Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    I'd kinda agree that Bryan's clean victory was somewhat tainted by the direction they took post-Summerslam 2013, but there's also the fact that his knee finisher, for the about 4 months, was titled 'the move that beat Cena'.

It still doesn't have a name, does it?

Going by Michael Cole's commentary his knee finisher seems to be called 'The Knee'.

He called it the "Knee Plus" as they had a vote on wwe.com and I think either he or WWE tweeted it out that it was called that.

It obviously has not caught on as people don't know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Correction! He announced it on a SmackDown Backstage Pass post-show.

Here is a link

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭bradlente

ADR's stock has been on a downward spiral ever since he lost to Edge at 'Mania.He was winning that in a mid-upper card match before the news about Edge came out imo.Instead he lost in the opener and never really recovered.Had a couple of good runs after that but he was booked as a main event player after the Rumble.Not sure if it was bad luck or just not the right spot after that,maybe a combination of both.

He'll do a good job wherever he turns up next,AAA,GFW or TNA.The fact his real name is similar means he shouldn't have to have a ridiculously different new ring name too.ADR,Alberto Del Rodriguez,Total-non-stop-Alberto Dorado:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

bradlente wrote: »
    ADR's stock has been on a downward spiral ever since he lost to Edge at 'Mania.He was winning that in a mid-upper card match before the news about Edge came out imo.

At the time, nobody knew that was to be Edge's last match. If Del Rio was winning, that wasn't the reason for the change.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    At the time, nobody knew that was to be Edge's last match. If Del Rio was winning, that wasn't the reason for the change.

Did Edge not know it was going to be his last match?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Iirc, edge vs Del rio was already being teased, if not booked, for Extreme Rules, so I guess not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

According to edge on his DVD he thought he'd still be grand for another while. He was sent for a scan/received scan results after the match and they told him that if he wrestles again he could be paralysed. He was forced into immediate retirement.

Edge seems to be a nice enough to have put Del Rio over on the way out if he knew what was going on and if they had long term plans for him.

Well then for me that match was just bad booking,whoever wins the Rumble should go on to win the belt unless they can lose in a very creative way imo.It's not like it was the real world title either,looking back a Del Rio win could've meant so much that night considering the circumstances."I retired Edge" etc.

There's been talk about CM Punk and legal action. I dunno how the law works in American when it comes to labour but if the reason for Del Rio getting sacked is what's been reported then he can take them for an awful lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maybe if he was an employee of the company. But he's an independent contractor.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Mike Yeaton was a Kevin Dunn guy according to F4Weekly. As I pointed out above his replacement comes from Hunter's inner circle.
    D.Q wrote: »
    Maybe if he was an employee of the company. But he's an independent contractor.

They can contest his employee classification in Court.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

rovert wrote: »
    Mike Yeaton was a Kevin Dunn guy

Those t-shirts will fly off the shelves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

They can contest his employee classification in Court.

but they won't, because then everyone who has been future endeavored could come back and sue WWE for unfair dismissal or similar, claiming they were an employee and citing that case.

but they won't, because then everyone who has been future endeavored could come back and sue WWE for unfair dismissal or similar, claiming they were an employee and citing that case.

That would be the reason why a disgruntled group of Wrestlers with nothing to lose would take the case in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Mike Yeaton was a Kevin Dunn guy according to F4Weekly. As I pointed out above his replacement comes from Hunter's inner circle.

Hunter getting rid of Kevin Dunn's circle.. hmm can they get rid of Dunn aswell?:p

Would probably get in trouble if I shared it early but DelRioaMania is really funny. Look out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Would probably get in trouble if I shared it early but DelRioaMania is really funny. Look out for it.

I'm expecting a lot of enzuguris to fresh air.

Shots fired:
    Legendary AAA rudo announcer Arturo Rivera tweeted almost an hour ago that Alberto del Rio will be appearing at Triplemania XXII this Sunday with no other details than that.

Triplemania is slated to air on iPPV opposite Summerslam this Sunday 8/17.

This will be definitely something to watch out for in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Does he not have a No Compete? Or is that only for guys who are wished the best in their future endeavours?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Does he not have a No Compete? Or is that only for guys who are wished the best in their future endeavours?

What can they do if he breaks the 90 day no compete clause.

Take him to court over it?

Well that would be one way to get the WWE into the courtroom to test the Independent contractor status.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Appearing may not mean competing (although they don't actually 'compete' in the truest sense of the word)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think, and I could be wrong, the No compete only counts for companies with major TV deals in America....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You can wave your no compete clause and work again straight away. They essentially pay you to sit at home for 90 days. The vast majority take it but a few have turned it down. Kurt Angle being the obvious one with his move to TNA.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You can wave your no compete clause and work again straight away. They essentially pay you to sit at home for 90 days. The vast majority take it but a few have turned it down. Kurt Angle being the obvious one with his move to TNA.

Maybe as Alberto was straight up fired/released the suggestion of agreeing terms for release never came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't Daniel Bryan allowed to continue as long as he wasn't on tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't Daniel Bryan allowed to continue as long as he wasn't on tv?

Yup.
    WWE allows former talent to compete on indys during the 90 day clause. Sure, take Drew Galloway. Most recent example.

WWE can be ruthless, chew you up and spit you out business ( :p ) but they realise a person has to earn a living and even in some cases have let a wrestler use the WWE trademarked name and music ( X-Pac comes to mind )

Of course... the rule is only on the indys and never another big promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"The video that starts off well then goes nowhere for a few years"

ADR returned home as a hero
    Bu9sI6wCUAA3O79.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Surprising one this, but Justin Roberts has been future endevoured, effective immediately. WWE didn't renew his contract.
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/519039-wwe-releases-justin-roberts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Surprising one this, but Justin Roberts has been future endevoured, effective immediately. WWE didn't renew his contract.
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/519039-wwe-releases-justin-roberts
    Guess Lilian is back on Raw dutys

Least we don't have too listen too his extra long and drawn out John Cena intros any more!

Advertisement