Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Ugh, I am miserable. Not usually this much of a whinge bag I swear. I have a horrendous headache, chills and sore throat. Feeling weak too. Just about to crawl into bed. Have a dr appointment in a couple of hours. No way will I be able for work tomorrow. Barely got through today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Ugh, I am miserable. Not usually this much of a whinge bag I swear. I have a horrendous headache, chills and sore throat. Feeling weak too. Just about to crawl into bed. Have a dr appointment in a couple of hours. No way will I be able for work tomorrow. Barely got through today.

Plenty of rest and water pet xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm the same, hacking cough and splitting headache. Sucks not being able to dose myself! Ah well... Hope you feel better soon Roesy. Lots of hot drinks, and try holding your head over a bowl of steaming water, it helps if you're congested.

Have a high temperature along with an ear and throat infection. Paracetamol, antibiotics and rest.

Have a high temperature along with an ear and throat infection. Paracetamol, antibiotics and rest.

Oh yuk - you poor thing. Make sure you rest up, stay in bed for the weekend. Send OH for nice soups and fresh juices. Hope you feel better soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

Hope youre all doing ok... There must be something going around, ive had a head ache and sore throat the last few days too.. Early night tonight though because ive my first appointment tomorrow, im soooo excited so cannot let myself be sick for it :-D

Having a hot lemon with some manuka honey then hitting the hay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hello all
    Can I join you oct ladies? I was in the due nov group as had my date as 8th nov but got a big surprise on sat when I went for an early scan thinking I was only about 9 weeks gone and scan showed I was actually over 13 weeks and due 10th oct! Bit shocked but delighted to be a month further along than I thought! I had counted what I thought was a period in feb but now seems was just spotting, thankfully didn't cop that at time as would have freaked me out! Was great to be able to tell everyone and it explained why my belly seemed so big too! I had to make some quick decisions about hospital appointments so going to holles st next fri so looking forward to some reassurances then!

How you all feeling? I haven't had any sickness just eating a lot and my god I'm constantly tired, really struggle to get up in the mornings! But so glad to be here!

knock13 wrote: »
    Hello all
    Can I join you oct ladies? I was in the due nov group as had my date as 8th nov but got a big surprise on sat when I went for an early scan thinking I was only about 9 weeks gone and scan showed I was actually over 13 weeks and due 10th oct! Bit shocked but delighted to be a month further along than I thought! I had counted what I thought was a period in feb but now seems was just spotting, thankfully didn't cop that at time as would have freaked me out! Was great to be able to tell everyone and it explained why my belly seemed so big too! I had to make some quick decisions about hospital appointments so going to holles st next fri so looking forward to some reassurances then!

How you all feeling? I haven't had any sickness just eating a lot and my god I'm constantly tired, really struggle to get up in the mornings! But so glad to be here!

Welcome to the October thread. Would love to be a month ahead...jealous! Feeling pretty rubbish but I'm sick at the moment too. Nausea can be quite bad though. Not as bad as some folk though. Lately found out my cousin is pregnant and due the same week as me and the poor thing has been hospitalised with extreme morning sickness.

knock13 wrote: »
    Hello all

Welcome to the October thread!! I was eating a lot in the beginning but that's kind of settled down now, I'm sick at times but I haven't been too bad - although the last couple of mornings brushing my teeth has set off my gag reflex and I've been getting sick :( Ah well. I've been very tired too, but hopefully that'll pass soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Has anyone had experience of pregnancy vitamins making them sick? I was taking seven seas pregnancy plus lately, and have recently started puking. Stopped taking the tablets a few days ago and it hasn't happened since. Any suggestions for another brand?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Common it seems. Try just the Clonfolic. The rest are overkill IMO, babies are perfect parasites, they take exactly what they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Common it seems. Try just the Clonfolic. The rest are overkill IMO, babies are perfect parasites, they take exactly what they need.

Reason I started the multi vits is because my iron was low. I've heard iron tablets can make you constipated so hoped the pregnancy ones might be gentler.

livinsane wrote: »
    Reason I started the multi vits is because my iron was low. I've heard iron tablets can make you constipated so hoped the pregnancy ones might be gentler.

It could be the iron all right. Tesco do a low daily dose iron tab, and if you take them before bed with a glass of OJ, it helps. Well it helped me last time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Just back from the Baby Fair, was really good, could of easily spent loads! My friend was with my so the amount of freebies I ended up with is brilliant!

Having a nap a now as I'm wrecked :(

Madisson wrote: »
    Hope youre all doing ok... There must be something going around, ive had a head ache and sore throat the last few days too.. Early night tonight though because ive my first appointment tomorrow, im soooo excited so cannot let myself be sick for it :-D

How'd your appointment go, Madisson?

I have a sinus infection - miserable isn't the word. My head feels like its full of rocks, I'm all congested and my face hurts and I'm weak and shaky. It'll be the doc for me Monday if I'm not better. Meant to be going to the baby show tomorrow, not if I'm like this! :mad::(

nikpmup wrote: »

I have a sinus infection - miserable isn't the word. My head feels like its full of rocks, I'm all congested and my face hurts and I'm weak and shaky. It'll be the doc for me Monday if I'm not better. Meant to be going to the baby show tomorrow, not if I'm like this! :mad::(

It was INCREDIBLE!!! the doc said everything is perfect, it was literally doing somersaults in there and then started sucking its thumb :-D I can see its going to be an active baby, wont be worrying about losing weight haha!!! :)

Great stuff! I've an appointment on Thursday morning, can't wait to see the baba!

