Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Anyone have any tips for keeping down the folic acid.. As soon as I take it I get sick, only started the last few days!! Not fun

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Madisson wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for keeping down the folic acid.. As soon as I take it I get sick, only started the last few days!! Not fun

What form are you taking it in? Clonfolic tabs are titchy and I'd barely notice them going down with a glass of water.

Could you try just before going to bed? Worked for me last time when I had trouble taking iron.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Das Kitty wrote: »

What form are you taking it in? Clonfolic tabs are titchy and I'd barely notice them going down with a glass of water.

Could you try just before going to bed? Worked for me last time when I had trouble taking iron.

+1 - clonfolic are tiny, I'm not great at swallowing tablets but they go down no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Had my early scan today, measuring 8+4, a day ahead of what I thought. Was so great to see everything was where it was supposed to be. I have to say I was in tears when I saw the tiny little heartbeat flickering away. Am definitely feeling more positive now. If only I could get rid of the nasty, sour taste in my mouth!

nikpmup wrote: »

+1 - clonfolic are tiny, I'm not great at swallowing tablets but they go down no problem.

Ive no prob with swallowing them for some reason as soon aa they hit my stomach they come back up. I was taking pregnancy carr but not taking Kelvin folic acid and its the same no matter what time of the day! So weird

• Advertisement

Ive no prob with swallowing them for some reason as soon aa they hit my stomach they come back up. I was taking pregnancy carr but not taking Kelvin folic acid and its the same no matter what time of the day! So weird

Are you having problems keeping food down? Maybe try taking them with a spoon of food rather than liquid?

Roesy wrote: »
    Had my early scan today, measuring 8+4, a day ahead of what I thought. Was so great to see everything was where it was supposed to be. I have to say I was in tears when I saw the tiny little heartbeat flickering away. Am definitely feeling more positive now. If only I could get rid of the nasty, sour taste in my mouth!

The taste is rank - chewing gum/mints don't seem to take it away! Try something sweet, like a boiled sweet? It's all short term!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Twelve weeks tomorrow and delighted to say that the exhaustion and nausea is finally passing! Went out last night and only hit the bed at 2.30am and felt fantastic waking at 8am for work. This no drinking is the business! Had been retiring at 9pm every night for the last two months so nice to get a social life back.

My scan isn't until 3rd of April. Feels like a lifetime away. I was a week out with my dates so it pushed the appointment out. Belly expanding so wonder how long more I can keep it under wraps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Baby Brain

We're expecting our first child and Myself and my wife had an early scan last night - queue big shock - twins. Fraternal twins at that. Both okay, same size and good heartbeats. She's 8 weeks and 1 day as expected.

We'd no idea - no family history on her side that we know of, no IVF and she is under 30. So a major major shock, still can't get my head around it will take a while. Bit scary too with extra risks etc. She was due around 30 Oct but obviously will be earlier now!

Know our lives will be turned upside down - doubly so now!

livinsane wrote: »
    Twelve weeks tomorrow and delighted to say that the exhaustion and nausea is finally passing! Went out last night and only hit the bed at 2.30am and felt fantastic waking at 8am for work. This no drinking is the business! Had been retiring at 9pm every night for the last two months so nice to get a social life back.

My scan isn't until 3rd of April. Feels like a lifetime away. I was a week out with my dates so it pushed the appointment out. Belly expanding so wonder how long more I can keep it under wraps.

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow too. :D

No word on my scan yet, not expecting it til 22 weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

I'm 12 weeks tomorrow too. :D

No word on my scan yet, not expecting it til 22 weeks though.

We were both having fun at the same time so!

How come so long a wait?

livinsane wrote: »
    We were both having fun at the same time so!

How come so long a wait?

Galway!

That's standard here.

2 more weeks and hopefully I wont feel like death all the time!! :)

Was so happy after the scan yesterday and then I started cramping and bleeding last night. Bleeding wasn't very severe but felt very like the way my miscarriage started last time. Cue tears and a trip out to CUMH fearing the worst. They checked me internally and the bleed had stopped. Cervix is closed too. No scan as they said the machines in the emergency room weren't that sensitive. Still crampy but no bleed since. Was just told to take it easy and go back if it starts again. Am still fairly worried but trying not to stress. Had odd/horrible dreams too, dreamt that I was miscarrying and it was a hot topic on the Internet and people were being really mean!

Hugs Roesy.

Is there any way to get in to the early pregnancy unit today?

Hugs Roesy.

Is there any way to get in to the early pregnancy unit today?

They didn't mention it as an option. Just to come back if things worsen. Just had a look at the early pregnancy clinic hours there. They are Monday to Friday only.

Big hugs, Roesy - I've everything crossed for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ilovedexter

Is a sore jaw relating to pregnancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 chicita

Hi everyone, not been able to post ages as they have blocked boards in work!

Roesy, how are you feeling now? Has the bleeding stopped? Was your scan the trans-vaginal one? If so they can sometimes cause cramping and bleeding. I had cramping after both of mine. I think the skin is just so sensitive in there.

Das kitty, that’s a long wait for a scan. Surely they should do a quick one to re-assure you at the 12/14 week mark.

Hope everyone is doing well. Since I last posted we have had our 6 and 8 week scans and everything was great. Twins!! Talk about shock! Delighted though. The sickness has kicked in but its not too bad. Just this horrible queasiness all the time, however as long as I keep eating I am fine. The nurse said it was due to a drop in blood sugar. If it gets too low the sickness kicks in! Funnily enough I feel ok if I am exercising too! My 2 best friends at the moment are food and the gym, but not doing too much in there.

Does anyone know where you can buy maternity gym gear? I have a fine bump already. My SIL gave me a few maternity bits and I had to wear the leggings today and they were a godsend. I also had to bite the bullet and buy a pair of maternity trousers for work. I have had the top button open for the last week or so and the zip is about to go on them! For anyone interested I tried all of them from Debenhams, Next,Mothercare and I thought that the Next ones were the most comfortable, they are under the bump ones. Only 8+4 today sogod only knows what I will be like in another few weeks!

Hope everyone is doing ok.

You'd think they would scan me then, but no!

I'm also wondering a bit if I might be carrying more than one myself. I'm big, which I'm putting down to it not being my first... But I also I had ovulation pain on both sides in Jan when I conceived...

I'm probably worrying over nothing. Anyone know if they can pick 2 up on a Doppler?

• Advertisement

chicita wrote: »

Hi everyone, not been able to post ages as they have blocked boards in work!

Roesy, how are you feeling now? Has the bleeding stopped? Was your scan the trans-vaginal one? If so they can sometimes cause cramping and bleeding. I had cramping after both of mine. I think the skin is just so sensitive in there.

Congratulations on the twins!
    Scan wasn't internal. Bleeding has stopped thankfully, had a little spotting and unusual discharge yesterday and still quite crampy today. Will probably give the EPU a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Boobs are still quite sore, am tired, and still have no real mind for food. Am hoping that these are good signs!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

roesy, hope everything is going ok for you.

i have my first hospital appointment in holles street on wednesday at 9am. does anyone know how long they take or what exactly happpens. trying to figure out whether i'll be able to get to work or not that day.
    thanks.
    hope everyone is doing ok.

i have my first hospital appointment in holles street on wednesday at 9am. does anyone know how long they take or what exactly happpens. trying to figure out whether i'll be able to get to work or not that day.
    thanks.

My appointnent letter for the rotunda says it will take at least 2 hours! Dont know if its the same process but id imagine so :)

My appointnent letter for the rotunda says it will take at least 2 hours! Dont know if its the same process but id imagine so :)

thanks madisson. as much as i'm dreading telling work, the sooner the better. i can't take the lying anymore :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Hi everyone :D

I'm 10+3 today. So excited!!! We had a scan last week it was so surreal. I was very overwhelmed!

I'm having a relaxing today, just got into clean pjs! Very sick yesterday, but feeling aches and pains today. I have that horrible taste in mouth, it's horrible!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend xx

Rosey, hope everything is going well xx

Having my checking appointment on the 25th of April.

So coming up on 17 weeks. Not too bad.

Telling my boss today. I was on the verge of spilling on a walk to another building when I fell over and hurt my palms pretty badly. Ow. So I've booked in a meeting instead now to tell him proper-like.

thanks.

When you get there, go to outpatients and check in at the desk. It opens at 8am - the earlier you get there the better! There's a big queue. Bring your letters/forms etc. They'll give you your file and tell you to head down to check in with the midwife. She'll weigh you (eek!) and send you for a urine test and then booking bloods. You'll then do a history with the midwife; and then you'll get called to see the doc - they do a mini-scan so you get to see your beanie!! The doc will then tell you to make another appt on your way out at the check in desk. It takes a while - I got there at 9am and was out by 12.30ish. I really would recommend getting there early - the desk opens at 8am, the sooner you're there the better - I got there at 9am and there was a queue to check in. Good luck!

nikpmup wrote: »
    When you get there, go to outpatients and check in at the desk. It opens at 8am - the earlier you get there the better! There's a big queue. Bring your letters/forms etc. They'll give you your file and tell you to head down to check in with the midwife. She'll weigh you (eek!) and send you for a urine test and then booking bloods. You'll then do a history with the midwife; and then you'll get called to see the doc - they do a mini-scan so you get to see your beanie!! The doc will then tell you to make another appt on your way out at the check in desk. It takes a while - I got there at 9am and was out by 12.30ish. I really would recommend getting there early - the desk opens at 8am, the sooner you're there the better - I got there at 9am and there was a queue to check in. Good luck!

thats great. thank you so much.
    and thats good to know that the desk opens at 8am. when i booked in i was sure the girl on the phone said 8am but then i got the letter and it said 9am. so we'll be there at 8am.
    and delighted at the mini scan. we had a scan at 9 weeks but would love to see jellybean again.

Having my checking appointment on the 25th of April.

So coming up on 17 weeks. Not too bad.

Telling my boss today. I was on the verge of spilling on a walk to another building when I fell over and hurt my palms pretty badly. Ow. So I've booked in a meeting instead now to tell him proper-like.

Ow, you poor thing. Hope you're okay. You must have gotten a fright. Good luck with telling your boss. Had to tell mine a couple of weeks ago as I needed a couple of hours off during work for bloods and needed cover for my class. Was funny as aside from my parents she was the first person to know!

Have a repeat scan Wednesday morning. Seems like ages away but the cramping has eased a bit today and no more spotting so hopefully everything will be okay.

• Advertisement

Fingers & toes crossed for you Roesy

Advertisement