Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Tiredness hitting me with a big stick - there just isn't enough hours to sleep :0)
    Have my niece's birthday party tomorrow; then working a 13 hour shift on Sunday. The Magical 2nd trimester is nearly here - tell me it's as wonderful as everyone says??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Tiredness hitting me with a big stick - there just isn't enough hours to sleep :0)
    Have my niece's birthday party tomorrow; then working a 13 hour shift on Sunday. The Magical 2nd trimester is nearly here - tell me it's as wonderful as everyone says??!!

Looking forward to that magical 2nd trimester myself! Next scan is Thursday week. Can't wait.

Roesy wrote: »
    Looking forward to that magical 2nd trimester myself! Next scan is Thursday week. Can't wait.

So is mine! What hospital? We may "bump" into each other! Ha ha (see what I did there?!)

So is mine! What hospital? We may "bump" into each other! Ha ha (see what I did there?!)

I'm in Cork, CUMH.

I'm in Cork, CUMH.

Ah, I'm in Dublin, Holles St. We can compare beans on here afterwards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Wooha wrote: »
    Oohh, I was in CUMH too yesterday -
    Was a bit surprised that I didn't get to see a consultant, but all is well, so maybe that is ok..

I was surprised too, especially as they had named a specific doctor on the appointment letter but I don't mind as long as everything stays problem free.

Spent an age translating all the data from the scan online! BPD, FL and all that. Can't stop looking at the photos either, just filled with pride looking at them. So cool.

Im 14 weeks now and managed to get through the first trimester without puking. Have puked twice in the last week!! But definitely feeling more energetic and less aversion to food. I think it was just late nights that caused the vomiting so try to avoid those!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

livinsane wrote: »
    Im 14 weeks now and managed to get through the first trimester without puking. Have puked twice in the last week!! But definitely feeling more energetic and less aversion to food. I think it was just late nights that caused the vomiting so try to avoid those!

I like the sound of being more energetic, just tidied up the house before OH comes in, just to say i did something!!

So yesterday i went into a baby shop for the first time. I saw THE pram... Its the silver cross sleepover chrome, i love it!!

Brought my mam in today to show her and before i even pointed it out she walked over to it and fell in love with it! So i have "the nannys" approval. OH will be shown soon enough, when hes paying the deposit :-)

I thought the vomiting had stopped but now i just take a fit of coughing and i upchuck everywhere ;( booking in date this wednesday so very excited about that! I was told to prepare to be waiting!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend xxx

Sickness is getting worse. Was hoping that it would start easing off before I went back to work. Not sure how my 30 Senior Infants are going to cope with me vomitting into the bin/sink because I can't leave them by themselves while I make a dash to the nearest toilets. Its annoying because there seems to be no pattern to it.

Hmmm, hopefully I may have spoken too soon. Didnt feel bad yesterday and feel pretty good today. Husband is delighted yet I'm a little worried that symptoms disappearing are a bad sign. Maybe a little overly anxious with the due date for my first pregnancy coming up. Should be in the April 2013 thread. 11 weeks tomorrow, when did the sickness start disappearing for the rest of you?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

11 weeks for the first one, 13 this time Roesy.

It's just a sign that the placenta is up and running making hormones for the baby and your own body isn't so flooded with them anymore. Enjoy feeling well, you're going to be exhausted again when you get bigger!

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    11 weeks for the first one, 13 this time Roesy.

It's just a sign that the placenta is up and running making hormones for the baby and your own body isn't so flooded with them anymore. Enjoy feeling well, you're going to be exhausted again when you get bigger!

It's hilarious, annoyed with being sick, worried when I'm feeling good. Damned if I do, damned if I don't :-)

It's hilarious, annoyed with being sick, worried when I'm feeling good. Damned if I do, damned if I don't :-)

Im the same, I was 9 weeks when I miscarried so when I'm not sick I assume the worst...... So every vomit is a good sign..... Sorry tmi there!!!

I was telling my 6 year old cousin I had a baby in my belly and he looks at me so serious and says "if it's a girl I like the name Rosey and I can tell everyone I have a cousin called Rosey" since I told oh about it he keeps saying he likes the name..... Me, I'm just waiting til July time and start looking!!

Ha ha! Me too! I had about five days two weeks ago where I didn't feel sick and I was panicking! Then it came back with a vengeance!

I went out last night for my cousins birthday, got into bed about 01.30 and up at 7 for work... Ugh! Glad I'm off tomorrow!

Guess what made a reappearance after nearly 3 days of no vomiting and little to no nauseau. Typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Guess what made a reappearance after nearly 3 days of no vomiting and little to no nauseau. Typical!

How are you feeling today?

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow, had no morning sickness whatsoever so far (just threw up 3 times in the evening and a good bit of "normal" nausea), and for some reason, I started getting morning sickness yesterday and today...
    This is not how it is supposed to work...

What's normal nausea Wooha? It's all morning sickness, no matter what time of the day it happens.

I'm currently at the stage where I wake up feeling good and gradually go downhill over the day. Was very bad yesterday evening and eventually got sick just as I was trying to climb into bed.

I have my 2nd GP appointment today. Took my urine sample this morning and it was cloudy :( . That never happened last time. I'm also getting itchier in the evenings. Hope there's nothing wrong with me

What's normal nausea Wooha? It's all morning sickness, no matter what time of the day it happens.

I'm currently at the stage where I wake up feeling good and gradually go downhill over the day. Was very bad yesterday evening and eventually got sick just as I was trying to climb into bed.

I have my 2nd GP appointment today. Took my urine sample this morning and it was cloudy :( . That never happened last time. I'm also getting itchier in the evenings. Hope there's nothing wrong with me

Fingers crossed all is okay for you DK.

I woke up with a congested chest and hacking cough - hope it's not another chest infection! I feel very sorry for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Oh well, I meant actually "morning" sickness with throwing up that happens in the morning time after getting up.
    "Normal" nausea for me at least is just feeling queezy, but no actual throwing up. And had that since week 6.
    I've always felt great in the morning, and then gradually got worse as the day progressed..

Oh well, I meant actually "morning" sickness with throwing up that happens in the morning time after getting up.
    "Normal" nausea for me at least is just feeling queezy, but no actual throwing up. And had that since week 6.
    I've always felt great in the morning, and then gradually got worse as the day progressed..

All the nausea is morning sickness. In fact it's worse than puking IMO. Dreadful feeling.

Started to feel crummy earlier today. Bleh.

I have what is possibly a preliminary job interview at 2. I'm not sure it's a job I even want but I have to put my best foot forward all the same. Hope I'm not too green about the gills!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I told work yesterday.. Eeveryone was grand but there is one woman whos obsessed with her child and keeps giving me all the gorey details of of labour and how my life wont be the same again and just sayimg everything I dont need to hear at the moment!!! She has also blurted out to everyone that im pregnant.. Just want to go home and cry now!! Ughhh

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    I told work yesterday.. Eeveryone was grand but there is one woman whos obsessed with her child and keeps giving me all the gorey details of of labour and how my life wont be the same again and just sayimg everything I dont need to hear at the moment!!! She has also blurted out to everyone that im pregnant.. Just want to go home and cry now!! Ughhh

Hugs.

:mad:

I remember when I had my first (and I was suffering pretty badly with depression too), I tore my favourite cardigan a little bit and I said to the midwife that was with me at the time that I'd have to sew it when I got home, that I sew in my spare time. Wagon said to me, "You mean you used to! Maybe in 18 years, eh?"

I burst into tears.

Well I was back sewing when my little guy was 3 months and I made him a swell pair of curtains for his room while he napped. So there!

Never mind the horror stories. Yes, labour is often a trial, but it's only a day or two out of your whole life. And babies do sleep (eventually) and you can have your hobbies back. Look at me. I'm doing it all over again!

Madisson wrote: »

There was a comment about this on the men's thread, about "well meaning" do-gooders warning first time parents that their life is about to come to a screeching halt, that they won't be prepared, that they won't cope etc etc. Such a load of horsesh1te! Of course things will change, duh! Every first-time parent does it, and copes in one way or another - what makes you think that I'll be any different?! I'm a care professional as well, I have in the past been the sole carer for anything up to 8 autistic children at a time, and currently care for 6-7 adults at a time with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviours; but one newborn apparently will be too much. Madisson - if she starts again, just reply, "well, you managed - it couldn't be THAT difficult!" smirk, and walk away!!

How are you feeling today?

I'm 14 weeks tomorrow, had no morning sickness whatsoever so far (just threw up 3 times in the evening and a good bit of "normal" nausea), and for some reason, I started getting morning sickness yesterday and today...

I'm not too bad, thanks. Nausea is fairly constant today and my back is killing me. I do think thats from the two week Easter break spent doing nothing and then going back to work to all the bending/crouching down etc. I'm 5'10 so the height difference between me and your average Senior Infant/Senior Infant desk is fairly significant. Must remember to bend the knees! The little feckers have a favourite pastime at the moment which involves them trying to build lego towers that are taller than me. The top of one fell on me today as they were measuring it:p

Hope your okay. Let us know how you get on. Good luck with the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Thanks ladies, just hate people like that, like its not bad enough being exhausted, getting sick and emotional but u get some busy body just making sure you feel as **** as possible!!! Eughhh... Positive thinking from now on :-D

All grand at the doc's. whoop!

Took him a while to find the heartbeat though, and I was glad I had found it myself before that or I may have been worried!

Interview went well. I'm not interested on moving from my current job, but sometimes your choice is removed.

Have had a goo on me for custard and jam Swiss roll for three days, and I've only just now managed to get some.... Yumm!! They didn't have Jamaica ginger cake in the local Spar, I'll be after that tomorrow :)

Same has happened to me. Felt constantly queasy for the first fourteen weeks but no actual vomitting. 15 weeks now and have thrown up at 7.30pm for the last three evenings. If it stays on such a tight schedule I'll be able to cope with it!

Had my booking in clinic this morning... I feel more relaxed about everything. I even got to meet my consultant as i have worries regarding my medical history... He was really nice and assured me i could go ahead with a vaginal birth as i had discusses the possibility of a csection with my own gp.

The scan was even more clearer this time. He was stretching and moving about. We got a picture of him facing us, it was so surreal!!!

Starting to get excited now!! Me and OH are going out together 11 years today so went for a meal at about 6ish so dinner will be well digested by bed!!

Hope everyone is well xx

Exciting stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Feeling good now I'm in the 2nd trimester thank god. It's getting more real now ladies!

Advertisement