I feel your pain! Think the antibiotics are starting to kick in for me, temperature is staying down thank god but the glands on my neck are still massive and throat is still quite sore. You probably should go to the dr alright. In the meantime have you tried steaming?

I feel your pain! Think the antibiotics are starting to kick in for me, temperature is staying down thank god but the glands on my neck are still massive and throat is still quite sore. You probably should go to the dr alright. In the meantime have you tried steaming?

I've had my head over a basin, I've had a hot, hot shower (let it run for 15 mins to steam up the bathroom), and I'm currently lying on the couch with a hot flannel over my head - it seems to be helping a bit. I'm a terrible patient!! Doc on Monday if I feel the same, I don't mind the congestion/general unwell-ness, it's the pains in my face and head I'm not loving! Feels like someone's stabbing me in the eyes! Although I don't envy you either - I had repeated strep throats for about a year when I was in my early 20's, very not fun! You have my sympathy!

• Advertisement

As in all good period dramas, the fever seems to have broken in the small hours of the morning! Feeling a lot better today - I was in tears last night with the pain in my head! It's still there this morning but much reduced. I've been chugging paracetamol for three days, I'm not really keen on doing so but I really had no choice, my head and face was killing me. How I longed for a couple of solpadene and some sudafed!!! Hopefully the worst is over now though. I'm gonna keep the paracetamol up today to ward off the head pain.... *wonders how the hell she'll cope with labour if she can't deal with headache*!!

As in all good period dramas, the fever seems to have broken in the small hours of the morning! Feeling a lot better today - I was in tears last night with the pain in my head! It's still there this morning but much reduced. I've been chugging paracetamol for three days, I'm not really keen on doing so but I really had no choice, my head and face was killing me. How I longed for a couple of solpadene and some sudafed!!! Hopefully the worst is over now though. I'm gonna keep the paracetamol up today to ward off the head pain.... *wonders how the hell she'll cope with labour if she can't deal with headache*!!

Ha, you have me thinking of Downtown Abbey now. It's amazing how much better you feel without the temperature. I felt the same about taking the paracetamol and antibiotics.

Hit the baby fair today in the RDS..... Had to drag my OH away from the Mima stand where he was ogling a €350 Moon highchair!! I picked up a rain cover for the maxi cosi car seat my sister is donating to me, as well as a Stokke mycarrier sling for my OH from Tony Kealy's. A bit pricey, but well worth it (will keep him endlessly happy :) ) I also ordered an isofix car seat base from Eurobaby - they had a sale on this weekend on their site; it was €119; the cheapest I saw at the show was about €140, and they are €159 in Mothercare, so happy days. The biggest things left to get is a cot or Moses basket, and a baby monitor. As well as the car seat my sister is giving me her Quinny buzz travel system - buggy and carrycot so I've saved myself about a grand!

Anyone else feeling any movements yet?

I've been feeling the odd poke for the past week and some squirming from time to time. He's below and left of my belly button.

I'm starting to feel the beginning of braxton hicks too. The whole lot goes hard (no pain). I forgot what all these things felt like until I experienced them again. :)

Anyone else feeling any movements yet?

I've been feeling the odd poke for the past week and some squirming from time to time. He's below and left of my belly button.

I'm starting to feel the beginning of braxton hicks too. The whole lot goes hard (no pain). I forgot what all these things felt like until I experienced them again. :)

Wow! I cannot. Frikkin. Wait. until I can feel movement; and until my oh can feel it as well! Must be amazing :)

I think it's earlier this time. It was in and around 17 weeks last time.

Good day: had appointment in Holles St, all good, back in June for big scan.
    Bad day: although all-day nausea seems to have gone, the last few days I've been vomiting with little or no warning - we were having a celebratory breakfast in the Kilkenny Shop cafe this morning after our appointment, when I had to run for it and upchuck in the cafe toilets. Not my finest moment.

Good day: had appointment in Holles St, all good, back in June for big scan.
    Bad day: although all-day nausea seems to have gone, the last few days I've been vomiting with little or no warning - we were having a celebratory breakfast in the Kilkenny Shop cafe this morning after our appointment, when I had to run for it and upchuck in the cafe toilets. Not my finest moment.

Same here. I coughed lightly last night and it was all I could do to stop my stomach heaving. It's wearing off though, I'd prefer this to nausea.

Had to put a little pillow under my bump last night. The first of many many pillows.

It took ages to look pregnant the first time, this time it was out and proud in no time. :)

Big scan for me next Thursday. Exciorah.

Same here. I coughed lightly last night and it was all I could do to stop my stomach heaving. It's wearing off though, I'd prefer this to nausea.

Had to put a little pillow under my bump last night. The first of many many pillows.

It took ages to look pregnant the first time, this time it was out and proud in no time. :)

Big scan for me next Thursday. Exciorah.

I had major bump envy today in the hospital!! I just look fat! We're telling family & friends today, I can't wait! He's just gone to tell his mum, we're heading down to my folks at lunchtime and everybody else after that.... Starting to feel very real!

• Advertisement

Congrats on the scan. Im the exact same... Vomiting and heart burn but no nausea.. Very strange

Advertisement