Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Had the rescan this morning. Junior is doing well. We even got to hear the heartbeat! Also discovered that I am rhesus negative so had the implications of that explained. Met with our consultant, he was very reassuring. Feeling much better about everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Had the rescan this morning. Junior is doing well. We even got to hear the heartbeat! Also discovered that I am rhesus negative so had the implications of that explained. Met with our consultant, he was very reassuring. Feeling much better about everything.

Thats brilliant news Rosey, im delighted for you xx

Feeling very sick this morning so just had an ice lolly which helped a bit!

Just realised im meeting a friend for coffee this afternoon, calling out to another friends tonight. Tomorrow a friend is calling in with her 6 week old baby, my best friend is calling down for a duvet day and another friend who is just home from Oz asked us all out to dinner tomorrow night.....

I need to learn to say to no. Il have to just flop on Friday..... :/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Delighted for you Roesy. Did they tell you anything about why you may have been bleeding last week?

Going to the GP next week to hopefully hear the heartbeat all going well.

My three year old has warned me that he wants a *baby* brother and that I'd better not have another "big boy" or there will be trouble. I'd believe it too.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Delighted for you Roesy. Did they tell you anything about why you may have been bleeding last week?

Going to the GP next week to hopefully hear the heartbeat all going well.

My three year old has warned me that he wants a *baby* brother and that I'd better not have another "big boy" or there will be trouble. I'd believe it too.

No real reason given for the bleeding, just one of those things. To be honest I was just so happy to see and hear the little heartbeat that I didn't question it too much. Consultant seemed to think there was an excellent chance of things proceeding as it should now that the heartbeat has been seen. How are you feeling after your fall?

I'm much better thanks. One of my hands still looks bonkers and I'm a but bruised, but overall I'm in good form.

My hormonal depression is lifting now along with the morning sickness so I'm a much easier person to be around. :p Jaysus it was rough though. Expecting round 2 after the birth.

I'm rhesus negative too Roesy. But the baby's dad is as well, so really the chances of my kids having positive blood types are zero. I should have gone in on Monday when I fell I suppose...

• Advertisement

Woke at 6 with empty retching. Feeling tired and sorry for myself. Had a family member go through an absolutely awful situation yesterday and I'm worried about them too. Would love to hide under the duvet for the day but I feel worse when I'm lying down.

Have no mind for tea, coffee, herbal tea etc at the moment. I seem to be constantly looking for cordial or soft drinks which is very unlike me. Had two soft drinks yesterday and switched to sparkling water after that but really wasn't getting the satisfaction out of it. It's just gone 12 and already I'm dying for an ice cold diet coke. Trying not to give in though.

Woke at 6 with empty retching. Feeling tired and sorry for myself. Had a family member go through an absolutely awful situation yesterday and I'm worried about them too. Would love to hide under the duvet for the day but I feel worse when I'm lying down.

Have no mind for tea, coffee, herbal tea etc at the moment. I seem to be constantly looking for cordial or soft drinks which is very unlike me. Had two soft drinks yesterday and switched to sparkling water after that but really wasn't getting the satisfaction out of it. It's just gone 12 and already I'm dying for an ice cold diet coke. Trying not to give in though.

Have what makes you feel better missus, it won't do the little person any harm.

I have the cordial cravings too, not normally my thing but guzzling them now. I woke up sick this morning too. Stayed out too late. Bleh.

Woke up this morning and seemingly the colostrum fairy has arrived already.

Nips are rock hard and killing me all day too.

I feel so sexy. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Ah Rosey, it's awful! As Das Kitty said drink what you want and what makes you feel better. Trying to cut back on regular coke myself and make sure I have cold bottles of water in the fridge but not really helping! I'm drinking coke as I type :mad:

Hope you had a good night Das Kitty!!

I only received my booking-in date this morning, it's the 10th April, I was expecting it to be the end of April but hey, not complaining, it's another scan :-)

I was out myself last night with friends and ended up getting the steak.... I really have to stop eating so late! My stomach was in bits when I came home, planned to flop today but ended up going to Tescos with himself to get eggs for his family, and ended up visiting family. I think I may try get an hour or 2 in bed I'm wrecked!

Looking forward to Sunday evening got a lovely malteasers Easter egg and walkers cheese and onion afterwards :)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend xx

Feeling a bit crampy and have lower back pain today. Annoying but trying not to think about it too much. Not in the humour to do anything today, weather is just miserable here. Husband has been trying to make nice meals for me the last few days but I have no mind for food. He put a lot of effort into a lovely steak dinner last night but unfortunately it made a reappearance 10 minutes later. Feel bad because I was happier eating the slices of toast he made me afterwards:D Hitting the double figures tomorrow. Only a couple of weeks until I can start properly telling people. Have the rest of ye told many people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm not far behind you, 10 weeks on Tuesday I think. I've had to tell work, pretty much everyone has guessed there by now. Haven't told anyone else yet. I've an appointment in Holles St on the 18th, all going well we'll tell everyone after that. Can't wait to NOT have to lie! At the moment it feels like we're sneaking around with this secret; and also, I don't know how much longer I can get away with not boozing!!
    My sickness seems to come and go - I wasn't too bad today, yesterday my brunch nearly made a reappearance in the cafe I was eating it in :eek: not long until apparently we all feel marvellous and blooming!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

