Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had Travellers at my Door Tonight Looking for a Hand-Out

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

they're great and mulch-cultural. :)

They are :D I love the mulch of their culturalness.

Thread stays open. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Hippies! wrote: »
    This thread will probably get locked because you're not allowed make threads about travelers here I notice unless you say they're great and multicultural

Or perhaps because it's just four pages of bigoted ranting with no actual content.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

This thread will probably get locked because you're not allowed make threads about travelers here I notice unless you say they're great and mulch-cultrual

That is one major gripe I have with boards.
    You can't say anything bad about 'anyone else' - But you can piss and moan about the irish.

I always remember reading a thread on here about how a taxi driver over-charged someone on a fare. The person mentioned that the driver was african. Just giving the story details. One of the first replies was "i dont see why him being african has anything to do with it"? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Or perhaps because it's just four pages of bigoted ranting with no actual content.

Just realism. I'd like if it was otherwise.

perhaps but where will the bigots go then? where will wethey go :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Do you think Ireland is a better place for having travellers? If yes, why?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

Very sweet of what your mother :) You should be lucky to have a mother like that
    But the last 2 sentences make me laugh and i am sorry if it means serious to you and i will tell you why it made me laugh call me imature but hey ;)

I was laughing when i was writing it, i see the humor in everything so this still cracks me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

T
    I always remember reading a thread on here about how a taxi driver over-charged someone on a fare. The person mentioned that the driver was african. Just giving the story details. One of the first replies was "i dont see why him being african has anything to do with it"? :rolleyes:

No. The poster in the taxi driver case was a blatant racist and edited her posts afterwards to remove her racist comments so she wouldn't get banned. She didn't just give the details of the story.

Bigoted.
    Its an interesting word. Perhaps not the meaning of the word but how much its used. Usually used wrong.

For example, a common usage: using it because one simply disagrees with others.

Smidge wrote: »
    Where abouts was this OP?

in limerick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

That is one major gripe I have with boards.
    You can't say anything bad about 'anyone else' - But you can piss and moan about the irish.

No, boards just has this crazy policy about not being used as a platform for people to spit venom and vitriol about entire groups of people. That's what stormfront is for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

1210m5g wrote: »
    I was laughing when i was writing it, i see the humor in everything so this still cracks me up.

Are you being sarcastic because like I said only the last 2 sentences made me laugh if they do to my door I would laugh at it aswell prob because i am a kid or not i do not know but i am very sorry if i had hurt your feelings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

pikeys are all the same, SCUM

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Because this "majority" have bigoted ignorant views
    I've had to mop up the blood of travellers after they drank in the pub that I worked in at the time. They have destroyed local amenities. They have been forcibly removed from nearby council housing.

Ever think that the majority hate them because a large percentage of the travellers who interact with us are thieving scum?
    Because stereotypes.
    I can say "all blacks are criminals" based on the stereotype of black gangs from America.
    Because stereotypes.
    I can say "all neo-nazis are criminals" based on the stereotype of white pride gangs from America.
    he said ah you look like a fella with a few Bob? When i replied well the garda are not really paid that well
    Must remember that line :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

The sizeable majority of troublemakers in the traveller community could take up a campaign of mutilation and genocide and I bet you would still post the above. Just because their crimes are usually petty, doesn't mean the average Irish person shouldn't be allowed to condemn it.

orestes wrote: »
    No, boards just has this crazy policy about not being used as a platform for people to spit venom and vitriol about entire groups of people. That's what stormfront is for.

Ya but the OP has a valid thread? yes? whoever posts venom etc should be infracted or banned whatever but I don't see anything wrong with the OP's original post.

Bigoted.
    Its an interesting word. Perhaps not the meaning of the word but how much its used. Usually used wrong.

For example, a common usage: using it because one simply disagrees with others.

Disagree with what? The issue being discussed in the thread? There isn't one to disagree with. It's just a load of people slagging off one section of society. Write this down in your book of definitions directly under the word "bigoted".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

Senna wrote: »
    Where's an Alsatian when you need one.

First thing they do is poison the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

What percentage of the population is made up of travellers?

I try and judge people as I find them, have had plenty of interaction with travellers some good, some not so good. Wouldn't judge the entire group by the actions of some but there does seem to be a lot of travellers around the country involved in illegal activity, it can't be the same people time and again. It does seem to be that a large proportion of them are involved in dodgy dealings.

I saw a black lad walking his dog earlier. The dog sh1t in the grass and the black lad didn't clean it up. Aren't the blacks a right load of bastards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Tinkers are well known for being dodgy for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

Disagree with what? The issue being discussed in the thread? There isn't one to disagree with. It's just a load of people slagging off one section of society. Write this down in your book of definitions directly under the word "bigoted".
    Do you think Ireland is a better place for having travellers? If yes, why?

Can you answer this please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Ya but the OP has a valid thread? yes? whoever posts venom etc should be infracted or banned whatever but I don't see anything wrong with the OP's original post.

What does the fact that they were travellers have to do with anything? The OP could just have easily read "had beggers at my door", but by identifying them as travellers the course of the thread is already pre-determined as being a traveller-bashing fukkfest of bile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Happened to us about 3 days ago at about 6.Just said no and closed the door. There was 2 or 3 of them doing the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Maybe its people giving their opinion based on their interactions? If you feel so strongly give a counter opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

tony81 wrote: »
    First thing they do is poison the dogs.

Only after they mistreat them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I saw a black lad walking his dog earlier. The dog sh1t in the grass and the black lad didn't clean it up. Aren't the blacks a right load of bastards?

Ah, but maybe he was just fertilizing the grass? :pac:

I'll be serious for a second,
    Have you had any dealings with travellers?

(awaits lies ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

orestes wrote: »
    What does the fact that they were travellers have to do with anything? The OP could just have easily read "had beggers at my door", but by identifying them as travellers the course of the thread is already pre-determined as being a traveller-bashing fukkfest of bile.
    Because they were a ****ing traveller. It's no different than saying man or woman at my door instead of person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Hey lads. The mds are all drunk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement