Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

October 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

If the wind was howling I would still be in bed!

Ooh let us know what your smelling :) OH is going to his mams for dinner and she's putting some on a plate for me :)

I was putting on a vest top and the realisation has kicked in on how big my boobs are.... I felt like a hooters girl.... Have a dress top thing on now... I robbed tops on my mam last week, so will get away with them for a while

Had to cave and buy a couple of maternity bras earlier. They ain't pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭inlikeflynn86

Roesy wrote: »
    Had to cave and buy a couple of maternity bras earlier. They ain't pretty!

Oooh whered you get them ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

If the wind was howling I would still be in bed!

Ooh let us know what your smelling :) OH is going to his mams for dinner and she's putting some on a plate for me :)

I was putting on a vest top and the realisation has kicked in on how big my boobs are.... I felt like a hooters girl.... Have a dress top thing on now... I robbed tops on my mam last week, so will get away with them for a while

Mine have gone from a 34DD to a 34F! I'm only 14 weeks! How big will they go? G? H?!!! :eek:

Oooh whered you get them ??

Debenhams. They didn't seem to have a wide range in stock in Cork at the moment but a friend of mine told me this evening dunnes have started doing maternity underwear.

Debenhams. They didn't seem to have a wide range in stock in Cork at the moment but a friend of mine told me this evening dunnes have started doing maternity underwear.

Thats interesting, my friend was only telling me yesterday that M&S in Cork is very good for maternity bras, may take a spin down during the week if dunnes have them too. We have nothing in Waterford, its chronic!

Im gone from a 34b to a 36d very noticeable!!

• Advertisement

Thats interesting, my friend was only telling me yesterday that M&S in Cork is very good for maternity bras, may take a spin down during the week if dunnes have them too. We have nothing in Waterford, its chronic!

Im gone from a 34b to a 36d very noticeable!!

Must take a look in M+S too. I'm gone from a 36C/D depending on style of bra to 38D. Said it was time to change when my bras were leaving marks!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Thanks lassies. I got a pair of shorts in New Look yesterday and a couple of long sleeveless vest thingies. Delighted with myself. :)

I also felt my first digs through my tummy as I rested my hands there in bed this morning. He really doesn't like me resting anything on him. <3

Had a decent braxton hicks thingie after. Rock hard. :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Thanks lassies. I got a pair of shorts in New Look yesterday and a couple of long sleeveless vest thingies. Delighted with myself. :)

I also felt my first digs through my tummy as I rested my hands there in bed this morning. He really doesn't like me resting anything on him. <3

Had a decent braxton hicks thingie after. Rock hard. :D

Sounds good Das Kitty!! Had a lil splurge in Penneys today, justbought a few roomy long sleeve tops but it perked me up a bit!!

I was blowdrying my hair this morning and felt little flutters :) when i turned it off it stopped and when i turned it back on, i could feel them again.... Its amazing!!

Very jealous of the people feeling movement. Thought I felt something like a little flutter about a week ago but it was probably something digestion related :-) would have been nearly 14 weeks when I felt it but the mammies I know told me it was probably too soon to be feeling anything!

Very jealous of the people feeling movement. Thought I felt something like a little flutter about a week ago but it was probably something digestion related :-) would have been nearly 14 weeks when I felt it but the mammies I know told me it was probably too soon to be feeling anything!

I thought i felt something 2 weeks ago, but certain today... Its worth the wait :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭knock13

I can't wait to feel some kicks in there. I thought I felt something today but think it was my lunch digesting!!

Bought my first pair of maternity jeans this weekend in topshop as just started to feel so uncomfortable. Must check out newlook online, thanks for that tip as seems like lots of the shops arent doing maternity clothes in store anymore so wasnt aware that they had any to order. Flabby belly is spilling out over my trousers, looking forward to having a proper bump too!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

knock13 wrote: »
    Hey ladies
    Haven't been on in awhile. Can't believe where the weeks are going I'm nearly 17weeks now and seems like so much to do in short space of time! Have finally started feeling a little less exhausted than past few weeks so hopefully it will last. I'm feeling very fat and chunky the past week or 2, clothes are very tight. Think it's finally time to buy some maternity clothes.
    Wooha where did you get those mamalicious jeans they sound comfy. A few people have suggested h&m but I dropped in quickly last week and couldn't see anything that would suit for now, more for further along.

Off on a girlie weekend for the long weekend so will be testing watching all of them boozing away but so Looking forward to getting away

I got them in Beautiful Bumps in Cork. But you can also get them online: http://mamalicious.com/?forcecountry=IE

Heading to M&S in Cork at lunch today and will see what they have in relation to maternity bra's - if I have time, will pop into Dunnes to see their offerings.

Wooha wrote: »
    I got them in Beautiful Bumps in Cork. But you can also get them online: http://mamalicious.com/?forcecountry=IE

Heading to M&S in Cork at lunch today and will see what they have in relation to maternity bra's - if I have time, will pop into Dunnes to see their offerings.

