Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Had my scan this afternoon and all looks good. Nuchal measurements were fine. Was lovely to hear the heartbeat again and see the little movements. I can't wait to actually feel the baby move. Vomitting has subsided for me in the last few days. Now just need to get rid of the nausea and the lovely sore pimple/spotty things I seem to have gotten in the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Spent the whole day running from pillar to post, telling all of our family members our news. Knackered tired, but an ache in my jaw from smiling - I've never had such a positive day :) Telling friends and everyone else tomorrow.

Decided on Thursday night to go away for a night tonight to celebrate me being 4 or 5 days puke free. Booked the hotel and what returned an hour later?!? Definitely nowhere near as bad as I was though.
    It's funny, was dying to tell about the pregnancy for the last couple of weeks and thought I'd be shouting it from the rooftops when we saw our lovely baby again on Thursday. Am now feeling very coy about the whole thing.

Roesy wrote: »
    Decided on Thursday night to go away for a night tonight to celebrate me being 4 or 5 days puke free. Booked the hotel and what returned an hour later?!? Definitely nowhere near as bad as I was though.
    It's funny, was dying to tell about the pregnancy for the last couple of weeks and thought I'd be shouting it from the rooftops when we saw our lovely baby again on Thursday. Am now feeling very coy about the whole thing.

Once it's out there it's VERY public; although its great that everyone's so pleased its now everyone's business!! So I can understand the recitence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

People we wanted to know we told them ourselves. We agreed we weren't going to do a Facebook announcement, nothing against it but just not going to.

Although people have heard through the grapevine and we are after getting a few congratulation messages on Facebook... It makes it more real now it's "on the book" :)

It's been a gorgeous day but I feel so queasy to enjoy it... Managed to get some washing out ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

Hey all
    Had appointment in hospital yesterday and got to see the baby. Was so amazing seeing heartbeat and really clear picture of the spine and ribs, very surreal! I had bump envy too! I just look flabby and feeling fat!
    Told my friends which felt great so I can now stop lying! A few had suspected at a recent wedding so weren't too surprised but all delighted. I was abit nervous telling one friend as she is going through Ivf but she is happy we had no trouble. Hard for her but she is a great friend.
    All feels bit more real now telling everyone, exciting! Hope you are all feeling good and hopefully we are going into the weeks where the tiredness reduces!

It totally feels more real now - I have one more close friend to tell (she lives overseas so I'll be skypeing her tomorrow) and then it can go on Facebook, twitter, the front page of the indo if it wants!
    I'm exhausted today, I've friends coming over this evening, and I've another long shift tomorrow. The joys. At least there's been no vomiting today!

nikpmup wrote: »
    It totally feels more real now - I have one more close friend to tell (she lives overseas so I'll be skypeing her tomorrow) and then it can go on Facebook, twitter, the front page of the indo if it wants!
    I'm exhausted today, I've friends coming over this evening, and I've another long shift tomorrow. The joys. At least there's been no vomiting today!

Enjoy the evening!

OH has friends over watching the snooker so I've escaped upstairs watching The Hangover!! I just don't have the energy for anyone tonight!

Have switched from taking folic acid only to taking Pregnacare, as with the nausea etc I'm only really eating rubbish - I was never great at eating meat, but
    I just can't face it at the mo, nor vegetables - I don't think I've eaten anything green in 2 months! Chugging back the OJ tho, which is odd as I never liked it!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Have switched from taking folic acid only to taking Pregnacare, as with the nausea etc I'm only really eating rubbish - I was never great at eating meat, but
    I just can't face it at the mo, nor vegetables - I don't think I've eaten anything green in 2 months! Chugging back the OJ tho, which is odd as I never liked it!

OJ is vital for taking in Iron. So that might be it!

I've stopped with the folic acid and am only taking the low dose (14mg) Tesco iron as I've been a bit pale.

• Advertisement

Das Kitty wrote: »
    OJ is vital for taking in Iron. So that might be it!

I've stopped with the folic acid and am only taking the low dose (14mg) Tesco iron as I've been a bit pale.

My partners sister apparently juiced ANYTHING citrus she could get her hands on while pregnant! Our bodies know what they need!

My partners sister apparently juiced ANYTHING citrus she could get her hands on while pregnant! Our bodies know what they need!

I'm drinking a litre of orange juice or mango juice a day.... That squeeze tropical fruits is going down a treat... 2 weeks ago it was milk .... It's madness....

I find that I'm not too bad with salad vegetables now and am slowly improving with the cooked vegetables. Used love peas and carrots but they still turn my stomach.
    Definitely think I am improving symptoms wise. Brought the dog for a nice walk today but was tired after half an hour.The fecker nearly sent me flying into a ditch when a pheasant took off unexpectedly. God be with the days when I could (slowly)run 10k. Nausea has calmed down a bit but is at its worst when I'm hungry. Have had a couple of days free of actual vomitting again though! Is anyone else having weird dreams? Last few nights I've been attacked by swans, been attacked by crows, gotten lost in a big city.

