Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks like Smackdown is heading back to Thursdays.

V2att0A.jpg

Apparently taken last night at Smackdown taping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if it were to be live rather than recorded they could actually start to make it relevant again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I thought it was half of an old decal for a truck. There was a truck I saw recently with Ted DiBiase on it for example. But the new WWE logo is on that side as well as all the social media stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Looks like Smackdown is heading back to Thursdays.

V2att0A.jpg

Apparently taken last night at Smackdown taping

The guy in front of the truck looks like Bully Rey.

I wonder if Smackdown going back to Thursday has anything to do with the TNA and Spike stuff. Either way it would be bad news for TNA even if they renewed their deal with Spike.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The guy in front of the truck looks like Bully Rey.

I wonder if Smackdown going back to Thursday has anything to do with the TNA and Spike stuff. Either way it would be bad news for TNA even if they renewed their deal with Spike.

No it has been in the works for a while. When WWE signed a new TV deal in North America a reference was made to Smackdown airing live on Tuesdays.

Both Mike Johnson and Dave Meltzer independently asked WWE's PR department and the answer was curiously issued this curt statement a couple of months ago: "currently airs on Friday nights."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Would it not die on its arse on Thursday ratings wise, Friday much less competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Would it not die on its arse on Thursday ratings wise, Friday much less competition.

More people are in on Thursday nights though. Friday nights for a tv show isn't exactly ideal.

In other news
    looks like we're getting a new WWE Title:
    Triple-H-new-WWE-Title.jpg

Source

edit: apologies about the source, can't link a better one at the moment! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Garseys wrote: »
    More people are in on Thursday nights though. Friday nights for a tv show isn't exactly ideal.

8-10 on Thursdays also puts the first half hour up against the most popular TV show in the US as well as American Football.

Meltzer:
    WWE has confirmed that a move of Smackdown to Thursday is in discussions but has as of yet not been made. They confirmed the production trucks being updated with Smackdown listed as a Thursday night show on Syfy.

"Someone was overzealous in updating our production trucks," said WWE. "The trucks are being fixed to reflect the current and accurate information of Fridays at 8 p.m."

Imagine being the lad who did it and has to redo it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That's why Cesaro has heat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

I see Orton is dealing with a stalker @kgomez325 he called her a fat latino miss piggy but deleted the tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That's it, I'm off to watch Drive.... or at least listen to the soundtrack tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,990 ✭✭✭cena

Surely i doesn't make sense going back to Thursday. The NFL season well be back and they get good ratings on Thursdays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

cena wrote: »
    Surely i doesn't make sense going back to Thursday. The NFL season well be back and they get good ratings on Thursdays

The Friday ratings are 20% lower than what they were doing on Thursdays. Even with the competition, nobody wants to stay home and watch Smackdown on a Friday night, and the DVR numbers are negligible. Thursday is a much better fit.

In terms of Del Rio, Dave Meltzer:

"The story going around is that he slapped a a Social Media manager, at this week's television, but there are a variety of different stories going around regarding what led to this.

Based on sketchy stories and what wrestlers have been talking about, at catering, somebody asked the person to clean off his plate. The person joked something along the lines of how that's Del Rio's job. Del Rio found out and confronted him. As the story goes, he didn't apologize and then smiled at him, and Del Rio slapped him"

Dave also mentions TNA and AAA have expressed interest in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Looks like the social media lad Del Rio allegedly slapped will be gone soon too. Can't imagine this was approved.

5wTkNV.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Looks like the social media lad Del Rio allegedly slapped will be gone soon too. Can't imagine this was approved.

5wTkNV.jpg

AyM1tvYCIAEWhPj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Social media guy seems like an absolute gobsh!te tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,481 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Some wrestler is going to sh1t in his social media bag for posting that crap.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Social media guy seems like an absolute gobsh!te tbh!

Yeah I think they should find someone new.

You should send them an email, make reference to how you are in Ireland so its unlikely you will get into a row with another Employee independent contractor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Some wrestler is going to sh1t in his social media bag for posting that crap.

Well that's one way you could convincingly turn Orton face. :pac:

Tensai OVERTLY says he is retired:

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

So Albert is now an A-Trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

∆∆∆

53463447.jpg

So HHH retweeted that tweet.

So I guess the WWE's next PPV will Del Rio vs Media Guy with HHH in his corner at WWE Twitter WAR's 1 the Battle for bluring the lines!! only on The WWE Network for 9.99 a month (59,94 up front six month commitment) or 19.99 a month once off.

Kevin Steen signs.

20140807_LIGHT_KevinSteen_HP.jpg

First interview on dot.com

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-signs-kevin-steen-26556027

So is he full on Hogan Clone now? I actually kind of like it to be honest

http://shop.wwe.com/John-Cena/superstar-current-johncena,default,sc.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE Supercard is out for mobile devices. It's a free-mium card game. Fun to start off, even if Inhave gotten 4 Summer Raes to start :P

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE Supercard is out for mobile devices. It's a free-mium card game. Fun to start off, even if Inhave gotten 4 Summer Raes to start :P

Doesnt sound like something to complain about :confused: :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement