Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭

Might be time to introduce this year's thread now. According to the Observer, Eve Torres is soon to depart the company:
    Tonight will be Eve Torres' final show with the WWE unless there is a last minute change of plans on her dropping the title. Her leaving was something agreed on for a while but she was willing to work out however long they wanted to do her storyline with Kaitlyn and the title change. There was the assumption it would go until the Royal Rumble but the decision was made this past week to do it here.

I'm disappointed to hear this because she's decent in the ring - and there aren't many women left in the company that are - and I feel her character had a lot of potential that they never quite utilised. I think a problem for her was how A.J. became the star diva in the company shortly after her own big angle with Cena and the heel turn.

I wasn't enamoured with the women's division but now it looks like it's going to be in a right state. I hope they will call one of the NXT women up soon and give it a bit of a boost.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

* Technically*

Eve left.

Trent Baretta and Skyler Moon didn't.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ryder lose a match badly tonight and then be released in the next 24 hours...

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ryder lose a match badly tonight and then be released in the next 24 hours...

Some TMZ lad tweet this the other day:
    2h72owh.png

So you might be right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

And then go to TNA to work with Robbie E, Bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭RICHIE26188

Ryders been asking for his release for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Ryders been asking for his release for a while now

What was it he tweeted last night, Was (insert nobody name here) Is involved in the 20th anniversary but the internet champion isnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Arawn wrote: »
    What was it he tweeted last night, Was (insert nobody name here) Is involved in the 20th anniversary but the internet champion isnt?

Dr. Shelby.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Don't know about Ryder leaving. This is from WWE.com today

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2013-01-14/zack-ryder-one-million-twitter-followers-26084376
    So with “ZTLIS” series finale wrapped and one million Twitter followers under his belt, what’s next for the “Internet Champion”? “I have to figure out a way to get back into the WWE mainstream,” Ryder said. “I need to figure out a way to make them say ‘who is this guy, we need to get him back on our television shows?’”

Certainly sounds like he's up for staying, and they probably wouldn't have given him the interview or talked about future plans if they were going to get rid of him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I wish they would, as someone outlined on here before, make the Internet Champion a thing and have Zack Ryder defend it on the next pay per view pre-show. Throw The Big Show at him or someone to beat the holy hell out of him, so he can have a reason to turn up in the main show, or the next night on Raw. I think he has a lot to offer, and he is really bein held back.

Back in June 2011, I wrote this up about how I'd like to see Ryder booked. Although there's obviously little bits that are a bit akward now (especially since Slater touched on a large chunk of it for the last Mania), I still think the bones of it would be good for Ryder, and fit his Twitter rants perfectly. With a bit of twisting, I think it would be quite easy to turn Ryder heel and play into his obsession with getting TV time.

(Also note, this was for an ATH against Cactus Colm, hence references to him...
    Right at the bottom of the card though could be another match. Mick Foley vs Zack Ryder.

This wouldn't be a main event level match. It would not be the serious hardcore brawls we've grown to love from Foley. It could be the Lawler vs Cole match (or what that match should have been). A quick, light hearted match to keep the crowd happy.

Starting the build, I'd continue on as normal, as how they are dealing with Ryder now. I'd start having Ryder pop up on Raw with more cameos, much as how he has been with Cena. But I'd start to let him get a few words in, trying to advertise his show, trying to get seen but always having him cut off by the end of the segment.

Then after a few weeks, he gets a match on Raw. Ryder vs Kofi, non-title match. Ryder picks up the wiin over Kofi with some help from whoever Kofi is actually feuding with. Ryder thinks this is his big break, that he's finally going to get on television more and get some chances. But the week after, he goes back to only scraping appearances, invading other people's segments and promos in a bid to be seen.

As weeks go on, this becomes an obsession. Ryder is desperate for TV time. He starts getting more and more annoyed, and more and more annoying to the other wrestlers, interupting them during interviews, pushing into other people's feuds. On Youtube, he's bragging about his win over the US Champ as if he's amazing, but now he starts to notice something else. Everyone's attention is on The Rock, on Stone Cold, on other old guys who won't go away and are taking up TV time. HIS TV time. And he promises to take action.

On Raw, veterans start getting attacked backstage. Arn Anderson is found unconscious. As the cameras rush to see whats happened, Ryder is there, acting concerned. You know the deal with these types of segments; wrestlers, typically of Ryder's position, are looking concerned as the injured party is taken away. It happens for a few weeks, each week someone else getting hurt. And Ryder is always in the background. Not really being acknowledged but obviously there. But getting on television.

I agree with Colm's decision to have Foley back as a GM figure and obviously with the attacks happening on his show, he starts to investigate. Over the weeks, he gets closer and closer, but he can't figure out who is attacking the legends. All this builds up to the reveal via admission that it was Ryder, sick of being kept out of the limelight by older wrestlers who refuse to let the new generation through. Ryder is right and completely justified in feeling annoyed. He's working his ass off, building a following, and WWE won't even let him wrestle. Meanwhile, Foley, Rock, Austin, they keep coming back and back, getting exposure they don't need, all before buggering off back to whatever else they want to do. And Ryder is sick of it. He says he is the future of WWE. And they are the past.

The attacks now become more visible, as Ryder now lures the legends to the ring and starts attacking them there, racking up wins over people he's obviously superior than; he's young, fit and fast, and the legends are no match for him. Come the Royal Rumble, he promises to win, but is eliminated quickly by Jerry Lawler, making him furious; another old-timer costing him his shot.

He faces Lawler, king of spotlight hogging, at Elimination Chamber, with Cole pointing out Ryder has realised what Cole knew all along about Lawler. Ryder wins and decides to set his sights on one more legend, the one running the show. The one who gets to appear on Raw several times a night while he fights to appear once. The GM, Mick Foley. In a bid to get on Mania, he challenges Foley and the match is accepted. The result is ultimately decided by the fans reactions over the previous few weeks; if Ryder is getting serious heat, then he wins. If the crowd don't care, Foley wins for the feel good factor for the older fans before Rock's ultimately destined loss to Cena.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So just to be clear Eve is gone? Thats a pity, she really grew into her role as an on screen personality rather than a wrestler,

• Registered Users Posts: 85,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Might be time to introduce this year's thread now. According to the Observer, Eve Torres is soon to depart the company:

I'm disappointed to hear this because she's decent in the ring - and there aren't many women left in the company that are - and I feel her character had a lot of potential that they never quite utilised. I think a problem for her was how A.J. became the star diva in the company shortly after her own big angle with Cena and the heel turn.

I wasn't enamoured with the women's division but now it looks like it's going to be in a right state. I hope they will call one of the NXT women up soon and give it a bit of a boost.

Think she could do well and have a career in television like Keibler maybe presenting

I also think she was a better heel than AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

DM-ICE wrote: »
    So just to be clear Eve is gone? Thats a pity, she really grew into her role as an on screen personality rather than a wrestler,

Yes, she's gone. Profile moved the Alumni section on wwe.com

The Rewview-a-wai guys were saying she's going to become the face of Gracie's MMA DVDs for women and have a part in running his gyms.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Source: Pwinsider.com

WWE developmental talent TAC (Brandon Carter) was released on Friday.

Carter was a former offensive tackle for Texas Tech University who came into development as a long-time wrestling fan.

Carter previously used Twitter for several outbursts a few months ago and said he wasn’t afraid of being fired, unlike the other people “playing it safe”.

In November, he wrote: “Not one person in developmental or #wwe have the accolades that I do, yet they act like they are deserved something. #wwe you deserve more! Same generic cookie cutter wrestlers. ONE speaks out and he’s a REVOLUTION starter? Change is coming! #wwe you deserve it! #TAC REVOLUTION.” The comment was later deleted.

Several days later, similar messages were sent to John Cena and other WWE personalities before the Twitter account went silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=76317
    WWE has released Jack Doan. Doan was the second longest tenured referee on the WWE roster and had been with the company since 1991. We have not heard the reason as of this writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Who's the longest? I thought it was Doan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

According to Wiki Chioda's been there since '89.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That's strange, is it anything to do with his considerable weight gain in recent years I wonder? With tv and all maybe they don't want a fat guy reffing matches. He's been there a while, he started off as a truck driver for the company. He's quite young too only 43.

That's strange, is it anything to do with his considerable weight gain in recent years I wonder? With tv and all maybe they don't want a fat guy reffing matches. He's been there a while, he started off as a truck driver for the company. He's quite young too only 43.
    He has had a few shoulder injuries. Thats pretty bad news for a referee. Maybe they dont think he is up to the job anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they need to bring back Earl imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

they need to bring back Earl imo.

If were running things I wouldn't, the guy is trash, a good company doesn't employ a thief. TNA is the place for him and his son, a couple of slow redneck NASCAR watching hicks. His son's overacting is hilarious to watch actually..the beanpole hayseed thinks he's a star. :rolleyes:

If were running things I wouldn't, the guy is trash, a good company doesn't employ a thief. TNA is the place for him and his son, a couple of slow redneck NASCAR watching hicks. His son's overacting is hilarious to watch actually..the beanpole hayseed thinks he's a star. :rolleyes:

Bret? :pac:

Supposedly Derrick Bateman and Briley Pierce have been released.

This is the only source though

https://twitter.com/arda_ocal/status/335438073804492800

• Registered Users Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

More gone

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/77618/more-wwe-releases-confirmed.html?p=1

WWE has also released Sakamoto, who was originally paired with Tensai before being sent back down to developmental, this morning. He was signed to WWE in 2011 after originally breaking into the business under TAKA Michinoku in Japan.
    WWE has also released developmental Diva Audrey Marie, who was signed in 2011 after being recruited by WWE and trained in the system.

There are at least two additional names we have heard were released from developmental and are working to double source them.

Very sad about Bateman. Realistically WWE never got Colt Cabana's humour so they would never get Bateman's quirkier humour. Also they already Brad Maddox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

His stuff with Curtis,Maxine and Kaitlyn on NXT was great.

Surprised that Sakamoto lad was employed this long.

Audrey Marie and Bayley.

Easily see them on the chop block due to the influx of Rebbeca Knox and Sarah Backman.

Trent Baretta actually tweeted this earlier today "Fired People Meal":
    https://vine.co/v/bETLeLq5VDK

Scoopz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Tensai_Shove.gif

OMDFg.gif

Advertisement