to explain badly how we killed Crota in the first group. It seemed pretty straightforward at the time, but I don't remember being concerned about the Large Green thing in the middle so I don't know what was different.

At first we spent some time trying to do it from the lower centre tunnel, and that had been going well, then 1 guy dropped out, and one of the other teams buddies jumped in and he said we could do it like they did in Hard Mode - which is why we all went to the centre ledge. We we're supposed to move to the right tower to kill the Ogres (I would have just followed and gone invisible if necessary if I got lost or in trouble) but we ended up having him dead before the Ogres came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

CE HM is ridiculously easy up until Crota, who is rather difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    CE HM is ridiculously easy up until Crota, who is rather difficult.

Umm, thats interesting

I find the bridge more difficult as it requires everyone to know what they are doing (or use the sword) and it is hard for people to stay alive (specially randoms), I mean, Gerard did the bridge the other day on his own (we were only 4) but it was a lot of hard work (not everyone would be able to do this alone) he was pretty impressive killing everything on his own

Crota "just" requires a good swordbearer and one more person to tell everyone what to do... not saying it is easy though it just requires a bit of practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm not fussed about beating Crota several times a week on Hard.... cause there's nothing else to be doing really for 6 more weeks.

I'm just gonna try do the Abyss on Hard, see if we can get the Bridge/Thrallway done on Hard in a reasonable time, maybe try the death singer on Hard and do Crota on normal..... The guns seem only so-so for the most part (Necrochasm aside) and I'm moving house this week so spending 6 hours on a Hard Raid is not for me...

Baby steps to stretch the content out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Not sure if this address has been posted before but worth a look to compare weapons: http://www.destinydb.com/items, I sort by stability and if the rest of the numbers compare favourably for other weapons in that class then I'll keep it.

For the last week I've been using it to track my rare finds and so far I've collected a couple of weapons roughly top 5 in their class, got a sweet scout rifle although its only got the Take a Knee perk so I will be on the lookout for a better version. These are fast and REALLY cheap to max out and their attack stat doesn't matter in regular crucible. I usually opt for Suros Regime for PVP but last night I gave this scout a whirl and was really surprised by it's effectiveness. This could be a really viable option for people struggling to get good legendary or exotic drops, it also looks pretty cool to only be rocking rare weapons if someone looks at why you've just wasted them a couple of times.

Edit: I suppose stability is really only the major factor for primary and heavy machine guns with our factors more appropriate for different classes, rocket launchers could be velocity/blast radius/reload etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,227 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'm not fussed about beating Crota several times a week on Hard.... cause there's nothing else to be doing really for 6 more weeks.

I'm just gonna try do the Abyss on Hard, see if we can get the Bridge/Thrallway done on Hard in a reasonable time, maybe try the death singer on Hard and do Crota on normal..... The guns seem only so-so for the most part (Necrochasm aside) and I'm moving house this week so spending 6 hours on a Hard Raid is not for me...

Baby steps to stretch the content out :)

I want the Scout Rifle off Crota so I need to beat him on hard. Was thinking of doing it the other way around though. Running it on normal up to Crota then using the checkpoint to attempt Crota on hard.

Already have the auto rifle and pulse rifle so the Crota drops are the only hard ones I want now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I want the Scout Rifle off Crota so I need to beat him on hard. Was thinking of doing it the other way around though. Running it on normal up to Crota then using the checkpoint to attempt Crota on hard.

Already have the auto rifle and pulse rifle so the Crota drops are the only hard ones I want now.

Maybe I'll change my tune once I actually get ANY of the primaries..... but to be fair the Abyss on Hard is grand using out new patented grenade technique :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

I was having a torrid time on the bridge the other day, Gatekeeper doing the 'ole no stagger when I was hitting him and two shotting me in due course. Very annoying.

HM raid has been a singularly unrewarding event so far, have received nothing new at all. Hoping to finish Crota tonight.

Sorry about the Vault there last night, had family stuff to deal with and had to bail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Cormac... wrote: »
    see if we can get the Bridge/Thrallway done on Hard in a reasonable time

Hopefully it doesn't kick us back to start after killing the Ogres like last time. That was so annoying.

• Advertisement

Anyone on for doing VoG normal later? I think I have the final checkpoint but I'm happy to do the whole raid (think I might have missed the first chest too) maybe about 7.30 or 8

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement