Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Got my POE!! it took ecactly 15 days :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Cream Bun wrote: »

congrats, when you planning on leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

So, I put down Ontario as my port of entry earlier on the flight. However I've a friend in Montreal who I was hoping to meet up with and now can. Will it matter if I try to enter at Montreal instead? It seems like it shouldn't matter at all as long as I have the required documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    So, I put down Ontario as my port of entry earlier on the flight. However I've a friend in Montreal who I was hoping to meet up with and now can. Will it matter if I try to enter at Montreal instead? It seems like it shouldn't matter at all as long as I have the required documentation.

it doesn't matter at all. they don't have a specific port of entry on the LOI :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

So, I submitted my MyCIC application on Paddy's Day, and still haven't received a message of confirmation or application 'W' number.
    It just says my application has been completed and submitted, but nothing else.

Seems a bit weird that I haven't heard anything else from them, seeing as someone else I know got their message with W number within an hour of applying. I know the process has been completely arbitrary since the iKompass section, so was wondering, is anyone else in the same boat?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Cream Bun wrote: »
    nice 1 cream bun, did you submit yours on the 7th, thats when i submitted mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1 2MoreYears

Hi there,
    I am trying to upload the IMM5710 Application form. I am getting the following error message:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.
    I have gone through the "Modify My Answers" section to see if the dates match and they do. This is one of the last things I have to upload. Has anyone else come across this problem??

I have tried removing the end date in the Current Country of Residence to no avail(another user recommonded this)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Anyone waiting since before Feb 11th that submitted all CIC and heard nothing?
    I submitted all my stuff and haven't heard a thing, here since July so guessing I will need a canadian police certificate but people that submitted a month after me are getting their LOI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

i see some people have il 2015 to enter and some 2014, whats the story with this

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

i see some people have il 2015 to enter and some 2014, whats the story with this

Somebody said it was a mistake that was made giving 2 years to enter with some of the earlier applications. I don't know if that's correct or not. Me and my boyfriend got 2 years to enter on ours. They were issued from Alberta on 27/02/13. Well be going this year so makes no odds to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

Lima Golf wrote: »
    Somebody said it was a mistake that was made giving 2 years to enter with some of the earlier applications. I don't know if that's correct or not. Me and my boyfriend got 2 years to enter on ours. They were issued from Alberta on 27/02/13. Well be going this year so makes no odds to us.

ive got 2 years too, where does it say where it was issued from?

edit sorry, mine is alberta also

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

2MoreYears wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I am trying to upload the IMM5710 Application form. I am getting the following error message:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.
    I have gone through the "Modify My Answers" section to see if the dates match and they do. This is one of the last things I have to upload. Has anyone else come across this problem??

I have tried removing the end date in the Current Country of Residence to no avail(another user recommonded this)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I had this problem too. I know that this might sound really annoying but the only thing that worked for me was reloading the blank form and then filling out all the fields that didn't blank out, even with just an "n/a"
    if necessary. Then (and this seemed to be the important bit) I applied a digital signature to the document by clicking the sort of warning message that appears at the top of the document when you open it in adobe reader. The program should talk you through the digital signature process.

Once that is all done ONLY THEN SHOULD YOU VALIDATE THE FORM. For some reason this effects the generated QR codes at the bottom of the form in a way which subsequently rectifying the problem cannot. I really hope this is helpful mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Lima Golf wrote: »
    ive got 2 years too, where does it say where it was issued from?

edit sorry, mine is alberta also

Ours say 2014 also. A lot of the early ones issued got 2years to use them, then later people were reporting that they only got 1year. And ours are also issued from Alberta!!

So to be honest, I think it really is luck of the draw! There's no constant definite as to how the 2years came about, and some people are still getting 2years, but they don't know why.

Other things could be that we participated in the IEC when it was SWAP/USIT, so that could be a reason we only got 1year to validate - also, we're over 30, that could be another reason - yet we wouldn't turn 36 within the time frame of the visa anyway! So it's just hard to know why!!

I know it doesn't really answer your question, but I just posted to show the variability doesn't seem to be linked to one particular factor that would give you 1 or 2 years to validate the visa! confused.pngsmile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

jenniem01 wrote: »
    I submitted all my stuff and haven't heard a thing, here since July so guessing I will need a canadian police certificate but people that submitted a month after me are getting their LOI.

