Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Change his name? Ya me neither he'll more then likely stay Chris Hero

More TNA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's hardly that surprising, is it? Seemed to be problem after problem...

Asked three people who are fairly reliable and I two of them don't speak to each other who tend to know the score it was attitude based. A number of people would offer him advice including some main roster people and trainer and he would typically answer back proporting to know better.

Not answering back to a veteran is long time Wrestling custom. You are just meant to take it and say yes Sir. Aesthetically his body was an issue but it was seen as much if not more a manifestation of a bad attitude, not listening to advice etc. I remember Sean Waltman saying that Hero was very misunderstood and he just wants to Wrestle.

Stuff like this is why you will hear trainers and talent development people say it is far harder to train Indy workers than those starting from scratch. As they don't have problematic and hard to fix bad habits. You can get all smarky idealistic but at the end of the day being a WWE sports entertainer IS a job that requires a lot of listening to the instructions from agents to referees to production cues to PR/charities.

He is a nice guy and has a lot of friends but this isn't the first time a relationship between him and promoter/company has gone sour in a big way. Watch his last shoot interview.

Personally speaking only - given the quick gains he achieved I wouldn't be shock to here something wellness related involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Six months ago and I would not have been surprised, but now I am.

Short notice, but PWG have one more show this year, the return of a Hero? :D

EDIT: PWG already announced it :D:D:D
    Oh my god Tazz whats Chris ohno doing in the iMPACT zone?

The most overused (bad) joke in wrestling.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    The most overused (bad) joke in wrestling.

The only promotion that resembles that is New Jersey's Pro Wrestling Syndicate - a promotion like the old Irish Whip Wrestling in that they offer a match and an autograph from a TV star(s).

They seem to book recent releases first out of both name value and a sign of wrestler-wrestler solidarity. As ex-developmental wresters book the talent there.

Note from PWInsider
    There were a few of people on the main roster surprised by the announcement that Kassius Ohno was released, since the word making the rounds was that Triple H had praised the Ohno-Luke Harper match that just aired on NXT when it was filmed in Florida.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That's a shame. I liked his feud with Regal on NXT. He would have been interesting on Raw.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Change his name? Ya me neither he'll more then likely stay Chris Hero

I can confirm he plans to return and keep the name Chris Hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Real shame to see Ohno go. Really enjoyed his work on NXT and was hoping to see him hook up with Cesaro again on the main roster

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He was super quick getting bookings so I'm guessing it was a mutual release. He's been there about 2 years and has moved no closer to the main roster. Dont blame him for getting tired of wasting his talents on the jobber show.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He was super quick getting bookings so I'm guessing it was a mutual release. He's been there about 2 years and has moved no closer to the main roster. Dont blame him for getting tired of wasting his talents on the jobber show.

He got his release earlier in the week. He went back home to Ohio Thursday-ish. So he got a head start in terms of booking.

Totally forgot he had the BadNewsBarrett gimmick before Wade and used on NXT.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Wade pretty much robbed his finisher as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was he the only one released? Don't they usually release more than one at a time? Guess that would also imply a mutual decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

rovert wrote: »
    He got his release earlier in the week. He went back home to Ohio Thursday-ish. So he got a head start in terms of booking.

Totally forgot he had the BadNewsBarrett gimmick before Wade and used on NXT.

It happened on Friday morning.

WWE released several NXT talents this afternoon.
    Mason Ryan, a Welsh talent who had been brought up to the main roster for a short period of time as a member of the Nexus while it was under CM Punk's control. Ryan had been pushed in NXT as a big monster type but had disappeared from TV in recent months. He returned to TV on the last episode of NXT, losing to Tyson Kidd.

Shaul Guerrero, the daughter of Eddie and Vickie Guerrero, who was in her second WWE developmental run. She was part of an early version of The Ascension during her first run and had not been used on TV during this run.

Oliver Grey, a British talent, who had just returned from a knee injury after being out for quite some time, losing to Camacho on NXT TV. He was formerly a tag team partner of Adrian Neville, who had been moved into a big singles role while Grey was injury.

Danny Burch, a British talent, had been signed since 2011. He debuted on NXT TV in 2013 but had never been given a regular role or push.

If PWInsider.com confirms additional releases, we will have them on the site ASAP.

Very sad. Hope they keep Becky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Spring cleaning again I see. Hope there's not too many casualties this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

The dream Rob Terry/Mason Ryan Welsh Superpowers tag team is finally a possibility!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wasn't mason ryan a conditioning coach at NXT or something? Surprised he is gone if so.

WWE's quarterly earnings report is out tomorrow. I guess it is worse than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Was just thinking this morning "When was the last future endeavoured?"

I think I jinxed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Very sad. Hope they keep Becky.

Do you think that is a possibility? I'm sure Del Rey would be hot for her and champion for her to stay? Plus the fact that Vince loves his Irish characters, I doubt he'd get rid of her without giving her a chance. I'd be pissed if true as I think she'd make a big impact on TV if/when giving a chance. Her old promos are great craic. #bojangled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

WWE's quarterly earnings report is out tomorrow. I guess it is worse than expected.

And they surely expected it to be bad what with the launch of the network that they spent a pretty penny on.

Do you think that is a possibility? I'm sure Del Rey would be hot for her and champion for her to stay? Plus the fact that Vince loves his Irish characters, I doubt he'd get rid of her without giving her a chance. I'd be pissed if true as I think she'd make a big impact on TV if/when giving a chance. Her old promos are great craic. #bojangled

I am 99% sure she's fine. Just they cut a lot of talent from this side of the world. She tweeted within the last 2 hours and releasees are usually told a day or two before it goes public. Chris Hero was already home in Ohio when the news broke about his release.
    And they surely expected it to be bad what with the launch of the network that they spent a pretty penny on.

It was always expected to be a big money losing quarter. But it may way worse than expected.

mookieghana the stat guy:
    I guess it's not that surprising when you consider all four of them had been in developmental for 2+ years:

According to the BBC article about him, Mason Ryan signed a five year deal all the way back in 2009. It's been five years so I'm not surprised they decided to let him go.

Oliver Grey (Joel Redman) spent about 1.5 years in developmental, but signed back in March 2012, so he was at the end of two years in WWE.

Danny Burch signed with WWE back in 2011 and started there in June 2012. He also had about two year under a developmental contract.

Raquel Diaz (Shaul Marie Guerrero) signed a deal back in October 2010 so she's been in developmental for 3.5 years.

It was reported when the Performance Centre first opened was it was Triple H's mentality that there wasn't going to be anyone sitting in developmental for 3 years not improving a tap like they there had been in FCW and OVW. Triple H wants everyone to be constantly improving and talent to be at the point of being capable of being called up to the roster in the most expedient fashion possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Konnor (Connor O Brian) is still there though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I guess Shaul Guerroro did the smart thing in going back to college when she did then. She was never going to make it in the WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

AZ9QTlI.gif

I guess Shaul Guerroro did the smart thing in going back to college when she did then. She was never going to make it in the WWE.

Some people are making this mistake Shaul IS Raquel Diaz. Her younger sister Sherilyn is the one in college that Vickie always tweets about doing well in school.

They both have a half sister Kaylie who Eddie is the father of and from a short relationship when Eddie spilt from Vickie between Eddie's two stints in WWE.

PWInsider confirms Shara aka Sarah Backman's NXT departure.

As reported by this reporter three days ago: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90123546&postcount=560

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Thought we might see Matista in new Evolution :p

Is there no 2014 thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

To be fair I'm not sure how the release of four nobodies indicates impending financial doom for WWE? I watch NXT, I've seen them all several times and wouldn't have seen any of them having much potential to step up to the main roster.

Advertisement