Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

JTG closing in on 7 years - http://www.lolwrestling.com/how-long-has-jtg-been-employed

Steve Austin only wrestled in WWE for 7 years and that was with lenghty periods off for injuries. Rock put in about 5-6 years full-time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Here go again:
    WWE has come to terms on the release of the following Superstars as of today, June 12, 2014:

Theodore Long
    Camacho
    Brodus Clay
    Evan Bourne
    Yoshi Tatsu

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-releases-superstars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh wow, some surprising names there...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No, Evan :( I wanted to see him back on tv at some stage. Tatsu isn't that surprising, Brodus is, and I'm not really sure if I'm surprised about the other two or not.

Oh wow, some surprising names there...

Not really none were being used on the active roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

I am surprised at Theodore Long,Brodus Clay. Been a long time since Evan Bourne was on raw.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

All talent there could have been used a hell of a lot better

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Plus those releases will free up roster space for those in NXT for when they eventually get that call up to the main roster. And i doubt anyone will miss those released.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

cena wrote: »
    I am surprised at Theodore Long,Brodus Clay. Been a long time since Evan Bourne was on raw.

Long surprises me, given he's been a part of the shows on and off for so, so long. Felt it was a "job for life" thing, and am kind of surprised they've released him.

Clay I always felt had so much potential; I genuinely thought he could have gone on to be a solid upper-mid card heel.

I suppose Bourne and Tatsu aren't hugely surprising, but they've survived for so long that it kind of surprises me they've let them go, if that makes sense.

My heartfelt advice to anyone released by WWE is DON'T start a podcast and even DON'Ter start a comedy Youtube video channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The writing was on the wall for brodus once they dropped the funkasaurus gimmick! No more room for a monster heel!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Curt Hawkins has been added to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

JTG survives another round of sackings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Jesus, yeah, I read this thread, wandered off downstairs to make a sandwich and the second I remembered him I ran back up to make sure he wasn't on the list.

Aksana's added now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Aksana was the only one to be written off TV in any sort of way then?

Teddy Long has been there since 1998.
    Long debuted in the WWF as a referee on the 21st December 1998 episode of Raw is War and stayed with that role until September 2002, when he was taken off the road. Like his previous referee stints, Long went by the shortened Teddy Long name during this period. He was a referee at the Over The Edge 1999 PPV, during the match after Owen Hart's tragic death: a mixed tag match between Jeff Jarrett/Debra and Val Venis/Nicole Bass. Long was the referee when Darren Drozdov ended up paralyzed and can be seen in WWE's Don't Try This At Home warning looking at the paramedics lift Droz up on a stretcher.

Talk about getting off to a bad start....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

JTG seriously must have some dirt on one of mcmahons.

Angron wrote: »
    Aksana's added now.

Hyped for her 2 disc shoot interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The JTG situation is actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Moneymaker wrote: »

How does he keep getting away with it? Surely he should have went when his original partner was let go

• Advertisement

The high point of Teddy Long and Aksana's career:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

What type of severance package does WWE give its released superstars does anyone know?

JTG's gonna be added to that list before the night's out. Someone at WWE.com is just trolling the internet by withholding it.

Digitalism wrote: »
    What type of severance package does WWE give its released superstars does anyone know?
    Don't they've a ton of leeway in terms of how poorly they can treat them? I believe the way the contracts work is that if you haven't earned more than your guaranteed sum for the year of a contract, you receive the difference at the end.

As far as I'm aware, if you're released and have earned more than the guaranteed amount for that portion of that year (e.g. you've been paid 30k so far, none of which came from an advance on your guaranteed pay, in a contract which started on January 1st and your contract states a guaranteed sum of 60k), you get f*ck all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

3MB is now a duet act, for now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

>In the case of Teddy Long, his WWE contract expired. He had been taken off TV for some time and it was well known in the company that he was going to be departing the company.

>In the case of Yoshi Tatsu, there was a feeling for some time that he had really regressed in the ring. The company had attempted to find another role for him, including trying him out as a ring announcer in NXT.

>Regarding Brodus Clay, the feeling among those I've spoken with is that he fell out of favor with creative, which was obvious when they broke up his team with Tensai and then did nothing with him. His final appearance for the company was putting over NXT champ Adrian Neville on TV, which was a sign there wasn't a plan for him going forward.

>We haven't heard much in the way of Evan Bourne's release but he hasn't wrestled in a long time on the main roster after being hurt in a car accident while he was out on a Wellness suspension. There was always a ton of potential for him in the ring but the timing was never in his favor.

>The departures of Curt Hawkins and Camacho were the biggest surprises amongst people in the company we've heard from. Camacho was extremely popular within NXT circles and had a strong charisma and was well spoken in recent appearances. Hawkins had several more years on his current deal and had been considered a good hand in the ring, although he had not been utilized beyond putting people over in recent months.

>Hawkins has a school he opened in Long Island, so he was already preparing a "Plan B" for himself and will likely get a ton of indy work in the Northeast.

>The belief is there may me a few more releases among the wrestlers, but when releases happen, paranoia does kick in and everyone begins to freak out, so we will see.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/86244/update-and-details-behind-todays-wwe-releases.html?p=1

Jinder Mahal is also gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Good night sweet princes

both gone too soon

kBjXoSv.png

Drew McIntyre now.

The money match of him vs GRADO can be booked now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Have a feeling the last name on the release list will be Punk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Damn it, 3MB were comedy gold for the past few weeks.

Advertisement