Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

dudeeile wrote: »
    Edit: Rank up the Vanguard and Crucible boys before one of the factions, once you hit level 3 on both of these then start again with the factions but only if you play a bit of Crucible.

Thanks for all the advice, I had one of the faction things equipped and forgot about it and only realised 2 weeks ago that I wasnt getting vanguard xp because it was on. Wasted time but lesson learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Steve I'd suggest you use Bad JuJu with your Obsidian Mind. They work really well together and help get your super quicker.

That's the plan! I just finished upgrading OM last night. I had Bad Juju almost fully upgraded, but then I did the bounty again to get the 331 damage version which I'm working on now.

Cormac, yeah I corrected myself in a later post. I was getting Up for Anything confused with Payback SOS as they are both Vanguard weapons. Up for Anything is not a bad Auto Rifle. Very useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

It's been raining low impact cute rifles ever since the DLC dropped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Cormac... wrote: »
    Up for Anything is not a Low Impact Auto Rifle, It's Medium Impact.
    I've gotten 3 of them and 2 of them rolled with Radar stays active while Aiming down sights.

I don't have one myself so if you've gotten 3 of them you'll be the better placed to judge. I was going on the weapon stats on destiny db.

destinydb_up-for-anything

I think the general advice still holds and if it suits your style of play and it has decent perks then it is worth upgrading. If its a stop gap to something else then save the energies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭littlemac1980

dudeeile wrote: »
    Yea got that which is nice and mine also has reactive reload, reloads after kills causes bonus damage and third eye, the radar stays active while ADS.

I've got "Spray and Play" - which increases the reload speed when the mag is empty, and "Glass Half Full" - which boosts damage for the bottom half mag.

That effectively means I have 28 bullets with bonus damage, and can usually empty the mag of 56 including the bonus damage 28 without worrying too much because the reload speed is very quick.

Ahhh... I can't wait to finish work today and blast some vex with this gun. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Just incease other people need some handy sites:

http://destinypublicevents.com/ - times and locations of Public events on Earth, Moon, Venus and Mars. The times aren't 100% accurate for me though, I generally find the event starts 5 minutes after its due time, might be a region issue. Very good for public event bounties.

http://xurday.com/ - what Xur is currently selling in the tower - will be up to date within 10mins or so of his arrival, apparently.

http://destinystatus.com/ - as in posts above. Shows your current rank with various vendors and that kind of thing. Best part, imo, is it highlights what you have done in the week (Weekly, Nightfall and Raid completions).

DestinyLFG.net and DestinyLFG.com. Two 'Looking for Group' sites. Helps to find a couple of people for your raid, or put your name forward to join a group. I've had mixed success with regards the competence and manners of the groups of joined. Generally been grand.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/ - a bit tough to read reddit, but you can find some usefull advice and funny Destiny stories on here.

Don't forget http://destinyghosthunter.net which tells you which ghosts you are missing and where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Where do you find what perks your weapons have

• Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So - predication time people. What will the hard mode have in store for us?

In VoG:
    Opening area was exactly the same, felt a bit easier to be honest!
    No revives
    Twice as many oracles in the oracle and templar parts - was the detain bubble in the normal mode at templar?
    Gorgan maze had more gorgans and different patrol paths.
    Atheon had detain bubbles for the 3 that didn't teleport.

According to Bungie we are going to have less options for health regen and we are going to have to look after each other more.

So, I would guess at no revives. I reckon the opening part would be fine for this if the difficulty isn't bumped - we can get to the platform without dying a decent amount of our attempts. Bridge would be more difficult without revives, if the level is bumped and as you assume it will be. Staying alive either side without full numbers won't be easy. Deathsinger will become a horrid nightmare without revives at a higher level. If the mechanics of Crota remain the same it shouldn't be much of a problem without revives.

So.... Anyone guessing at changes to the mechanics of the Raid for hard mode, maybe similar to intro of detain bubbles at Atheon.

Will we need to stand on the platforms that Crota moves to if you get an oversoul - or in order to damage him at all? I could see a Gatekeeper fella (from the Bridge) coming out when you take out the sword bearer.

Detain Bubble was in Normal Templar but not Normal Atheon.

I would say:
    Acolytes will be Majors.
    Lamps will stay active for shorter time periods
    No revives in any section full stop.
    More Oversouls (the armour seems to have perks for that more than is necessary), maybe on a timer.
    Some change to the Swordbearer/Chalice mechanics.
    Something to do with those "plates" in the Crota fight, maybe he can only be DPS'd while standing on them
    Croata himself will be 33, everything else will be 32.

All in all I would say 90% of it will be the same but harder if that makes sense, they won't reinvent the wheel, they've already moved onto working on how to stop he HoW Raid being solo-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So - predication time people. What will the hard mode have in store for us?

In VoG:
    Opening area was exactly the same, felt a bit easier to be honest!
    No revives
    Twice as many oracles in the oracle and templar parts - was the detain bubble in the normal mode at templar?
    Gorgan maze had more gorgans and different patrol paths.
    Atheon had detain bubbles for the 3 that didn't teleport.

According to Bungie we are going to have less options for health regen and we are going to have to look after each other more.

So, I would guess at no revives. I reckon the opening part would be fine for this if the difficulty isn't bumped - we can get to the platform without dying a decent amount of our attempts. Bridge would be more difficult without revives, if the level is bumped and as you assume it will be. Staying alive either side without full numbers won't be easy. Deathsinger will become a horrid nightmare without revives at a higher level. If the mechanics of Crota remain the same it shouldn't be much of a problem without revives.

