Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

slattery wrote: »
    Need some advice...i remember in last years applications you had to say you were not being accompanied by anyone on your visa and then your family could come but had to get visitor visas at port of entry....so is it the same this year...on family form should i put them down as not accompanying me?? can't seem to get straight answe:(:(r

i put yes for accompanying myself and no for the rest as it didn't apply to me on the family form and i got the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Need some advice...i remember in last years applications you had to say you were not being accompanied by anyone on your visa and then your family could come but had to get visitor visas at port of entry....so is it the same this year...on family form should i put them down as not accompanying me?? can't seem to get straight answe:(:(r

the iec told me that you only mark someone as accompanying you if there will be dependant on you in canada. so, for example, even if one was flying over to canada with you and returning home a few weeks later you would still put them as no as they are just visiting and not dependant on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bluejay01

We had the same problem and couldn't get a straight answer, there is nothing on the Irish IEC site this year about it but if you check IEC sites for Oz, NZ and other euro countries is says that no-one can be dependant on you.

We ended up ticking 'no' and sent in the app so fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Just got my POE this morning so my second year visa will be good once I cross over the border and reactivate it again. Thanks GOD

Thought I would just post a few things in case anyone else suffers the same problems. I was asked for “Client Information” which I put into the optional document section a brief letter explaining what I had done since I arrived and that I intended to stay in Vancouver etc. I put in all personal information like DOB, Application number, WTN etc. I didn’t go into much detail on the letter so just dot down a few things and that should suffice.

I was also asked for a Canadian police cert. I have been here since July ‘ 12 so over the 6 month period that some people suggested, was the reason why I had to provide this. This cost me $45 and I got it done and posted to me within 6 working days. Ring the police station before you visit them as mine was done by an external company which is a lot faster. It is a police cert that you are looking for as well, not a police check. Once I got this, I uploaded both of the documents and received my POE, 2 days later.

My girlfriend was asked for a fingerprint check, which is the same as the police cert and she uploaded the exact same document for the 2 of them (police cert and fingerprint check) on her CIC. When you are uploading them, enter the document as Canadian Police cert, No: as the long number on the top left of the sheet, country of issue as Ireland (Canada is not an option), date of issue: what is on your sheet and expiry date; a year from that.

This is what worked for my girlfriend and I so hopefully someone will find this information helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

SUper thanks for the info, I came in Juy too but I will hang on for them to tell me to get the police cert.
    When did you submit all your documents on CIC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 blondie24

Hi, just wondering, I submitted my passport pages and cv as 2 page word documents However, on the IEC website it states that "Documents that are more than one page, need to be scanned and uploaded as one pdf document". It doesnt say that anywhere on the CIC webpage when I uploaded it! Am I just being crazy or is this something to be worried about haha. So nervous, submitted it on March 4, and just want to know now!! Thanks for any help :)

blondie24 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering, I submitted my passport pages and cv as 2 page word documents However, on the IEC website it states that "Documents that are more than one page, need to be scanned and uploaded as one pdf document". It doesnt say that anywhere on the CIC webpage when I uploaded it! Am I just being crazy or is this something to be worried about haha. So nervous, submitted it on March 4, and just want to know now!! Thanks for any help :)

it just means you can only upload your document as one file, say you have 2 police certs then you need to join them as one file for upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Help needed!

I'm really starting to panic about my Visa as it expires on April 9th and I desperately need some advice! I've called the helplines (within Canada) and they keep passing me around to different departments and I even emailed the Canadian Embassy London but they say they take up to 28 days to respond. I'm hoping that I will get the Letter of Introduction soon but if not I need a Plan B. I know someone mentioned something about applying for an extension visa on this forum but can't find it now!! I think this is it but not sure http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/cpp-o-apply.asp?

All along I was thinking of worst case scenario that I could just cross the border and come in as a tourist and wait for the Letter of Introduction to come, do you know if that's ok?

Any help greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Hi, I've been trying to get my digital photo for the CIC part of the application. I've been using idphotoforyou.com, but when I download it, four pictures come up all stuck together. How have people been uploading their digital photo?

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Hi, I've been trying to get my digital photo for the CIC part of the application. I've been using idphotoforyou.com, but when I download it, four pictures come up all stuck together. How have people been uploading their digital photo?

theres a option under print size called single photo select that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

do ya get an email when you get you LOI, i keep on checking mycic, incase they dont email ya.

