Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longitude Festival 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

Won't be releasing any details of that lovely weekend though.

love it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

1. Off topic posts deleted.

marlay park is very open to ticketless attendees
    i hope they do a better job on this compared to previous events

2. I'm sick of your posting style. You have contributed nothing to this thread. Unless it changes you're going to get a ban. Don't reply to this on thread. Think about your next posts in this forum very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

I am BUZZING for this. I live about a 10 minute walk away, ideal and a great lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

bleach94 wrote: »
    Anyone know which day Jake Bugg is playing? Might get a day ticket myself if I'm around

Friday. It's on his website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lordgoat wrote: »
    1. Off topic posts deleted.

2. I'm sick of your posting style. You have contributed nothing to this thread. Unless it changes you're going to get a ban. Don't reply to this on thread. Think about your next posts in this forum very carefully.

He posted a quote regarding marlay park.. where the festival is taking place, and gave his opinion.. how exactly is this off topic?

• Advertisement

bennyl10 wrote: »
    He posted a quote regarding marlay park.. where the festival is taking place, and gave his opinion.. how exactly is this off topic?

Do not respond to mod posts in thread. Do so again and you're banned.

edit.

Ok kids, no more warnings. No more off topic posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Just did a quick spin round some official sites looking for day info for some of the electronica acts...

Kalkbrenner's site specifically has 20/7 (Saturday)
    Hot Chip, Trentemoller are vague, just listing the weekend
    SBTRKT is playing Melt on the Saturday so I guess Fri or Sun for him

With the ease of access form Marlay park to outside, I wonder will MCD increase security, at least for the main stage for this? I know from Green Day, people found it easy to stroll in without a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

At the Kasabian gig last year they had the place well locked down. The whole park was closed for a few days while the various gigs were on.

Synode wrote: »
    At the Kasabian gig last year they had the place well locked down. The whole park was closed for a few days while the various gigs were on.

Finally got their act together then.. will this be able to be done at a fully open festival though is the worry.. :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Finally got their act together then.. will this be able to be done at a fully open festival though is the worry.. :/

Id say the only reason they had extra security at Kasabian was because after the Pheonix Park gigs , but hopefully you are right they keep it up . Even Indiependence had extra security checks last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I guess its were the money is to be made

Yep. Wider appeal, higher chance of like-events landing on front pages of the Irish Times or other media, etc. Oxegen did have some rock bands, though it's telling that the last large scale metal festival-like event MCD promoted was Ozzfest back in 2002. It must have done poorly, and Ozzy Osbourne cancelling didn't help.

The whole concert site was fenced in with 10 foot fences (think they were metal - they were sprayed with graffiti). I was up in the park while they were setting up and they fenced the full perimeter. On top of this they closed the whole park which as far as I remember was a first for the Marley Park gigs (I live down the road and am always up there with the wife and kids).

It might have had something to do with the SHM. Or they might have realised that a load of people were bunking in in previous years The security going in was the tightest I've ever seen at a gig (and I've been to tons over the years). Metal detectors, sniffer dogs and full body searches. I heard they were strip searching people they suspected of carrying drugs. The queues were a nightmare getting in but at least nobody was stabbed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

With the ease of access form Marlay park to outside, I wonder will MCD increase security, at least for the main stage for this? I know from Green Day, people found it easy to stroll in without a ticket.

if only the security on the day in marlay was as tight as the moderation of this thread. i think its common knowledge the scum will be there saturday so i might just go fri and sun, if only they were on boards and could confirm.

The whole concert site was fenced in with 10 foot fences (think they were metal - they were sprayed with graffiti). I was up in the park while they were setting up and they fenced the full perimeter. On top of this they closed the whole park which as far as I remember was a first for the Marley Park gigs (I live down the road and am always up there with the wife and kids).

It might have had something to do with the SHM. Or they might have realised that a load of people were bunking in in previous years The security going in was the tightest I've ever seen at a gig (and I've been to tons over the years). Metal detectors, sniffer dogs and full body searches. I heard they were strip searching people they suspected of carrying drugs. The queues were a nightmare getting in but at least nobody was stabbed :pac:

tbh i'm hoping for that at eminem.. it's probably the only gig I'll go to I'll even be happy too see a metal detector at :L

At GD in 2010, I walked in, from the middle of a que wasn't stopped once and asked for a ticket, my friend went for a walk from the centra, again ended up right beside me in the pit.. were horrific checks.. if Security is anythig like that again I may just chance my luck in July

srm23 wrote: »
    i think its common knowledge the scum will be there saturday so i might just go fri and sun, if only they were on boards and could confirm.

I think you hold a very simplistic view of things

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

It seems the HIP thing nowadays for Festivals to live stream over YouTube, wonder will one of the Irish Festivals make the plunge soon? be pretty cool me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Friday. It's on his website.

Cheers! Mightn't be in the country, pity as I missed his Academy show and this if his only other Irish appearance as far as i know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I don't know what's with all this scare stuff about potential trouble. It's completely the wrong type of lineup for your average knife wielding knackerjack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The only mention of anything to do with a Knife on a music forum should be about Karin and Olof

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

That was in the wake in SHM and was completely over the top, they were throwing people out for getting on someones shoulders without a warning and what not, I hated that atmosphere.

A happy medium is required, and with that line up there's no need for such heavy handed security.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Longitude Festival just confirmed headliners on their own facebook page:

Phoenix - Friday

Vampire Weekend - Saturday

Kraftwerk - Sunday

Full lineup will be announced Monday April 8th!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Anyone have any idea what day Foals are likely to be playing? If I could manage to get YeahYeahYeahs and them in one day I'd be happy with a day ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

srm23 wrote: »
    if only the security on the day in marlay was as tight as the moderation of this thread. i think its common knowledge the scum will be there saturday so i might just go fri and sun, if only they were on boards and could confirm.

There's no way the scum will be there on Saturday or any day for that matter... they split up in January http://www.nme.com/news/scum--2/68165

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Having just booked a theatre in London and a gig in Glasgow, I decided that it will be one day for me. My only "must-see" is Kraftwerk and I'd consider 45 to see them a good value. So I'm gonna buy the ticket without knowing the full line-up. most likely I will end-up with 1-2 more bands that I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

I don't understand this at all. Why are loads of "scum" going to go just because it's Saturday? It makes no sense to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I don't understand this at all. Why are loads of "scum" going to go just because it's Saturday? It makes no sense to me.

mostly waffle with a dash of bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Hot Chip just have listed on their website, 19th - 21st, all day but if you click on the link "Hot Chip Dublin" and scroll down, it seems to list 19th July. That'll make it a weekender for me so.

Hot Chip are playing? At a festival in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Like a monkey with a miniature cymbal....

Advertisement