Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Elena Elena

Yep I ll have to reapply for the Stage 2. As long as Conditional Acceptance Letter is valid you can do so

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭snoopmadra

jst got the POE letter thank god......it has a validity date on it but doesnt state anywhere how long its valid for(ie 2 years) is this normal? and is mine for 2 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭alexjk

Last year, they asked for a ten year employment history. For renewing the visa this year, is it necessary to give the ten years again or is it only 5 years they want now?

nobody asked me for the 10 year employment history last year. You just need to write everywhere you worked before in the last 10 years as accurate as you can. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

HELP IM CRACKING UP!!!

Right, helping my mate whos in Saskatoon. Hes applying for his second year visa (hes Irish but has a british passport). Can anyone whos on Stage two tell me what forums, or documents its asking you for? (people who had to apply for another two year/one year visa)

Its asking him for a IMM5710 form and passport and digitial photo! But on the IMM5710 its asking him to select one option from four:

A work permit with the same employer?
    A work permit with a new employer?
    Restoration of temporary residence status as a worker?
    Initial temporary permit or extension of temp resident permit?

Does anyone have any help on this?

• Advertisement

IMM5710 is not the right form. I ve learnt about it after waiting for 2 months and paying 150$.

CIC told me that when it is asking you about your country of residence in the questionnaire you need to write your permanent address of residence which is in Ireland (in your friend's case I am not sure what is his permanent residence). Once you write down that you are in Ireland(or other country from Canada) you will get the correct form - IMM1295. Do not forget, they will also be looking for police certificates.

I need to ask you a favour - please write to CIC and IEC. None of the clarify the point about the permanent residence address. CIC just gives you the wrong form if you are applying from Canada and write down truthfully that you are in Canada.

CIC wrote to me and acknowledged the error, they said it is a technical issue. My visa has expired a few weeks ago nevertheless. This is a very stressful situation that we as applicants should not be put through.

Please write to both parties and ask to improve the process going forward. I have already done this but unless other people complain they might not improve the application process.

IMM5710 is not the right form. I ve learnt about it after waiting for 2 months and paying 150$.

CIC told me that when it is asking you about your country of residence in the questionnaire you need to write your permanent address of residence which is in Ireland (in your friend's case I am not sure what is his permanent residence). Once you write down that you are in Ireland(or other country from Canada) you will get the correct form - IMM1295. Do not forget, they will also be looking for police certificates.

I need to ask you a favour - please write to CIC and IEC. None of the clarify the point about the permanent residence address. CIC just gives you the wrong form if you are applying from Canada and write down truthfully that you are in Canada.

CIC wrote to me and acknowledged the error, they said it is a technical issue. My visa has expired a few weeks ago nevertheless. This is a very stressful situation that we as applicants should not be put through.

Please write to both parties and ask to improve the process going forward. I have already done this but unless other people complain they might not improve the application process.

Thanks very much i will let him know

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Thanks very much i will let him know

Please do. I am at the stage when I can get deported because of this error by CIC and lack of guidance from IEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dectyro

Hey folks, I have received my poe intro letter in my cic account but it does not have a valid to date on it or any reference to me. Have had it 3 weeks or so now and nothing from iec.
    Has this happened to any1, kind of freakin out cause think my expiry date is up soon!!
    Any help would be good..

Please do. I am at the stage when I can get deported because of this error by CIC and lack of guidance from IEC.

He's in the same boat, his 1st visa ran out and his extension ran out as well. So he currently has no status in Canada

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 johnh31

Hi,Can anyone tell me if there,s a time limit on stage 2,From when u get your Conditional Acceptance Letter,do u have to start it right after u get this letter? thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Against

@johnnh Did you read the conditional acceptance letter? You get six months to complete Stage 2. It should tell you something like

"This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-xx-xx"

You complete the "Come to Canada" form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp , and it'll give you the checklist code. You set up a GCKey account on mycic (GCKey's nothing too fancy, just a login and bunch of security questions), log in to your mycic account. Click "Apply Online" and enter the checklist code and follow the instructions for uploading the documents.

You've 2 months to upload the documents once you enter a checklist code, but if it expires you can always delete it, go back through the "Come to Canada" form and get a new checklist code and enter it on your mycic accoutn, as long as you get it done within the 6months validity of your conditional acceptance letter.

thank you Against

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mknapton

Are you unable to complete stage 2 if your initial acceptance letter goes out of date?

Can any1 help.
    Does it matter what state you fly into?? Tink I remember putting BC on the iec applic but gonna head to Alberta. Plus can't decide between Calgary or edmonton!??
    Any advice would b great.
    Thanks guys

As far as I know, it doesn't matter, they just ask to get some demographics.

I had Quebec as my state on the application, but I went there via Toronto, and nothing was made of it there, they gave me the visa at Toronto airport. As long as you have your proof of funds, health insurance and maybe answer a question or two about what kind of work you're going to look for there shouldn't be any problems.

No idea on Calgary or Edmonton, BC's lovely though.

Against wrote: »
    As far as I know, it doesn't matter, they just ask to get some demographics.

I had Quebec as my state on the application, but I went there via Toronto, and nothing was made of it there, they gave me the visa at Toronto airport. As long as you have your proof of funds, health insurance and maybe answer a question or two about what kind of work you're going to look for there shouldn't be any problems.

No idea on Calgary or Edmonton, BC's lovely though.

Thanks for that, wat insurance did u go for and is the proof of funds 3000??
    Thanks

Dectyro wrote: »
    Thanks for that, wat insurance did u go for and is the proof of funds 3000??
    Thanks

Proof of funds should be somewhere on the IEC site, think it was 2500 before but not sure if it's still that. I think it's better to have more than that though..

I went with ACE insurance for 1 year before the change to 2-year visas, but they don't seem to do 2-year policies.

I've heard that when you present the PoE letter they make your visa valid just for the duration of the insurance policy. I'm not 100% sure if that's the case, maybe it depends on the immigration officer (can anybody confirm?) In any case i'd be looking for a 2 year policy just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Hi all,

How far along the process do you have to go before you are ineligible to apply again next year?

I have to hand in my medical before Oct 7th, and dont think Ill be able to get time to get it done so might let it expire and reapply again next year.

I have got the conditional acceptance letter and submitted all my docs, the medical is the next thing needed before I progress to the decision stage.

Hi all,

How far along the process do you have to go before you are ineligible to apply again next year?

I have to hand in my medical before Oct 7th, and dont think Ill be able to get time to get it done so might let it expire and reapply again next year.

I have got the conditional acceptance letter and submitted all my docs, the medical is the next thing needed before I progress to the decision stage.

If you stop now you should still be able to apply next year.

However, it seems a pity, is getting a medical difficult? Can you just walk into any doctor and get one or is there some other bureacracy involved?

If you can't upload it by the 7th, you might be able to get them to stretch that deadline for you, given that you've everything else uploaded. I'd email question@cic.gc.ca, making sure all the info below is included, and explain the situation..

"If your request requires us to access your immigration or citizenship file, we would need the following information:

1. Surname (last name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

2. Given name(s) (first name)- Exactly as it appears on the passport or identity document

3. Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD)

4. Country of birth

5. Complete address (including the postal code). If the residential address is different from the mailing address, please provide both addresses.

6. Telephone number. If you have more than one contact number, please provide them all.

7. Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number / Client ID number

8. Online application reference number

9. Type of application (work permit, study permit or visitor record)

10. Approximate date that the application was submitted

If you are a person to whom we are authorized to release information (written consent on the file), the above information must pertain to the applicant. You must also provide your full name, telephone number and address. If you are not the applicant or you are not authorized to receive information, you will not receive a further reply to your email.

If the above information was not included in your email, please email us again with the requested information. We will not respond to your request until we receive all of this information in one email.
    "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 jmcma07

I am in Vancouver at the moment on my 1st IEC and I want to get travel insurance for my 2nd two year visa?

All insurance companies (at least the ones I know off) in Ireland require that I am currently in Ireland. I have seen a few people get insurance from inside Canada but the premiums are expensive $800-2000.

I cant see why they require you to fly from Ireland and resided in Ireland for the 6 months prior to departure. Being out here already is surely a lower risk?

How does the insurance company know that I didn't fly in to Canada?

There must be a way around this?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Concy B

Hi all,
    Apologies if this interrupts any topic threads. I've been searching for an answer for this everywhere but haven't gotten anything near a reply yet. I got my letter or introduction back before the Summer. Since then my circumstances have changed and the deadline by which I have until to begin my visa in Canada is not really realistic anymore. I really don't want to just let it slide and not go because I know it states that once one has received their Letter of Introduction they are not eligible to apply through IEC again for another visa; therefore I want to postpone or defer the deadline for initially going to Canada.

Has anyone else gone about this?

One option I am considering is to go to Canada for a week or two of a holiday to begin my visa and then end up wasting a year of it while I'm back in Ireland before going back to commit to it.

Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply or even read this!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't think so Concy I'm afraid.
    I also tried to get the date of mine put back but they wouldn't allow me to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Concy B

Thanks for the reply Panthro.

I may have to go on a holiday to initiate it so and then come back!

Hi all just got my POE it has todays date in the boxes.Thats not right is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

jmcma07 wrote: »
    I am in Vancouver at the moment on my 1st IEC and I want to get travel insurance for my 2nd two year visa?

I thought you could only do the IEC once, FAQ Specific to Ireland Q6:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx#Ir1-6

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

sawfish wrote: »
    I thought you could only do the IEC once, FAQ Specific to Ireland Q6:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx#Ir1-6

If you received an IEC prior to 2013 you can apply for a second IEC. Since the change in 2013 you can only apply for it once:
    http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/index.aspx?lang=eng

"Previously, Irish citizens were permitted to participate twice, each time up to 12 months. Starting 2013, Irish citizens who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) for a period of up to 12 months will be eligible for another participation of up to 24 months. Those who had participated in the International Experience Canada initiative (including through USIT) more than once (i.e., beyond 12 months) will not be eligible."

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Unstickying this thread too because it's pretty dead now.

Advertisement