Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Panthro wrote: »
    Quick Q folks,
    How long were ye waiting for the message to come after ye completed Stage 2?
    Was it automatic replay or were ye waiting a day or two?

mines was quick enough probably within a couple of hours. as i applied late at night and when I checked in the morning i had an email informing me that I had a message in mycic.
    it does say in the pdf that it is an automated message.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gary27 wrote: »
    mines was quick enough probably within a couple of hours. as i applied late at night and when I checked in the morning i had an email informing me that I had a message in mycic.
    it does say in the pdf that it is an automated message.

Literally just after getting it there.
    Kompass CIC number updated.

Now to sit back and play the waiting game..

Literally just after getting it there.
    Kompass CIC number updated.

Now to sit back and play the waiting game..

great stuff, just the wait for the actually LOI now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

This might be a silly question, but just wondering when do you provide a digital signature? I uploaded all my forms and sent them off and recieved the confimarion email with my number. I phyically signed the family form but left the first form blank.

just hope I havent missed anything:(

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    This might be a silly question, but just wondering when do you provide a digital signature? I uploaded all my forms and sent them off and recieved the confimarion email with my number. I phyically signed the family form but left the first form blank.

When your submitting everything in,it will ask you to provide a digital signature :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey GrizzlyMan, i did the same thing as you, I printed and signed the family form and scanned it back in as a PDF file, I hope they accept it. I got a lil' confused about the part where it says you have to sign to confirm you have no wife, children or dependents, so I just signed it to be sure. icon5.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think im gonna wait to upload everything till the end of March early April because i dont plan on going till early april of next year and im afraid if i get the LOI to early then my plans will change ha

Think im gonna wait to upload everything till the end of March early April because i dont plan on going till early april of next year and im afraid if i get the LOI to early then my plans will change ha

Just a heads up, make sure your Garda Cert doesn't expire, I think they are only valid for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kev33

Whats everyone been doin for the digital photo upload? Getting one done in a photography shop to the spec they request and then just scanning and uploading?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

eoino90 wrote: »
    Hey GrizzlyMan, i did the same thing as you, I printed and signed the family form and scanned it back in as a PDF file, I hope they accept it. I got a lil' confused about the part where it says you have to sign to confirm you have no wife, children or dependents, so I just signed it to be sure. icon5.png

Im sure they will accept the Family form, :) Im still a little confused, do you know when we have to supply a digital signature? is it at the end of the process or should I have done it when I was uploading my documents , as I wasnt asked to provide one :confused:

celticwe kindly cleared things up for me, guess i was in such a rush uploading everything I forgot I filled it out when completeing the upload process ..........doh

• Advertisement

Just a heads up, make sure your Garda Cert doesn't expire, I think they are only valid for 3 months.

Yea it should be ok , it only arrived at the end of Jan , so it wont be out till near the end of April

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Im sure they will accept the Family form, :) Im still a little confused, do you know when we have to supply a digital signature? is it at the end of the process or should I have done it when I was uploading my documents , as I wasnt asked to provide one :confused:

celticwe kindly cleared things up for me, guess i was in such a rush uploading everything I forgot I filled it out when completeing the upload process ..........doh
    Yup, that's it man, you sign with a digital signature after you've uploaded everything and just before you submit it so they an review the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dobsy89

How do you go about getting the right sized picture?

dobsy89 wrote: »
    How do you go about getting the right sized picture?

check my earlier posts concerning this or use the search option in the megathreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 7drunkennights

Your LOI is valid for 2 years from the issue date.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PureFiji

gary27 wrote: »
    not sure what you mean, you applied to the irish iec while residing in Germany right?

The whole problem definitly is that people cant process the 2 Stage when the are already in Canada, because it is their current country of residence!

No one ever thougth about it to change the Come to Canada question for people like me. :mad:

And therefore I involved a Immigration consultant. I really hope he can help me out. Fingers cross!!!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PureFiji

jaff wrote: »
    Hi there all,

Anyway I've completed the myCic 2nd stage of the application and I wanted to see if anyone has encountered the same problem as me yet.

I participated in the IEC before and lived in Toronto for a year. Now I have received a message requesting a Canadian Police Cert for the time I spent there.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#PoliceCert

Now the above link clearly states that a Police Cert shouldn't be neccesary for the time you spent in Canada on a previous IEC visa.

Anyone else had this email?

And if so...how do you get a Toronto Police Cert? Anyone got any links?

Hi there,

I know its no about your post, but I am curious about IEC Visas....
    Did you extend your stay in Canada right after your first year? If yes, how did you process your application on your CIC account????

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cmac8

Hi

My Girlfriend and I just got letters saying that we both require Canadian police certs. Like last year, they must be changing thing mid process! We live in Vancouver so hopefully shouldnt be a problem

I also got a request for "Client Information". Has anyone any idea what this is and where I fill it out. My girlfriend who submitted the exact same form, got no such request. I have emailed them but god knows how long it will take for them to reply to me.

Any help appreciated

cmac8 wrote: »
    Hi

My Girlfriend and I just got letters saying that we both require Canadian police certs. Like last year, they must be changing thing mid process! We live in Vancouver so hopefully shouldnt be a problem

I did read somewhere alright if you are in Canada for 6months + then you need to get a Canadian police cert.
    I'm here since Sept so I'm praying that by the time they process my application I fall under the 6month mark.
    Email them and ask what Client Info is would be the best bet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

just got my POE!!! delighted!! :)

anyone else heading to toronto? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

Just submitted Stage 2!! Here's hoping it's all done correct and I'll be celebrating getting a POE in the not too distant future!!

Thanks to all on this thread and the megathread for all the invaluable info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

I was just wondering what is the next stage once you receive your POE letter, can you go ahead and book flights etc then or is there another stage as I see people talking about LOI letter?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

amster wrote: »
    just got my POE!!! delighted!! :)

anyone else heading to toronto? :)

I just posted about this but didn't see your post first... I received mine late last night, that's the last stage yes??

Your LOI is valid for 2 years from the issue date.

I know that but because if i get my visa say in March of this year then ill have till next March to activate it which will be too early since i wont be leaving till april. Is is 2 years? i thought it was 1

Mine is good until February 2015!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

eight8 wrote: »
    I just posted about this but didn't see your post first... I received mine late last night, that's the last stage yes??

yep its the last stage! we are officially now canada bound!

The POE and LOI are the same thing - its called POE Letter of Introduction :)

Oh right didnt know that , So you could wait till 2015 to actually activate your visa?

I could... but I'm going on Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Did you get a candian police cert? I seen someone saying above we now need it if we have been in Canada more than 6 months?
    I sent off all my CIC stuff February 7th and haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement

I didn't need one as I haven't spent more than 6 months in Canada.

Advertisement