Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I didn't need one as I haven't spent more than 6 months in Canada.

I'm sailing very close to the wind with my application.
    I'll be here 6 months on the 18th March.
    Submitted my stage 2 at the beginning of the week.
    Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

I'm pretty sure you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

What, they bloody want a Canadian police cert now! Can someone confirm this or point to where they read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

Guys, you know thw IMM1295 Application, What is the UCI on the number 1 of the application?

Also, after entering "International Experience Canada (Working Holiday)" in details of intended work, its asking the job title ill have over there but I dont have any work sorted? Have I entered something wrong?

Leave the UCI number blank. Write unknown for job title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Just got my POE!!!! :D:D:D:D:D So do I just literally need that when entering Canada or do I need something from the IEC too?

Congrats! You just need to show up with your LOI, proof of funds, and proof of travel insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corwen

Hi there,

Currently on the digital signature stage of the CIC application myself, but I'm holding off on completing it because I haven't been able to check my uploaded documents.

Have others been able to do this or are you simply going ahead with your application? I know it says on the site that they're working on it, but I really don't want to wait any longer than necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prideaspunch

Hi Guys,

I'm already in Canada on the IEC programme since last August.
    I'm a little stumped by the second stage of the Visa application and would be a lost cause without this forum, so thanks to everyone for their valuable input.

I am trying to fill out this years IMM1295 Application, but when I click on the link I am redirected to a page to download Adobe Acrobat reader xi.
    I have already downloaded the reader but am still being redirected to download it again and can't access the IMM1295 form.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Corwen wrote: »
    Hi there,

Currently on the digital signature stage of the CIC application myself, but I'm holding off on completing it because I haven't been able to check my uploaded documents.

Have others been able to do this or are you simply going ahead with your application? I know it says on the site that they're working on it, but I really don't want to wait any longer than necessary.

I was unable to view the docs I had uploaded too, but I was wary as to how long it'll take the 'view' function to work again, so instead I clicked 'modify' on each and it brings you to a page where you can see the name of the file you have uploaded and I just double checked that way that I had the correct file uploaded!! I then clicked 'cancel' instead of uploading a diff file!

Not as good as viewing the docs, bit a close second!! Hope this helps!!

• Advertisement

Is there any way to get my previous application from the CIC website? I cant find any where to log/ sign in?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

shi7zman wrote: »
    Is there any way to get my previous application from the CIC website? I cant find any where to log/ sign in?

not sure what you mean, you sign up with gckey login and use checklist code from come to canada wizard

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

gary27 wrote: »
    not sure what you mean, you sign up with gckey login and use checklist code from come to canada wizard

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Thanks a mill, Apologies been really overwhelmed with the whole process

• Registered Users Posts: 17 13Laura

Yes Prideaspunch I'm at the same stage and can't figure it out, have you managed to figure it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 prideaspunch

13Laura wrote: »
    Yes Prideaspunch I'm at the same stage and can't figure it out, have you managed to figure it out?

Not yet, I have downloaded the Adobe Reader from the link they provide, but each time I try to open the IM1295 it just keeps sending me back to download the player, as if I don't already have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 13Laura

I'll keep you posted if I come up with anything! Would be grateful if you did the same, thanks.

13Laura wrote: »
    I'll keep you posted if I come up with anything! Would be grateful if you did the same, thanks.

try saving form to computer then open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corwen

CatMc48 wrote: »
    I was unable to view the docs I had uploaded too, but I was wary as to how long it'll take the 'view' function to work again, so instead I clicked 'modify' on each and it brings you to a page where you can see the name of the file you have uploaded and I just double checked that way that I had the correct file uploaded!! I then clicked 'cancel' instead of uploading a diff file!

Not as good as viewing the docs, bit a close second!! Hope this helps!!

I'll probably go ahead myself. Going by your method all my documents seem alright, just I remember it crashing for one or two so I might upload again to be safe.

I've sent them an email asking about it, but I'm not sure how high a priority replying will be.

Thanks for the input anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

Congrats! You just need to show up with your LOI, proof of funds, and proof of travel insurance.

Just the travel insurance, it's near to impossible to find 2yr travel insurance, could you just get one yr or would it be too risky?

eight8 wrote: »
    Just the travel insurance, it's near to impossible to find 2yr travel insurance, could you just get one yr or would it be too risky?

