Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Wins and losses at the NXT Tapings tonight are going to be interesting.

June's TV is in the can. They are taping four weeks for July tonight. So they can take a bit of a Summer break.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So not doing the 2 at a time method yet?
    Angron wrote: »
    The dream is over, the streak has ended.
    Seems to be the year for that happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

JTG's contract situation for the last few years shall serve as a warning to any talent who dares complain about their WrestleMania payoff in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

As noted earlier, WWE has added JTG to the list of WWE Superstars who were let go earlier today. JTG posted the following reaction to his release on Twitter just moments ago:

"Damn ! Why I pick up my phone !"

So that's how he avoided it for all these years.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So not doing the 2 at a time method yet?

Too expensive/not yet.

I assume July/August will be a huge induction period for new talents like it was last year. So NXT will focus exclusively on that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hopefully Drew hops on a plane to Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

JTG hasn't wrestled on tv since September 16th 2013 he was literally being paid for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Plus those releases will free up roster space for those in NXT for when they eventually get that call up to the main roster.

Cant wait for more people to be used like Xavier Woods.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Cant wait for more people to be used like Xavier Woods.

Twice in as many Raws, I've drawn a blank on his name when he's on screen. And that never happens with me and wrestling :(

EdK wrote: »
    JTG hasn't wrestled on tv since September 16th 2013 he was literally being paid for nothing

Downside guarantee for you. I don't think he was earning less than $75,000 if WWE had him as a main roster guy. $35,000 if they classed him as a NXTer.

Again Wrestlers pay their expenses for them most part so if JTG was on the road about half of whatever he was on would go to hotels, rental cars, food etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Vision of Disorder

Sorry to see Hawkins and McIntyre go, think they both had a lot of potential, I've felt Hawkins was the most under-utilised guy on the roster for a few years. Brodus Clay had potential but I think they'd booked him into the ground. Camacho wasn't bad, was probably worth keeping around for a while yet.

Bourne had ability but also two wellness violations in a depressingly short period of time to go with his injury prone label. Wouldn't blame them for letting him go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Pity about Evan Bourne, but it was probably deserved given his history.

I don't know if NXT'ers have little or any say on their main event call ups but anybody resembling a Brodus Clay type gimmick should be well aware... Might as well dig your own grave.

Fandango will be replaced by someone else and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

So David Otunga is new JTG now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

HCTfwHJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Shame to see Drew get fired. I am suprised he lasted so long tho. I mean he really got jobbed out years ago after the famous vince 'endorsement' - but 7 years is a decent run.

I say the chap isnt a millionaire but reckon he has enough to buy a nice house in Scotland :p

I'm just glad I got to see 3MB live before they disbanded :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,392 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surprised by Drew and Brodus releases tbh, I think Dixie and Jarrett will both try for Drew, wherever he ends up I hope he does well, I still thought after 3MB, he would be repackaged and maybe even paired with someone like Heyman

I hope Sandow is safe

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Evan Bourne and his 2 fingers will be off to ROH soon
    Like someone else said I'd like to see Drew try his hand at going to Japan if he can (surprised they let him go tbh)
    Brodus I could see being a worthwhile acquisition for Gaelforce Wrestling (I know Jarrett's companu is called Global Force but I always think of this)
    The Indies plus his school seem a good fit for Hawkins, hope he does well always here good things about him

JTG - Well fair play for him lasting so long
    Yoshi Tatsu writing was on the wall for this one, if it didnt happen he would be the new JTG
    Aksana was a little bit of a surprise as she was being used but im not sure if anyone will really miss her
    Teddy Long I think many imagined had a job for life but honestly I dont think they had anything for him to do
    Jinder I would have gotten rid of before he was put in 3MB where imo he was terribly out of place
    Camacho is a slight surprise but they never use the lad on the main roster and eventually this was going to happen he could do ok elsewhere but the top 4 grouped above would be my picks from those released

Saw someone else mention Rosa & Tyson Kidd as potentials to go next but Total Divas will keep both nice and safe in a job (Rosa supposidly in the next season)

tbh this needed to happen far too big a roster and far too many people not being used at all. If they arr good enough hopefully they will go elsewhere and prove the WWE wrong but nobody here will be missed too much although 3MB were fun recently especially and I wouldnt have gotten rid of them, ok Jindrt yes, then just officially upgrade Swoggle from half a man to a full one and keep em 3MB, what slater will do now will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

rovert wrote: »
    He didn't really move. PWS is a promotion he has worked for a while.

His close friends run PWS and he attends shows but never done anything in an official capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Some where Zack is hiding with his phone engaged

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Who is going to job in 3 on 1 handicaps and get destroyed during pointless segments now though? Somebody will have to do it, 3MB really were a vital cog in the show

Who is going to job in 3 on 1 handicaps and get destroyed during pointless segments now though? Somebody will have to do it, 3MB really were a vital cog in the show

Xavier Woods, R-Truth and Zack Ryder?

Woods and Truth I can imagine all right, but I dont see Ryder fitting in here.. (that might make me sound a bit rascist, but that's how WWE has conditioned me to see them :pac:)

Rose (let's face it, this is where he going), Ryder and ..Sandow?

Woods and Truth I can imagine all right, but I dont see Ryder fitting in here.. (that might make me sound a bit rascist, but that's how WWE has conditioned me to see them :pac:)

Rose (let's face it, this is where he going), Ryder and ..Sandow?

I didnt want to say three black guys getting beat up by a (more than likely) white guy :pac:

Could give Ryder a gimmick change where he thinks he is black :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I didnt want to say three black guys getting beat up by a (more than likely) white guy :pac:

Could give Ryder a gimmick change where he thinks he is black :D
    That could work :pac:

Ryder's gimmick is already pretty close to how WWE likes to portray african-americans and I'm sure Vince would get a chuckle out of their wacky rascist adventures

Although I guess that could have been a reference to Booker's infamous Hogan promo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ryder, Ziggler & The Miz has already been teased, why not make them a team?

They could call them : The Z-Listers

Something alluded to over in the Meme thread, but of the 11 superstars released yesterday, only 2 were white Americans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Ugh, I think Hawkins's leg was kicked out of his leg when Reks decided to leave just when it looked like their team was going to get more stuff.

Barreta and Hawkins shoulda tagged. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A crazy idea would've been to have Hawkins and Ryder team up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Advertisement