Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

I think I've been in maternity jeans for about 3 weeks now - sooo compfy!!

Have to go to the doc today, started off with a really sore throat on thursday, then cough, then stuffy nose and since this morning the most horrible ear ache...
    There is so much info on the web on what you can and can't take, or natural remedies that are supposed to be ok, very confusing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Wooha wrote: »

Have to go to the doc today, started off with a really sore throat on thursday, then cough, then stuffy nose and since this morning the most horrible ear ache...
    There is so much info on the web on what you can and can't take, or natural remedies that are supposed to be ok, very confusing...

Ahh Wooha let us know how you get on! Nothing worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Wooha wrote: »

Oh no! Hopefully you'll be able to take something, it's horrible to have to suffer and not be able to take anything - we can't even steam with Olbas oil apparently!

On low dose antibiotics now, which should hopefully help. Can also take strepsils, paracetamol and vicks vapo rub, good to know.
    Hadn't noticed this morning when i posted that one of my eyes was acting up, so in the meantime i also got an eye infection :-)
    And then she wrote me a sick note for the
    whole week. I just hope that doesn't mean i will feel this bad for another 4 days... Come on drugs, do your job!

Btw, mamalicious maternity jeans are really great. They have an elastic band that you can tighten at the start and then loosen it bit by bit when you need it.

Hope everybody else out there in Octoberland is doing well?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

OMG, wrecked. Just spent the weekend in Edinburgh.

Belly is gi-normous. I know some of you first-timers are wishing for a bigger bump, but trust me, these things are heavy to lug around (even when not filled with a baby just yet).

Anyone know anywhere that does maternity shorts? We're off to Berlin in 3 weeks and I think it's going to be warm. I tried on a pair in Gap, but they were very small fitting and I don't trust my bum not to expand in the meantime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »

Belly is gi-normous. I know some of you first-timers are wishing for a bigger bump, but trust me, these things are heavy to lug around (even when not filled with a baby just yet).

Anyone know anywhere that does maternity shorts? We're off to Berlin in 3 weeks and I think it's going to be warm. I tried on a pair in Gap, but they were very small fitting and I don't trust my bum not to expand in the meantime.

Husband is trying to convince me that we should head off somewhere for the week next week because I'm off. Time away sounds nice but part of me is so used to hibernating over feeling rotten the last few weeks that it also seems like a lot of hassle to get sorted and try and find clothes that I don't feel fat in!

Not sure I'm quite wishing for a bigger(or any bump) yet, I'm just sick of the chunky, is she getting fatter or is she pregnant stage. All my family seem to produce 9 1/2lb-10lb+ babies so I'm sure there'll be plenty of bump going on soon!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Go Roesy. Seriously.

I had a great time in Edinburgh and it was good to get out of the hibernation zone. I felt miles better than normal.

They have some nice ones in H&M, fabric ones in a couple of different colours.

New look or Next? Jojo Maman Bebe is pricey but they had a few bits that were reasonable, might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Ladies, im going to a wedding at the end of may and none of my dresses fit me. where would i find a nice maternity dress? :O

• Advertisement

Madisson wrote: »
    Ladies, im going to a wedding at the end of may and none of my dresses fit me. where would i find a nice maternity dress? :O

Not a notion! Although, an ordinary maxi dress with a jacket over it might work?

Am wearing maternity tights today - sooo comfy! A big relief after having my pants dig in all week! I bought a little tube skirt in penneys, it was €4, it's great for sticking over leggings/tights if you don't yet want to wear long maternity tops. Gonna pick up a couple more - they have wide waistbands and are very comfy!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hey ladies
    Haven't been on in awhile. Can't believe where the weeks are going I'm nearly 17weeks now and seems like so much to do in short space of time! Have finally started feeling a little less exhausted than past few weeks so hopefully it will last. I'm feeling very fat and chunky the past week or 2, clothes are very tight. Think it's finally time to buy some maternity clothes.
    Wooha where did you get those mamalicious jeans they sound comfy. A few people have suggested h&m but I dropped in quickly last week and couldn't see anything that would suit for now, more for further along.

Off on a girlie weekend for the long weekend so will be testing watching all of them boozing away but so Looking forward to getting away

I was in H&M today and they had some nice mat shorts :)

Anyone else's nails in bits? Mine aren't fantastic to begin with but they are definitely worsening. To think I believed the 'oh, your nails and hair will be fantastic during the pregnancy'. They were clearly having a laugh in my case :( My already very thick hair does seem to be thicker and softer though! The nails are another story though, dry and weak looking.

Roesy wrote: »
    Anyone else's nails in bits? Mine aren't fantastic to begin with but they are definitely worsening. To think I believed the 'oh, your nails and hair will be fantastic during the pregnancy'. They were clearly having a laugh in my case :( My already very thick hair does seem to be thicker and softer though! The nails are another story though, dry and weak looking.

Yeah, my nails are all brittle and generally crap - but then, they've always been. They do seem to be growing a bit quicker. Haven't really noticed much difference in my barnet.

Felt like I'd been run over all day today. Went back to bed for an hour and ate a dairy milk, feel somewhat better :) Wondering when this alleged "glowing" will kick in!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Yeah, my nails are all brittle and generally crap - but then, they've always been. They do seem to be growing a bit quicker. Haven't really noticed much difference in my barnet.

Felt like I'd been run over all day today. Went back to bed for an hour and ate a dairy milk, feel somewhat better :) Wondering when this alleged "glowing" will kick in!!

I hear you about the tiredness. I'm like an auld one falling asleep on the couch in the evenings watching tv at about 9pm. Husband tries to send me off to bed and I claim I'm just resting my eyes :pac:

"I'm awake, I'm awake! Just closing my eyes for a se.....zzzzzzzzzz"

I had two 20 minute naps today..... Ooooops :)

Between the puking, the falling asleep all day, the big flabby belly, the flatulence and the moaning, we're quite the peach, aren't we?! It's such a WONDERFUL time!:p

Between the puking, the falling asleep all day, the big flabby belly, the flatulence and the moaning, we're quite the peach, aren't we?! It's such a WONDERFUL time!:p

The flatulence, ahhhh!! lol youd swear me and the OH were having a competition tonight with it ...

Defnitely having a wonderful time!!

• Advertisement

I'm in serious competition with himself after a feed of Guinness :P :eek:

I'm in serious competition with himself after a feed of Guinness :P :eek:

Haha great fun... We wont be saying that in the morning!

Did anyone watch the Late Late Show? My consultant was on it, he was the consultant for the twins that were born 87 days apart.... I dunno why but got very excited when i saw him talking!

I swear, the only reason i was watching it was because friends of ours were in the audience and we were trying to spot them!! Honestly!

How is everyone? All i feel is fat at the moment, i need something to remind me im pregnant.... Does that sound weird! Have docs app Wednesday and then will be counting down to 20 week scan!!

Haha great fun... We wont be saying that in the morning!

Did anyone watch the Late Late Show? My consultant was on it, he was the consultant for the twins that were born 87 days apart.... I dunno why but got very excited when i saw him talking!

I swear, the only reason i was watching it was because friends of ours were in the audience and we were trying to spot them!! Honestly!

How is everyone? All i feel is fat at the moment, i need something to remind me im pregnant.... Does that sound weird! Have docs app Wednesday and then will be counting down to 20 week scan!!

Didn't see the Late Late. Ryan T drives me nuts. I know someone in the audience for winning streak this week though and that could possibly drive me to watch it and that's another show on my hit list :p

I'm just feeling kind of chunky at the moment too and the puking seems to have eased off. Bar the tiredness in the evening and the nausea when I'm hungry I'm not feeling too bad...oh and the stupid peeing more during the night. Grrr! Have another scan on Wednesday week. Cannot wait for that.

Roesy wrote: »
    Didn't see the Late Late. Ryan T drives me nuts. I know someone in the audience for winning streak this week though and that could possibly drive me to watch it and that's another show on my hit list :p

I'm just feeling kind of chunky at the moment too and the puking seems to have eased off. Bar the tiredness in the evening and the nausea when I'm hungry I'm not feeling too bad...oh and the stupid peeing more during the night. Grrr! Have another scan on Wednesday week. Cannot wait for that.

Ah yes, the trips to the bathroom.... Keeping your eyes closed and guiding your way by touching the walls, my doc said to stop drinking after 7pm. I thought she was joking...

I am getting headaches but getting through them ok.... If they are unbearable il take a paracetamal....

Ah, peeing! My 5am wake up call of late! And 6am.... And 7am....!

I feel sooo fat! I'm trying to convince myself I have a bump, but in fact all I have is a big jelly belly! I have a LOT of loose skin on my belly from losing weight, and it's all kind of protruding at the moment - sexy! Can't wait until it starts to resemble something approaching a bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

18 weeks now and felt first definite movements last Tues. Like a little bubble moving along the inside of my stomach, lasted about a minute and felt very strange! My belly is unhideable now and feeling very proud of it! Telling work on Tues. I've been on hols for the last two weeks and I think everyone will be shocked to see the bump, like it came out of nowhere!

And I now know 5 other friends/close acquaintances due in Oct. Crazy.
    Anyone know anywhere that does maternity shorts?

I got a lovely pair in New Look, denim and come just above the knee. Very comfortable for walking around. Pic doesn't do justice, they look better on:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/shop-department/maternity-blue-denim-underbump-kneelength-shorts_271175541

Speaking of New Look, their online maternity collection is marvelous. I got a few beautiful dresses delivered lately, very cheap.

livinsane wrote: »
    18 weeks now and felt first definite movements last Tues. Like a little bubble moving along the inside of my stomach, lasted about a minute and felt very strange! My belly is unhideable now and feeling very proud of it! Telling work on Tues. I've been on hols for the last two weeks and I think everyone will be shocked to see the bump, like it came out of nowhere!

And I now know 5 other friends/close acquaintances due in Oct. Crazy.

I got a lovely pair in New Look, denim and come just above the knee. Very comfortable for walking around. Pic doesn't do justice, they look better on:

http://www.newlook.com/shop/maternity/shop-department/maternity-blue-denim-underbump-kneelength-shorts_271175541

Speaking of New Look, their online maternity collection is marvelous. I got a few beautiful dresses delivered lately, very cheap.

Must check out the NL site, thanks for the tip! And wow about feeling movement! I so can't wait for that!

Im going to the circus today, havent been in years :)

I went for a long walk yesterday and my back seized up last night but feeling ok today... Its to nice out to stay inside! OH will be watching the final of the snooker so his loss!!

Im going to the circus today, havent been in years :)

I went for a long walk yesterday and my back seized up last night but feeling ok today... Its to nice out to stay inside! OH will be watching the final of the snooker so his loss!!

Haven't been to the circus in years either. Wish the weather was nice here. The wind is howling. Was out late enough last night so went back to bed for a while. There is something smelling amazing in the kitchen. Maybe enough to rouse me out of the leaba again!

• Advertisement

If the wind was howling I would still be in bed!

Ooh let us know what your smelling :) OH is going to his mams for dinner and she's putting some on a plate for me :)

I was putting on a vest top and the realisation has kicked in on how big my boobs are.... I felt like a hooters girl.... Have a dress top thing on now... I robbed tops on my mam last week, so will get away with them for a while

Advertisement