This is from the IEC website:

You may be refused entry if you do not have insurance. If your insurance policy is valid for less than 24 months, you may be issued a work permit that expires at the same time as your insurance. In this case, you may not apply for an extension of your work permit at a later date

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_status-processus_demande.aspx?view=d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

eight8 wrote: »

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056879926?page=6#post_83454810

Not sure what your circumstances are but Blue insurance and backpackers do 24month insurance. The link above is for that thread. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Hi,

I few questions regarding CIC:

What family info form is everyone filling in? That IMM5707 says its for passport holders of South Africa etc, and I'm obv an Irish passport holder

Also, application form IMM1295... are we supposed to have a job offer before we get into Canada? I can't validate the form by leaving information about the prospective job blank. What did you do to overcome that?

Thanks,

Niamh

• Registered Users Posts: 2 silverthorn26

Hi All, hope you can help. Just got a message from cic there to say that "Due to the frequency of participation for this program for citizens of Ireland your application has been refused". I had previously taken part once in the programme in 2011 but i should be able to get another visa this time round. Anybody have any ideas on how to go about starting an appeal with cic? was hoping to get over the end of March :(

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Hi,

I few questions regarding CIC:

What family info form is everyone filling in? That IMM5707 says its for passport holders of South Africa etc, and I'm obv an Irish passport holder

Also, application form IMM1295... are we supposed to have a job offer before we get into Canada? I can't validate the form by leaving information about the prospective job blank. What did you do to overcome that?

Thanks,

Niamh

Hi,

If you check out the Canada mega thread you'll find an answer to pretty much all of your questions on the CIC stage too. And I know it's fairly long now, but just use the thread tools to search the thread for keywords and you should find answers to most if not all of your queries!

To help you out though, for your first question, the 5707 form is for anyone over 18 OR a minor from the list of countries - that's what most of us took from it, this post is a good example: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83293385&postcount=4730
    Also, if the CIC have directed you to fill out the 5707 as per your answers to the come to Canada questionnaire, then fill it out. If they require more info they'll ask for it at a later stage.

Secondly, just fill in 'unknown' as your intended place of work. So in the details of intended work in Canada, I typed 'unknown' into section 2.a), and the two boxes in section 4.

Again search the threads cos you will find answers there. People are very helpful and will try to answer your questions, but if it has been answered a number of times already, and you know this as you have pretty much read all 5953 posts in the mega thread, then one could be inclined to just leave your question hanging!

Hope you get the application sent off without too many hiccups!

Hi All, hope you can help. Just got a message from cic there to say that "Due to the frequency of participation for this program for citizens of Ireland your application has been refused". I had previously taken part once in the programme in 2011 but i should be able to get another visa this time round. Anybody have any ideas on how to go about starting an appeal with cic? was hoping to get over the end of March :(

Have you ever participated in the program when it was under USIT? As that would also be considered? Or when you participated in 2011 did you stay longer than the visa allowed? Other than that I'm not sure why you wouldn't get a visa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 silverthorn26

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Have you ever participated in the program when it was under USIT? As that would also be considered? Or when you participated in 2011 did you stay longer than the visa allowed? Other than that I'm not sure why you wouldn't get a visa!
    Hey, when i went in 2011 it was with Usit but i only took part once and did not overstay my visa, im at a loss as well ... though i was on the way to getting granted the visa!!

Hey, when i went in 2011 it was with Usit but i only took part once and did not overstay my visa, im at a loss as well ... though i was on the way to getting granted the visa!!

Yeah that's bizarre! Was your original WTN number 6350 or less? It would hardly be referring to all the visas being used up? It did say in the step by step application guide in the IEC part of things that if you were to be refused a visa, an email would be sent instructing you on how to get a refund, so I'd presume they'd clarify the rejection reason there in that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i used this website to make my pic from the digital camera, thanks to gary27, http://www.idphoto4you.com/ . ive my pic ready now, when i open in photoshop this is the image size dimensions 827 x 1063 width 827 pixels, height 1063 pixels
    document size width 3.5cm height 4.5cm
    600 dpi, 24bit depth. file size 101 kb. is this ok or is it wrong

Surfn wrote: »
    i used this website to make my pic from the digital camera, thanks to gary27, http://www.idphoto4you.com/ . ive my pic ready now, when i open in photoshop this is the image size dimensions 827 x 1063 width 827 pixels, height 1063 pixels
    document size width 3.5cm height 4.5cm
    600 dpi, 24bit depth. file size 101 kb. is this ok or is it wrong

it looks ok to me the specs are all greater than the minimum specs for iec so you should be ok, but they do say the file size should be ideally 240kb if i recall but not less than 60 kb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

cheers gary i was able to increase the file size till 231kb in photoshop by saving to better quality. i uploaded it there, sure if its not right im sure they will let me know

Advertisement