nikpmup wrote: »
    I'm not far behind you, 10 weeks on Tuesday I think. I've had to tell work, pretty much everyone has guessed there by now. Haven't told anyone else yet. I've an appointment in Holles St on the 18th, all going well we'll tell everyone after that. Can't wait to NOT have to lie! At the moment it feels like we're sneaking around with this secret; and also, I don't know how much longer I can get away with not boozing!!
    My sickness seems to come and go - I wasn't too bad today, yesterday my brunch nearly made a reappearance in the cafe I was eating it in :eek: not long until apparently we all feel marvellous and blooming!

Im so over this whole pregnancy lark haha.. 12 weeks on thursday and im still exhausted and a nightmare to be around... Also the whole looking like ive just indulged in too many pies is annoying haha. I just want to look pregnant already!!!

Madisson wrote: »
    Im so over this whole pregnancy lark haha.. 12 weeks on thursday and im still exhausted and a nightmare to be around... Also the whole looking like ive just indulged in too many pies is annoying haha. I just want to look pregnant already!!!

Yeah, I just look fat!! I'm patiently waiting for my jelly belly to turn into a round bump!

Yeah, I just look fat!! I'm patiently waiting for my jelly belly to turn into a round bump!

Me too.. Was in blanch shopping centre yest and people kept looking at my stomaxh and all I could think was I wonder if they think im just fat... Not cool

Me too.. Was in blanch shopping centre yest and people kept looking at my stomaxh and all I could think was I wonder if they think im just fat... Not cool

Me too.... A couple of years ago I lost a LOT of weight, nearly 10 stone - I went from size 24 to size 12. Of course, I threw out EVERY loose item of clothing and lived in skinny jeans and fitted tshirts. I literally own no loose clothes, and..... Not one stitch of my clothes fit me! I'm not quite at maternity wear yet but I've gone up to size 14... Very annoying! I'll have to do a shop shortly for leggings, long tops and various other bits or I'll run out of options! I think I'll invest in a pair of maternity skinny jeans to see me through.

Me too.... A couple of years ago I lost a LOT of weight, nearly 10 stone - I went from size 24 to size 12. Of course, I threw out EVERY loose item of clothing and lived in skinny jeans and fitted tshirts. I literally own no loose clothes, and..... Not one stitch of my clothes fit me! I'm not quite at maternity wear yet but I've gone up to size 14... Very annoying! I'll have to do a shop shortly for leggings, long tops and various other bits or I'll run out of options! I think I'll invest in a pair of maternity skinny jeans to see me through.

Wow thats an amazing accomplishment! I was looking at maternity jeans in h&m yest and they were all corduroy and in crazy colours! Ive a feeling the next few months wont be very fashionable ones!!:-/

Wow thats an amazing accomplishment! I was looking at maternity jeans in h&m yest and they were all corduroy and in crazy colours! Ive a feeling the next few months wont be very fashionable ones!!:-/

Yes, I fear so too! As long as we look better than Kim Kardashian (I'm not realIy into gossip mags but have you seen what that twit is wearing?!!) Next have some nice stuff but the sizes are small, go up one size for comfort.
    I had a little help from a gastric band to lose the weight, but it's weird seeing it go back on! Hope I can get back on the straight and narrow after the baby's born!

I call it avoiding the truth:D Had to tell my 2 of my closest friends Sunday as we had planned on having a weekend break in Warsaw in September to visit a friend of ours and they wanted to firm up dates and book flights. They were also trying to trying to convince me to go out that night because I haven't been out in weeks. They were delighted for us and hadn't cottoned on at all!

Yes, I fear so too! As long as we look better than Kim Kardashian (I'm not realIy into gossip mags but have you seen what that twit is wearing?!!) Next have some nice stuff but the sizes are small, go up one size for comfort.
    I had a little help from a gastric band to lose the weight, but it's weird seeing it go back on! Hope I can get back on the straight and narrow after the baby's born!

Ehhh woman band or not thats amazing.. My sister is on the waiting list for one! Of course u will shift it you were determined to lose so much it will be a doddle to lose a stone or two for u after baby is born :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

gearing up to telling work my news. 14 weeks today. i've told my team leader and another woman in work. all is left is the men. i work with lots of men with lots of innapropiate comments. i'm beginning to think either A) i'll just sream out "i'm pregnant" as i run out the door later. or B) say nothing and wait untill someone says it to me when i have an obvious belly. or C) man up and just tell them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Had my first scan today [13w6] and all is well thankfully. The pictures we got are very good, looks like an actual human rather than a blob. Must admit a sneaky tear escaped the corner of my eye when I saw it on screen. Scan was really quick, she didn't say much but confirmed everything was as it should be. Met with a student midwife after for about an hour, she was very nice and knowledgeable. Well impressed with how efficient the whole appointment was [CUMH]. Didn't even get a chance to sit in the waiting area before scan, was called immediately. Was waiting less than ten minutes for the meeting with the midwife. Im feeling very positive about the rest of the pregnancy care experience now that I've been to the hospital.
    gearing up to telling work my news. 14 weeks today. i've told my team leader and another woman in work. all is left is the men. i work with lots of men with lots of innapropiate comments. i'm beginning to think either A) i'll just sream out "i'm pregnant" as i run out the door later. or B) say nothing and wait untill someone says it to me when i have an obvious belly. or C) man up and just tell them.

I work in a big office and other than my boss and HR, my plan is to tell one person (the biggest gossip) and let them spread the news for me.

livinsane wrote: »
    I work in a big office and other than my boss and HR, my plan is to tell one person (the biggest gossip) and let them spread the news for me.

Great idea!!
    Congrats on the scan, I had a very quick one at 7weeks, couldn't see much but the pregnancy sac was there, there was a blob inside it with a wee fluttering heartbeat! Can't wait until my 12 week appointment, really looking forward to seeing a more baby-looking baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

livinsane wrote: »
    Had my first scan today [13w6] and all is well thankfully. The pictures we got are very good, looks like an actual human rather than a blob. Must admit a sneaky tear escaped the corner of my eye when I saw it on screen. Scan was really quick, she didn't say much but confirmed everything was as it should be. Met with a student midwife after for about an hour, she was very nice and knowledgeable. Well impressed with how efficient the whole appointment was [CUMH]. Didn't even get a chance to sit in the waiting area before scan, was called immediately. Was waiting less than ten minutes for the meeting with the midwife. Im feeling very positive about the rest of the pregnancy care experience now that I've been to the hospital.

Oohh, I was in CUMH too yesterday - maybe we walked past each other :-)
    Isn't the scan amazing though - me and hubby were just staring at the screen in complete amazement! I had the scan with the girl in the uniform (name starting with S) - she was really nice and explained what she was doing and what she was measuring and also did the Nuchal scan when I asked for it.
    Think I must have met with the same student midwife as you - she was really nice - and sooo many questions :-)
    Was a bit surprised that I didn't get to see a consultant, but all is well, so maybe that is ok.

Got a big pack from eumom with lots of info - considering that most people are around 12/13 weeks at this stage, I really think that pack should be given to you by your GP when you go first to confirm your pregnancy...

Any of you have a home doppler? They're great yokes. I was able to hear my little monster last night. So reassuring to know all is well.

I don't, but I'd LOVE one! My OH would too, he was agog at our 7 wk scan, even though you could barely make anything out

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blocktober

Just wondering has anyone ever tried to reschedule an appointment in the Coombe? I got my appointment letter this morn, 4 weeks after my doc referred me, and its for this Wed 10th at 8.30.

Thing is I need to give my employer two weeks notice, I know this from others experience in my workplace. So I rang the message number and now I'm worried that they will just send me another appointment with 4/5 days notice again. I did say the reason I needed to reschedule was because I need to give my employer two weeks notice of maternity appointments but surely that is standard.

Also it kinda went against my eagerness to see the babe at any chance but this Wed just isnt feasible. (We had a couple of early scans that were excellent and addictive, considering purchasing the equipment or at least the doppler) I feel so confused and almost guilty?, like a bad mother to be already.
    Aarghh:(

blocktober wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ever tried to reschedule an appointment in the Coombe? I got my appointment letter this morn, 4 weeks after my doc referred me, and its for this Wed 10th at 8.30.

Thing is I need to give my employer two weeks notice, I know this from others experience in my workplace. So I rang the message number and now I'm worried that they will just send me another appointment with 4/5 days notice again. I did say the reason I needed to reschedule was because I need to give my employer two weeks notice of maternity appointments but surely that is standard.

Also it kinda went against my eagerness to see the babe at any chance but this Wed just isnt feasible. (We had a couple of early scans that were excellent and addictive, considering purchasing the equipment or at least the doppler) I feel so confused and almost guilty?, like a bad mother to be already.
    Aarghh:(

Does your job know you're pregnant? If they don't, would it be easier (for this appointment only) to call in sick? If they do know, then perhaps ask to be able to attend this appointment at short notice with the promise that further appointments will have notice. I don't have any experience if the Coombe but I'm sure if you explained the situation they'd oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 blocktober

Thanks for the reply nikpmup

I havent told work yet, but calling in sick isnt really an option.
    I reckon I'll just go the second appointment they send me regardless of the notice. I have already told the hospital that I cant make it this Wed.

Sickness is getting worse. Was hoping that it would start easing off before I went back to work. Not sure how my 30 Senior Infants are going to cope with me vomitting into the bin/sink because I can't leave them by themselves while I make a dash to the nearest toilets. Its annoying because there seems to be no pattern to it.

• Advertisement

Sickness is getting worse. Was hoping that it would start easing off before I went back to work. Not sure how my 30 Senior Infants are going to cope with me vomitting into the bin/sink because I can't leave them by themselves while I make a dash to the nearest toilets. Its annoying because there seems to be no pattern to it.

Oh, yuk! You poor thing - it doesn't help to be told that lots of sickness = strong pregnancy (or so they say!)

Advertisement