Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Run Dublin @ Night 28th April

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

vitani wrote: »
    I see on Facebook that they're allowing registration at the Trinity Sports Centre during the number collection times.

I think they really must have overestimated that 10,000 entrants figure...

Can you still enter this has anyone confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

I was in and out in two minutes myself. Staff were very helpful, they even had someone sitting by the exit door to point it out (its the door with the big exit sign on it).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Yup, plenty of staff. In and out in two minutes also. Nice day for a lunchtime stroll too..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sara2002

Can anyone tell me if you need to have your number printed out or can you just show them the email on your phone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

emco wrote: »
    I was in and out in two minutes myself. Staff were very helpful, they even had someone sitting by the exit door to point it out (its the door with the big exit sign on it).

A very good looking girl she was too...

Much better experience today than last years mess at registration..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Sara2002 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if you need to have your number printed out or can you just show them the email on your phone? Thanks

I just showed the email on my phone.

~

In and out in 2 minutes as well. For ladies, if you're wondering about tshirt sizing, I'm a 10-12 and there's plenty of room left in the small. (Yes, I've tried it on already :o)

Nice shirt, if a little brighter than I'd expected. I'm amused, however, that I can't fit my Samsung Galaxy Ace into the pocket on the sleeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

wowzer wrote: »
    A very good looking girl she was too...

Much better experience today than last years mess at registration..

I got a bloke at the exit door :(

does anyone know can you still enter this if you go down to Trinity today? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

does anyone know can you still enter this if you go down to Trinity today? Cheers

Yup. According to their Twitter page. https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileIE

Registration will be open until 4pm on Sunday

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Yup. According to their Twitter page. https://twitter.com/SamsungMobileIE

Registration will be open until 4pm on Sunday

Im wondering is that just to register for those that have already entered/paid. Im looking to enter/pay and register

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

None of Samsung mobiles fits... grrr
    vitani wrote: »
    I just showed the email on my phone.

~

In and out in 2 minutes as well. For ladies, if you're wondering about tshirt sizing, I'm a 10-12 and there's plenty of room left in the small. (Yes, I've tried it on already :o)

Nice shirt, if a little brighter than I'd expected. I'm amused, however, that I can't fit my Samsung Galaxy Ace into the pocket on the sleeve.

Im wondering is that just to register for those that have already entered/paid. Im looking to enter/pay and register

Yea you can enter/pay in today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Yea you can enter/pay in today :)

Obvously never got near the numbers expected. Are they getting close now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

They said 3,000 picked up their race packs on the first day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Hope all the tops won't be gone by the time I pick up my race pack tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

irish-stew wrote: »
    Obvously never got near the numbers expected. Are they getting close now?

The signs on Friday were for people collecting numbers up to 7,999 - so it looks like there was a couple of thousand places left.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

Signed up for this last year but missed it due to a sore throat and rough chest. Signed up again this year...my throat is sore and chest feeling rough. God dammit!
    Hoping for a miraculous recovery by tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

Looking pretty windy, 8-10 degrees C, any idea on what to wear for this?

What about the waiting time before hand?

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭runwithme

Long top under race t-shirt and long running pants. It will be chilly I think and a chance of light rain. Park up and find a coffee shop relax in for a long as possible before the race...........limits the standing around.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

I just brought a pair of shorts and a long sleeve skins top to wear under the the race top, hope there's not a massive chill before we get moving.

Rookie mistake, though I hadn't realised you could only leave samsung plastic bag you were given at the drop off point, and packed my stuff in a sports bag as I'm workign today and heading there straight from work. Yeah I know I should have read the competitors guide before I was one the bus this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 NCT

Hi,

Does your running time start from 9pm or when you cross the line with your chip?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭dubal

when you cross the line, the start is in waves.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭messi1985

anyone know if the luas line is gonna be affected? i know the roads are close but thinking bout getting the luas from red cow into abbey st and walking to start from there.. the line runs across o connell st and we have to run past that twice.. any info would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Really not looking forward to being penned in before the start, ill be frozen before starting. Also thinking that if I wear long sleeved bar layer under my race shirt I'll be roasting on the run. Now thinking or bringing an old hoody to throw away before I start!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Really not looking forward to being penned in before the start, ill be frozen before starting. Also thinking that if I wear long sleeved bar layer under my race shirt I'll be roasting on the run. Now thinking or bringing an old hoody to throw away before I start!

Big black bin bag and you're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Big black bin bag and you're sorted.

Haha now you're talking! That's a good idea :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Haha now you're talking! That's a good idea :-)

My head is wrecked over where to park, there is about a mile between start and finish so thin I'll park close to finish and use walk as warm up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Park rite offering a discount of €3.50 per hour.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks(!)

Gonna leave now and find some free on-street parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Park rite offering a discount of €3.50 per hour.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaanks(!)

Gonna leave now and find some free on-street parking.

thats nice of them but most of them are 5€ on sundays for the night after 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

AdrianII wrote: »
    thats nice of them but most of them are 5€ on sundays for the night after 6pm

Cineworld was €2.70 and hour the last time I was there on a Sunday evening, and that wasn't with a discount.

Advertisement