Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Run Dublin @ Night 28th April

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

:D at the video. Why did they even bother? That could be the same segment for every single finisher and nobody would be any wiser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

pointless video. Good idea in theory but in practice.... my lord

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

sgarvan wrote: »
    pointless video. Good idea in theory but in practice.... my lord

What I don't get is that's it done by a professional organisation and you think they would say this is a waste of time.

Last year's was even worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tEtR1s

Is the video up? I can only see the one from last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hahaha, that's ridiculous.
    Why would you even bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

where exactly is the video of us finishing? wanna see the look of disgust and limping over the line

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Looking at last year's thread, it seems to suggest that the video is on the same page on precision timing's site as your time result. Just checked there and I don't see anything other than my time.

Is there where the video should be?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Anyone have the link, cant find it in the handbook or on precission timing.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

irish-stew wrote: »
    Anyone have the link, cant find it in the handbook or on precission timing.

My video was on the precision timing results page , but to be honest , it's a terrible video ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Vico1612 wrote: »
    My video was on the precision timing results page , but to be honest , it's a terrible video ....

is it still there?

Mine has nothing and i have clicked on random numbers also and nothing there too

• Advertisement

My video is gone. Pity - I was actually quite fond of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

vitani wrote: »
    My video is gone. Pity - I was actually quite fond of it.

Oh noooo :(
    It's gone !!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

The videos are actually to verify finishing times. Its a redundency setup in case there is a problem with the chips or someone loses a chip or claims they finished etc. The video will how the time someone crossed the line and allows them to match results to people who may have a post race query.

Its not a glamour shoot by any stretch of the imagination and is usually not a keepsake either.

Well done to everyone who took part.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Things I enjoyed about this race Good atmosphere great crowd & fellow runner support, Flat course, The big giant screen of a woman running elongated off one of the tall buildings was cool, the stewards I came across were very friendly & helpful,

Things they could do to make race better The first one would be to have the option of posting the numbers out @ €33 they could afford it? , Ballycotton 10 mile & Dungarvan 10 mile races post out numbers although granted entries wouldn't be as high around 1500 & 2500 respectively , The medal looks expensive to make so I guess that's why the price is high, One final thing when I went to get my bag the guy on the megaphone said anyone who got there bag should leave as people were changing into dry clothes which people should be entitled to do especially as it was quite cold afterwards.

The videos are actually to verify finishing times. Its a redundency setup in case there is a problem with the chips or someone loses a chip or claims they finished etc. The video will how the time someone crossed the line and allows them to match results to people who may have a post race query.

Its not a glamour shoot by any stretch of the imagination and is usually not a keepsake either.

The videos posted would be useless for verifying anything, tbh. Whatever angle they had the camera set up at didn't capture the majority of race numbers or faces, not helped by a light shining directly at the camera. I recognised my shoes because they're fairly distinctive but even that took me three views to actually find myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

The video appears to be gone see what all your complaining has done people!

Now I dont get a chance to look at it and complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This cannot be true as last years was blocked by spectators and this years you can only see peoples legs.

Race was also promoted with timing chip and video.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

I hate to be negative after such a fun night, but, disappointed with the lack of pictures from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

sumsar wrote: »
    I hate to be negative after such a fun night, but, disappointed with the lack of pictures from it.

It's tricky to get good pictures of moving objects in such low light conditions. I imagine many regular race photographers stayed away, figuring they would end up with blurry or just plain dark photos.

There is a great set of pre-race photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chedyus/sets/72157633374343916/

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

eoinín wrote: »
    It's tricky to get good pictures of moving objects in such low light conditions. I imagine many regular race photographers stayed away, figuring they would end up with blurry or just plain dark photos.

There is a great set of pre-race photos here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chedyus/sets/72157633374343916/

Good point, those are some fantastic pictures in that link!

• Advertisement

I think everyone just wants a picture of themselves doing the run but with that many people at the event, honestly what were the ods of getting a pic of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NCT

The run overall for me was disappointing despite a new PB, how mad is that, disappointed when you achieve a PB.

Way to crammed. For 10k I had poeple in front of me, at no stage did it open up.
    I saw the 2k, 5k, 6k and 7k but not the other markers, so couldnt pace myself. So would have done better.
    As other have posted water stations too were poor nand would have made more sense to have the water at end of race first and then medals.

Whilst it was a real experience and I've learnt loads especially to prep for large races, I don't expect I'll be back next year.

Don't mean to be negative, it's just a heads up for runners considering same next year.

BTW; liked the top and the buzz at the start was great. Everyone in good form and the crowds were very supportive. 5/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Perpetual Coyote

After a few days to reflect on this race, my overall thoughts are very positive. Loved the vibe and good natured banter with other runners at the beginning.

As other posters said the first 5 k were fantastic. I finished at approximately 50.29 which for my third 10k I was quite pleased with. I only run one annually but may considering stepping it up.

Second 5k was a little bit of a let down. Very narrow and doubled back on itself quite a lot.

I didn't find it too overcrowded but was amazed at the amount of jump in's on Westmoreland Street.

Impressed with the medals quite sleek and the running top is really good quality. Race more than paid for itself as I managed to blag two of them.

Organisation and posting of results was top class and the stewards were a real credit to their running clubs.

8/10 and I expect to be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭MeIsGod

I Really enjoyed this race. it mightn't be one for the racing snobs but i thought it was very well organised and ill be back next year.

Racing snobs?
    It was overcrowded to a nearly dangerous level, I'd hardly call that complaint snobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

Racing snobs?
    It was overcrowded to a nearly dangerous level, I'd hardly call that complaint snobby.
    I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to what you're saying just there.

Advertisement