Surfn wrote: »
    do ya get an email when you get you LOI, i keep on checking mycic, incase they dont email ya.

yes you get an email in your personal acc saying that there is a message in your mycic acc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sandraella2007

Hi Guys!! Ive received a POE induction letter in my CIC account!! but wondering whats next??

in my Kompass account it is still showing that the last two boxes are pending so what have I done wrong or what do I have to do next!!! confused!! :confused:

is this all I need to get my work permit or am I wayy off!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭JenL

Hi Guys!! Ive received a POE induction letter in my CIC account!! but wondering whats next??

in my Kompass account it is still showing that the last two boxes are pending so what have I done wrong or what do I have to do next!!! confused!! :confused:

is this all I need to get my work permit or am I wayy off!!!???

That's it! Once you have your Poe your good tk book flights and go!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

JenL wrote: »
    That's it! Once you have your Poe your good tk book flights and go!

I got mine aswell, probley a stupid question but, Can yah just book a one way flight or does it have to be return?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I got mine aswell, probley a stupid question but, Can yah just book a one way flight or does it have to be return?

As far as I know you can get a one way if you have proof of funds otherwise you have to book a return.

WasterEx wrote: »
    As far as I know you can get a one way if you have proof of funds otherwise you have to book a return.

yeah id rather get one-way, they already asked me for proof of funds during the application, so would I still have to show it at arrival in Canada? I'll still show it to be on the safe side

yeah id rather get one-way, they already asked me for proof of funds during the application, so would I still have to show it at arrival in Canada? I'll still show it to be on the safe side

You're 'required' to show proof of funds and proof of insurance on arrival if they ask you at the airport, some people on here have said they were never asked for anything so it's up to you really if you want to get those things but if you don't have them and they ask you could run in to problems.

You're 'required' to show proof of funds and proof of insurance on arrival if they ask you at the airport, some people on here have said they were never asked for anything so it's up to you really if you want to get those things but if you don't have them and they ask you could run in to problems.

yeah im going to bring proof of funds, is that other insurance the the one yeh can get off that go4lessireland site yeah? and then im all set :D

yeah im going to bring proof of funds, is that other insurance the the one yeh can get off that go4lessireland site yeah? and then im all set :D

Yeah that's the one, just make sure you select 'backpacker' and once you get that and print it off you're good to go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Corwen

Just received my work permit today, only thing is it says it's valid until March 19th next year. Is this just that I have to go over before then, or am I only allowed to work in Canada up until that date?

Also, is there anything more I have to do with the Kompass account? Logged in today and saw that my Immigration Status is still pending.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive if that helps anyone.

Corwen wrote: »
    Just received my work permit today, only thing is it says it's valid until March 19th next year. Is this just that I have to go over before then, or am I only allowed to work in Canada up until that date?

Also, is there anything more I have to do with the Kompass account? Logged in today and saw that my Immigration Status is still pending.

Took about 3 weeks to arrive if that helps anyone.

you have up til then to enter canada then go will get your visa at the border for 2 years.

i wouldn't worry about the pending status in kompass, i have that and i would say the majority of other people do as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Corwen

gary27 wrote: »

you have up til then to enter canada then go will get your visa at the border for 2 years.

i wouldn't worry about the pending status in kompass, i have that and i would say the majority of other people do as well.

Brilliant, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

I heard they're only handing out one year to activate now as it was a mistake to give 2 years but who ever got 2 years is still eligible to activate in 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

I would just like to extend a big thank you to everyone on this forum who has had their brain melted by my questions, and of course those who answered! The CIC application for myself and my boyfriend were sent away today. Just a waiting game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

I heard they're only handing out one year to activate now as it was a mistake to give 2 years but who ever got 2 years is still eligible to activate in 2 years.

I got mine this week with 2 years in it. A lot of the requirements etc seem to be a bit random from office to office

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Finally got round to uploading everything. Nothing left to do but cross my fingers.

Tonto86 wrote: »
    I got mine this week with 2 years in it. A lot of the requirements etc seem to be a bit random from office to office

Oh really, I'm not sure what's going on so. I guess it's just random like you said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Oh really, I'm not sure what's going on so. I guess it's just random like you said.

Seems that way alright. Its a hell of a lot more awkward then my first year

Advertisement