Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

A real shame. I remember watching her feud with Trish when I was growing up. She's one of the best model-turned-wrestlers in today's business. Unlike Taeler Hendrix, I doubt she left of her own accord. It's sad that she had five reigns with the belt and only the most recent one was in any way meaningful. Imagine if she popped up in WWE again - not likely but perhaps she could be hired as a trainer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

A real shame. I remember watching her feud with Trish when I was growing up. She's one of the best model-turned-wrestlers in today's business. Unlike Taeler Hendrix, I doubt she left of her own accord. It's sad that she had five reigns with the belt and only the most recent one was in any way meaningful. Imagine if she popped up in WWE again - not likely but perhaps she could be hired as a trainer?

She has a Wrestling Themed restaurant in Chicago she just opened: https://twitter.com/theSQDcircle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

rovert wrote: »
    TNA "released" Tara

would love to see a feud with AJ over use of the Black Widow name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So that leaves the Knockouts division as Mickie James, Gail Kim, Taryn Terrell, the MIA Velvet Sky and the MIA Brooke Tessmacher. Only other one is ODB who hardly wrestles these days.

Odd that they had Tara get injured, come back for a couple of manager appearances and then release her. Surely it'd have made more sense to skip the manager part and let Gail claim to have ended her career?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

• Advertisement

Just seen that myself. Was going to say I hope they recorded something to explain it, but I dont think they have any more shows recorded. Next taping I think is this Thursday. I'm guessing they'll say he walked away after losing the election thing last week.

Easily the biggest one yet but if it's to save money, they are cutting the wrong people. Hogan's wage for a year would likely have covered all the released guys/girls for easily a year, probably more. Roster is starting to get small.

According to Pro Wrestling Dot Net is that D'Lo Brown was recently fired after agreeing to re-structure his deal into a per night agreement. D'Lo could not be reached for comment
    Pro Wrestling Dot Net is reporting that Bruce Prichard was asked to restructure his deal (much like the many other TNA personnel) but he rejected the deal. It is believed that his days in TNA are numbered barring an unexpected twist.

All getting very Game of Thrones here.

So they sacked D'lo for agreeing to it, but kept Prichard for not agreeing to it?

Prichard should have been the first out the door with his ever growing list of screw ups and close calls. Roode, Velvet, Devon, Bully, Taz, RVD and now DOC in the recent past.

That was kinda poorly word wasn't it?
    MORE ON TODAY'S TNA DEPARTURES
    by Mike Johnson @ 10:53 PM on 7/16/2013

The situations surrounding the departures of Tara and Doc were each a completely different series of circumstances, according to TNA sources.

While Tara was a release planned by TNA as a cost-cutting move, sources indicate that the company lost Doc because his contract negotiations went on too long and finally his deal expired. He had been figured into creative plans going forward with an eventual babyface turn, something that had been teased.

The blame on Doc's exit was placed on Bruce Prichard, head of Creative and Talent Relations by some. There were several different sources this evening that contacted PWInsider, claiming that this was just the latest example of contract negotiations going down to the wire or resulting in talents exiting this year under Prichard's watch.

The most noteworthy of those exits were Rob Van Dam. On his Twitter, Van Dam explained his departure from TNA as, " Contract expired. So did professionalism, courtesy and respect." One source claimed that Van Dam stopped getting his calls returned by the company.

It should be noted that is in the case of Doc, it is entirely possible the two sides could still come to terms of a new deal (as happened with Devon in the past), but as of now, he is gone and free to go anywhere he pleases.

In the case of Tara, sources claim she was far and away the highest paid female wrestler on the roster and the decision was made to shift that money elsewhere. The belief is that there could be more releases to come as well down the line.

Other recent TNA departures have been Matt Morgan (release request granted), Madison Rayne (contract expired), Doug Williams (released), Taeler Hendrix (released), Christian York (released), Crimson (released), and Joey Ryan (released).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

And yet Garet Bischoff and Briscoe is still employed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And yet Garet Bischoff and Briscoe is still employed:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hopefully Brooke f**ks off when she gets married. She aspires to be worthless.
    Hope Pritchard leaves, a f**king clueless moron. He's like the Damien Comolli of wrestling.

Is it true tna are looking to sign talents to replace the ones leaving?
    If thats true its utter madness tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Probably young guys who don't have many options but to sign ****ty deals

Talk that Prichard is gone too. Hopefully they hire someone capable of not letting contracts expire now. A plank of wood would be an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Ted DiBiase says he won't be resigning with WWE once his contract comes to an end. Wants to pursue other adventures like being a Dad. Best of luck to him. Hopefully when he does come back he's a little more experienced with a better gimmick. Does have talent.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=b7C8mJvases&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Db7C8mJvases%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

On my mobile so no idea if this link will work. Can't embed it.

Will always treasure Ted Jr's lack of sexual chemistry with Maryse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He's a charisma black hole and will be no loss.

ZERO memory of Virgil being his second until I saw this:

OTL10_Photo_023.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Pity,he's pretty good in the ring,just ever found a gimmick that suited him besides the early stuff he did with Rhodes before they joined with Orton.

Terrible entrance music though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Always had a feeling Ted would go that way from the limited interaction I've seen with him and his son he looked like he was enjoying being a Dad way more than being a full time wrestler

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At the start i always thought DiBiase would be the Shawn Micheals/Edge of Legacy , but i was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

At the start i always thought DiBiase would be the Shawn Micheals/Edge of Legacy , but i was wrong

Me too

He could have been used as part of Heyman's group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I personally thought he was released after Legacy went belly up. No big loss. Hopefully he doesn't burn any bridges while hes semi retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,973 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

For the record, I've always thought he was kind of crap: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65366365&postcount=8

This was back when people were predicting he'd be the one to break the Streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

He suffered a lot of setbacks in 2010 when Legacy folded and he had a big losing streak and disastrous pairing with Maryse. He had potential to be rejuvenated after he turned face in 2011 but he got injured and they never did anything with him when he returned

**** news:
    SURPRISING WWE NXT RELEASE
    by Mike Johnson @ 12:07 AM on 11/9/2013

WWE released NXT star Kassius Ohno, aka Chris Hero, who has worked in main event level positions for Ring of Honor, Pro Wrestling NOAH, CHIKARA, IWA Mid-South and CZW, among other promotions all over the world, PWInsider.com has confirmed.
    According to multiple sources, Ohno was released by WWE officials while waiting to begin training Friday morning at the Performance Center. He had just returned to WWE NXT after being held off of TV for some time. What will turn out to be his final appearance, a loss to The Wyatt Family's Luke Harper, aired this past Wednesday on NXT. He had been signed to WWE developmental in 2012.

Ohno, a Dayton, Ohio native, broke into the business in 1998 and was trained by a slew of excellent trainers, including Les Thatcher and Dory Funk Jr. Similar to the career path that Daniel Bryan took, he traveled the world, most notable Germany, England and Australia, learning all sorts of different styles and adding them to his in-ring repertoire. I've always likened him to a young Barry Windham because of his tall frame and working ability.

Like a lot of other independent stars of the early 2000s, Hero made his name with a lot of travel, not just internationally but all over the United States, driving with a crew that included Antonio Cesaro (then Claudio Castagnoli) and the late Larry Sweeney and worked pretty much everywhere. He clicked in just about every major independent promotion of the era.

Hero originally built his name in Ian Rotten's IWA Mid-South, where he ended up having a great feud with CM Punk (as recounted on Punk's Best in the World DVD documentary) as well as a long run in CHIKARA, where he was a top name there as well as one half of the Kings of Wrestling tag team with Cesaro. He soon made his way to CZW, where he worked as a top heel there and began working regularly for Pro Wrestling Guerrilla in California as well.

The one promotion he wasn't getting booked for was Ring of Honor, which was considered the top independent promotion in the landscape, so when he showed up as a mystery opponent representing CZW against then-ROH champion Bryan Danielson (aka Daniel Bryan), it was a huge, legitimate shock for that audience and helped kick off a CZW vs. ROH feud that drew great numbers for ROH as well as an audience that was as legitimately split down the middle as a New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys game.

Hero morphed into a regular member of the ROH roster, capturing their Tag belts with Cesaro, who he held a number of other tag straps with. He began training and wrestling for Pro Wrestling NOAH in Japan and did well there, including having the mate Mitsuharu Misawa "gift him" the roaring elbow, which Hero used even in WWE as a finish.

When Hero was signed in 2012, it seemed like just a matter of time before he joined Punk, Bryan and others on the main roster, but for some reason - whether it be politics or mistakes made, he never made it to the main roster. I don't even believe he was sent on the road for dark matches, which boggled my mind. His work in the ring was good. He had obviously, based on his last TV appearances, worked on his physique. He had a decent speaking ability and his charisma always sort of reminded me a quiet version of a young Mick Foley. As a heel, he portrayed a great d***. He knew all sorts of different styles and honestly, should have been training the same talents he was instead training with in the Performance Center. All the elements were there, except, apparently, WWE didn't see it.

Note from Mike: This release will go down, to me, as one of those moments in history where you wonder what the hell went wrong, and how WWE couldn't see the potential in someone just about every independent promotion in the world will be scrambling to book once they read this. This is absolutely going to be a case where this, long term, will be WWE's loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Oh my god Tazz whats Chris ohno doing in the iMPACT zone?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Oh my god Tazz whats Chris ohno doing in the iMPACT zone?

I don't think he will do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »
    I don't think he will do that.
    Change his name? Ya me neither he'll more then likely stay Chris Hero

Advertisement