Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC 2013 - STAGE 2 - MEGA THREAD All Stage 2 Discussion HERE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 casey28

Hi guys,
    Looks like ye have gotten much further than I have. Got my conditional acceptance letter from IEC, as directed by them went on to CIC website. Answered their Come to Canada questionnaire and its telling me I'm not eligible so couldn't get personal checklist code to create MyCIC account. I sound so stupid but tried answering it different ways, still no joy. I have a job here in Calgary (so answered Canada as country of residence) but I know for a fact that I won't get a LMO ( so had to answer no to written job offer on questionnaire).Went to 'Work' on menu on CIC home page, then 'Temporary Workers' and completed questionnaire. I presume that is what ye guys did. Please can someone let me know. Was much less complicated last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,767 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Right folks, I'm stumped.
    I'm currently in Canada so when I'm filling out the IM1295 form...it asks:

(No.7)..."Current country of residence"...(Canada, I presume?)
    "Status"...(Worker, I presume?)

(No.9).."Country where Applying"....(Canada again?)
    "Status"....(worker?)
    "From...To"...(These the dates my current Visa is running from and to?)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ledge87

iv tried everything leaving fields blank then tryin with Unknown or TBA or any thing, its so unfair!! iv compared it against my friends one and its the exact same! Do they accept applications by mail? i dont have the time ti do that now, I only have like 7 weeks left on the visa im on now!

I had this issue and i updated adobe reader and a new box appeared which highlighted the existing fields. I clicked this and it highlighted every field i need to fill in. Once i filled in highlighted fields it allowed me to validate and save.
    hope this helps and best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

casey28 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Looks like ye have gotten much further than I have. Got my conditional acceptance letter from IEC, as directed by them went on to CIC website. Answered their Come to Canada questionnaire and its telling me I'm not eligible so couldn't get personal checklist code to create MyCIC account. I sound so stupid but tried answering it different ways, still no joy. I have a job here in Calgary (so answered Canada as country of residence) but I know for a fact that I won't get a LMO ( so had to answer no to written job offer on questionnaire).Went to 'Work' on menu on CIC home page, then 'Temporary Workers' and completed questionnaire. I presume that is what ye guys did. Please can someone let me know. Was much less complicated last year.

you have to say you are IN ireland on the come to canada Wizard in order fro the IEC visa option to come up

ledge87 wrote: »
    I had this issue and i updated adobe reader and a new box appeared which highlighted the existing fields. I clicked this and it highlighted every field i need to fill in. Once i filled in highlighted fields it allowed me to validate and save.
    hope this helps and best of luck:)

nope i already had highlight exsisting fields :(
    maybe its a sign i should just go home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

hey, can i just ask for those who have submitted their application to CIC - did you receive an actual confirmation of application message in your 'my messages' section or did the area that used to have 'apply online' just change to have an application number and say transmitted. if you did receive an actual message did it direct you to do anything else?

i submitted mine but did not receive a confirmation message, though it does say transmitted. just want to check mine against others :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

amster wrote: »
    hey, can i just ask for those who have submitted their application to CIC - did you receive an actual confirmation of application message in your 'my messages' section or did the area that used to have 'apply online' just change to have an application number and say transmitted. if you did receive an actual message did it direct you to do anything else?

i submitted mine but did not receive a confirmation message, though it does say transmitted. just want to check mine against others :)

after submitting my application mycic, i got a confirmation message theres a button says click here on mycic page for message and you get the cic file number in letter then upload that number to kompass account.

thanks, ye mine is different - i don't have a button that says click here - it just says view checklist. ive dropped them an email, be interesting to see if they get back to me! hope everything is ok, but would like confirmation they actually have it!

thanks, ye mine is different - i don't have a button that says click here - it just says view checklist. ive dropped them an email, be interesting to see if they get back to me! hope everything is ok, but would like confirmation they actually have it!

you didn't get an email from them after submission, did you check you junk folder?

This is what at below of mycic page;
    My Messages
    Submission Confirmation (click this)(then the below click here shows up)
    To view this message, click here.

No I got no email, I have copied and pasted what it says in MYCIC below. They have given me an application number so maybe its not after going that wrong but just worried that there's no actual confirmation.

Apply Online

Make a Request

OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification

Completed

Transmitted App # Date Created Date Transmitted
    Online Application W****** Feb-12-2013 10:57:58 AM ET Feb-18-2013 07:05:08 PM ET

My Messages

You have no messages.

• Advertisement

No I got no email, I have copied and pasted what it says in MYCIC below. They have given me an application number so maybe its not after going that wrong but just worried that there's no actual confirmation.

Apply Online

Make a Request

OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification

Completed

Transmitted App # Date Created Date Transmitted
    Online Application W****** Feb-12-2013 10:57:58 AM ET Feb-18-2013 07:05:08 PM ET

My Messages

You have no messages.

ok if you have the w****** number will you add it to kompass acc or wait until reply from them?

i added it to my kompass as i wasnt sure what else to do. i presume you have the same info on your myCIC login page aswel as the confirmation email do you? and that the W******* number is the same in your email as it is on the login page?

i added it to my kompass as i wasnt sure what else to do. i presume you have the same info on your myCIC login page aswel as the confirmation email do you? and that the W******* number is the same in your email as it is on the login page?

yes mines is the exact same number as in letter so you have nothing to worry about just relax now.

ye im not having too much of a freak out cos i figure at least i have that number. thanks for info!! :)

i got ITTTTTTTTTTTTTT
    i messed around with the dates,

any one else that had the same problem i did uploading there Application try this:

in the Status section i had my start date and end date (as the last day of my visa)
    I took out the end date,
    And i had the same on my Current employment i took out the end date and left it blank and it worked
    So yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

Hi there, I have received an email from Mycic requesting a Canadian Police Cert from the time of my previous participation on the IEC in 2011. The FAQs of the IEC state that a Canadian Police Cert isn't necessary. But Mycic have requested it by March 11th and apparently it can take up to 16 weeks to obtain one from outside Canada (I'm in Ireland) At the moment my best option seems to be to fly to Toronto for a week, sort it, then return. Surely this shouldn't be necessary?

I've heard that this has happened to others who previously took part in the IEC. Has anyone gotten any definitive answers?

Also does anyone have the link to the facebook page for IEC with this person Kat who is supposedly a representative of the IEC? I've tried finding it but had no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Just wondering, are people putting all of the "W*******" number or just the digits?

jaff wrote: »
    Hi there, I have received an email from Mycic requesting a Canadian Police Cert from the time of my previous participation on the IEC in 2011. The FAQs of the IEC state that a Canadian Police Cert isn't necessary. But Mycic have requested it by March 11th and apparently it can take up to 16 weeks to obtain one from outside Canada (I'm in Ireland) At the moment my best option seems to be to fly to Toronto for a week, sort it, then return. Surely this shouldn't be necessary?

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php
    you can request a police cert online, its Defiently does not take 16 weeks, Im sure you can askt hem to rush it, you have to pay for it here though i requested one fro some thing else and they say 3 weeks but cud be less, and im in Toronto so dont think it matters where you apply for it from

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

Question for anyone who went to Canada on a J1 equivalent (think it was called SWAP) and is now renewing an IEC visa from Canada.
    Have you experienced any issues with your application? Is this still counted as your second visa?
    Hearing rumours that IEC regard an extension as a third visa (only if you went to Canada as a student before), and are rejecting applications...
    If anyone could shed light on this I'd appreciate it.

Guys
    For anyone stuck with the application process in Stage 2, read ripcord's instructions on p233 of the IEC Megathread.
    They're very useful

• Advertisement

this is it...

1. Scan the Garda Cert and upload it. Make sure the Guards stamped it!

2. Scan your passport and upload it. Note - You need to scan the identification page AND every page that has a stamp on it. And these all have to be saved into the one file! The scanning machine will be able to do this. You'll need to figure it out or ask someone there.

3. Fill in the 1295E form. Be careful with the Postcodes. I know you should fill in empty fields with N/A or Not applicable - but when I entered these in the poscodes the doc wouldn't upload correctly (even though the doc itself verified - weird). Click the Validate button - an extra page will be generated at the bottom of the doc with a load of barcodes on it. Fill in the date at the bottom of the doc. You can save this file. You can print it out, sign it, and scan it back in if you like, but the signature is not neccesary. Upoload this.

4. Fill in the Family Information form (including the dates). You can't save it - so print it and then scan it back in. You can sign it if you like (I doubt they will complain if its signed) but again its not needed.

5. Upload your CV. It should be simple and only 1 or two pages. Don't go into too much detail. There is info on the web about Canadian CV formats. These are handy in the long run for applying for jobs when you get over there. Some key points are: Do not include your Sex or Date of Birth - and make sure your address is obvious. Only use years and months for education/employment.
    These are the headings I used:
    Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

6. Upload your photo. It has to be VERY specific - like your head has to be between 35 and 39 mm high (or something like that). I can't find the restrictions at the moment, but I had to use photo-editing software to get mine working.

Once everything is uploaded a "Continue" button will be available at the bottom of the screen. Click this and go through the steps. I can't remember exactly but the steps are simple. Near the end you will be asked to apply a digital signature. I think its just a case of clicking a button and entering your name and password. Can't remember exactly but it's easy.

Once your finished, you will get a message in your CIC account confirming that they received your documents. Its a PDF file. When you open it there will be an application number at the top of the letter. This is your CIC number. Go into your IKompass account and in the My Profile section click the section to update your CIC number. Add this number in there.

That's about as much as I can remember. I doubt the WTN numbers are relative for the CIC, so having a low number (I was around 200) won't make much difference. I think it's first come first serve with these guys.

Now we play the waiting game again!

WasterEx wrote: »
    Just wondering, are people putting all of the "W*******" number or just the digits?

the whole thing letter and digits.

gary27 wrote: »
    the whole thing letter and digits.

Cool, just making sure! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaff

jaff wrote: »

http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php
    you can request a police cert online, its Defiently does not take 16 weeks, Im sure you can askt hem to rush it, you have to pay for it here though i requested one fro some thing else and they say 3 weeks but cud be less, and im in Toronto so dont think it matters where you apply for it from

Thanks for the link. That's only if you're in Toronto though and can be present. I'm in Ireland. It does however allow for you to get items notarized and consent a 3rd party to act on your behalf. That involves a lawyer here in Ireland, posting the documents to Canada and then the 3 week turnaround which is tricky since Mycic only give you a month to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 treefiddy

after ive filled in form imm1295e and validated it what do i do then what do i upload in regards to that form help please

The Family Information form folks,
    It has a list of countries on the second page, no mention of Ireland.
    It has a link then to a different form (imm5745)

Which one we go with?
    The upload page says the first one I've mentioned, but the IMM5745 seems to be the more correct one.

Panthro wrote: »
    The Family Information form folks,
    It has a list of countries on the second page, no mention of Ireland.
    It has a link then to a different form (imm5745)

Which one we go with?
    The upload page says the first one I've mentioned, but the IMM5745 seems to be the more correct one.

The one they provide. :)

WasterEx wrote: »
    The one they provide. :)

That's normally what I'd presume, but last year I had to submit the IMM5745.
    It asked about the rest of the family (brothers/sisters) where as the one they are asking for now doesn't seem to.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

I just created a new thread for application timelines. please share your timelines to help people calm down and know what to expect. Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83318422#post83318422

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 shi7zman

Hey guys,
    Think everyone is much further in there apps than me. Iv just received the conditional acceptance but have no idea how to attempt step 2. Is the “Come to Canada” questions the same as the Living in Canada questionaire? Any info appreciated.
    Thanks.

Advertisement