Let us know what the selection is like. Not mad on the two I got in Debenhams. They'll do me a while though.

Bit crampy and headachy today. Am going to the bathroom more often today too. That affliction is usually only night time! Husband thinks I should go to the doctor. Was going to see how I was later and maybe get an appointment tomorrow but maybe he's right.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Wooha

Went to Dunnes in Merchant's Quay – they had a double pack of maternity/nursing bra's and a single pack. They also had seamless maternity underwear, bump bands, tights and vest tops. (They may have a better selection in the big Dunnes)
    I tried the double pack, but they didn't have my size (I'm around 38E or F at the mo) so tried the 38DD, but didn't think it was great.
    I got a bump band though – not that I need it yet, but I though, sure I'll need it at some stage and will be nice under tops that may be a little bit short.

Went to M&S then – actually not that great of a selection of maternity/nursing bra's – there were about 7 in total. (Most of them double packs around 38/40 Euro). I tried on three different ones, wasn't that super impressed with any of them, but got one which was compfy enough.
    They have loads and loads of non-underwire bra's though, but guess they are only useful before nursing starts :-)

I was actually in Brown Thomas (Cork) about 3 weeks ago as they have HotMilk bra's (my colleague recommended them) – their selection is limited, but they are really really nice. I tried on the biggest size they had (38F) but she wouldn’t sell it to me saying that I would probably grow a bit more and to come back in 4 weeks and try the same bra again. If 38F still fits, she'd sell it to me, if it is too small, I could get the bigger size on the HotMilk website. So will go there again next week and see, but so far the HotMilk are the best I tried on and by far the prettiest too! Wherever I looked, they are around 50 Euro each.

That whole clip/unclip with the HotMilk bra's seem to be nicer too – with the Dunnes/M&S I felt my boob "spilling out", whereas the HotMilk kinda still had it "contained" if that makes sense.

Back from the most bizarre doctor appointment ever. It wasn't my usual dr so I lead with 'I'm just over 15 weeks pregnant' and then described my symptoms. Crampy/pressure/increased need to urinate etc. Her answer...I want you to go on the cranberry juice. When I told her that I drink that anyway she started asking me do I eat many lemons/tomatoes etc .She was about to send me on my way and asked me was I happy with that and I asked her what the explanation for my symptoms was and she said frequent urination and cramping are part and parcel of first trimester. Reminded her that I was over 15 weeks and she said second trimester doesn't begin until 16 weeks? She then said maybe you need to go to the hospital. I said only if you think it's necessary and then she said maybe you need antibiotics. Try to hold off for a couple of days and only take them if you need them. Not wanting to take antibiotics unnecessarily I asked how would I know if I needed them. Only then, 15 mins into my visit did she ask if I had a sample. I said no but said I could provide one. Lo and behold I do have an infection. Seems weird that she was talking hospital/antibiotics without ever examining me or checking my urine. She sent me on my way and told me to go to the hospital if I feel worse or get back to her Friday if there's no real improvement and maybe then she'd see about the antibiotics. Now obviously I don't want any unnecessary hospital trips or drugs but I definitely don't feel very reassured by the whole experience.

It's so important to have a doc who really listens to your concerns and doesn't dismiss them as hysteria. I was just talking to a good friend who spent 10 years telling her doc she had depression, couldn't lose weight and was constantly exhausted. Doc has had her on anti-depressants for a decade - she's just found out, after seeing a different doc, that she has an under active thyroid and this is the cause of all her symptoms. One blood test diagnosed it.

As nikpmup says you need to be happy with your doctor and be 100% confident in them! Are you feeling any better today Rosey?

I had my docs appointment yesterday. Blood pressure is low so just to take it easy, easier said than done. Did feel weak this morning when I woke up, so just pottering around now. She used the doppler too, was like music to my ears, would have happily stayed there alday listening to it...

Debating whether to go to Aldi or not to load up on fruit. Im gone crazy on the clementines!

Why am I still puking twice a day at 15 weeks?!!! Grrrrr!!

nikpmup wrote: »
    Why am I still puking twice a day at 15 weeks?!!! Grrrrr!!

Ugh is it the same time everyday

Ugh is it the same time everyday

Comes and goes - yesterday in work I managed to upchuck breakfast, the three bites of lunch I ate and half a sandwich at tea time. Managed to hold down my multivit and a bit of cake - go figure! Baby likes chocolate! This morning, I made poached eggs - took me half an hour to get them down - they stayed down, but not without threatening to reappear several times!! I'm now hungry and queasy at the same time. I'm going to bring dried fruit & nuts into work to nibble on, might help with hunger & energy levels. I'm knackered as well, despite staying in bed till 10am. Roll on bedtime tonight.

• Advertisement

Comes and goes - yesterday in work I managed to upchuck breakfast, the three bites of lunch I ate and half a sandwich at tea time. Managed to hold down my multivit and a bit of cake - go figure! Baby likes chocolate! This morning, I made poached eggs - took me half an hour to get them down - they stayed down, but not without threatening to reappear several times!! I'm now hungry and queasy at the same time. I'm going to bring dried fruit & nuts into work to nibble on, might help with hunger & energy levels. I'm knackered as well, despite staying in bed till 10am. Roll on bedtime tonight.

Ugh :-( dried fruits and nuts will help ! Im queasy now but need to eat. I really fancy a bagel but really dont want go into town just for a bagel!!

Ahhh im after getting an interview in 2 weeks for a college course ive been wanting to do for the last few years.

Do i go for the interview and see what happens or just cancel it? OH says to just go and if i get offered the place, decline. I know IF(thats a big if) i did do it i would have the support but its a fairly intense 1 year course and if i really like it i can progress to the 2nd year of the degree....

Mind is boggled....

Also having an emotional today.... Boobs are sore and starting to feel strained on my back :(

Ahhh im after getting an interview in 2 weeks for a college course ive been wanting to do for the last few years.

Do i go for the interview and see what happens or just cancel it? OH says to just go and if i get offered the place, decline. I know IF(thats a big if) i did do it i would have the support but its a fairly intense 1 year course and if i really like it i can progress to the 2nd year of the degree....

Mind is boggled....

Also having an emotional today.... Boobs are sore and starting to feel strained on my back :(

GO!

And don't decline if it's offered, enquire if you can defer for a year. Most places will support deferrals like this.

I'm catching my OH's cold. He's popping uniflu, ibuprofen and the works. I have to stick to panadol. I think I'm totally justified in being annoyed with him. :pac:

Thanks Das Kitty, im going to go, even for the experience of the interview.... Hopefully it will go smoothly :)

Your justified in being annoyed at him :) i hope hes being extra nice to you !! Damn colds.... The weather is ridiculous though ;(

i hope hes being extra nice to you !!

Of course not! He's got the man version, so he's horizontal on the sofa while I'm at work. :P He is looking after the 3 year old but I'd say he'll be expecting a medal by the time I get home.

We're all off to Germany next Thursday so we'd better be recovered by then.

Good luck with the interview!

Of course not! He's got the man version, so he's horizontal on the sofa while I'm at work. :P He is looking after the 3 year old but I'd say he'll be expecting a medal by the time I get home.

We're all off to Germany next Thursday so we'd better be recovered by then.

Good luck with the interview!

Thank you!! Have a fab time!

My friend just rang me, shes great for the bargains. Someone was selling "what to expect when your expecting" for €4 on facebook page and she got it for me, its really the little things :)

Bit of a, ahem, personal question for you ladies and possibly a bit TMI as well... Has anyone else found that their, erm... downstairs bits are very sensitive/sore/irritated? I've had various degrees of irritation over the past few weeks; it's sort of like a stingy sore itch, and I appear to be a bit swollen as well. It's not like thrush. It almost feels like my bits have been stretched and bruised!! Today, it feels like I've been kicked in there repeatedly! I'm actually in a lot of pain right now, walking is very sore.
    I've tried changing to a feminine wash instead of using shower gel, cotton only underwear, changing underwear three times a day.... It's really starting to get me down; apart from the discomfort, it's killing my sex life!! I'll be saying it to the doc next week but until then I wondered if anyone else had experience of it?

Bit of a, ahem, personal question for you ladies and possibly a bit TMI as well... Has anyone else found that their, erm... downstairs bits are very sensitive/sore/irritated? I've had various degrees of irritation over the past few weeks; it's sort of like a stingy sore itch, and I appear to be a bit swollen as well. It's not like thrush. It almost feels like my bits have been stretched and bruised!! Today, it feels like I've been kicked in there repeatedly! I'm actually in a lot of pain right now, walking is very sore.
    I've tried changing to a feminine wash instead of using shower gel, cotton only underwear, changing underwear three times a day.... It's really starting to get me down; apart from the discomfort, it's killing my sex life!! I'll be saying it to the doc next week but until then I wondered if anyone else had experience of it?

Definitely one for the doctor.

You might be a bit dryer, but it shouldn't hurt walking around.

Definitely one for the doctor.

You might be a bit dryer, but it shouldn't hurt walking around.

I'm actually the opposite, I seem to have a lot more discharge since becoming pregnant. I've just had a bread soda bath which has helped a bit. I'll book in for the doc on Monday if its the same over the weekend; if its improved ill save it for the free visit the following week!

• Advertisement

I'm actually the opposite, I seem to have a lot more discharge since becoming pregnant. I've just had a bread soda bath which has helped a bit. I'll book in for the doc on Monday if its the same over the weekend; if its improved ill save it for the free visit the following week!

We're a pair of invalids at the mo! I'll probably end up in WestDoc in the morning.

If it's any consolation, I probably have the UTI from getting the ride the last day. Feck's sake. :(

Advertisement