Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mad to think that he won 2 WWE titles, 2 WHC's, a Royal Rumble and a MITB and is still just mid card, upper mid card at a push. Did he slap the sh*t out of Kevin Dunn or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

According to the latest Observer Newsletter, both the pre-show and post-shows will be dropped in the near future. They currently air before and after Raw, Smackdown and all PPV events. Its likely that the Raw and Smackdown add-ons would be the first to go, as the PPV pre-shows have been airing well before the WWE Network launch on YouTube and the mobile app.

At one point there was discussion of launching a new weekly talk show on the Network, but with all the budget cuts that isn’t even on the table at this point. They have also been slow to update classic content to the Network, as studies are showing that most users are tuning in for monthly PPV events, and newer shows like Total Divas and Legends House, but not a lot of the older content. And as we’ve reported, the WWE Magazine and WWE Kids magazine has been cancelled, effective next month.

Dubya e going ham on these budget cuts

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Their was nothing left for the man to do really. He had wrestled everyone to death a million times.

Bryan, Kofi, Bryan, Cena, Orton and most depressingly Sheamus every ****ing week.

Initially he was good fun but they made him such a boring generic heel.

Won't be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

At least we can still watch all his matches on the WWE Network for only 9.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Rob Feinstein claiming that Del Rio slapped a member of WWE's social media team backstage, and that's what got him the boot.

Rob had those Paedo allegations and is a general scumbag but he is a reliable source of news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

How would Feinstein get that info? Is there a connection I am unaware of? Odd that anyone in WWE would speak to him.

How would Feinstein get that info? Is there a connection I am unaware of? Odd that anyone in WWE would speak to him.

You can't be serious. Mon Ape you are a sharp guy. Rob books Wrestlers for their post-WWE convention appearances and conducts shoot interviews with them. Him and Tommy Dreamer are best mates pretty much. Tommy is close to the WWE office and talent. There's a million other connections too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

rovert wrote: »
    Assaulted another employee.

The word 'employee' immediately rules out his fellow wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Personally I think it's a very personal firing when they post that on the site. I know if I was fired from work, I'd be pretty angry if the company made public both the fact I was fired and the reason. So them doing that implies he did something to really piss them off.
    Like would as many people be trying to find more info if the post just read that they had come to terms, since his leaving had been rumored before.

Of course I know the wrestling business can be cruel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The word 'employee' immediately rules out his fellow wrestlers.

There is a very small number of people it can be. Vince, Triple H and Stephanie are obvious enough but who is going to pick a fight with one of those? Unless you want to be fired of course. Think Kevin Dunn is the other big name that it could have been. Has to be someone in a high position for it to be a sacking rather than a fine/suspension.

Love the made up story that he tried to break the arm of the guy who writes the Adam Rose stuff :pac:

• Advertisement

It was WWE.com/social media guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Wheel of Aggression, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn.

Del Rio's side is that the staffer said a racial remark.

Road Dogg's brother seems to have replaced Mark Yeaton:
    tupusy9y.jpg

Road Dogg aka Brian James has an increasing role in the Company in the Creative department. Also a mate of Triple H.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Scott Armstrong is looking jacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

rovert wrote: »

Road Dogg aka Brian James has an increasing role in the Company in the Creative department. Also a mate of Triple H.

I think the second part of that statement is directly realated too the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think the second part of that statement is directly realated too the first!

The hip bone is connected to the leg bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Always felt that Dr Nick looked like Vince Russo a bit.

dr_nick.jpg978-vince_russo-wcw-1891839.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I never cared about Del Rio really. He was grand in the ring and you could argue he suffered from poor booking, but he never lit the world on fire or appealed to me personally.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I never cared about Del Rio really. He was grand in the ring and you could argue he suffered from poor booking, but he never lit the world on fire or appealed to me personally.

I always felt booking ruined him. He had talent, but his character never developed. Most of his feuds seemed the same (something I fear is happening to Bray Wyatt), he could have been a good mix of JBL and The Million Dollar Man but his character never really progressed.

He had chops in the ring and could get a good match out of most. Could have been better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Ya, booking ruined him entirely.

They should never have taken away the car entrance, nevermind separating him and Ricardo. I always liked ADR, there was something about him that I thought was great, maybe his stiff style.

Creative is really dropping the ball with so many guys, it embarrassing. However, ADR did have somewhat of a short fuse I think - remember the time he went after Sin Cara for stopping a match due to a finger injury? :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Think I’m in the minority but I think Del Rio’s face turn was pretty good. Had to be done with RR and his catchphrases getting over like they did. Turned him slightly into a bit of a gob****e, reminded me a bit of Rodney and Del Boy.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Think I’m in the minority but I think Del Rio’s face turn was pretty good. Had to be done with RR and his catchphrases getting over like they did. Turned him slightly into a bit of a gob****e, reminded me a bit of Rodney and Del Boy.

I agree. He turned to heel too quickly, mainly as Dolph was getting over as a face. Waste really when you see the did F all with Ziggler and people didnt care about Del Rio as a heel again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Thing is though, he's this Mexican aristocrat who flaunted his wealth. He's the kind of guy you naturally don't like.

Turning babyface killed him totally imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Del Rio for most of his time there was almost as bad as Kane has been in terms of getting chucked into the main event for patches to drain whatever life there was in it out. They weren't even able to get anything out of jobbing him out, grand in the ring and all, but worthless, good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

I for one will always remember ADR's contribution to the Botchamania archives with his missed enziguri to the opponent on the ropes - can't find a gif of it, but its the glorious miss where he just gets up and does it again
    -

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

the lex luger of this generation for me. great look, really good worker but never really connected with the fans anywhere near the level that his push merited even with ricardo and the cars etc

remember this is a guy that dominated a then very popular mysterio in 2010 right after debuting, won the rumble, beat a red-hot punk for the title, pinned cena for the title, came back and was booked to take the place of an extremely popular bryan the night after mania 28 (except for the fact the fans in miami were having none of it), booked as the next mexican babyface, given bryans catchphrase and was placed front and centre at every press conference they did while the likes of punk and bryan were off working houseshows at the same time.

90% of guys in wwe would love to be ruined creatively like del rio...imagine how over someone like ziggler would be if he was given half the investment del rio got

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Thing is though, he's this Mexican aristocrat who flaunted his wealth. He's the kind of guy you naturally don't like.

Turning babyface killed him totally imo.
    For me it wasn't a case of not liking him cause he's a guy flaunting his wealth, I didn't like him cause he bored the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Hercule wrote: »
    I for one will always remember ADR's contribution to the Botchamania archives with his missed enziguri to the opponent on the ropes - can't find a gif of it, but its the glorious miss where he just gets up and does it again
    -

He did this numerous times... Was it the one against Big Show? Or the one with the bucket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I remember that one match he had with Big Show when the crowd were going ape **** for him as a babyface as a weird moment. Good match though. Big Show was on fine form at the time producing the best work of his career.

Advertisement