Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny (Bungie)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads there are 3 or 4 of us that are doing the THORN bounty tonite in the Crucible to cheese it. Anyone welcome at about 9 bells.

Message me when you are in man ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

lvl 25 now, finally got vanguard rank 2 and bought a legendary gauntlet. Think VoG could be doable at my level?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

lvl 25 now, finally got vanguard rank 2 and bought a legendary gauntlet. Think VoG could be doable at my level?

Should have left the gauntlets. You get a pair of light 33 for doing the DLC issions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I've been going mad at the trying to get to LV25, I've gotten no drops with light higher than 15 for about two weeks. :(
    Vangaurd grinding to buy legendary stuff but it's driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Should have left the gauntlets. You get a pair of light 33 for doing the DLC issions.

ah ****e :pac: oh well, ill stick with these for a bit, will do me grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CianRyan wrote: »
    I've been going mad at the trying to get to LV25, I've gotten no drops with light higher than 15 for about two weeks. :(
    Vangaurd grinding to buy legendary stuff but it's driving me nuts.

I went with a faction and both crucible and vanguard marks went towards the faction so I ranked faster. Only found out recently about it and I've a level 31 hunter now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Blazer wrote: »
    I went with a faction and both crucible and vanguard marks went towards the faction so I ranked faster. Only found out recently about it and I've a level 31 hunter now :)

I got a FWC cloak the other day, I thought it ranked you faster in the faction and stopped on vangaurd and Crucible so I took it off... Feck. :P

Sound though, I'll put it back to work later. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

Hey Porphy we've just beaten Crota and got the hand cannon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

CianRyan wrote: »
    I got a FWC cloak the other day, I thought it ranked you faster in the faction and stopped on vangaurd and Crucible so I took it off... Feck. :P

Sound though, I'll put it back to work later. Haha
    It does...all the experience points you get from doing bounties etc all instead go towards the faction so it's easier to get that first bit of legendary gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I've had something like five warlock legendary items drop from blue engrams in the last three weeks. Add to that two exotic engrams that dropped warlock items and I decided it was time to level up a warlock.

So ... now ... like a muppet I'm grinding out a warlock to level 20 (level 18 as of 9am this morning), which will instantly go to level 24/25 as soon as I stick all the gear on.

But ... screw you Cryptarch! Now you won't be able to drop any more useless gear on me! Have at you swine!!!

That has meant little or no raiding for me this weekend though.

• Advertisement

thebag89 wrote: »
    Hey Porphy we've just beaten Crota and got the hand cannon :)

Did it take you long after ?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭thebag89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did it take you long after ?

We stayed on the left and just kept putting titan bubbles over the boomers. I think it took about an hour to get right

We stayed on the left and just kept putting titan bubbles over the boomers. I think it took about an hour to get right

Over both ? I couldn't get on last night. Apparently I spend to much time playing Xbox :/

Nicely done!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

7049a4cb20813e03bad61cb2757a7b78.png

Its just so beautiful

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,181 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Two man job:

Looks more straight forward than the 6 man strategies I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

AdamD wrote: »
    7049a4cb20813e03bad61cb2757a7b78.png

Its just so beautiful

See your 3 and raise you another 3

xbox.png

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

That's ****ing insane

edit: the 2 manning Crota

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

If a Gate Lord is 3 storeys tall. How tall are guardians?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If a Gate Lord is 3 storeys tall. How tall are guardians?

Well walk over and stand beside one and let us know m8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Anyone fancy doing a crucible cheesing session on XB1 tomorrow night around 9?

Have to get a 25KD ratio to get invective from Ikora Ray and I just won't enjoy putting the hours into the crucible to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Finally got the Vex, class weapon!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

quad_red wrote: »

Have to get a 25KD ratio to get invective from Ikora Ray and I just won't enjoy putting the hours into the crucible to get it.

That doesn't work the way you think. You don't need to go 25/1 to get it. Each kill and assist count as one. Each deaths count as negative 1. So if you keep getting a kill and an assist per death you'll have it done in a round, maybe two

Quad - you just need to be ahead on kills, not to have a 25:1 kill:death ratio.

First time I did invective it was a pain (I was fairly new to crucible), but second time I did it in a few matches. If we head into Crucible and work at it shouldn't take too long - I can concentrate on keeping you alive while you score kills

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Bohrio wrote: »
    See your 3 and raise you another 3

xbox.png

;)

Trust Cars to find you. He's the best PvE player from our group by a distance. You guys in a secret cult or something?

Benzino wrote: »
    Finally got the Vex, class weapon!

Did the VOG yesterday and it went surprisingly smoothly. I tend to be the weak link but didn't put a foot wrong. At the Oracles three of us went down and I was to put it modestly "heroic".
    The Destiny gods were obviously happy 'cos they gave me 2 Vex's. Now I have one for each character and a spare.

Yeah Invective is pretty ok. I'm average at best and got it in two games. Also played one game of MP with the Warlock and the Thorn bounty went to 52. I really need to finish off that bounty. I have 9 exotic bounties on the go (including 3 Thorns) mostly stuck on the MP because I don't play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

I got my Thorn and Bad JuJu leveled up over the weekend. Thorn is brilliant, you can 1 shot most enemies. BadJuJu im not gone on, the ammo refill is ok but the damage output is quite low so seems to take most of a clip to kill a lvl 30 enemy uness its thrall.

Have the Invective crucible part to do also, but only doing it so i can get an exotic shard from it as i dont use the shotguns at all. Should be on tonight aroung 9-10 and will give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Quad - you just need to be ahead on kills, not to have a 25:1 kill:death ratio.

First time I did invective it was a pain (I was fairly new to crucible), but second time I did it in a few matches. If we head into Crucible and work at it shouldn't take too long - I can concentrate on keeping you alive while you score kills

Hold your horses, Kevin Costner!! :) Any attempt at a bodyguard move would backfire spectacularly for all concerned. But all support in TFC* is most appreciated.

(The f**king crucible)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did the VOG yesterday and it went surprisingly smoothly. I tend to be the weak link but didn't put a foot wrong. At the Oracles three of us went down and I was to put it modestly "heroic".
    The Destiny gods were obviously happy 'cos they gave me 2 Vex's. Now I have one for each character and a spare.

Yeah we had a smooth run too, a couple died but no wipes at all. Also got the universal remote (and like a fifth fatebringer) from the chest, so a pretty good return from VoG. I do find it hilarious how some people keep getting the vex while the rest of us struggle on.

We nearly took down crota on hard also, that raid has been disappointing, nothing but shards so far. Gonna have to give it one last go tonight.

I think I prefer VoG over Crota, although the abyss is a lot of fun, hunter invisibility ftw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement