Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Run Dublin @ Night 28th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

cloneslad wrote: »
    I didn't like all the turns and found it very congested until the o2, then it was okay until we were back in the narrow winding streets.

I wanted to get in at 45:xx ended up at 46:10 which is annoying..... The race results are showing me as 45:40, I don't know where they are getting that time from!?

46.10 was the time you had going under the finishing sign I presume? The time on the results is your chip time so it doesn't count the time it took you to reach the starting post. Congrats you did run your target time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Overall thought it was good but between 8 and 10k was just all over the place, turning every 150m. Some open drain covers down around the o2 which was crazy. Hope no one ended up in them!

Results here http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1227%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Where can we see the results?

precisiontiming.net

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

Yeah, thanks to all the volunteers. Great contribution. :)

Pissed of here, though. Only my split time seems to have been recorded - no final result. My garmin was on the fritz tonight as well.

Just quite annoying when you you're aiming for a time and know you're only gonna get it/miss it by a few seconds. Was on target judging by split time, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Where can we see the results?

The precision timing website. They have a link for it on the samsung night run Facebook page. I can't link it cos my phone won't let me copy the address from the app

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

emco wrote: »
    46.10 was the time you had going under the finishing sign I presume? The time on the results is your chip time so it doesn't count the time it took you to reach the starting post. Congrats you did run your target time!

Your chip time is the time from when you actually crossed the start line to when you crossed the finish line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

emco wrote: »

46.10 was the time I had on my garmin, started it when I crossed the start point, stopped it when I crossed the finish line.

My chip time is showing 46;40, it should match my watch time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Overall thought it was good but between 8 and 10k was just all over the place, turning every 150m. Some open drain covers down around the o2 which was crazy. Hope no one ended up in them!

Results here http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1227%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

Damnit, wish I hadn't checked!.... it's showing me four precious seconds slower :D:D

EDIT: Also did the first 5k and second 5k in almost identical time which is kinda cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I was using Runkeeper on my Nexus 4. The distance was 10.01km and the time was exactly one second off the chip time. I wonder what distance was recorded for the people whose chip time seems off?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

They obviously took note of the moans and complaints from last year. Much improved and thoroughly enjoyable race. Got myself a nice shiny PB too. Can't wait for next year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

Great race. Really enjoyed it overall. Yet there was a lot of twisting and turning and I also saw somebody fall at around 7k. Thankfully he got moving again but pulled up just before the finish line. He tripped over something and really smashed his arm. Hope he is ok. Very Very congested overall and I seem to constantly be in somebody's way. I got a PB:D just by a few seconds so im happy with that. Good race overall and I hope to be back again next year. Well done to all involved and the runners of course

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭BenMicheal

statss wrote: »
    this was much improved on last year.route was actual better, start and finish area's better located. credit where credit is due. will be back (provided they dont raise the price again!)

I agree about the start and finish being much better located but the last 3 k's of the course was a nightmare and the way the road narrowed intermittently where they tried to double up on the route was shockingly annoying!

Good race though in general. If they got that last 2-3k sorted it would be a top TOP race in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Just back home there now from the race. Stopped off in McDonalds on Kylemore road on the way home. Looks like I wasn't the only one going by the number of luminous yellow tops in there!!

Did the run in 48:14 which I'm happy enough with as it was my second ever race after the 6k i did back in January The race was well run maybe except for the start and finish as there were a few bottlenecks. I'll know for the next one to get up closer to the start line so I won't have to do as much weaving to find space.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭wobblemouth

Really enjoyed this race. Very smoothly ran event as far as I could see.

Good atmosphere, plenty of supporters, plenty of stewards along the course.

The course was dead flat, and loads of people seemed to manage good times or PBs (managed to get under 38.30 for a PB myself).

I generally only run in the mornings, so was a bit pissed off hanging around all Sunday avoiding booze and crap food 'cos I was running that evening! But really glad I wasn't put off by the negative comments on last years race, and hope that this one becomes a regular event.

Yes it was very, very congested. But numbers was the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mixed reactions after last night. Very windy and congested in places, felt I sometimes couldn't find my stride. No toilets at the bag drop and alot of waiting about at the start and finish. New PB though so still happy enough with that, great crowd and support though out.

However, my Garmin also recorded a slightly longer course, 250 metres to be exact. I read the points about how all the twists, turns and back tracking might have added, but with an average pace of 4:59 through out, and an overall time if just over 51:00 perhaps there was an extra 1/4km somewhere. Feels like I was slighty robbed of my desired sub 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Enjoyed the race , great atmosphere , managed to knock off time of my PB :-)
    The last 2k were a bit congested but who cares ...
    Highlight for me : Lovely lady in her PJs on Sheriff Street [ 2.7k ? ] ' Come on Luv ! Ya nearly there !!!! ' - put a smile on my face for the rest of the route :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Vico1612 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the race , great atmosphere , managed to knock off time of my PB :-)
    The last 2k were a bit congested but who cares ...
    Highlight for me : Lovely lady in her PJs on Sheriff Street [ 2.7k ? ] ' Come on Luv ! Ya nearly there !!!! ' - put a smile on my face for the rest of the route :-)

There was some characters along the way. What I had expected last year but the weather put a damper on that.

Comparing this year to last year, the smooth running of the event this year was fantastic. Great to see the barriers along the course so one could actually see the course. The volunteer steward were fantastic again. Their encouragement to all the runners was brilliant. I would of preferred to run last years course again but in the city centre closing off all those roads must of been a no no.

All in all, I set a new PB yesterday of 43:10. Delighted with that as I do not train specifically for running events. I just run them in my spare time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Parking was a nightmare. I tried the parks aon Abbey street and along the quays all closed or the road was blocked.
    Had to settle for the one at cleary's.

As for the race, the pen's were to varied everyone seemed to be in the 45-60 one, should have had 45-48 /49-54 /55-60 pens as the first 2km was like playing dodgem's. Apart from that and the fact i got a stitch after 5km it was a nice run. Finished on 46:46

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Mr Jinx

AdrianII wrote: »
    Parking was a nightmare. I tried the parks aon Abbey street and along the quays all closed or the road was blocked.
    Had to settle for the one at cleary's.

As for the race, the pen's were to varied everyone seemed to be in the 45-60 one, should have had 45-48 /49-54 /55-60 pens as the first 2km was like playing dodgem's. Apart from that and the fact i got a stitch after 5km it was a nice run. Finished on 46:46

There was a load of parking on Seville place and behind Connolly station, and it was only 5 mins walk from the finish line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭omeatheopian

Really enjoyed this, and was very pleasantly surprised given the poor reviews on here from last year.

I've done 3 10k's and I have to say I thought this was the best in terms of organisation, running route etc. Granted it was dear though!

Did a time of 41.18, so think I'll keep going and try break 40 in a couple of months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

was the distanmce right ? i.e 10km

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

the last 2/3k was a nightmare, just when i thought we were on the home stretch there was a turn in the opposite direction. Have a runners knee which kicked in about 2k so the turns were killing me with pain :)

Got in at 53 so happy enough with that considering the Jega bombs at 6am on sat nite /Sun Morn :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Really enjoyed last night - and like others glad I signed up even after reading the comments on here. The support from the volunteers was amazing. Had a few close calls with potholes and speed ramps but thankfully survived them.

Set a new PB of 49:25 but could of taken another minute of that based on nearly perfect weather conditions on the night had there not been so much weaving required. My garmin clocked 10.29km and was 1 sec off the chip time.

For next year I'd like to see a few more groupings rather than the 4 they set-up for the staggered start - or at least break them up differently. The green group (45mins to 55mins) was way too big - and if you look at the times on precisiontiming nearly half of all the runners came in that time.

My other observation is one of thanks that they only managed to get 5,400 runners to sign up to this. They had targetted 10,000 - there is no way that course can hold 10,000 runners unless they space out the start times for groupings and sort out the congestion at the finish line.

A personal lesson learnt is not to arrive 90 mins early for an event like this!

donnacha wrote: »
    My other observation is one of thanks that they only managed to get 5,400 runners to sign up to this. They had targetted 10,000 - there is no way that course can hold 10,000 runners unless they space out the start times for groupings and sort out the congestion at the finish line.

Just saw on the news that they are reporting a turnout of 7000.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

Just saw on the news that they are reporting a turnout of 7000.
    That's a lot of DNFs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Had a great night last night, first race I've entered so I'm delighted with myself for that, the support there and the characters was brilliant and hilarious hearing some of the folks, especially the lads blaring Chariots of Fire out their apartment window!

Well done to everyone including the supporters/volunteeers was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

5689 position is the last on the list.

fletch wrote: »
    That's a lot of DNFs! :D

What's a DNF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

What's a DNF?
    Did Not Finish

Advertisement