So.... Anyone guessing at changes to the mechanics of the Raid for hard mode, maybe similar to intro of detain bubbles at Atheon.

Will we need to stand on the platforms that Crota moves to if you get an oversoul - or in order to damage him at all? I could see a Gatekeeper fella (from the Bridge) coming out when you take out the sword bearer.

They also said things will be angrier, so expect the Thralls to not run away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,432 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Where do you find what perks your weapons have

Hover over the weapon, click triange (on PS4) whatever the details button is. You will see the weapon perks and stats.

You will see images like the following:

335909.jpg

Blue weapons have a couple of perks. Purple (Legendary) and Gold (Exotic) will have a set similar to the above image.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Trying to get home from work for 6 to race this, rest of our normal 6 will be there so pressures on me to be back! First time I've been looking forward to playing Destiny in a while, better not be a let down!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I am yet to get my first legendary/exotic item..level 23 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Ran 3 nightfalls and 2 Heroics this morning when I came in from work, Got 3 legendary shotguns that I sharded, The Armamentariun and finally the Gallahorn, only got 5 hours sleep though and back in work again tonight, but was worth it.

One Heroic left and then 6 Raids to do, hopefully will get some of them done Friday day

IT'S ON!!!!!

Noe this is not me this time, so more drunk sh!t talking in this one :D

http://www.twitch.tv/itsdatto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Ran 3 nightfalls and 2 Heroics this morning when I came in from work, Got 3 legendary shotguns that I sharded, The Armamentariun and finally the Gallahorn, only got 5 hours sleep though and back in work again tonight, but was worth it.

One Heroic left and then 6 Raids to do, hopefully will get some of them done Friday day"

I was just reading that... what do you mean finally? I have been playing this game for over 1000 hours and still the gjallahorn is no where to be seen!!!!

http://www.twitch.tv/noddy__

if anyone wants to watch our attempt

edit: got pulse rifle, looks ****!

Hard Mode Differences:

Phase 1: Thrall Abyss
    Hollowed Thralls Level 33
    No Respawns
    Oversoul Edict (pulse rifle) Confirmed drop

Phase 2: The Bridge
    No Major Gameplay differences
    Level 33 Enemies
    Abyss Defiant (auto rifle) Confirmed drop

Phase 3: The Thrallway
    Level 33 enemies
    Shriekers will respawn, the hallway must be done quickly

Phase 4: The Deathsinger
    Level 33 enemies
    No other major differences
    No rewards if already completed on normal mode

Phase 5: Crota

Level 33 enemies
    Knights are majors in the initial hallway (yellow HP bars)
    No chalice (no healing)
    Boomers are yellow bar as well
    A yellow wizard spawns next to crota to protect him each time he is downed, you will have to take this wizard down to help your sword bearer
    There is a gatekeeper that spawns down below

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Complete noob here. Well maybe not complete... I've finished the game and am level 19.

What kind of stuff should I be paying attention to, so I can get to 30? I've only been playing patrol a bunch, but keep overhearing about dailies and weeklies and I don't know where to start. Any advice for getting to 30?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hard Mode Differences:

Phase 1: Thrall Abyss
    Hollowed Thralls Level 33
    No Respawns
    Oversoul Edict (pulse rifle) Confirmed drop

Phase 2: The Bridge
    No Major Gameplay differences
    Level 33 Enemies
    Abyss Defiant (auto rifle) Confirmed drop

Phase 3: The Thrallway
    Level 33 enemies
    Shriekers will respawn, the hallway must be done quickly

Phase 4: The Deathsinger
    Level 33 enemies
    No other major differences
    No rewards if already completed on normal mode

Phase 5: Crota

Level 33 enemies
    Knights are majors in the initial hallway (yellow HP bars)
    No chalice (no healing)
    Boomers are yellow bar as well
    A yellow wizard spawns next to crota to protect him each time he is downed, you will have to take this wizard down to help your sword bearer
    There is a gatekeeper that spawns down below

Doesn't seem too bad except for Crota, that sound like it could get messy quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Have you guys run it already?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Anyone got the gun "The Saterine Rapier" ? How did you get it and is it any use ? A lot of the high lvl guys seem to be using this or the vex for hard raid.

Have you guys run it already?

No, will be running it in about an hour or so. Might be some spaces as we only have 3 people confirmed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

No, will be running it in about an hour or so. Might be some spaces as we only have 3 people confirmed at the moment.

Sweet, should be on so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I am yet to get my first legendary/exotic item..level 23 :(

Don't fret :) They'll come. I was where you were a week and a half ago. Got 3 legendary weapons yesterday alone and dismantled all of them.

Keep plugging away. The apples will fall.

But be warned - never what you really want or need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

quad_red wrote: »
    Don't fret :) They'll come. I was where you were a week and a half ago. Got 3 legendary weapons yesterday alone and dismantled all of them.

Keep plugging away. The apples will fall.

But be warned - never what you really want or need.

Just got my first legendary engram during the daily heroic..two to the morgue shotgun from it, looks decent :P

Health regen perks are huge for Crota, no respawns OR health regen. Boomer dutys a bitch too, they take 4/5 headshots.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Still need anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Been at the raid since 6, breezed to Crota and been stuck there since. Got the pulse rifle, doesn't seem that great but I'll upgrade it to see how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,969 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

AdamD wrote: »
    Health regen perks are huge for Crota, no respawns OR health regen. Boomer dutys a bitch too, they take 4/5 headshots.

Use armour with perks that regent health when orbs are picked up. Really handy to keep people alive !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement