Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Greg_03G

11 weeks now since I sent all the stage 2 paperwork through to visafirst and still nothing. I keep calling them up and getting nothing. I've spoken to people who have been approved in half the time, even people using the same visa company as me who applied later than me have got their Poe already. This cannot be normal, can it?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Hey. I've gotten everything I think, so just making sure I have everything before I leave (on the 23rd)

I need my letter of introduction? (That's the thing I got on MyCic, right?)
    I need the bank statement of >2500 CAD
    I need proof of insurance (in theory)

Is that all? (Apart from my passport and things like that, of course)

Do I need anything from the IEC website itself? I didn't think so

Wait, do I need to submit a MyCic file number to my kompass account even though I already have my letter of introduction? I assumed I was done once I had that letter. Is that not the case? Feck. I have my flights booked for the 23rd - so hopefully everything is right or can be sorted before then.

Well feck, I can submit that now hopefully :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

thats all I have also,

I'm flying on the 23rd also into montreal so if you are on the same flight and we're both missing something it should be handy enough to spot each other :)

Haha, really? Cool. Yeah the 23rd was the cheapest flight available :D I'm also into Montreal

Anyway just submitted my "application number" as my myCic file number. Just panicked a little.

Is that the flight that leaves dublin at 11:50 btw? :P Nice to know I'm not the only one going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Hi, hopefully whoever is still waiting for POE's will get theirs soon! its just a matter of waiting, but some people are waiting ridiculuously long. I applied directly and got it in 2 weeks..

for people who have bought insurance for 2 years, what company/package did you go for? I know theres Backpackers/Blue insurance etc, but in general who did most people go with and any reommendations?? :D

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Haha, really? Cool. Yeah the 23rd was the cheapest flight available :D I'm also into Montreal

Anyway just submitted my "application number" as my myCic file number. Just panicked a little.

Is that the flight that leaves dublin at 11:50 btw? :P Nice to know I'm not the only one going.

Yeah - on Air Transat :) I'll be the other panicky person in the immigration line in the Airport in Montreal

my application took nearly 12 weeks before I got my letter back from them.
    I applied directly also,

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Gift of the Gabbert

I got the POE letter this morning and I only completed the CIC stage last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barrows

Hi guys, i applied for my visa on 05/03/13 along with my girlfriend. She recieved her LOI/POE on 35/03/13. However I'm still waiting for mine. Can someone please tell me what to do. I've seen people have emailed question@... but when i tried that twice it came back undelivered. Same result with a friend of mine who is still waiting. What can I do to get this sorted? Whoever can help me get this sorted can have a pint on me when i arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys. Just wondering if it is at all possible to start the stage 2 application over again? I have forgotten my GCkey, have it half done but was waiting on a passport which came recently. Went to continue the application but completely forget my GCkey...Can I make a new one? What do I do? I know I've asked this before but nobody replied :( PLEASE someone reply, I am stressed to the nines and my friends already have their official acceptance and I just have my conditional letter of acceptance! :(

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Hey guys. Just wondering if it is at all possible to start the stage 2 application over again? I have forgotten my GCkey, have it half done but was waiting on a passport which came recently. Went to continue the application but completely forget my GCkey...Can I make a new one? What do I do? I know I've asked this before but nobody replied :( PLEASE someone reply, I am stressed to the nines and my friends already have their official acceptance and I just have my conditional letter of acceptance! :(

Yes you can,I had to do the online application because I didn't complete in the time given.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Yes you can,I had to do the online application because I didn't complete in the time given.

Oh OK. So even though I've had half an online application for stage 2 lying dormant the last month, due to me not remembering my GCkey, I can start up a brand new one from scratch and MyCIC or IEC would have no problem with that? Thank you for replying btw :)

JuicyJim wrote: »
    Oh OK. So even though I've had half an online application for stage 2 lying dormant the last month, due to me not remembering my GCkey, I can start up a brand new one from scratch and MyCIC or IEC would have no problem with that? Thank you for replying btw :)

Yes I think so.I didn't have get a new GCKey but I because I took too long to upload the documents the online application expired so I had to start a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 KevinFQB1

I finished stage 2 the CIC bit on Saturday April 27th and got my loi yesterday, hope it works out for everybody else the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Kimmy229

Hey all,

With regard to the below error message:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
    • We are unable to validate your document at this time, please retry later.

I found that when I removed the "E" from the file name, I was able to upload the document.

For example IMM5257E.pdf. The file was renamed to IMM5257.pdf, after which it was successfully uploaded.

By "right-clicking" on the document, the option to rename the file will appear. Simply highlight and rename the entire file or backspace/delete to edit.

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 moseharper

Does anyone know if you need return flights or is one way A-ok?

the visa is for 2 years yet you cannot book a flight for more than 12 months in advance so I think we should be okay going in on a single ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

Just to double check, Iv received my CIC approval letter but IEC Immigration Assessment and Final Decision are both still pending. Will I still be able to get into Canada? Flights are in just 2 weeks. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 littlemiss maevie

shi7zman wrote: »
    Just to double check, Iv received my CIC approval letter but IEC Immigration Assessment and Final Decision are both still pending. Will I still be able to get into Canada? Flights are in just 2 weeks. Thanks!

yes, all you need with you are the work permit from cic, insurance details and proof of funds.
    you should update your iec account with your cic number though so that it updates to fully approved but you don't need this to get through the airport,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Premchat

Hi guys,

I've got all my stuff sorted and I leave next Tuesday week (Excited!!!!) However I'm in a spot of bother with the proof of funds (I think)

The money is all there. 5 and a half sitting in my account in BOI but to get a statement sent to me within that time limit is too short I'm being told. Whats the best way to get around this? Should I take a screenshot of my account online with the amount on it?

Would love any sort of help please!

Premchat wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I've got all my stuff sorted and I leave next Tuesday week (Excited!!!!) However I'm in a spot of bother with the proof of funds (I think)

The money is all there. 5 and a half sitting in my account in BOI but to get a statement sent to me within that time limit is too short I'm being told. Whats the best way to get around this? Should I take a screenshot of my account online with the amount on it?

Would love any sort of help please!

Hey,

I arrived in Montreal just yesterday. I had my welcome to Canada letter, a print out of my bank statement online so I simply just printed the webpage where it had my bank account. The last thing I had was a print out off of my backpacker insurance and voila, here I am. The whole process was very straight forward, took less than 5 minutes for them to print off the visa and send me on my merry way.

willabur wrote: »
    Hey,

I arrived in Montreal just yesterday. I had my welcome to Canada letter, a print out of my bank statement online so I simply just printed the webpage where it had my bank account. The last thing I had was a print out off of my backpacker insurance and voila, here I am. The whole process was very straight forward, took less than 5 minutes for them to print off the visa and send me on my merry way.

That's cool. Out of interest though, for the bank statement, is the date within a week of you arriving because I'm hearing it needs to be. :/

Did they look for an IBAN / BIC number aswell?

Any help much appreciated.... just a bit paniky at the min, last min details! :o:o

Hope you've a great time!

That's cool. Out of interest though, for the bank statement, is the date within a week of you arriving because I'm hearing it needs to be. :/

Did they look for an IBAN / BIC number aswell?

Any help much appreciated.... just a bit paniky at the min, last min details! :o:o

Hope you've a great time!

Yeah, I printed it off the night before I got on the plane so it was well within the date. Didn't ask for the IBAN, it was a very rudimentary printout. Had my list of accounts and the name of the bank, that was it

willabur wrote: »
    Yeah, I printed it off the night before I got on the plane so it was well within the date. Didn't ask for the IBAN, it was a very rudimentary printout. Had my list of accounts and the name of the bank, that was it

Oh right! So wasn't even a statement really then, more a screenshot? :p

Suddenly feel a lot calmer about the issue! haha

Thanks

Oh right! So wasn't even a statement really then, more a screenshot? :p

Suddenly feel a lot calmer about the issue! haha

Thanks

Yeah, it was really something very simple like that.
    I read in a previous post that they got someone to log into their account to display the funds etc. I dunno, it worked for me. I'm sure it will be okay for you also. There were 4 or 5 other people in the same boat as me at immigration and they all took the same amount of time, I really don't think there is any need for panic

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laura 25

Quick question - once your issued a visa, how much time have you to use it? How many months? Can't find this info easily,

Cheers!
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Laura 25

Hey all,

Just have one quick question. Once your issued a visa, how much time have you to use it? I'm thinking 12 months but not sure where I got this info, can't seem to find it easily. Information much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Laura

slightly pedantic point but you don't actually get your visa until you reach immigration in canada.
    what you get is a welcome to Canada letter which you present along with your passport, proof of funds and proof of travel insurance
    That small point aside, I had two years to use my visa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

moseharper wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you need return flights or is one way A-ok?

I went in 2011 with a one way ticket, it's not problem once you've the funds.

Advertisement