Yes i've been waiting since Feb 7th. Nothing from CIC at all. I've only found out that my application is in the queue waiting to be assessed in New York. It's now passed the 6 weeks CIC is supposed to process the applications in. I've sent another email to the NY office and I have a local MP who is inquiring on my behalf with CIC.

Extremely frustrating seeing people submit literally a month after me and get theirs processed. IEC I was on previously has expired so have been on a visitor visa for the past 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I also submitted all my documents on the 11th Feb and no word yet. Im starting to get a little bit anxious. I heard on another thread that applications between the 9th and the 14th are taking longer. I dont know how much truth is in that but fingers crossed.

Let me know when you get yours and I will return the favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

a good few got their LOI around the 20th day after applying, so, im hoping this is going to be a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

I also submitted all my documents on the 11th Feb and no word yet. Im starting to get a little bit anxious. I heard on another thread that applications between the 9th and the 14th are taking longer. I dont know how much truth is in that but fingers crossed.

Let me know when you get yours and I will return the favour.

I certainly will, it's bloody ridiculous it should be first come first served basis. I'm thinking it is based on the province. My bro-in-law is going to BC and got his super fast. I'm in Alberta and I think alot of people are coming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Waylander1982

I certainly will, it's bloody ridiculous it should be first come first served basis. I'm thinking it is based on the province. My bro-in-law is going to BC and got his super fast. I'm in Alberta and I think alot of people are coming here.

I will be heading for Vancouver in BC myself. The wait is crazy annoying. There seems to be no system for the order they are processing them. Just have to be patient, keep smiling and resist the urge to freak out............until next week. Then I will be pulling a wobbly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭EvilDead13

I will be heading for Vancouver in BC myself. The wait is crazy annoying. There seems to be no system for the order they are processing them. Just have to be patient, keep smiling and resist the urge to freak out............until next week. Then I will be pulling a wobbly :)

Well maybe they heard my complaining cuz I got an email from the NY office this morning and they say they are now processing my application and it will be finalized shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Gonna bump this.
    Over a week now with no word whatsoever and no messages from CIC after submitting the application. Has this happened to anyone else?? Any input much appreciated, thanks...

So, I submitted my MyCIC application on Paddy's Day, and still haven't received a message of confirmation or application 'W' number.
    It just says my application has been completed and submitted, but nothing else.

Seems a bit weird that I haven't heard anything else from them, seeing as someone else I know got their message with W number within an hour of applying. I know the process has been completely arbitrary since the iKompass section, so was wondering, is anyone else in the same boat?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭pink-mist

I submitted mine feb 15, got an email feb 21st saying i needed to re-upload garda clearence with my middle name. Did that by the start of march and heard nothing for a good while! Just got my Point of entry letter today! It wasn't in my emails either, i had to log into myCIC to see it sitting there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aishling101

Can anyone tell me what is the proof of funds needed for two adults and two children also can you just bring the money with you ready to put in a canadian bank or does it have to be in an irish bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aishling101

I got mine aswell, probley a stupid question but, Can yah just book a one way flight or does it have to be return?

Im finding its nearly more expensive to book a one way flight returns flights seem better value

• Registered Users Posts: 21 REXY2020

I have done the whole thing and have just finished the filling out the forms. I was wondering how do I sign back into myCIC account i can't find it anywhere and do you sign the family Information form? thanks for your help !

REXY2020 wrote: »
    I have done the whole thing and have just finished the filling out the forms. I was wondering how do I sign back into myCIC account i can't find it anywhere and do you sign the family Information form? thanks for your help !

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    register with gckey login first then log into mycic if you haven't already done that or if already registered just click the gckey login if you registered using that one.

you don't really need to sign family form but i did so, there is a online digital signature at end of submitting application on cic.

Thanks a mill mate!

And when I log into the mycic account. how do I find where i have to upload the files. I have done all of it upto that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,780 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mod Note:
    Thread merged into Stage 2 Megathread.

REXY2020 wrote: »
    And when I log into the mycic account. how do I find where i have to upload the files. I have done all of it upto that point.

you do the come to canada wizard to get checklist code which you use to create an application in mycic
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
    make sure to answer all the questions correctly in the come canada wizard.
    also may i ask how did you get the forms to fill out as you said you didn't know where to upload them?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just wondering , im at the final stage before applying for the visa . But ive since got an interview for an possible college course for Sept , so i was wondering if i stop the application process now will that still count as one of my visa chances gone?

Advertisement