Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2014 Future Endeavoured Thread *Updated August 8*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

rossie1977 wrote: »
    henry, khali, big show i would assume. anyone making 7 figures in their 40s and barely on tv these days.

Probably not on their level name wise at least, but wouldn't be shocked if ADR is not a WWE employee in 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

henry, khali, big show i would assume. anyone making 7 figures in their 40s and barely on tv these days.

Big Show has a movie coming out so you can count him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Surely Mysterio since he wants out? Why waste money on him when he doesnt want to be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Surely Mysterio since he wants out? Why waste money on him when he doesnt want to be there?

One would assume Rey is still worth a fair amount of money to WWE even if he isn't wrestling.

One would assume Rey is still worth a fair amount of money to WWE even if he isn't wrestling.

He would also be costing them a fair amount. If you want to cut money, a high earner with no interest in staying would be a good place to start rather than potentially two, three or four cheaper guys who actually want to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Morto for Ricardo he should have been sacked for this:
    Bt0_31VIEAA-DQP.jpg

gnfnrhead wrote: »

There's a new promotion launching in North American with a powerhouse Hollywood producer that is focusing on Mexican-Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

rovert wrote: »
    There's a new promotion launching in North American with a powerhouse Hollywood producer that is focusing on Mexican-Americans.

Not to mention the crap load of merch he sells

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Not sure what his deal is today but Powerslam reported Big Show signed to a ten year 900k per year deal in 1999.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

He's safe. He's got an "iron clad contract" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

Would WWE not want him as an agent and for his ambassador skillz?

But enough about Khali...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Sounds like there could be an almighty cull by the weeks end.

Realistically who is the biggest name that could be on the chopping block?

Alberto Del Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Khali makes a fortune for them in India. Regardless of him being on tv or not, surely he gets kept around just for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Great Khali has a job for life in WWE because he is popular in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Are we to expect a huge cut of talent going today or just a handful of talent/staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is this maybe just a work, to have ricardo off air but have el locale move up onto raw and smackdown etc?

no sin cara, no rey, he could be the new mexican star?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sin Cara worked a tag match with Kalisto on NXT last week, so in essence he replaced Rodriguez on that show last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

el locale was horrible and stunk out the joint at nxt takeover. rodriguez should stop pretending to be a wrestler and stick to what he does best as a valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Khali makes a fortune for them in India. Regardless of him being on tv or not, surely he gets kept around just for that.
    mxph3 wrote: »
    The Great Khali has a job for life in WWE because he is popular in India.

Maybe before but now? Is he still a draw in India?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Maybe before but now? Is he still a draw in India?

He has celebrity like status in India. He is a big deal which is why despite being awful, they roll him out every now and then.

There's stuff I revel in being right about and swing my dick around on but this isn't one of those things.

NXT are releasing people as we speak.

• Advertisement

There's stuff I revel in being right about and swing my dick around on but this isn't one of those things.

NXT are releasing people as we speak.

Whos potentially on the chopping block or is anyone safe? I imagine the names for Takeover are all safe.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Whos potentially on the chopping block or is anyone safe? I imagine the names for Takeover are all safe.

Of course. As I said elsewhere it is people who are returning after long term injury and those who are losing on recent TVs seems to be what they draw from going by pass releases. So for example Oliver Grey was released after his first match back after a year being out for a knee injury. Chris Hero was released after being DESTROYED on NXT TV.

Talent evaluation is very Microsoft Excel based. Everything is monitored and I assume scored. The cut list is drafted in advance it is not just decided on the day.

Of course. As I said elsewhere it is people who are returning after long term injury and those who are losing on recent TVs seems to be what they draw from going by pass releases. So for example Oliver Grey was released after his first match back after a year being out for a knee injury. Chris Hero was released after being DESTROYED on NXT TV.

Talent evaluation is very Microsoft Excel based. Everything is monitored and I assume scored. The cut list is drafted in advance it is not just decided on the day.

I assume then that Corey Graves could be done so being injured.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hope not, I quite like Graves.

They will keep Graves for legal reasons IMHO.

Jody Kristofferson has announced he is released. THAT Kris Kristofferson's son and a Rosebud/comedy jobber:

captaincomic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Have to laugh whenever this thread gets bumped. Ya always open it with a tentative click and one eye open.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Travis Tyler gone. Can't say I remember any of his work.

Travis Tyler gone. Can't say I remember any of his work.

He may have done an NXT TV job match. But was a fixture on NXT live events doing a Rick Martel rip off Model gimmick.

A lot of the male non-indie darling talent are very by the numbers.

Heard there are several unexpected people. Baron Corbin seemingly being one.

Triple H mentioned him on the last conference call in the same breath as Neville and Zayn.

Big guy who going to be packaged with Vickie Guerrero daughter Shaul:
    baron-corbin-new-gimmick.jpg

• Advertisement

PWInsider:
    Released were Garett Dylan, Travis Tyler, Slate Randall, Mac Miles and Dani Jax.

Slate Randall was a true surprise. Was in a Reality TV show with The Rock and protege of Paul Bearer.

Shaun-Ricker-wrestler-The-Hero.jpg

Advertisement