Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Global visas won't answer my mails anymore so ill have to ask my question here. Have an iec visa but I'm renewing my passport before I go. Who do I make aware of the change of passport or is it necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Global visas won't answer my mails anymore so ill have to ask my question here. Have an iec visa but I'm renewing my passport before I go. Who do I make aware of the change of passport or is it necessary?

i think this might help you;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83284201

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Just wondering , im at the final stage before applying for the visa . But ive since got an interview for an possible college course for Sept , so i was wondering if i stop the application process now will that still count as one of my visa chances gone?

No - some people apply and don't get through the last stage they get the first part done so don't actually get offered a visa.
    It's only used up when you come across the border and get a visa printed.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

They should have told you renew your passport before applying for IEC .

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys, been putting stage 2 on the long finger for a while but made a start this week. However, I feel I may need to get a new passport as the one I have is in a pretty bad state ha. Nothing wrong with the validity, it;s just that the thing is a mess and might need to get a new one through passport express.

Basically I'm just wondering whether there is a deadline or a certain time that stage 2 has to be completed? it's looking like I may have to wait another 2 weeks 2 submit my application if I have to renew my passport!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 REXY2020

Is anyone else having trouble uploading their documents? It keeps saying the service is offline

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Hey guys, been putting stage 2 on the long finger for a while but made a start this week. However, I feel I may need to get a new passport as the one I have is in a pretty bad state ha. Nothing wrong with the validity, it;s just that the thing is a mess and might need to get a new one through passport express.

Basically I'm just wondering whether there is a deadline or a certain time that stage 2 has to be completed? it's looking like I may have to wait another 2 weeks 2 submit my application if I have to renew my passport!

I'm pretty sure you have 6months to complete Stage 2 from the date you were given the all clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MP_Calgary2012

Does any one know how long it takes to get fingerprints done and processed? we've been asked this morning for prints after almost 8 weeks waiting! visas is nearly up. Anyone been approved after submitting them? if so what kind of time frame? also should they be digital or paper? have never been in trouble with cops here or at home in ireland, so really it shouldnt take long right?? this is getting ridiculous! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Brainy Smurf

Global visas won't answer my mails anymore .....

Doesn't surprise me in the least - there is tonnes of stuff out there about them.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rich303

I have a question regarding the employment section on the IMM 1295 form. In my situation I am already in Canada on my first year IEC and working full time.
    For the section headed 'details of intended work in Canada' do I just leave this section blank and proceed to fill out my current Canadian job details as they are now in the 'Current Activity / Occupation' in the employment section? I noticed that the intended employment section asks for details of prospective employer and asks for submission of a work offer. At this point I have already been in my job in Canada for 10 months.

I also have a question regarding submitting the correct family form. A few people, me included, have been asked to submit the IMM 5707 form. However it also appears this is the incorrect form and many are submitting the IMM 5645 form instead. Looking at the following forum link: http://www.experiencecanada.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=219
    It would appear that IMM 5707 is indeed the correct forum and not the 5645 as people have been submitted thinking this is an error on the part of the CIC.
    Can those that have already received a LOI please offer their insight as to which forms they submitted in this instance.

Thanks for any and all responses : )

• Advertisement

rich303 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding the employment section on the IMM 1295 form. In my situation I am already in Canada on my first year IEC and working full time.
    For the section headed 'details of intended work in Canada' do I just leave this section blank and proceed to fill out my current Canadian job details as they are now in the 'Current Activity / Occupation' in the employment section? I noticed that the intended employment section asks for details of prospective employer and asks for submission of a work offer. At this point I have already been in my job in Canada for 10 months.

I also have a question regarding submitting the correct family form. A few people, me included, have been asked to submit the IMM 5707 form. However it also appears this is the incorrect form and many are submitting the IMM 5645 form instead. Looking at the following forum link: http://www.experiencecanada.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=219
    It would appear that IMM 5707 is indeed the correct forum and not the 5645 as people have been submitted thinking this is an error on the part of the CIC.
    Can those that have already received a LOI please offer their insight as to which forms they submitted in this instance.

I used the 5707 and got LOI.

Also have a look at this thread; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056885910

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

rich303 wrote: »

I too submitted the 5707, as did my husband. We both received POE's March 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Originally Posted by Furious-Red
    Just wondering , im at the final stage before applying for the visa . But ive since got an interview for an possible college course for Sept , so i was wondering if i stop the application process now will that still count as one of my visa chances gone?
    jenniem01 wrote: »
    No - some people apply and don't get through the last stage they get the first part done so don't actually get offered a visa.
    It's only used up when you come across the border and get a visa printed.

Furious Red, I'm sure I read that your chance gets used as soon as you as issued the POE, not when you cross the border and activate it. Just a heads up. As long as you don't do the second stage MyCIC, you'll still be able to apply in future. :)

Also you only have one 2-year chance now, not 2 one-year chances like previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Delira wrote: »
    Furious Red, I'm sure I read that your chance gets used as soon as you as issued the POE, not when you cross the border and activate it. Just a heads up. As long as you don't do the second stage MyCIC, you'll still be able to apply in future. :)

Also you only have one 2-year chance now, not 2 one-year chances like previous years.

Yeah you're right - once POE is issued, this is seen as a participation on the programme, irregardless of if you actually go to Canada or not!

And I think the 2 year thing is also correct in that it has done away with the single year visa's altogether - it's just good that these 2years are only new, so people who participated before can go again, but from here on in id say it's one participation of max 2 years for all new applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

Hi Guys on my conditional letter from stage 1 it says I have until 8th august to complete stage 2, I'd read here you need your police checks to be within 3months of heading over and I dont plan to go over until october so was not planning on doing stage 2 for a while, just worried that I'm reading it wrong and might lose my place?

Suarez20 wrote: »
    Hi Guys on my conditional letter from stage 1 it says I have until 8th august to complete stage 2, I'd read here you need your police checks to be within 3months of heading over and I dont plan to go over until october so was not planning on doing stage 2 for a while, just worried that I'm reading it wrong and might lose my place?

yes the conditional letter is valid for 6months from date issued so you can wait a while before completing stage 2.
    The police certs have to be within 3months of submitting application on stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Suarez20

cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭johnnyryan22

Thanks Gary!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

it would be good news if we actually heard about people getting their POE's lately, im sure alot of people might get them around the sametime when they start rolling out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭The_Poznan

Surfn wrote: »
    it would be good news if we actually heard about people getting their POE's lately, im sure alot of people might get them around the sametime when they start rolling out again.

Any one know if its possible to sent stage 2 by post...Im at the wits end trying over and over to sent it online but I just never seem to get an option after uploading the stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

Surfn wrote: »

yeah, i agree. if you look at the timeline thread, they are all similar dates people got approved on. Fingers crossed they approve a load- and very soon! im freeeeeked. handed my notice in at work already :eek:one way flight booked and all. end of may seemed way off back in February! now not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭meelyb

The_Poznan wrote: »
    Any one know if its possible to sent stage 2 by post...Im at the wits end trying over and over to sent it online but I just never seem to get an option after uploading the stuff?

Hmmmm, funny you should say. I was reading the IEC page and for Visa and Immigration queries, I got directed to the UK IEC site. And sure enough it says the London offfice deals with Ireland. Anyway, there was a big post/notice saying as of some dat in May 2013, all applications must be made on online. In the small print, it says we are still accepting some written/postal applications until this date. Now whether that is for UK residents remains to be seen... there is very little contact info.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

So, i finished my second application around the start of March and heard nothing since so I'm around the 8 week mark.

Went to log into my CIC account and it brings me to a page to "enrol" and when I put in my details, including client ID, it tells me that I'm already in the program???

How do I get into my account?

Can't believe they actually managed to make this much harder than last year! Impressed actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Hi Guys,

Is there anything i need to watch out for while filling out this form?
    Trying to get it sorted out tonight and dont fancy trawling through the megathread. Do I just print it out when finished, sign it and rescan?
    Also do i submit digital photo and CV at this stage? I presume this is the last stage!

zweton wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Is there anything i need to watch out for while filling out this form?
    Trying to get it sorted out tonight and dont fancy trawling through the megathread. Do I just print it out when finished, sign it and rescan?
    Also do i submit digital photo and CV at this stage? I presume this is the last stage!

the megathread has all the answers you need and is a good resource if you have any other questions and the search option helps a lot to narrow it down,
    The IMM1295 does not need to be printed out, signed or scanned, all you do is fill it out correctly, validate it and save it, then upload it to cic site where you made an application using the checklist code from the come to canada wizard.
    the digital photo and cv as also submitted at this stage which is stage 2 on the cic site provided you have the conditional letter also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 DizeeLizzie

I am currently completing stage 2 of the application for myself and my boyfriend, and have Query in relation to Q3 Background information on the IMM1295E Form.

In 2009 he was involved in a court case where he was charged with assault. The case got thrown out of court due to a lack of evidence and he was not convicted of any offence. The Garda cert he received gives him a clear record.

We are worried that this might affect the application? My understanding would be that the above would still need to be detailed on the application even though he does not hold any convictions, would that be correct?

Has anyone else had similar disclosures and still got the visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

I am currently completing stage 2 of the application for myself and my boyfriend, and have Query in relation to Q3 Background information on the IMM1295E Form.

In 2009 he was involved in a court case where he was charged with assault. The case got thrown out of court due to a lack of evidence and he was not convicted of any offence. The Garda cert he received gives him a clear record.

We are worried that this might affect the application? My understanding would be that the above would still need to be detailed on the application even though he does not hold any convictions, would that be correct?

Has anyone else had similar disclosures and still got the visa?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

He wasn’t convicted so why would you mention it! How would it affect his application if his name was cleared!! If you want to draw unnecessary attention from immigration by all means include it but i don’t see the point as it could jeopardise his application

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Greg_03G

HI, just wondering if anyone can help me with some info about using visa companies for the IEC.
    So basically I've been using Visafirst to sort this out for me. Since the programme opened they have registered me for the IEC Kompass account and I then provided all the paperwork and police checks requested for stage 2. They told me they had all they needed from me for now and I should just wait. I don't have direct access to my kompass account as I figured it best to just let Visafirst handle all that for me. It's almost 8 weeks now since I've heard anything. I am starting to get a little bit concerned at this stage though. Should I be or is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Guys, does everyone have to fill out the IMM5707 (family info form)?
    Just completing my stage 2 atm.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Anyone have contact details that they're actually getting a response from??? Im in 9th week since submitting to CIC, no reply. I've emailed IEC, CIC, Cathy Murphy, local MP in Edmonton, they're all as useful as t*t* on a bull. Iec told me to contact CIC. CIC (Rosa @ 18882422100) told me that its all controlled "by the internet" and she cant put me in touch with anyone at alll to help me, just submit email to question@... which I've done 8 times and all i've had in respone is the autoreply. Cathy Murphy -told me to contact the local MP, which I've done twice, still no reply. Where do I go now?? Who can I call? My current visa expires in 2 weeks.

Advertisement