Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options
1102103104105106108»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    We found a thick layer of Bepanthen did the job. Using leftover Lansinoh on his dribble rash. The head on him these days between that and the million knocks he gets on a daily basis. Still smiling though, wee trooper.

Didn't find bepanthen great in the past but might try it as a barrier layer instead of Vaseline and see does that work.

My mad little thing seems to have three little perma-bruises in the same spots on her noggin the whole time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Roesy wrote: »
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7sOA_U3-HOs

Your posts reminded me of this Nikpmup and Das Kitty!

We are dealing with a sore bum after every poo nappy. Poor little thing dreads change time now. Any tips ladies? My usual go to of Metanium nappy rash ointment is clearing it but next dirty nappy it returns with a vengeance. Don't know whether it's teeth related or what? She has nearly a full mouthful. Only 4-5 to go thankfully.
    LOVE go the f**k to sleep, and often quote it!!

Roesy - Canestan 1% cream. After trying EVERY treatment for bum rash known to man, a pharmacist told me to try this and it cleared up in a couple of days - I didn't know a nappy rash could be fungal. There's even a pic of a baby on the tube. Seriously, give it a try.

And my boy has permanent bruises on the same spots above his eyebrows, as well as a fresh scar from slicing his noggin open a few weeks ago. I'm just hoping that chicks really do dig scars.

How are we doing ladies? Mrs will be 18 months in a couple of weeks, just wondering is there another public health nurse check at this stage?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's one around 2 if I recall correctly. How are the little people doing? Any words yet?

Rory is constantly "talking".

My lad babbles, its a load of gobblegegook, but he has the intonation and inflections of grown up talk :) Words wise, its still only mamma, Dada, all gone, and no "/ He understands a lot though. If you tell him he's going in mamas car, he'll point at the door, if you tell him to get his shoes he will look for them.

He has to go for an MRI under sedation because of his oversized head :( Really don't want him to have to have it, but at the same time I want to rule out any problems.

• Advertisement

That's a worry about the MRI but hopefully you'll get it quick enough and it'll rule out anything serious.

People tell us she has a lot of words for her age. She never stops 'talking' either. She copies words we say a good bit too and tries to use them herself. She wouldn't be great at following instructions though! Maybe that's just the boldness though :D Little vampire bit me today, in fact she's biting everything today and has turned into a drool machine again the last week or so. Almost as bad those early days when the salivary glands kicked in. Hoping its teeth and it'll sort itself out soon.

Hugo had his MRI today, he woke up towards the end and started to move around so they *may* have to repeat it, the radiologist was hopeful that they got enough pictures though. He's been like an aul drunk at the end of a party that no one wants to look after all day.
    The waiting room was very funny, full of drunken babies.

I bought him some new toys to cheer him and me up. Do. Not. Buy. Toot. Toot. Drivers. ANYTHING!!!! They are evil, and there is 635,000,000 accessories. All of which my mother will now purchase.

Did you get the results of the MRI, nikpmup?

So this time last week I was quite busy :D daughter no.2 came rocketing into the world. Induced again but labour was ridiculously fast and furious and it's been hectic since. Big sister was great for the first couple of days, way better than I expected but has become incredibly clingy and emotional. I suppose with just under 20 months between them it was always going to hit her hard. She's also got tonsillitis. Poor thing is rarely sick.

Congratulations Roesy!!! That's great news! I can't even dream of what it would be like to have a newborn in the house; our little terror would probably try to do what he does to every dog that he meets - i.e., go, ''aaaaah!!!'' while trying to bash it's snout in! :eek:

As for Hugo's MRI, well, he's got no fluid on the brain,which is good news - he's just got a big head! :o They did find something called a Rathke's cleft cyst on his pituitary - essentially, it's a benign cyst/tumour on the pituitary gland; most people who have one don't know they do and it's only discovered, as in Hugo's case, when they have a brain MRI for another reason. The Neurological team in Temple St came to the conclusion that at the moment, they reckon it's not something that needs treatment - reading between the lines, I reckon they think that it's not worth rooting about in a two year old's head for something that may never trouble him. If in the future he develops certain symptoms, such as blurred vision, weight or appetite gain or loss, unsteadiness on his feet etc, then we'll know to go straight for another MRI to see if it's changed. The doctor in Temple St didn't seem overly concerned - she was to write to my GP and I've to follow it up with her (was waiting for my GP visit card to come through :o )
    Other than that, he's thriving. He's a little slow with speaking - he doesn't have many words yet, but lots of babbling and he definitely understands loads of what's said to him. Another thing to get seen by the GP for, just want to check he's okay - I'm not overly worried just yet, but if he does need speech therapy, I'd like him to be on the list sooner rather than later.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Congrats Roesy!

And glad your little guy is ok nikpmup.

Rory is in good form. He suddenly exploded with words a few weeks ago. Now that he's being understood he's far less cranky. He still thinks he's the same age as the older one and kills himself trying to do the same things. He's wild for colouring at the moment.

He's also a walking head-injury. He's covered in bruises from various collisions with tables and handles and the floor.

I was away for a week recently so he's thrilled to be around me at the moment. Lots of cuddles, and fighting with the older one about who gets to cuddle me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement