Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Had Travellers at my Door Tonight Looking for a Hand-Out

Options
  • 29-12-2012 1:44am

ffs dresses liked celebs bloody so many gold chain and diamonds :mad:

looking for money

the cheek of it

oh and at the end of the road a load of them got into some guys car of to the next area i amuse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Totally read that as looking for a hand job. Thread disappoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yup, this will go well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Probably not real diamonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

You sure it wasn't Mr. T?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I'm guessing there was 3 at the door and 1 peeking in the side window.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Prob checking out your house to rob it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get your popcorn, get your popcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Were they hot? Like those skanks on Channel 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Where abouts was this OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ring the gardai and let them know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Had one call to my house before looking for directions.

Then he tried flogging hash to me.

Then asked me did I know anyone who wanted hash.

Then he tried flogging a TV and a digital camera to me.

Then he gave me a card with his number (gutter cleaning service) and told me to give him a buzz if I ever needed stuff like phones and laptops.

What a lovely fellow he was to offer me such kind, and legit, services..............*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

tajd wrote: »

looking for money

the cheek of it

oh and at the end of the road a load of them got into some guys car of to the next area i amuse

Some guys car?...obviously not real travellers if it wasn't a van.

Maybe Roma pretending to be travellers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Shure, It's their culture now apparently,

Hand it over & hand it over now Boss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

TV licence inspectors, travellers, Jehovas Witnesses, Tidy Towns, Chuggers, Local clubs.......

There isn't any advantages to opening your door to randomers these days. Get your friends to ring ahead or develop a special knock. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

i amuse
    Y'don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tell them to GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Where's an Alsatian when you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

So OP is jealous because travellers can manage their money enough to buy gold chains?

Senna wrote: »
    Where's an Alsatian when you need one.

Stolen.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

So OP is jealous because travellers can manage their money enough to buy gold chains?

I think you missed his point....they are managing other peoples money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shure, It's their culture now apparently,

Hand it over & hand it over now Boss!

No it's not.

I know quite a number of travellers who don't go round threatening and stealing.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

I might be a kid but let me say this
    My dad or mom(depends who is going to open the door) When anyone comes knocking on the door we simply and my parents thought me that aswell just look out the window
    For exampe 1 week ago a man came knocking middle age around 40 not a traveller we could see he wanted to sell something as he had a van so we just did not bother opening the door
    Now say if we did open the door and they come asking for money we just simply as what they want and say ''Have you got any money''
    (If the people are those like who want to waste your time or by your looks of it are travellers,messers what ever you want to call them
    We just simply shut the door on their face straight away after they say Do you have money ?We simply say No and shut the door right across their face. That would ought to shut them up sure they would say a few bad words but what more can they do steal my house pull a gun I say they might aswel pull out a tommy 20 for all we care the time they would take to either ruin the car or break in the house would be enough time to call the police and to arrest them now if they come over night So what go and fight its your car you paid for it and if you die you would know you died trying
    (Now if they were not messer or by looks it travellers,knacker what ever you want to call them)

Now if it was serious people we would somethimes hand over a few coins or just explain lol we need some money our self :)!!! and justsay we cannot give any and shut the door even if they keep persuaing(I know it might seem rude but like what other option you got you know they never stop so...)
    I learned from my experience in this little life be scared from no one sure they might be bad and all the news killing and guns and stealing so let them do it and let them try see how well it goes

No it's not.

I know quite a number of travellers who don't go round threatening and stealing.

I know a bigger number who do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They'll be back next Monday or Tuesday in the daytime

They know when you are home so now they want to know when are you not home

Lock up well OP, they're checking out your place

Though they'll probably go for elderly person on their own over you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I know a bigger number who do.

Bull****

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Let the Gardai know they are around.

Bull****

It's not.

They've done themselves no favours over the past few years.

There's old people all over rural Ireland who live in fear of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

OP, put a sign on your door reading "jobs available, apply within". That should scare them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Bull****

Not a great comeback. Why is it then that the majority of people have set ideas against them, can you answer that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Not a great comeback. Why is it then that the majority of people have set ideas against them, can you answer that?

Because stereotypes.
    I can say "all blacks are criminals" based on the stereotype of black gangs from America.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement