Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Apparently this is the guy he slapped https://twitter.com/CodyBarbierri

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    Based on sketchy stories and what wrestlers have been talking about, at catering, somebody asked the person to clean off his plate. The person joked something along the lines of how that's Del Rio's job. Del Rio found out and confronted him. As the story goes, he didn't apologize and then smiled at him, and Del Rio slapped him"

If this story turns out to be true, then that is a very harsh sacking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Monokne wrote: »
    "The story going around is that he slapped a a Social Media manager, at this week's television, but there are a variety of different stories going around regarding what led to this.

Based on sketchy stories and what wrestlers have been talking about, at catering, somebody asked the person to clean off his plate. The person joked something along the lines of how that's Del Rio's job. Del Rio found out and confronted him. As the story goes, he didn't apologize and then smiled at him, and Del Rio slapped him"

Why the hell would you do that?! I hope the Social Media manager got a paddlin' for that aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Garseys wrote: »
    Why the hell would you do that?! I hope the Social Media manager got a paddlin' for that aswell.

Oh you better believe thats a paddlin....:pac:

h6pGwCx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

deano546 wrote: »
    Apparently this is the guy he slapped https://twitter.com/CodyBarbierri

Alberto Del Rio vs The Mummy @Wrestlemania 31

Make it happen Vince.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

They could have used this to further ADR's heel status!

I have mental images of him slapping the guy about in the back, calling him names in spanish.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Guy was a dick but you don't go around hitting your co workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Guy was a dick but you don't go around hitting your co workers.

Is that not wrestling in a nutshell :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

If the story is true in another day and age he would've lost his job for not doing something about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

bradlente wrote: »
    If the story is true in another day and age he would've lost his job for not doing something about it.

Absolutely. Vince would hear how much a push-over he'd be and would...I was gonna say jobbed out mercilessly until he was gone, but so what's new! :pac:

From the sounds of it he was well within his rights to slap yer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If that's true they were just looking for a reason to get rid of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

Being put in a feud with Cena was the worst thing that happened to Del Rio, couldn't be taken seriously after Cena convincingly beat him at NOC 2011. Though he did win the title back, only because of outside interference, it was only so he could lose it to Punk.

Then last year he had a good run of matches as WHC before being treated as a nobody against Cena once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

couldn't be taken seriously after Cena convincingly beat him at NOC 2011.

But sure Cena convincingly beats everybody, all the time. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Being put in a feud with Cena was the worst thing that happened to Del Rio, couldn't be taken seriously after Cena convincingly beat him at NOC 2011. Though he did win the title back, only because of outside interference, it was only so he could lose it to Punk.

Then last year he had a good run of matches as WHC before being treated as a nobody against Cena once again.

Feuding with cena seems to lose any momentom for most wrestlers who feud with him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Who was the last guy who really benefited from a feud with John Cena, where it actually elevated them?

Daniel Bryan?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

From the sounds of it he was well within his rights to slap yer man.

Tbh, if I was making the money Del Rio is, I'd laugh at an internet reporter taking shots at me, and then hand him a 50 to wipe away his butt-hurt tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yeah, good worked but he just seemed to wrestle the same guys all the time.

AGGRESSIVE:pac:

xaw3mp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

sky88 wrote: »
    Feuding with cena seems to lose any momentom for most wrestlers who feud with him

and for those select few it elevates them to main-event status ie edge, punk, bryan. sheamus also came out elevated but hhh squashed his momentum quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Social media lad still has the passwords anyway

5wTkNV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

I should hope yer man will be fired as well for racism.

Going against the trend here and saying I'll miss Del Rio. Sure, he wrestled the same guys repeatedly, but he was a very reliable mid carder for putting on a decent match. Him versus Sheamus or Christian or Ziggler was guaranteed to be a solid and entertaining.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hah, retweeted by Triple H (or his twitter account anyway)

Alberto should demand that Steph be fired as well :P

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Who was the last guy who really benefited from a feud with John Cena, where it actually elevated them?

Daniel Bryan?

Thing with Bryan was he beat Cena clean as a whistle, Punk never even got that. So Cena put Bryan over in the best possible way and within 24 hours it was almost forgotten about. You would think that an obvious argument against the B+ thing was that he beat Cena in a huge match. Was so annoying then to listen to Michael Cole in the build up to mania say how much of an underdog Bryan was, sure beating HHH will give you much more credibility than beating Cena.

Point I was making about ADR, and the same point I've made about Wyatt, is that they don't always have to beat Cena, but neither were allowed to look competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd kinda agree that Bryan's clean victory was somewhat tainted by the direction they took post-Summerslam 2013, but there's also the fact that his knee finisher, for the about 4 months, was titled 'the move that beat Cena'.

It still doesn't have a name, does it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shining Wizard. I think.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'd kinda agree that Bryan's clean victory was somewhat tainted by the direction they took post-Summerslam 2013, but there's also the fact that his knee finisher, for the about 4 months, was titled 'the move that beat Cena'.

It still doesn't have a name, does it?

If I'm remembering right in the build to the Summerslam match Vince didn't want Bryan in the main event because he thought Bryan wasn't good enough, so it was that win where proved himself as a top guy storyline wise. However they then largely ignored this on television and so we got a repeat of the story, of sorts, heading in to Wrestlemania.

Going by Michael Cole's commentary his knee finisher seems to be called 'The Knee'.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

An File wrote: »
    Shining Wizard. I think.

That's slightly different in that it's a running kick rather than a knee. The version he does is called the Busaiku in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's slightly different in that it's a running kick rather than a knee. The version he does is called the Busaiku in Japan.

KENTA will want his move back now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At this rate Kenta is gonna be like Mouth at the 25 second mark

Advertisement