Must stop premature celebrations of end of vomiting. Just found an old, musty tea towel at the end of the laundry basket and off I went again!

Ooh, yuk! I was in McDonalds with my sisters kids today - I haven't been in a mc Donald's for about 3 years, and today I remembered why - RANK!! How I kept down half a burger and a few fries I don't know

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

Haven't had mc Donald's in months. I think if I'm gonna eat crap would rather eddie rockets. After dinner today my stomach looked huge ! My first 'looking pregnant' moment. Aaahhhhh!

Haven't had mc Donald's in months. I think if I'm gonna eat crap would rather eddie rockets. After dinner today my stomach looked huge ! My first 'looking pregnant' moment. Aaahhhhh!

I couldn't for the life of me remember if I didn't like McDonalds or if I was imagining it, but today confirmed it - it's minging. I won't be returning - ever! TBH I don't really like any fast food. I hope I get my appetite back soon, I'm really struggling with all foods at the mo, have totally lost my appetite - I haven't looked forward to a meal in weeks. At the beginning, the first two/three weeks I couldn't get enough food into me!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolademmers

I was like that. I love my food but absolutely nothing excited me. It has passed now thank god but I fear it will return!

My appetite is back.... I'm down in Waterford and our Eddie Rocketts got burnt down 2 weeks ago and ever since I'm craving a burger from there.... May have to take a spin to Kilkenny!!

Queasyness still coming and going :(

I don't know if I'm imagining it but was lying in bed this morning listening to music and felt what i think is a flutter.... I dunoo, I got all excited... But I'm not sure ...

Has anyone felt anything?

• Advertisement

I don't know if I'm imagining it but was lying in bed this morning listening to music and felt what i think is a flutter.... I dunoo, I got all excited... But I'm not sure ...

Has anyone felt anything?

I haven't - not for the want of trying!! I find myself lying in bed very very still, trying to concentrate on my lower belly!!

We started throwing baby names around last night - have come up with a few contenders already :)

I haven't - not for the want of trying!! I find myself lying in bed very very still, trying to concentrate on my lower belly!!

We started throwing baby names around last night - have come up with a few contenders already :)

I probably imagined it or bean just dont share my love for Westlife!!

Did you agree on names?? We cant agree on a girls name, boys name sorted!!

OH friend called in late last night, they are expecting their first in November !! Am delighted, already thinking of days out we can have....

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

I probably imagined it or bean just dont share my love for Westlife!!

Did you agree on names?? We cant agree on a girls name, boys name sorted!!

OH friend called in late last night, they are expecting their first in November !! Am delighted, already thinking of days out we can have....

Hope everyone has a great weekend x

We were going through a few when OH spotted Ruby - I love it, but I didn't think he'd like it. For a boy, probably his dads name who passed away last year, Nicholas.

We were going through a few when OH spotted Ruby - I love it, but I didn't think he'd like it. For a boy, probably his dads name who passed away last year, Nicholas.

Nicholas is really lovely, i like Thomas after my mams dad.... He died when my mam was 15 but i always loved it.

Ruby is on my list! But not on OH's :(

Meabh is coming up alot though...

Nicholas is really lovely, i like Thomas after my mams dad.... He died when my mam was 15 but i always loved it.

Ruby is on my list! But not on OH's :(

Meabh is coming up alot though...

I figure she that pushes the baby out gets last word!

Your are so right :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

I only think of boys names.first name is definitely goinf to be Thomas after my grandad and middke name stephen after my dad who died 22 of january and im due 22 oct so exactly 9 months later. He definitely sent my baba down to me :-D

Feel like I'm poured into my pants this evening. 14 weeks tomorrow, feels very soon to be breaking out my one maternity pair but it may have to be done.

Roesy wrote: »
    Feel like I'm poured into my pants this evening. 14 weeks tomorrow, feels very soon to be breaking out my one maternity pair but it may have to be done.

I've gone from size 12 work trousers to size 14, and by the end of the day they are very tight!! I haven't the belly to fill maternity trousers yet tho!

• Advertisement

I've gone from size 12 work trousers to size 14, and by the end of the day they are very tight!! I haven't the belly to fill maternity trousers yet tho!

Not sure I have either tbh. I'm still fitting my normal clothes but they are definitely more restrictive and are tight by night time. Think 4 hours in the car last night with my pants feeling tighter by the mile was pushing me towards those lovely, comfortable soft looking waist bands :) Think I might try on a size up in normal clothes this week and see.

Advertisement